Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Wazzu posted:

"I've been wondering how to physically represent the spark I've been feeling recently"

This is supposed to be an adult professional fighter.

I mean it’s the gimmick behind 3/4 of Jeff hardy’s career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

flatluigi posted:

god i'm so sad for everyone in this loving company

There's bad, and then there's this. :stonk:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Liquid Communism posted:

There's bad, and then there's this. :stonk:

It was her idea which is making some people go oh its fine shes just having fun then, ignoring that it is terrible no matter whose idea it is.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lid posted:

It was her idea which is making some people go oh its fine shes just having fun then, ignoring that it is terrible no matter whose idea it is.

has there been a single person coming out of wwe saying that they were actually absolutely into everything that they were doing for the company? i'm mostly remembering a lot of stuff like mox and pac having said about them that they were liking what they were doing and stuff like the wacky line and Adrian Neville's Iconic Cape were stuff that they were cool with happening to them + of course as soon as they were out of the company the pretenses were dropped. like, remember FTR shaving each other's backs in the showers? people saying shorty g wasn't a lovely rib?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flatluigi posted:

has there been a single person coming out of wwe saying that they were actually absolutely into everything that they were doing for the company? i'm mostly remembering a lot of stuff like mox and pac having said about them that they were liking what they were doing and stuff like the wacky line and Adrian Neville's Iconic Cape were stuff that they were cool with happening to them + of course as soon as they were out of the company the pretenses were dropped. like, remember FTR shaving each other's backs in the showers? people saying shorty g wasn't a lovely rib?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DamoMackle/status/1407157375979634688

No reason to doubt it currently.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I'm expecting 'it was her idea' on the level of 'we presented her with Doink, Bastion Booger, and Gobbeldygooker outfits as alternatives so she went with this'.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

weird that the famous control freak who rewrites the live show in progress is never the one who comes up with the really stupid poo poo, somehow

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karma Tornado posted:

weird that the famous control freak who rewrites the live show in progress is never the one who comes up with the really stupid poo poo, somehow

Because in this case the person humiliated themself for him

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

did they fire him at some point or is he still on nxt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WWE's women's division is loving terrible

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/status/1407151306914111489

why would you tweet this one? the blue around the eyes looks so bad here

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Broken Skull Sessions episode with Mick Foley is so, so good. Absolutely recommend tracking it down. Mick tells some great stories, really gets into his wrestling psychology, and he and Stone Cold react to old matches and segments they were in. It's great.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DLC Inc posted:

These Loss edits are getting esoteric

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DLC Inc posted:

has there been any hard way blood/blade jobs since the thunderdome started? starting to think the shift to wwe being for literal babies theory has wheels

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the only thing I can say in it's defense is that if it showed up in another promotion people would probably think it might be similar to something like Hyper Misao. Maybe Nikki thinks that or thinks her idea will be presented well and like what she has in mind. But it's WWE

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
That mask is hella crooked and looked like it was about to fall off her face

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

has there been any hard way blood/blade jobs since the thunderdome started? starting to think the shift to wwe being for literal babies theory has wheels

I don't recall. The best women's matches I can recall seeing as of late were the deathmatch between Britt/Rosa, and literally all the Serena Deeb matches. Deeb is probably up there with Bayley and Bianca as one of the best right now. I legit do not like Charlotte or Rhea and think they're very sloppy.

Really wanted Xia Li to get big but now her look is loving ridiculous and they've turned her into an Asian ninja assassin or something. She looked way cooler when she first debuted but that's just my opinion.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think the only thing I can say in it's defense is that if it showed up in another promotion people would probably think it might be similar to something like Hyper Misao. Maybe Nikki thinks that or thinks her idea will be presented well and like what she has in mind. But it's WWE

If someone good did it instead of someone terrible, people would be optimistic!

Edit: people seem to have confused her saying it’s her idea IN KAYFABE… with her writing the angle.

You could make it work in another fed, have her sau “it turns out the costume department, music and graphics people will do whatever I want, so I want to be a superhero.”

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What the gently caress happened to Damien Priest?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so do they just do a cell match on every show now?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Penguin Patrol posted:

so do they just do a cell match on every show now?

Sure, because they don't mean anything anymore.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Nikki thing seems very much like a “I bet if I pitch the absolute dumbest thing ever they’ll love it” situation

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gumball Gumption posted:

See the thing is these ginmicks have to work in an environment where they are appreciable by their contrasts and comparisons.

By which i mean lets take Lucha superheroes, its part of lucha culture that they are superheroes and thus its accepted to have more of them. Comparatively we have Hurricane Helms who was presented as a sincere wannabe superhero in an age of WWE realism.

