Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I wouldn't mind a short Jungle Boy title reign. So far all their world champions have been obvious choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Weird move, Cezar!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's a dope counter to a Cazadora.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HAIL CEZAR

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you put that trophy down you're not a :honk:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

you put that trophy down you're not a :honk:

but he is a Best Son

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Cezar works way better against smaller guys.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i'm expecting some human pretzels

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
there's my wonderful dancing boy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot: THE LAST OF THE TRUE HYBRIDS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TH2's theme is like the last early Ruckus theme that hasn't changed, right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
drat, that's a cool look

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"tiaras"

god these are good kicks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tony Schiavone namedropping Dragon Gate, what a world we live in

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alaois posted:

He was possessed by the ghost of Ex

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

Send Top Flight to Dragon Gate

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

He was possessed by the ghost of Ex

Ex's voice rattling like the chains of Jacob Marley in Schiavone's ear "Dragon Gate. Generation Next. Bryan Alvarez."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ANGELICO NOOOO

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I think "if you will" is Tony Schaivone's "Ex just told me this" tell.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Love these pins

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think they're gonna break up TH2

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Matt Sydal is really good for this Gatekeeper role

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pylons posted:

Send Top Flight to Dragon Gate

Think of how jacked they'd get on the MidBreath lifestyle!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
FTR is so loving good, that match was excellent. Loved Nelon.

Nyla t-shirt gimmick is still fun.

oh my god, greatest Acclaimed intro ever lmao
glad Baron got the hot tag there, awesome exploder

Bums R Us? lmfao

That JAX humidity must be a loving killer because Sydal and Jack Evans were wheezing by the end of their match lmao, still a fun episode

smarxist fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 22, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tony and Paul didn't even seem to want to call Bums R Us.

It feels like such a 2000s Velocity gimmick.

MorningMoon posted:

I think they're gonna break up TH2
Angelico could be the HFO singles guy, Jack should hang with fellow dirtbag Janela.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 22, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm really curious about what happened during the Blondes match to get them (Griff) so pissed off at Bums R Us.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The read I got from it was that maybe Griff found the gimmick offensive. "ha ha let's make fun of the homeless" isn't a great look in 2021, especially after tons of people lost their livelihoods during the pandemic.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Griff is gonna wreck the poo poo out of the captain on BTE Dark

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

sticklefifer posted:

The read I got from it was that maybe Griff found the gimmick offensive. "ha ha let's make fun of the homeless" isn't a great look in 2021, especially after tons of people lost their livelihoods during the pandemic.

That's certainly what I felt when watching the match, I hope that was a one-off appearance for them

Seem like talented guys but that gimmick is death

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

That would be nice but given the chuds he follows on Twitter, I have a hard time believing that he was objecting to a gimmick in poor taste.

rantmo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 22, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Maybe their ring gear actually did smell like poo poo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevated Darkthoughts

Toney interviews George McFly who is dressed like Matt Sydal.

1) FTR vs Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson. Isaacs and Nelson are a solid team. I've made my peace with FTR. This is a nice hard hitting wrasslin match. I'd love to see FTR get the chance to do a tour somewhere like AJPW or Noah where they can have some tag classics. Nelson and Isaacs feel like they're going to be money for someone. Really decent match.

2) Nyla vs Delmi Exo. Vickie has no conception of timing whatsoever. Delmi, put some spice on those strikes. Or... just get murdered, I guess. OK.

3) Baron Black and Talian Vineesh vs The Acclaimed. Corporate synergyyyyyyyy. This is a beating, obviously. Black has an extended shine spot and clearly has skills. I liked him thwarting Caster's distract. Max continues to be a freak.

4) Bums R Us vs Varsity Blonds. Julia somersaulting out of the face tunnel was fun. Bums R Us is a genuinely enormous gimmick. Could be enormously bad or good. They have some fun junky spots, love the Dumpster Dive. Short match but fun enough. Bums R Us.

5) Renee Michelle vs Kris Statlander. Trent. Those shorts. Kris does such a good job of combining actual skills with weirdo antics. Renee Michelle isn't bad and has decent presentation. Good match.

Taz and Hobbs. Hobbs is a decent promo

6) Matt Hardy vs Jora Johl it's Robo! Jora looked good and had a strong showing but lost. Not sure about the post match angle

7) Spears and Wardlow vs Ryzin and Some Guy. Was making coffee so didn't make notes. Fairly standard squash

8) Powerhouse Hobbs vs Darien Bengston. Bengston bringing back the 1998 Raven ring gear. But not the 1998 Raven win / loss record.

9) Jade Cargill vs Robyn Renegade. Commiserations to Alan 5 Angels on his imminent bereavement. Jade is now the face of BNC. Robyn is now the face in the canvas.

Jora details his dilemma well.

10) Penta and Kingston vs Vary Morales and Fuego Del Sol. Hoping for a good Lucha thing. Penta murders Vary for a while. Penta collects Fuego's arm.

11) Cezar Bononi vs Jungle Boy. Jungle Boy quick and kinetic at the start. Bononi slams on the brakes pretty well a few times. Overall this was a very watchable match. From time to time Bononi looked lost, but he never looked terrible. Jungle Boy is a good driver.

12) Jack Evans vs Matt Sydal. Wow, these dudes match well. Sydal is getting in some vicious strikes and nasty submissions. Jack is doing Jack stuff but it's got some mustard on it. This is a real Scumbag Juniors match, and it's great Jack Evans is nearly impossible to kill and Sydal is having to reach deep to get anything that works. Finally he wears him down. Great performance.

Pretty good show overall.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

That would be nice but given the chuds he follows on Twitter, I have a hard time believing that he was objecting to a gimmick in poor taste.

Maybe he just doesn’t like homeless people then, even simulated ones.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Maybe he just doesn’t like homeless people then, even simulated ones.

Wait a second, Griff Garrison is an anagram of... Andrew Yang?!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
was that a fart at 15:50

and at 21:08

MorningMoon posted:

...drat, Griff was intense in this one. Barked out the "COVER" to Pillman

sticklefifer posted:

rantmo posted:

at the start of the blonds gimmick pillman did have to get barked around by griff, maybe that's making a comeback

also is griff a chud :\

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I do hope that Garrison is able to grow beyond his chudish tendencies, he's still relatively young and maybe he's just been in a bubble and the resumption of touring will allow him to see different places and meet a true diversity of people that will erode those prejudices and stupid loving beliefs he's getting from some of the megachuds he follows. I hope so because I do like the guy's work and I'd like to go back to being an unreserved fan of his.

Pillman's decent in the ring but also is just a plain dummy, he can never remember when he's the legal man for the pin at the end of the match and couldn't even remember which loving corner to go to last night, despite an opponent in their corner and Julia! in his.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Pillman has some good charisma, though - looks like he's a lot like his dad in that department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Pillman also seems like a pretty good promo already