Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eva Marie has been moved to the Alumni section of the WWE website.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

lmao

What

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Vandar posted:

lmao

Aww, she went through all that hassle and filmed all those vignettes just to introduce us to her dear friend, Doudrop.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a work you jabroni marks!!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Showing some love here for Mega Man 2, because:

- the best weapon in the history of video games (Metal Blade)
- the best soundtrack in the history of video games (Bubble Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, Wily's Castle 1)
- Wily morphing into an alien for the final boss (but not really) freaked the hell out of me as a kid

Anyway, Raw is bad.

Metal Blade is why I like 3 more. Give me lovely weapons like Top Spin, so I don't have to sleepwalk through the whole game. Besides, 5 is the best Mega Man anyway.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Do not even ask posted:

Metal Blade is why I like 3 more. Give me lovely weapons like Top Spin, so I don't have to sleepwalk through the whole game. Besides, 5 is the best Mega Man anyway.

Nah it's 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMispgpUs0

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

D.N. Nation posted:

Anyway, Raw is bad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vandar posted:

lmao

Couldn't have happened fast enough.

https://youtu.be/m4KU6Lqu4hc

:stare: There are more dislikes than likes for this. WWE fans are infested with brainworms.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Vandar posted:

lmao

All red everything, including the x on her name

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is Frakes the guy that doesn't know how to sit in chairs?

yes but its because he has a back injury

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my fave part of TNG is watching Riker dink with the little console display next to his seat to look like he's doing something useful other than sitting in those sweet bridge chairs.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is how TV works tbh

Having worked in TV, it would honestly be more like, "We don't like the script, but you can't change more than 30% of it without giving you a writing credit. So here is the match laid out as it is which can't change, but the good news is that you get to decide which hand of the winner is raised after the match. Make it better, or you're fired!"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Apparently Eva Marie was just never actually removed from the alumni section when they brought her back

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Vandar posted:

lmao

"In a completely unrelated story, the amount of money in Brock's contract offer magically increased, seemingly from out of nowhere." :v:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

Apparently Eva Marie was just never actually removed from the alumni section when they brought her back

lol

In other wwe news: I saw something in the TVIV Couch Chat and thought I would bring it here

bull3964 posted:

Speaking of Peacock, it ain't doing so well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/viacomcbs-roku-shares-jump-on-report-that-comcast-is-considering-deal.html

10 million paid subs after a full year. Ad revenue is apparently ok, but I wonder how long that will last when advertisers realize no one is really watching The Office, they just have it on for background noise.

There's rumors that Comcast is considering partnering with ViacomCBS or locking up a deal with Roku (or outright buying them.)
Guess being the exclusive home of wwe and the office and ONLY those two shows might not have been the best way to start a streaming service

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Imagine being the wrestler attached to the Eva Marie push that lasts all of 2 weeks lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First the Network, now Peacock

quote:

Fewer than 10 million customers reportedly paid for the service as of May. For comparison, Netflix reported 208 million subscribers as of its first quarter.

WWE attached to two bust streaming services in a row :kiss:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They fired Eva Maria???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Peacock is eventually gonna get Seinfeld and Friends, I assume NBC will get the streaming rights to those SOMEHOW, it'll be fine.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So my spouse has been watching Voyager for the first time and there was an episode where the crew go to Los Angeles in 1996 and they put black Spock in a durag to hide his ears.

Creepy. This is literally the episode I'm watching right now. For Voyager it's actually pretty good and has two solid cameos in Ed Begley Jr and Sarah Silverman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tucker on his release posted:

Yeah I mean of course, it’s never fun to lose your job or whatever. I hadn’t been in that positive of a creative position I would say since the split of Heavy Machinery. So, like I said, obviously disappointed, but I think some people say that, for them, their releases were surprising or came out of nowhere – I was pretty sure I was gonna get released.

