Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

christmas boots posted:

The big issue seems to be that the UK has some supremely archaic divorce laws.

Pretty funny considering why the Anglican church exists at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pretty funny considering why the Anglican church exists at all.

noble privileges

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
thread over

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/...oJEnXVIRn_1ipMI

quote:

Milley, who was testifying alongside Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin at a hearing on the defense budget, was responding to a pair of Republican lawmakers arguing the Pentagon had embraced critical race theory, such as its inclusion in some courses at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

"I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military ... of being 'woke' or something else because we're studying some theories that are out there," Milley said.

The four-star general told lawmakers that service members should be "open-minded and be widely read" because service members "come from the American people" and said he wanted to better understand racism as well as the climate that led to the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

"I want to understand white rage — and I'm white," Milley told lawmakers "What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America?

"I've read Mao Tse Tung. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin ... So what is wrong with understanding, having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?"

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Have they considered not being cunts to their partners

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1407794253737119745?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not So Fast posted:

You'd think Boris would be for passing no-fault divorce given how often he needs one.

wait does england not have no-fault divorce?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Thinking back to the whole genre of "my partner transitioned and it MADE ME VERY SAD" tell all books people have been pumping out like sewage since the 80s

Glad to see wokewashing continues unceasingly onwards

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

can you not just get divorced in the uk? what's the problem?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

wait does england not have no-fault divorce?

Next April it will

https://www.co-oplegalservices.co.uk/media-centre/articles-apr-jun-2019/how-will-no-fault-divorce-work-uk-divorce-law-reforms-explained/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lobster shirt posted:

can you not just get divorced in the uk? what's the problem?

no

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

holy poo poo lol

quote:

In order to be granted a divorce in England or Wales, the Court needs to be convinced that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, to a point where it can't be saved.

Under current laws, unless a couple lives separately for at least 2 years they can only get a divorce if one person blames the other for this irretrievable breakdown of their marriage, and this must fall into the category of either adultery or unreasonable behaviour.

These blame-based options are two of 5 legally recognised reasons for the breakdown of a marriage under current laws.

what a hosed up island

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

tokin opposition posted:

Thinking back to the whole genre of "my partner transitioned and it MADE ME VERY SAD" tell all books people have been pumping out like sewage since the 80s

Glad to see wokewashing continues unceasingly onwards

lol, i guess it'd just be the modern version of "my wife left me for a woman"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

in their quest for oppression, white British women find a new and exciting way to alienate their loved ones

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this isn't entirely wrong but for a tendency which has been pissing on the working class at every opportunity for the past thirty years it takes some cheek to say it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"Middle Class" is weird way to spell less oppressed proletariat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

this isn't entirely wrong but for a tendency which has been pissing on the working class at every opportunity for the past thirty years it takes some cheek to say it

It's the saying it while wearing a tuxedo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A player collapsed in the opening game and nearly died and might well never play again. Here's a Welsh pa journalists

https://twitter.com/philblanche/status/1407431945919905797?s=19

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jose posted:

Always posting David Cameron talking about the need for permanent austerity from a golden throne, while drinking priceless wine from irreplaceable crystal goblets.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does the UK have such a prominent problem with the sexual abuse of children by the powerful because their entire government looks like the orgy from Eyes Wide Shut?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

holy poo poo lol

what a hosed up island

Afaik there are still states in the US that dont allow no fault divorces

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

according to wikipedia (as much research as i want to put into this sorry) all 50 states and DC allow for no fault divorce, the last state to enact it being new york in 2010

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Does the UK have such a prominent problem with the sexual abuse of children by the powerful because their entire government looks like the orgy from Eyes Wide Shut?

That's just the House of Lords. The House of Commons is more like the orgy from the end of Star Wars.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jose posted:

I was just going to say lmao

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Josh Christ posted:

Have they considered not being cunts to their partners

have youuu

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

crepeface posted:

lol, i guess it'd just be the modern version of "my wife left me for a woman"

my wife left me for a woman and the woman was her

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/dhmeyer/status/1408374803736768514?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wow their sync ratio would be high enough to be able to execute a highly coordinated dual attack allowing them to defeat the seventh angel Israel.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/arya_kidding_me/status/1408466232341368841?s=21

:laffo:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Greetings! Athanatos and I are running a C-SPAM feedback thread, and we want to make sure as much of the C-SPAM community as possible is aware of it, in case you want to give the site admins direct feedback on stuff.

Athanatos posted:

Hello CSPAM folks. Shine and I are admins here on SA and we need your help. Tell us about CSPAM! We want to hear good things, bad things, neutral things. I cant be a good admin and help with poo poo if I don't know about a place, so here I am. Things we'd love to hear about include:

• Threads that are great. Things that are funny or entertaining or informative. Why do you think as such?
  • People who deserve recognition for being great here and adding to the community. Forums are nothing without worth-a-poo poo people, who is under-recognized and deserves some props?
  • Things that loving suck in CSPAM. No place is roses all the time. What needs changed and WHY? What might not need a change per say...but is something you don't like.

This is your chance to write words about your home forum.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TanaGaneva/status/1408503681927032833?s=20

quote:

Criminal justice reporter. The Intercept, Rolling Stone, Business Insider, The Daily Beast, The Nation, Reason, Teen Vogue. tganeva@gmail.com

lol this person has some many posts about tankies and the Grayzone too
https://twitter.com/TanaGaneva/status/1406668648815677443?s=20

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!

Imagine if each Blue Check were randomly paired with a starving, enraged mandrill; each pair required to spend one week together (no food; no help), with commitment to emerge with

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Hodgepodge posted:

Imagine if each Blue Check were randomly paired with a starving, enraged mandrill; each pair required to spend one week together (no food; no help), with commitment to emerge with

That's animal abuse, being forced to be near blue checks causes uncontrollable screaming over 30 seconds exposure

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!

tokin opposition posted:

That's animal abuse, being forced to be near blue checks causes uncontrollable screaming over 30 seconds exposure

i'm pretty sure monkies already scream while attacking and eating something

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

large room: has sides
liberals: ok but what if we made the congress non-euclidean

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Imagine if each US Senator was paired up with their least favorite colleague in a mansion for one week (food & beverages provided). At the end of the week they each get a million dollars, but there's no internet and the only thing they can watch on tv is the DVD boxset of Newsroom.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You’d have to do ranked choice because everyone would just say Cruz is their least favorite. Everybody fuckin’ hates that dude

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!

Truga posted:

large room: has sides
liberals: ok but what if we made the congress non-euclidean

a non-orientable surface should do

klein bottle-ism

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

whaley posted:

have youuu

Yeah I'm trans, a partner came out to me and I was like, okay, cool, and didn't freak out about how it was ruining my life

One weird trick, Brits hate her

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1408758684776292356?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lmao