Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Is Charlotte telling Rhea she wants a title match or a hookup here :confused:

Eat My Fuc posted:

do harm to the wrestling business

We're talking about WWE though, which is a sports entertainment company, and thus has nothing to do with wrestling

karmicknight posted:

people...in this thread don't want the wwf to survive...destroying the company is good

Edited to better reflect my worldview :c00l:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the people posting ghoulishly in this thread don't want the wwf to survive, partially thanks to Hunter Hearst Helmsley. A vulture picking the bones and destroying the company is good in that lens.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why people hate HHH so much that they’d pull for some soulless, grimy capitalist to do harm to the wrestling business.

They ain't in the wrestling business. They're in the entertainment business, pal!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t really enjoy Nick Khan or think anything he’s doing is good. He’s firing people for a very insidious reason so a few people at the top of WWE can profit massively. I don’t know why people hate HHH so much that they’d pull for some soulless, grimy capitalist to do harm to the wrestling business. At least Hunter’s thing, NXT is pretty good overall, arguably the best WWE program for the last several years as far as consistency goes. It’s highs aren’t as good to me as say, Kofimania or Bianca vs Sasha at mania but they have created some phenomenal stuff especially a few years ago, and for the past few weeks NXT seems to be hitting a new stride with Joe, Io, and that million dollar man angle being positives.

NXT is garbage, HHH is a racist piece of trash and some slimy exec coming in and stripping the company for parts is funny as gently caress.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

karmicknight posted:

the people posting ghoulishly in this thread don't want the wwf to survive, partially thanks to Hunter Hearst Helmsley. A vulture picking the bones and destroying the company is good in that lens.

i’d be more sympathetic to that if the WWF going out of business wouldn’t harm several hundred working class individuals from wrestlers to crew to office people and janitors. I lost my job due to an industry collapse and even if it was an industry full of bad people it put a hurting on me and I feel really bad for the people released today, in a world where indie wrestling still isn’t totally back on it’s feet.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pictures you can hear

Davros1 posted:

Isn't (or now supposed, Wasn't) Dain in a tag team with Drake Maverick?

Wouldn't be shocked if he was canned again

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Eat My Fuc posted:

i’d be more sympathetic to that if the WWF going out of business wouldn’t harm several hundred working class individuals from wrestlers to crew to office people and janitors. I lost my job due to an industry collapse and even if it was an industry full of bad people it put a hurting on me and I feel really bad for the people released today, in a world where indie wrestling still isn’t totally back on it’s feet.

:capitalism:

E: also lol that you're out here crying tears for WWE "going out of business" when in reality they'll just get sold to an even bigger company to churn out endless hours of garbage for whatever streaming service that company also owns

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2021

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why people hate HHH so much that they’d pull for some soulless, grimy capitalist to do harm to the wrestling business.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

What a bizzarely aggressive read.

I just genuinely couldn't figure out what that 6-7 months thing meant and I thought he was the guy who is always getting in Twitter fights defending wwe. Maybe I've really messed up and confused him with someone else?

But the Tokyodome timeline or some longer term contracts or something are all totally plausible connections I hadn't made. I just couldn't put that together myself.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

If a soulless and grimy capitalist is going to finish killing WWE, it's funnier if it's the guy that came along in the last few months and doesn't care about wrestling than it is if it's the guy who's spent twenty years thinking he was securing his loving birthright or something.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
*looks back on the past 20 years*

WWE going down is going to harm the wrestling business. Sure.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I just genuinely couldn't figure out what that 6-7 months thing meant and I thought he was the guy who is always getting in Twitter fights defending wwe. Maybe I've really messed up and confused him with someone else?

But the Tokyodome timeline or some longer term contracts or something are all totally plausible connections I hadn't made. I just couldn't put that together myself.

