Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Amazon has The Iron Neck on sale for Prime day go get you one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I'm sure this is a fantastic but I just can't do it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Yeah it was way too much which I realized right after I tried it.

Thanks, that looks great will try that. So for me that'll be roughly:

100x5
120x5
135x3
160x3
175x3
190x1
205x1
220x1
225x1 (new max)

Just be aware that westside does that to add a lot more volume to workouts and if you are going for a PR I would warm up with way less volume. But for training maxes this is perfect

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My elbows are now used to Zercher squats. My thumbs are still not used to hook grip on the deadlift.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Neck is easy as poo poo to train just do front, back, and side "neck crunches" laying on a flat bench with some small plates. Idk who needs to hear this but you do not need a $300 stupid hat to train neck. If you're bored of neck crunches you can get a $15 stupid hat in the form of a neck harness

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

turd in my singlet posted:

Neck is easy as poo poo to train just do front, back, and side "neck crunches" laying on a flat bench with some small plates. Idk who needs to hear this but you do not need a $300 stupid hat to train neck. If you're bored of neck crunches you can get a $15 stupid hat in the form of a neck harness

______/

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

turd in my singlet posted:

Idk who needs to hear this but you do not need a $300 stupid hat to train neck

What about the $500 one though

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm gonna buy it and put it down as a medical expense for my broken neck.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If you legit have a big time neck injury and something like this is even 1% less likely to aggravate that while strengthening your neck, yeah, I can see spending a few hundred on that. Or if you're like, an NFL training room or something. But for regulars just do what Turd said. Or, you can just wear a cotton hat and use bands. AlphaDestiny on YT has videos about this.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It seems like the one thing it might do that you can't easily duplicate with neck crunches is tension on neck rotation but maybe there's a cheaper way to do that also, not sure. And I doubt anyone would care about that other than injury sufferers and, maybe, professional athletes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It seems like the one thing it might do that you can't easily duplicate with neck crunches is tension on neck rotation but maybe there's a cheaper way to do that also, not sure. And I doubt anyone would care about that other than injury sufferers and, maybe, professional athletes.

you can do that with bands and a cheaper harness if it has a clip in the front. You can also just do it with manual resistance. Press on the side of your forehead with your palm and rotate your head against that resistance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don't like touching my forehead.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I just nod vigorously whenever anyone makes anything like a good point for neck gainz

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

robert redford regimen

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the OSHA thread, but gently caress you mosquitos!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Some Lasha hype for the upcoming Olympics games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZuPt1MNLw

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

How's everyone doing today? Feelin' swole?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

How's everyone doing today? Feelin' swole?

Feeling fat, but like, in a swole way.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
I got a vasectomy yesterday so I got some mad scrotal pump rn.

I also did shoulders today and that felt pretty good.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

secular woods sex posted:

I got a vasectomy yesterday so I got some mad scrotal pump rn.

I also did shoulders today and that felt pretty good.

I laid off exercise for a full two weeks after mine because I didn't wanna scramble my huevos.

E: There's gonna be blood in your first load. Just an FYI.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah I thought you weren't allowed to exercise for two weeks. That's why I didn't get one in 2019 because I'd been doing really well with exercise, didn't want to stop. Then covid happened and I've been stuck at home!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pretty sure the post-procedure paper they sent me home with said seven to ten days of no strenuous exercise. I waited the full two weeks 'cause I didn't want to end up with chronic ball pain or something.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
My aftercare paperwork said that I was good for hard physical labor the day after.

I did the no-scalpel one, so maybe that’s got something to do with it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

secular woods sex posted:

My aftercare paperwork said that I was good for hard physical labor the day after.

I did the no-scalpel one, so maybe that’s got something to do with it.

I did that one too. Maybe the office I went to was erring on the side of caution.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When I did overhead press today at my workout weight the first set I could only do 4, second set was 2(!) and third set was the normal 5. Was kinda weird. My BP has been kinda low this week though I think I may need to adjust my amlodopine dosage. I can track a pretty continuous and steady decline in my BP over the last 4 months I've been lifting 60-90 minutes ~5 days a week.

Rest of the workout was pretty normal (bench, bent row, squats) but it did feel like I was working harder than usual.

Iron Neck hasn't shown up yet will update when it does.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

When I did overhead press today at my workout weight the first set I could only do 4, second set was 2(!) and third set was the normal 5. Was kinda weird. My BP has been kinda low this week though I think I may need to adjust my amlodopine dosage. I can track a pretty continuous and steady decline in my BP over the last 4 months I've been lifting 60-90 minutes ~5 days a week.

Rest of the workout was pretty normal (bench, bent row, squats) but it did feel like I was working harder than usual.

Iron Neck hasn't shown up yet will update when it does.

Odds are good you let the bar drift in front of you during the second set and it sapped the gently caress out of your strength.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Doing C&J singles as high as I can go while keeping a good second pull.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

Odds are good you let the bar drift in front of you during the second set and it sapped the gently caress out of your strength.

Yeah I bet you're right. My OHP situation is all hosed up because of ceiling fans and projectors and poo poo being in the way so that probably makes it more likely to do precisely what you're saying.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I just got one of those cheap eBay massage guns and spent 3 minutes blasting my neck with it and now I can turn my head around like Linda Blair, 10/10 A++++ seller

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How does it work on, uh, other areas?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've been wanting one of those, my calves have been getting really crampy lately.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Taint Status: Reaped [] Unreaped [X]

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

Taint Status: Reaped [] Unreaped [X]

lmao

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
my balls feel fine

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Switched back to 531, feeling way better. Pretty light weights but able to hit PR rep ranges.

I think a2s was just too much volume for my baby rear end.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Pretty sure I gave myself a mini bout of bursitis on my right shoulder doing incline bench fml

Didn’t realize that someone had set the seat like a notch lower than normal so the liftoff angle was too high for me

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My typical preworkout is 400 mg of caffeine. Think it’s safe to bump that up to 600?

e: first google hit says I can take 681 without killing myself so it looks like I’m g2g

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Most preworkouts cap caffeine at 350mg because apparently more than that has a vasoconstriction effect which is bad for pumps. Although I’d assume it ultimately depends on your weight and, like, whether you care about pumps.

Tbh it has more of a reciprocating motion than a vibrating one so the only other use is pummeling my taint to trick my body into thinking I’ve done a full hour on the stationary bike

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2021