Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Is this a thread where I ask for mouse pad suggestions? I don't even know if I should bother being picky about em.

Duck and Cover posted:

Mouse pad ranking.

Skypad (I think it's better but I'm not sure I've played anything all that demanding on it)/Steelseries SX
Everything else is slow garbage what kind of idiot moron uses plastic/cloth.

I like fast and durable, and thus the Skypad but it's expensive at 66 euro + shipping (or $70 if it's in stock on Amazon). Steelseries SX was discontinued I'd still be using it had I not bought a Skypad.

Koskun posted:

I can't stand cloth pads. No matter what one I've tried they all feel like I'm dragging the mouse across sandpaper. Some years ago I found a hard pad at Best Buy, and that thing lasted the better part of a decade before I had to replace it. It literally got so smooth it was starting to reflect.

I found this no-name hard pad and have been quite happy with it. The mouse glides nice and smooth, it doesn't slip/move while using it, and cleaning it is as simple as wiping it off, maybe getting out some rubbing alcohol or even windex if I get something on it.

What's a friction experiment? Is it sex? That's a lot of sex.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

isndl posted:

They went chasing lower power draw without exchanging the switch for one meant to run at that lower power.

Not every mouse fails so as far as the bean counters are concerned it was the right move but it sucks hard for anyone who gets hit.

EVERY mouse that I have gotten from Logitech that has been branded as "gamer" has failed in one of two ways, disconnect/reconnectitis, which they ONLY JUST FIXED WITH THE G502, or dying switches.

It is the non-gamer mice that have been loving bulletproof. My dad uses a Logitech mouse + KB combo dating back to when he first started his company, back in 2013. I know, because I am the one that got it for him in the first place. I have only just replaced the M510 that came with the bundle THIS YEAR, because it just started eating batteries like Chrome eating memory, and the keyboard is still kicking like it ain't no thang. I got him the exact same model. I will be angry if it doesn't last at least five years.

I own two MX Anywhere mice, an Anywhere 1, and an Anywhere 2. The Anywhere 1, I used daily on a laptop when my living situation was not great or stable. I used it for four years, then second-handed it to a cousin going off to college, two years ago. He's still using it. The MX Anywhere 2 has yet to give me a problem, even though I use a laptop far less these days.

Logitech G is a loving garbage brand that has decided that planned obsolescence is the way to make money off people who clearly can pay the extra premium for "gamer" products, while offering them objectively less-durable products.

Ask me how I know, I who have now resurrected a handful of Logitech G mice over the past month, and still have another three pairs of switches with which to keep going. I don't even loving care to deal with Logitech's customer service anymore, I can solder in some new switches and have a mouse back up and running before they can even get back to me with the initial response after RMA request, probably get the replacement mouse feet (WHICH LOGITECH DOES NOT SELL AS REPLACEMENT PARTS DESPITE HAVING AN AREA TO DO SO) before I could get a replacement unit.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 27, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I just looked them up, and new MX Anywhere mice are as expensive as something with the G branding.

I'm actually looking for a reliable portable laptop mouse, but $60 is considerably more than I'd like to spend on a secondary mouse.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Martian Manfucker posted:

Barring that, is there a similar mouse that has longer lasting switches in it for a similar price?

Razer Basilisk Ultimate. It has the same shape and is superior in every way (apart from the sniper button) to the G502 and has optical switches. Mine has been going strong for the last year and a half now. Pretty much the only trouble I've had with mine is the contacts on the dock and that just means I run it wired instead of wireless until I can be assed cleaning them.

Edit: Holy gently caress it feels super wierd praising Razer for reliability & longevity, but their stuff with optical switches have all been really decent so far from what I've seen.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 27, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My experience the last few years is that the ultra cheap $10 stuff has gotten good enough that if you're not competitively gaming you're better off with the ~Victec~ or whatever than a $60-120 Logitech MX. They're fine, they'll last about 2 years, and when they die you shrug and order a replacement (or better, just preemptively order a replacement and have it handy).

I have tried a couple cheap mice with rechargeable USB batteries and they both sucked and died young, so don't do that. One AA battery is lasting my current cheap mouse 2-3 months so that's fine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That's what I'm leaning towards. There's just a billion to choose from.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Logitech G is a loving garbage brand that has decided that planned obsolescence is the way to make money off people who clearly can pay the extra premium for "gamer" products, while offering them objectively less-durable products.

The reason the non-gaming mice last longer is that they can take all the time in the world to debounce. They also can probably run at a higher operating voltage because going to a low-power state after a very short period of inactivity and incurring 20ms of movement latency or a bit of precision loss is fine, so they don't have to stay high-power as much. On a gaming mouse you can't do either of those things, and with low voltage you need more debounce, so mechanical switches just get hosed. It's not specific to Logitech, you see this across every high-performance mouse brand targeting low latency + low power wind up with issues.

