Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one thing that is super wild to me is especially christian fundamentalist death cultists who will say poo poo like "Our God is a righteous mighty god" or whatever and it boggles my mind because it implies that other gods are real and are out there doing poo poo, which seemingly is an obvious huge contradiction.

Like satan isn't the :airquote: bad god, satan's more like the left hand man compared to the holy spirit or jesus or w/e. The entire concept is that God is the only god what the gently caress are you doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Do Grand Wizards count as wizards? :thunk:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The mystical symbiology of things like the klan and nazis primarily serves to reinforce cohesion and establish in-group identifying shibboleths and this is why proud boys drink milk or whatever

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The mystical symbiology of things like the klan and nazis primarily serves to reinforce cohesion and establish in-group identifying shibboleths and this is why proud boys drink milk or whatever

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

one thing that is super wild to me is especially christian fundamentalist death cultists who will say poo poo like "Our God is a righteous mighty god" or whatever and it boggles my mind because it implies that other gods are real and are out there doing poo poo, which seemingly is an obvious huge contradiction.

Like satan isn't the :airquote: bad god, satan's more like the left hand man compared to the holy spirit or jesus or w/e. The entire concept is that God is the only god what the gently caress are you doing

it's like they haven't even watched jesus christ superstar while on mushrooms

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

gay_crimes posted:

i don’t feel that there is anything substantial here beyond practices warped and diminished to tchotchkes and novelties that serve cultural voyeurism and charlatans. magic is impossible when the natural world is so thoroughly destroyed and its human care takers were either eradicated or assimilated. the old ways are gone, and the few that practice them in this dying world aren’t posting here. this isn’t the place to respect them. get off the internet and go look at whatever wildlife and world is left near you if you want to see an echo of what once was. pick up some nearby garbage at the green belt. our legacy is one of ashes and the spirits no longer answer

Mostly agree but there's nothing that says you can't learn from the people who still practice, or turn yourself toward revitalizing that old way. Magic is very relational and situational, so the old ways aren't applicable because the situation is changing, but that doesn't mean that the fundamental elements of magic and spiritual insight aren't still present, we are just alienated from them.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

anybody here played unknown armies? love that poo poo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
In numerology I'm a 9 but that's bad but it sounds good so I've accepted it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

I love it when they give angels names like Michael; it makes it so much more real and personal

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

magick is real but unfortunately inaccessible to everyone else because i've spent years in my garage maxxing out my collection of j/o crystals, hogging all of the mana for myself

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

magick is real but unfortunately inaccessible to everyone else because i've spent years in my garage maxxing out my collection of j/o crystals, hogging all of the mana for myself

its all about orbs now, crystals dont do anything unless you ingest them anyways

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

burning a spell slot to cast level 1 wizard spell "grease" and intentionally failing my dexterity saving throw to wallow around in a 10ft sq area of slippery muck

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

i am continuously casting wizard cantrip "acid splash" on my dick and balls, dealing 1d6 damage each time and mutilating them beyond all recognition

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

i have summoned puissant magical enemies to summon an unseen servant, which is different from an imaginary friend

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

i have summoned puissant magical enemies to summon an unseen servant, which is different from an imaginary friend

lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i dont like astrology ppl because they are always very rude to me (scorpio)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

that's such a scorpio thing

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

thats your loving fault now isnt it. (capricorn)

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

didnt read thread but back in the 90s i remember learning from the weekly world news that there was a 13th sign because of astral rounding errors or something. im that sign

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Bideo James posted:

thats your loving fault now isnt it. (capricorn)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

fool. idiot. there are tens of thousands of astrological signs, only accessible to the most powerful of magickal practitioners

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Watching the pro magic side devolve into “well it’s obviously not real but I still think you shouldn’t be able to make fun of my friends” and “literally the worldview espoused in the song miracles by insane clown posse” I’m becoming more and more convinced magic is not only fake, but bad.

Also if religion is magic than why not just say you’re religious? If Islam’s magic and magic is real, you’re more of a pedantic Muslim than a wizard no?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Hell if cooking’s magic and Magic’s real you’re a pedantic chef

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

miracles gets a bad rap. none of you dumb motherfuckers could explain how a magnet works without looking it up and i think its time as a a society that we apologize to whichever of them sang that part

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Varinn posted:

miracles gets a bad rap. none of you dumb motherfuckers could explain how a magnet works without looking it up and i think its time as a a society that we apologize to whichever of them sang that part

yeah as a fundamental force im p sure electromagnetism is explained as “just how reality works this time, i guess”

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

it can get weirder that that! let me introduce you to the Demiurge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciGhEuQmsVw

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Another magical disappointment as the enlarge spell wears off halfway through

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

gently caress you pay me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dangerburrd posted:

Also if religion is magic than why not just say you’re religious? If Islam’s magic and magic is real, you’re more of a pedantic Muslim than a wizard no?

not all religion is magic. usually magic is religion+ that is the secret parts only for the initiates/priests/whatever. but yeah if your casting magic spells you're pretty much by definition religious

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

dangerburrd posted:

Watching the pro magic side devolve into “well it’s obviously not real but I still think you shouldn’t be able to make fun of my friends” and “literally the worldview espoused in the song miracles by insane clown posse” I’m becoming more and more convinced magic is not only fake, but bad.

Shut up nerd. I just communed an angel by ingesting something I brewed for 2 months and ran through castor oil to purify. I'm about to tell him you're a nerd and don't get to ascend.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I am currently casting a spell to make you smarter Squizzle. Hopefully it works.

Shine posted:

We've removed Squizzle as a mod.

Spell seems to have been a success. You all are welcome.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

dangerburrd posted:

porque no los dos

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Varinn posted:

Hell yeah

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Rutibex posted:

not all religion is magic. usually magic is religion+ that is the secret parts only for the initiates/priests/whatever. but yeah if your casting magic spells you're pretty much by definition religious

Modern day mysteries are lame, bring back the old school cults

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I can’t argue with these results

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

some plague rats posted:

Another magical disappointment as the enlarge spell wears off halfway through

magic works on the law of equivalent exchanges, so whenever you enlarge your own penis you are giving someone else a microdick. really makes you think