Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Could Peacock die? It seems too big to fail.

Down the road when the chart hits the point where licensing their biggest shows to other streaming services is higher in profit than running their own service, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Down the road when the chart hits the point where licensing their biggest shows to other streaming services is higher in profit than running their own service, sure

Yep. Not a matter of if but when

The "under 10mil paid" figure isn't after like their first month or even half-year/whatever when you still think there might be room to grow. Peacock launched 14 months ago. Audiences know what they'll get at this point and don't want it

Quibi lasted 8 months

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
can someone who watches this shitshow tell me how bad Jimmy Smith is doing on commentary. tia

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
WWE still has all the infrastructure for the network so if/when Peacock collapses they’ll just move everything there and get their 1 million customers to pay them $9.99 a month again and still get all the money Peacock owes them. this company only fails upwards.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Are all NXT/main event entrances that bland? All the screens looked like a burnt red and the only distinguishing thing from Kross is his logo on the entranceway before he enters the arena.

As much as I loathe Kross, his entrance isn't this generic in NXT (it's still bad, but also not generic either). The only real generic entrance among the champions in NXT right now is Raquel's, which is peak CAW energy.

But otherwise most wrestlers on NXT have way better entrances than those on the main roster.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what is caw

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
caw caw bang gently caress i'm dead

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

what is caw

create-a-wrestler.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

graph posted:

what is caw

Create a Wrestler. Calling a worker a CAW is basically shorthand for saying they're generic or overly dependent on familiar tropes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE still has all the infrastructure for the network so if/when Peacock collapses they’ll just move everything there and get their 1 million customers to pay them $9.99 a month again and still get all the money Peacock owes them. this company only fails upwards.

jumping back and forth from streaming services is gonna do hell on retention when a segment just decides its simply not worth it to get another goddamn thing setup. streaming services are like raw ratings after a law and order marathon, at a point you just hope people forgot they have it on so you can juice the numbers.

karrion kross is without a doubt one of the most overall boring wrestlers ive ever seen, its really incredible how unremarkable he is.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shayna Baszler posted:

Sold for the bird smdh

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shayna Baszler posted:

Wish someone would use that on crow sting in a promo and bring that poo poo full circle

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
is chad gable still with the wwe?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Schrodinger's G

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Do it ironically posted:

is chad gable still with the wwe?

Here's how his last eight months have gone according to Wikipedia

quote:

On the October 23 episode of SmackDown, after losing to Lars Sullivan, he announced that he had quit being "Shorty G" and reverted to the ring name Chad Gable.[55][56] On November 13 edition of SmackDown, Gable opened The Alpha Academy and attempted to recruit Otis as his first client, seemingly turning face in the process.

On the February 19, 2021 episode of SmackDown, Chad Gable ordered Otis to attack Rey Mysterio after their tag team match, thus reverting back to heel in the process.[57][58]

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

overmind2000 posted:

I now know as much about chad gable as their writers!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was thinking about this earlier while watching some stuff about the "Reign of Terror" era-----what's been the worst booking decision from WWE in modern history in your opinion? Like, in terms of something that, if it had gone the other way, would have radically altered the course of the company for the better or hoisted up a way better worker towards success. I'm forever hung up on HHH going over Booker T at Wrestlemania, I think---would have really been a huge win and course correction. I'm sure there are others more memorable in terms of CM Punk matches or Brock pinning Kofi in 10 seconds (which I can't even put near the top because it was such a random rear end but expected thing)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

I now know as much about chad gable as their writers!

quote:

His name is either Chad Able or Thad Nable and I really should know that. He’s like this short guy and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves Alpha Academy. Alpha Academy. They wear singlets and they’re like, “We’re jobbers.”

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

What could WWE have done right

Push people when they were over. That’s a recurring theme. Roman, Braun, Joe, Cody, Shinsuke, the trigger was never pulled for people who are ready and the audience learned not to care anymore.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The one that upsets me most when I think about it was the raw general manager secretly being Hornswoggle, despite that being impossible. (I’m pretty sure he ordered an attack on himself if that was the case.) The angle ran 13 months without being resolved. The next year, they revealed it in a five minute “gently caress you“ segment.

The only thing I really cared about after that was the mae young and cruiserweight classic, because they were just matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Karrion Kross is a Hot Wife Guy with Triple H Metal Dude Aesthetics, and they took both his hot wife and the Triple H Metal Aesthetics away from him lol.

