Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How is that beetroot-headed fuckstain of a failure back as leader of the Nats?

Rural people are loving stupid and they love him to bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

gay picnic defence posted:

Powerful avatar/post synergy here

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih1EuMLspY

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gay picnic defence posted:

Grew up rural. Am loving stupid. Can confirm.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Every time I see Katter I remember this bloke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpm_9_PmYg

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTmZSoJT88A

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
He's obviously got that shitstain wuss Giorgio 'John' Barilaro in his back pocket

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress this thread's got me homesick. The last two times I was in Australia was for funerals so my content's low, however:

-visited Dan Murphy's in Eastwood, saw this short story (discarded child seat next to an empty gin bottle and an old Corvette)

-loving hilarious prices for lovely beer (I live in Milwaukee where my local bar has a 3 for $5 deal on PBR)

-saw some cheeky pricks looking for a handout

Also someone mentioned Dubbo earlier. When Dubby Dubbo was retired a couple years ago I felt it necessary to mourn the loss of one of Australia's greatest heroes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIvwCEG_FPY

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The hell is wrong with these idiots, drop a Barra into it if you aint using a Holden motor

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

sarcastx posted:

-visited Dan Murphy's in Eastwood, saw this short story (discarded child seat next to an empty gin bottle and an old Corvette)

I hate when people put lovely cheap Bob Jane T-Mart rims on a 'Vette or something.
(Not that the car looks like it's in great condition in the first place.)

sarcastx posted:

-loving hilarious prices for lovely beer (I live in Milwaukee where my local bar has a 3 for $5 deal on PBR)

$58 for a slab of PBR 473mL is actually a really good price for AU!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

sarcastx posted:

That's a great price for almost 3 litres of beer in this country (And a phenomenal price for near 6 litres). And I know this is controversial but I fucken like Pabst, it's a great beer for knocking down + value and won't give you a rotten headache like other local low end swill.

Glad to see the imports are still around.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

That's a great price for almost 3 litres of beer in this country (And a phenomenal price for near 6 litres). And I know this is controversial but I fucken like Pabst, it's a great beer for knocking down + value and won't give you a rotten headache like other local low end swill.

i found a pbr in a bottleo once and gave it a go, it tasted like if you tipped a regular beer down the sink then filled the empty can under the tap and drank that instead

e: for some content
https://files.catbox.moe/ck4g5u.mp4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sarcastx posted:

:aaa:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Was that imported pbr or the local brewed under licence pbr? Everyone seems to hate the new licenced one

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Korgan posted:

Was that imported pbr or the local brewed under licence pbr? Everyone seems to hate the new licenced one

Australian breweries seem to gently caress up every foreign beer they brew under licence. I knew a girl in Ireland who worked for Guinness in the dept that managed licensees. Australian Guinness was widely regarded as the worst.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZMWYkqcjME

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Trolleyed or troll-eyed?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trolleyed or troll-eyed?

Trolleyed = pissed, sloshed, maggoted, three sheets to the wind

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Korgan posted:

Imports are almost always better, I have had both, I'd prefer the import but the local is fine. Less watery too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Trolleyed = pissed, sloshed, maggoted, three sheets to the wind

'Munted' is also a good one.

I mean more, likes shopping trolley or the eyes of a mythical creature

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Shopping trolley. I'm a fan of half-cut.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trolleyed or troll-eyed?

Trolleyed, as in they needed to be carried out in a shopping trolley because they are no longer capable of walking.

Poleaxed is my favourite though

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 23, 2021

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Korgan posted:

Was that imported pbr or the local brewed under licence pbr?

This was 2019 so it was imported from Milwaukee. As of late last year they're not brewing here any longer - it's brewed in LA now I think - so my last reason to advise my Aussie mates to drink PBR is now gone (doubly so if it's being brewed locally).

I suppose I could also tell them to drink Miller Liahahahahhahahahaahahah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I figured that much, I would also take 'drunk enough to try to re-enact the cover of Jackass', but I like asking stupid questions on purpose.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I just remembered that last year or the year before there was that 99 beers for $99 gimmick that was 330mL (lol) cans of locally-brewed "PBR".

Fake edit: gently caress me, it wasn't 99 for $99, it was 99 for $250. Tell 'em they're dreamin'

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 23, 2021

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Wow, for that much can't you just find and lick one of those poisonous toads instead?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I still want to go one day. Aussie goons seem fun as heck.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I still want to go one day. Aussie goons seem fun as heck.

It ain't that bad.

I mean, the last snake I saw was in 2019 5km from the Sydney CBD in my back courtyard but it was only a Red-Bellied Black and buggered off on me as soon as I got near it (I thought it was a hose so I didn't notice it until it moved)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like Miller Chill as far as US beers go.

But Aussie breweries make great stuff. Aether brewing in Milton is awesome. And Fritzenburger has good and interesting stuff they rotate. I like Brisbane. I'm the weirdo.

I will forever be jealous of US prices tho. poo poo's insane.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The best brewery in Brissie at the moment is Sea Legs imo. They are always on point.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I like Miller Chill as far as US beers go.

But Aussie breweries make great stuff. Aether brewing in Milton is awesome. And Fritzenburger has good and interesting stuff they rotate. I like Brisbane. I'm the weirdo.

It is such a paradox to me that beer costs so much in Australia, given how engrained in the culture and national identity it is. gently caress, you think it'd be government subsidized.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It just shows how dedicated Aussies are to getting shitfaced. Americans have dirt cheap alcohol and still complain about prices, cause they're prissy little bitches.

We have a job and we get it done, drat the expense. We're a nation of go getters, as long the the getting is loving hammered.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

It just shows how dedicated Aussies are to getting shitfaced. Americans have dirt cheap alcohol and still complain about prices, cause they're prissy little bitches.

We have a job and we get it done, drat the expense. We're a nation of go getters, as long the the getting is loving hammered.

syntaxfunction posted:

Make up your mind lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's both. We won't let high prices stop us, but if we could get booze at US prices we would be even more efficient. It's simple chemistry.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Pretty basic really, which is why it's well beyond the comprehension of a product of the American education system.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the first political party to build a nationally owned brewery designed to pump out 5 dollar schooners and 40 dollar cartons will remain in power until the end of days

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

ili posted:

Pretty basic really, which is why it's well beyond the comprehension of a product of the American education system.

lol okay I'll just take my stupid seppo rear end down to the store and buy a dirty thirty of PBR for $19.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Not relevant to anything, but I had a dream a couple of nights ago about a movie called "Honey, I glassed the kids" staring Paul Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the first political party to build a nationally owned brewery designed to pump out 5 dollar schooners and 40 dollar cartons will remain in power until the end of days

I still remember bitching to my friends when VB cartons first broke the $20 mark. At the time a "middie" (about half a pint, common in WA until about 15 years ago when preferences starting switching to pints) of beer was $2 and a jug $6