Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

how did the security blanket smell during the elon musk episode

I'm still angry he did just usual fake Italian voice for Wario, who has an extremely distinct voice

edit: worst page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Zerilan posted:

I'm still angry he did just usual fake Italian voice for Wario, who has an extremely distinct voice

edit: worst page snipe

He has no idea who wario is because he's a fraudulent bougie piece of poo poo that Facebook zuckerberged his way into PayPal fortune after his bootstraps upbringing on the starvation paychecks his parents got from running a blood emerald mine.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

"Public private partnerships, private activity bonds, direct pay bonds and asset recycling for infrastructure investment"

lol

and a second lol to dumping childcare and climate for 'later'

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Insanite posted:

and a second lol to dumping childcare and climate for 'later'

can't believe the biden admin and the dems are going to DOUBLE child poverty next year

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No idea how anyone can have any faith in any squad members at this point. They sound identical to all the people they were elected to oppose so if you are still a fan of any of them why not just have a photo of Pelosi or Schumer on your desk?

Not sure who they are supposed to be messaging to. No one wants to hear about "access" and they will never be forgiven for backing Sanders by the centrists. Would be better just saying nothing and let people pretend the lie that they aren't the same garbage.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

stop loving with the font admins

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

can't believe the biden admin and the dems are going to DOUBLE child poverty next year

Joe Biden will provide child care later

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*smackin lips at all the highway widening funding* now THAT'S what i'm talkin bout

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nonsense posted:

stop loving with the font admins

the font admins are working their asses off

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1408124343700369411

She gonna vote against it?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

im sure theres a committee assignment or something she'd have to give up, so no

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

they clearly already have enough republicans, she can easily vote against it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Where's the followup tweet where she explains what she's gonna do about it?

Is this the Just Us Democrats carrying on the Bernie legacy of pointing out problems and doing nothing to solve them?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nichael posted:

gore wouldn't have been good, but would he have done a 9/11?

9/11 probably would've happened regardless and Gore would've approved of the Iraq War regardless.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So what's likely to come from this dumbass infrastructure deal?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The libs learned a new word from their calendar today, "falsifiable", and they'll be damned if they aren't going to apply it everywhere.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

I had wanted to make a thread to ask this: what is the last Democratic president that you, the reader, would've voted for?

McGovern? Henry Wallace? FDR?

That needs more nuance because the last Dem president I voted for was, well, Obama. Wouldn't vote for him now though, probably. I dunno, maybe Dukakis even if he did suck, at least he was actually liberal. But I might be only saying that because I don't know enough about him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

they clearly already have enough republicans, she can easily vote against it

You sure about that?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mcmagic posted:

You sure about that?

yes, she wouldn't be tweeting about it at all if they cared that she was voting for it or not

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

yes, she wouldn't be tweeting about it at all if they cared that she was voting for it or not

she's going to vote for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the worst they'll have to do to win her vote is have her visit the white house once to 'be sure her community voice is being heard'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also who are the 10 republicans that are gonna vote for this in the senate

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1408127602880045062

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

There was at least one Kentucky abolitionist newspaper in the 1830s that mounted a few cannons in its shop in case the local slaveowners got too pissed at them

Josh Christ posted:

I think in the early twentieth century someone robbed a bank in syracuse by getting a big rear end military "gently caress your load bearing walls" gun and shooting the vault until there was a huge hole

america loving owns

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Yeah, about that, it's a funny story, really but those durn Republicans got us again! And after we had a deal! Guess you're just gonna have to vote for Democrats twice as hard in 2022!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when i read stuff like that i get a flash of understanding of the "no mods no masters" fundamental of libertarianism. just gently caress it. america is a lawless land, go nuts bro. thats freedom baby

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/michael092218/status/1408126597601939466?s=21

incredible

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
if you've got the money you can absolutely own a tank or artillery cannon that is fully functional

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Smythe posted:

when i read stuff like that i get a flash of understanding of the "no mods no masters" fundamental of libertarianism. just gently caress it. america is a lawless land, go nuts bro. thats freedom baby

Kentucky in particular is weird because sometimes you'll get cool poo poo like that there like people spraypainting "Do Drugs" over stop signs out in the rural counties and then sometimes you get some middle-aged lady shriveling into a corncob because you dared use the word "crap" around her. Land o' contrasts.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

so many suprisedpikachuface.jpgs coming up in a week or two when it fails 50-50 in the senate

and then they pass this bill via reconciliation and dump the one that has vaguely leftist / climate change proposals

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Liberalism: Co opting the MeToo movement to legalize weed.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

well, trying to bargain with covid hasn't been working out so well, but i'm sure that the skies and ocean will be more reasonable and slow their boil when we tell them that we're trying as hard as we can

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

sexpig by night posted:

Romney, Collins and Murkowski and then libs can swoon over them some more

maybe we'll get a surprise Toomey vote since he's on his way out

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

The Democrats are going to sell give away $600B of public assets to corporations
https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1408117062015324166

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Kentucky in particular is weird because sometimes you'll get cool poo poo like that there like people spraypainting "Do Drugs" over stop signs out in the rural counties and then sometimes you get some middle-aged lady shriveling into a corncob because you dared use the word "crap" around her. Land o' contrasts.

i went to a family reunion in kentucky once. that was hosed up. lots of graveyards to survey. dead smythes on both sides of the civil war lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sounds like we need the Republicans to save us from another horrible grand compromise.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raiad posted:

well, trying to bargain with covid hasn't been working out so well, but i'm sure that the skies and ocean will be more reasonable and slow their boil when we tell them that we're trying as hard as we can

Well, if not we'll just pretend that everything's fine and Joe Biden personally fixed climate change just like we're doing with covid.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its another Grand Bargain. Everything must go!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

So what's likely to come from this dumbass infrastructure deal?

photo ops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if only there were some way for the federal government to compel this behavior!

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1408131418589384704