After I hit my former partner in the head with a briefcase and then we didn’t have a wrestling match, I’m like, ‘Uhh, I kinda know where this thing’s headed, I think I know where this thing’s headed’. So that was kind of at least my thought process through that horseshit

on the breakup with Otis posted:

I was never told really. The first time I found out that it might happen was at TVs the day that we did the Talking Smack segment, I found out a couple of hours before that, ‘Hey we’re gonna do this Talking Smack thing where they’re gonna say that like…’, but it wasn’t like a hard split really, because they were just putting us on different brands and they were kayfabing everybody on what was up. And then a few weeks later we do the El Gran Gordo thing with Otis in a mask pretending not to be Otis, and then I think the split happened two days after that.

I wasn’t booked that day, the day the split happened, I wasn’t booked to be on the show that day. And then I got a call at like 1:00 in the afternoon saying, ‘Hey, we need you to come to the arena’. I’m like, ‘Okay…’. And then I wasn’t even told until, I don’t even know, like 3:30 or 4:00 what was gonna go down. And that plans changed a couple of times, and looking back on it, I don’t know this, but I’m very sure, I feel confident that the way that it happened was so that I wouldn’t ask a bunch of questions, and so that I would kinda be frazzled into doing it, which is exactly what ended up happening.

So honestly I didn’t really get any answers on that (plans for Otis’ MITB run) either. I think that Otis getting the briefcase was a real last minute decision, I believe, I don’t know that either. The truth of the matter is, no I don’t really have any set answers, I didn’t get any, I feel like I was definitely lied to straight to my face on multiple occasions.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They fired Eva Maria???

Consider that fire is red, and Eva Maria is all red everywhere, or something. She is in the constant state of being fired.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so when HHH was talking about how fans constantly bitch because they don't know what's happening next, he meant the wrestlers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

coconono posted:

so when HHH was talking about how fans constantly bitch because they don't know what's happening next, he meant the wrestlers.
I think he also means himself. The game tells the game not to cry as karrion kross is lifted from him and thrown on main event.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was gonna say calling the Network a failure was a bit much. Then I remembered it shifted direct revenue sharing away from the wrestlers so yeah gently caress that network.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My friend Mark said the Network is only $9.99 and I’d be a loving idiot not to get it.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

MJeff posted:

Peacock is eventually gonna get Seinfeld and Friends, I assume NBC will get the streaming rights to those SOMEHOW, it'll be fine.

It looks like Seinfeld was Sony & Friends was Warner Bros. so they probably won't get either, I think. Maybe. I don't understand how things work now.

It's still weird to me that it's called Peacock and not Universal+ or whatever. And that they advertise having The Office and not having Fast & Furious, Harry Potter and Jurassic Park.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
nah that was your friend Mike. Michael Cole

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Don't worry, everybody

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1408129311291363331

The long national nightmare is over

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Seems more likely they just fired the guy in the office who cared about updating wwe.com

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alexander Hamilton posted:

It looks like Seinfeld was Sony & Friends was Warner Bros. so they probably won't get either, I think. Maybe. I don't understand how things work now.
Generally, streaming deals are limited in time, and rights revert to the holder at the end (but are typically renegotiated before the end of the period if it's something popular). Since Sony doesn't really have a streaming network anyone cares about, it'll get renegotiated and with multiple companies vying for the rights, will probably be more expensive. Friends is on Home Box Office Maximum, also owned by Warner, so that's not going anywhere.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Home Box Office Maximum

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

better know to the marks as HBOMax

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You have to laugh over Tucker betraying Otis… So Otis will lose the briefcase… so the Miz will lose for a year, then get the title and hold it for less than two weeks… and then canonically get eaten by zombies.

The WWE is an amazing entertainment company and never why they intend.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

Netflix will be getting Seinfeld sometime this year, while Friends is firmly on HBO Max.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/PunkerSZN/status/1408112391154454533

Just :lol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He looks like a tiny HHH cosplayer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I almost couldn't make it through the whole thing, it was way too exciting for me.

Love how he spams like 9 loving poses to the hard cam. He is to poses what Triple H is to nicknames, no wonder he loves the guy so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the WWE network was awesome if you like wrestling history. Peacock sucks rear end and it is nigh impossible to be a wrestling fan and know what you want to watch then find it and put it on without a tremendous headache. I hope it fails and they bring the network back.