DLC Inc posted:

was thinking about this earlier while watching some stuff about the "Reign of Terror" era-----what's been the worst booking decision from WWE in modern history in your opinion? Like, in terms of something that, if it had gone the other way, would have radically altered the course of the company for the better or hoisted up a way better worker towards success. I'm forever hung up on HHH going over Booker T at Wrestlemania, I think---would have really been a huge win and course correction. I'm sure there are others more memorable in terms of CM Punk matches or Brock pinning Kofi in 10 seconds (which I can't even put near the top because it was such a random rear end but expected thing)

From my time watching, Don't break up the Shield, and have a face Shield vs an Authority backed Lesnar with Roman going over at Mania 31. Doesn't fix their long term problems, but it would have personally kept me watching longer.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shayna Baszler posted:

Sting is AEW tho

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the other video of his entrance got taken down, so here it is again for anyone who missed it

also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3va7kl-qg

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I've probably posted about this before but the resolution to the Steph/HHH/Angle love triangle was horrendous and maybe if those two had broken up in kayfabe it woulda spilled over to real life and we woulda been spared 20 years of HHH's bullshit.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

overmind2000 posted:

Yikes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

can someone who watches this shitshow tell me how bad Jimmy Smith is doing on commentary. tia

He's actually fine. He'd have potential if WWE didn't cut the nuts off their announcers.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

I know some don't think he's very talented but any of like 3 different times they buried Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania could have been wins for him instead and really elevated him as a top tier heel with a scary stable, and as a side benefit we might never have gotten the fiend.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Codependent Poster posted:

He's actually fine. He'd have potential if WWE didn't cut the nuts off their announcers.

yeah he's fine and better than virk. starting to pick up on some of the moves too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mooseinfants posted:

I know some don't think he's very talented but any of like 3 different times they buried Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania could have been wins for him instead and really elevated him as a top tier heel with a scary stable, and as a side benefit we might never have gotten the fiend.

It would have made sense for WWE to build a new Undertaker, but instead we have people yelling at Bix that Alexa is a cheese pizza.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep. Not a matter of if but when

The "under 10mil paid" figure isn't after like their first month or even half-year/whatever when you still think there might be room to grow. Peacock launched 14 months ago. Audiences know what they'll get at this point and don't want it

Quibi lasted 8 months

I think Peacock is probably doomed but I think Comcast is going to keep it going for a few years in a play for online plus to (in their mind) offer value to their Cable/Internet bundles. The big question is will they try and move some sports over to it and let those properties die to try and save it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The streaming bubble blew up once every single network and movie company started taking their stuff off the formerly established streaming websites. I'll sub to 2-3 per month at best, I'm not trying to pay as much as cable costs just to watch half the stuff I could 10 years ago. Doesn't help that they're all raising their prices from $8 to $12 per service.

People are definitely going back to piracy because it's easier again. Nobody cared to pay $8 a month for unlimited streaming when it was all on the same site.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

The streaming bubble blew up once every single network and movie company started taking their stuff off the formerly established streaming websites. I'll sub to 2-3 per month at best, I'm not trying to pay as much as cable costs just to watch half the stuff I could 10 years ago. Doesn't help that they're all raising their prices from $8 to $12 per service.

People are definitely going back to piracy because it's easier again. Nobody cared to pay $8 a month for unlimited streaming when it was all on the same site.

UNIFY THE STREAMS

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

graph posted:

kross sucks poo poo please polevault him to the wasteland that is raw immediately

He's already in the wasteland that is nxt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Thing is the $8 a month model isn't really sustainable for brand new content unless you go really cheap. But leave it to the Cable/production companies to pick the dumbest way to tackle the problem

Online streaming going the way of Cable sure is a thing and will probably end up with 2 or 3 companies left but media being in a much worse state

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It sucks but also some of us saw it coming from miles and miles away. You can't have something with the success Netflix achieved (with how much people got drawn to it) without everyone else involved going "okay, time for me to get in on this". Not in the current world. Everyone's getting in on this with their own service until the market's (or its room for growth is) bled even further dry than it already is

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chris James 2 posted:

It sucks but also some of us saw it coming from miles and miles away. You can't have something with the success Netflix achieved (with how much people got drawn to it) without everyone else involved going "okay, time for me to get in on this". Not in the current world. Everyone's getting in on this with their own service until the market's (or its room for growth is) bled even further dry than it already is

What’s really remarkable is despite the existence of Netflix as a test case, every one of these new services always have a terrible interface for like the first 18 months and have none of the QOL features that Netflix has had forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to me, i think all these streaming services popping up is just like the way Cable television went. The FCC Keeps providing us with the services for free due to our powerful internet speeds, and the streaming services keep having to do more and more to prevent that from happening such as using scrambler devices.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What’s really remarkable is despite the existence of Netflix as a test case, every one of these new services always have a terrible interface for like the first 18 months and have none of the QOL features that Netflix has had forever.

As someone who just started a Paramount Plus trial for one specific show, this is so true. Love to scroll through a single row of all the shows in a section in alphabetical order instead of something more sane like a grid that takes up my whole screen. Fuckin' bozos.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lets try to keep things on topic please? on the murder pedophile company that we all watch. can you believe their latest blunder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

That DICK! posted:

the murder pedophile company that we all watch

i think darkstar is the only person in this thread that watches still

and suffers tremendously for it