With this Nikki Cross is a sort of superhero and probably meant to be a joke, but shes at a time when WWE is at New Generation levels of ridiculous and shes a superhero joke at a time when we're supposed to take seriously a school girl possessed by a demon with superpowers herself.

The framing just doesnt work.

Wouldn't happen here but the clear counterargument would be well what about AEW with Abaddon - they're a sport company but we're also meant to believe shes a literal zombie. The framing is different in that despite being scary and creepy as hell shes not referred to in hushed tones of "transformation". She might be a zombie she might not be so its never discussed and just treated as just scary as gently caress.

When AEW went hard into supernatural poo poo as real we got the Nightmare "wife haunted" Collective. Lets not remember that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Yo Bayley doesn't belong here. She's still great.

I guess if this is Nikki's idea than okay? I mean, outside of the gear looking like it should be worn by someone on a show that kids would watch Saturday morning, it looks fine. The mask is kinda bleh, but there's been worse. Hopefully it might be able to grow into something more than what it is now, because it's really just set to die as it is now.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Drakkel posted:

What the gently caress happened to Damien Priest?

Who?

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the lovely mask is what kills it. without the mask it'd be totally passable if cartoony as hell wrestler gear. she doesn't even have a secret identity to protect what's the point

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Talented Baron Corbin

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

John Dudebro posted:

the lovely mask is what kills it. without the mask it'd be totally passable if cartoony as hell wrestler gear. she doesn't even have a secret identity to protect what's the point

To embarrass and demoralize her?

I hate this company, I dunno how any of you watch this poo poo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Golden Bee posted:

I wrote a play about a 12-year-old who becomes a superhero. Our budget was $300 and her costume was much, much cooler than this

Did you make the person wearing the costume also pay for it?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

the boring name that punishment martinez went by for wwe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Yo Bayley doesn't belong here. She's still great.

100% agree, she is one of the best woman wrestlers in the USA, but that "Ding Dong" poo poo is on par with the clownshoes poo poo that is happening to the WWE division right now

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jiro posted:

Why in god's name do you think things will get BETTER with a crowd? I'll be surprised if there's even anything remotely looking like AEW Dark.

nothing will get better i just want to see how many segments from the first live raw get poo poo completely poo poo on

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Excited for the chapter of FIENDLORE that explains a superhero teaming up with the demon doll lady.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Codependent Poster posted:

I guess if this is Nikki's idea than okay? I mean, outside of the gear looking like it should be worn by someone on a show that kids would watch Saturday morning, it looks fine. The mask is kinda bleh, but there's been worse. Hopefully it might be able to grow into something more than what it is now, because it's really just set to die as it is now.

Agreeing with those who are suspicious that this is the one time, the ONE time, that someone gets their idea realized without any kind of input from the company famous for nixing ideas.

And even if it's true, WWE should protect their people. Allowing Nikki to become Super Eric is not protecting her. She might even find some success, but it will be an Otis push. There should be more than either getting an Otis push or sitting in catering.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm guessing they did a cell match on Raw because apparently USA was pissed that they gave away one for free on Fox.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Critical posted:

nothing will get better i just want to see how many segments from the first live raw get poo poo completely poo poo on

Yeah. I'm actually looking forward to that. They're convinced the product they're putting out now is great and the fans are there for it, seeing a 2/3 tarped convention center in Kalamazoo poo poo all over a RAW will be good for the soul.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
WWE will truly test my theory that no matter how lame a wrestling promotion is, the fans are lamer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DLC Inc posted:

100% agree, she is one of the best woman wrestlers in the USA, but that "Ding Dong" poo poo is on par with the clownshoes poo poo that is happening to the WWE division right now

Bayley is just the latest victim of "don't ever let WWE find out you're funny because it's loving over for you"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

anyone not checking the raw thread, they're giving away a hell in a cell match on raw as well. Lashley vs. Xavier Woods, non title.

lmao

Chris James 2 posted:

The F4W recap says no, Lashley accepted Kofi’s challenge for MITB but wanted to face Xavier before so he wouldn’t have to worry about interference and Xavier said sure but only if it’s in the Cell https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-hell-cell-fallout-344791

lmao

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Due to Rick O’Shea and John Morrison getting into MITB, I am going to predict the future. Brockle Snar returns at MITB and wins it. He then wins the title later in the night by beating newly crowned Kofi Kingston.

I too dehumanize myself and face to bloodshed.

flatluigi posted:

god i'm so sad for everyone in this loving company

lmao

tl:dr

l m a o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's nothing inherently wrong with superhero gimmicks in wrestling but Nikki's promo and that costume are just aggressively bad, yeesh