Are you confusing Ryan Satin and Sean Ross Sapp?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sadly, when WWE is sold to NBC, there will be no more office or janitorial jobs. They will simply all cease to exist.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's like watching the two biggest assholes you know beat the poo poo out of each other, you don't have to root for either side to get that schadenfreude.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
honestly even if WWE gets sold it's not going away any time soon

the earth will freeze over and hogan will still be guest hosting raw

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

If a soulless and grimy capitalist is going to finish killing WWE, it's funnier if it's the guy that came along in the last few months and doesn't care about wrestling than it is if it's the guy who's spent twenty years thinking he was securing his loving birthright or something.

I can see the humor in that I guess.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At this point WWE could get bought and run by one of those shady Russian content farms that makes all the "Frozen Pregnant Elsa Spiderman Finger Family Pranks" videos and it'd be about as logically consistent as it is now.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Drakkel posted:

It's like watching the two biggest assholes you know beat the poo poo out of each other, you don't have to root for either side to get that schadenfreude.

I'm rooting for things to get so toxic that Trips and Khan to start taking shots at each other in the media

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I would say you should take comfort in the idea that the wwe probably isn't going out of business considering they're turning record profits and signing new distribution deals. My take on all this is simply that they fired their old business people and hired a new one who recognized the very obvious fact that wwe has a bloated roster that serves no purpose other than to stifle competition and hoard resources and wwe has actually achieved record numbers working minimally even with growing competition so he's cutting the fat. That's capitalist and terrible but its no more terrible than when HHH and co fired a bunch of people a year ago or any of the other cold and capitalist decisions made by this company.

Selfishly I'm kind of glad to see 3.0 might reemerge from the WWE hiatus so many other indie acts I enjoyed have disappeared to. But I hope they handled their money well and land on their feet.

Pylons posted:

Are you confusing Ryan Satin and Sean Ross Sapp?

Yes, I think that was my crucial mistake.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Waffleopolis posted:

https://twitter.com/CurtStallion/status/1408515307686203393

I don't know poo poo about WWE these days but I nod to anyone who uses Cowboy Bebop as a release tweet.

Curt Stallion was called out during SpeakingOut, though the original tweet is now gone. gently caress that guy.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Between launching a podcast and firing people the next day and the Breezango releases, I wonder if they’re going to try to re-hire in content/non-wrestling roles.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

WWE won't die, at least not anytime soon. This company is being trimmed to nothing to be sold, probably to NBC, within 12-18 months. Get a few more quarters of ridiculous profit, maybe pump the stock a bit and then Nick Khan clears a loving disgusting amount of money.

I have zero sympathy for WWE as an organization and the fact that Nick Khan is coming in and basically pulling a vulture capitalism on them after Vince worked so hard to cripple pro wrestling is sweet schadenfreude. Same goes for HHH and Vince's kids, gently caress em.

I have sympathy for some of the talent because for the longest time WWE was literally the only way to make a wage comparable with the wear and tear that wrestling puts on your body.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

EMF, you know you're my guy but if your answer to 'company abuses and exploits its workforce' is 'hope workers stay abused and exploited' then I think you need to consider the options further

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I assume when he tweeted the other day and reminded me he exists someone else in WWE was also reminded

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

EMF, you know you're my guy but if your answer to 'company abuses and exploits its workforce' is 'hope workers stay abused and exploited' then I think you need to consider the options further

A better hope is that whoever buys the company actually treats their employees right but that flies in the face of capitalism and I could barely type that with a straight face.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t really enjoy Nick Khan or think anything he’s doing is good. He’s firing people for a very insidious reason so a few people at the top of WWE can profit massively. I don’t know why people hate HHH so much that they’d pull for some soulless, grimy capitalist to do harm to the wrestling business. At least Hunter’s thing, NXT is pretty good overall, arguably the best WWE program for the last several years as far as consistency goes. It’s highs aren’t as good to me as say, Kofimania or Bianca vs Sasha at mania but they have created some phenomenal stuff especially a few years ago, and for the past few weeks NXT seems to be hitting a new stride with Joe, Io, and that million dollar man angle being positives.

OK, but this isn't doing harm to the broader wrestling business. WWE hoarding talent for the last decade that they weren't using has been harming the business, because wrestling is considerably bigger than one lovely company. There is a dearth of talent on the indies, especially veteran hands who can help the younger generation improve. Meanwhile WWE's roster is absolutely loaded with great wrestlers, men & women, who were signed purely so someone else doesn't potentially make money with them. It sucks for the individual wrestlers being fired but they know that they sign incredibly 1 sided contracts with a monolith that doesn't even know who they are.

Is NXT great? I mean it used to be but at some point, oddly when it became an in-house super-indy rather than a developmental farm, it lost that: it became a touring brand, it lost the looseness that allowed people to experiment with gimmicks & stuff, for things to get over naturally over time. Sure there's a lot of talent, but Sareee, Shirai, Bronson Reed, Cameron Grimes, Stokely Hathaway, whoever else would still be as talented in companies that aren't a complete tire fire. And I'd actually get to watch them if Jonah Rock was in New Japan & Shirai was in Stardom & Sareee was back in places like SEAdLINNNG & so on, so forth. And HHH would be sad and that is truly the best outcome.

Dawg, you deserve to watch better wrestling.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 25, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

NXT is garbage, HHH is a racist piece of trash and some slimy exec coming in and stripping the company for parts is funny as gently caress.

:emptyquote:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Marina Shafir also gone, also Sapp knows something we don’t know.

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1408528864960253960?s=21

Given that Marina is married to Roderick Strong, it probably means his contract his up late this year/early next year and them firing his wife makes it more likely he won't sign a new contract.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How in the world would you not ask for a stupid huge signing bonus at this point?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE wasn't hiring all these people because they desperately needed new performers, they were hiring them to keep them away from other people and try and cut the legs off any kind of competition they could've had. Again, not saying that people losing their jobs is good but most of them were rarely used or their ceiling was 205 Live, Superstars, or NXT.

They may have lost their comfy jobs for decent money but if they really wanted to wrestle they've got that shot again, and most will get heroes welcomes when they return

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn’t Nikki Cross married to Killian Dain?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Isn’t Nikki Cross married to Killian Dain?
Yep, and Roddy's wife was fired as well. SRS posted that Nick didn't care about breaking up couples, veterans, or even on-screen/on-going feuds. The fact there's no non-compete clauses means that Nick for sure, is just focused on the WWE and nothing else.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What is the emotion they are trying to convey here

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

RealFoxy posted:

Yep, and Roddy's wife was fired as well. SRS posted that Nick didn't care about breaking up couples, veterans, or even on-screen/on-going feuds. The fact there's no non-compete clauses means that Nick for sure, is just focused on the WWE and nothing else.

Sounds like there are non-competes though, Killian’s goodbye specifically said “See you in 90 days” unless word’s come out that they called him back and were like “we’re going to stop paying you now, actually.”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yea, that makes sense. I should probably not even think about this stuff too hard because it’s depressing the state of worker’s lives in this world. hopefully AEW changes things but what we really need and have always needed is a union for pro wrestling workers, everyone from the talent to the ring crew.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just remembered that WWE taped a NXT Evolve pilot

Whoops

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

what we really need and have always needed is a union for pro wrestling workers, everyone from the talent to the ring crew.

Never gonna happen unforch. It’s a scum business

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Just spoke to Matt Martel. What a poo poo loving day. (We were screaming in joy after the Habs win at midnight yesterday)

loving monkeypawcurl.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Draxion posted:

What is the emotion they are trying to convey here

Don't watch the show is the emotion they are clearly trying to convey.

stab posted:

Just spoke to Matt Martel. What a poo poo loving day. (We were screaming in joy after the Habs win at midnight yesterday)

loving monkeypawcurl.jpg

I really feel for those guys because I know you've mentioned the WWE was their dream job but I don't doubt they'll land on their feet, they are entertaining as hell.