IMO mechanical switches are obsolete for gaming mice. There are multiple companies selling opticals, they work great, and it's inexcusable that the biggest brand with the most R&D money hasn't updated their product lines.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I just noticed that mouses don't come with wheel tilt anymore? When did that happen?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Part of the reason I held onto my g700 for as long as I did was it takes 1 double A. I pretty much never hold onto electronics for 9 years. Well maybe 9 years I have an order for one on November but I might have given that one as a gift. Can't wait to throw out my new mouse because the battery no longer takes an acceptable charge.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Tornhelm posted:

Razer Basilisk Ultimate. It has the same shape and is superior in every way (apart from the sniper button) to the G502 and has optical switches. Mine has been going strong for the last year and a half now. Pretty much the only trouble I've had with mine is the contacts on the dock and that just means I run it wired instead of wireless until I can be assed cleaning them.

Edit: Holy gently caress it feels super wierd praising Razer for reliability & longevity, but their stuff with optical switches have all been really decent so far from what I've seen.

I actually ordered the wired version of that since it just looks like a G502 clone. Using it the past couple days and the only thing I miss from the G502 is the infinite scrolling toggle, but other than that it feels the same.

Here's a question though: is it possible to uninstall Razer's software and keep any keybind/dpi/lighting settings I've changed? I know Logitech's gaming software would save it to the onboard memory but I hear conflicting reports about whether you keep all your settings after uninstalling with Razer.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Femur posted:

I just noticed that mouses don't come with wheel tilt anymore? When did that happen?

Has anyone other than MS & logitech has ever done tilt-wheel in a major way?

AFAIK logitech has patents for their wheel mechanisms, and every other method I've seen sucks. Main example, Razer has some models with "tilt" that's more like side-press: the buttons are side-mounted next to the wheel and all the resistance is from the buttons themselves. On their first go-around the buttons were too light and lots of people complained that they accidentally activated them. Now they have much firmer buttons on the side inputs which fixes that problem, but makes it an afterthought for stuff like gaming.

If you really like tilt-wheel that's a reason to look at logi and think about button replacement or something. Or if the reason you want tilt is for spreadsheets, the razer style might be ok. Or get a non-gaming office logi mouse for work and a gaming mouse for games.

Duck and Cover posted:

Part of the reason I held onto my g700 for as long as I did was it takes 1 double A.

I've worn out 2 4-packs of nimhs for mine!

(though part of that was because one of the packs was an ultra high capacity type, which I thought would be better for the g700 with the way it rips trough a charge. later found out that while those hold more charge at the start, they also wear out twice as fast)

e:

Martian Manfucker posted:

Here's a question though: is it possible to uninstall Razer's software and keep any keybind/dpi/lighting settings I've changed? I know Logitech's gaming software would save it to the onboard memory but I hear conflicting reports about whether you keep all your settings after uninstalling with Razer.

DPI yes
direct basic keybinds yes
macro & hypershift keybinds no
RGB no

Klyith fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 27, 2021

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I understand the effects of lower voltages on switch life, and why they'd want to run lower voltages on wireless mice is pretty self explanatory, but why is this also a problem on wired gaming mice where power management is the absolute last concern on the list?

Is it just an economies of scale thing where wireless mice are so popular these days that the wired models are just the wireless units with some parts removed?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

wolrah posted:

I understand the effects of lower voltages on switch life, and why they'd want to run lower voltages on wireless mice is pretty self explanatory, but why is this also a problem on wired gaming mice where power management is the absolute last concern on the list?

Is it just an economies of scale thing where wireless mice are so popular these days that the wired models are just the wireless units with some parts removed?

a. Their previous series of mice got criticized for poor battery life. Even on the gaming ones. Battery life isn't the last concern on gaming mice because running out while playing a game is a -1 to K:D ratio. Oh the humanity.

b. As logi & other companies keep adding more whizbangs to the mice, they're started putting actual general-purpose processor chips in them. Little bitty low-power ARM ones, but still, a real CPU. Which is made on a modern-ish silicon process, as opposed to a specialized DSP chip that's still using some old fabricators from 15 years ago. The one thing that old process tech is better at is handling more voltage with native circuits. To do it right they need to add some components between them to handle feeding more volts to the switch and less to the chip. Or to use switches that work on minuscule volts (though at some point that becomes difficult, other than optical).

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I think people in the market for a new mouse should definitely consider Nixeus or Dream Machines if you're OK with only having ~2-3 extra buttons on your mouse beyond the main ones - they're totally competitive with much more expensive mice from other brands IMO. They're like $30, don't require external software to set DPI etc (tho there is optional software if you want RGB control), use the 3600 sensor, and are generally great. Nixeus in particular offers both an ambi shape basically identical to the Sensei and an ergo shape basically identical to the Logitech MX500, both of which are two of the best shapes for mice ever IMO. The DM mouse has paracord by default if you prefer that. I'm going on ~4-5 years with my Nixeus Revel and it hasn't had any issues.

Also, for a wireless mouse I've been a fan of the Glorious Model O wireless version so far. It's like $80, so a bit cheaper with the Viper/G Pro (unless you get one of those two on a sale, in which case it's comparable), and works super well - it has all the fancy features like sensors and low latency and whatever. I like the shape a bit better than either of the other two mice (returned both after trying), and really appreciate that everything is onboard and it again doesn't require external software.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I had a double click issue with the right mouse button on my original G502 Proteus Core after 2.5 years, but my replacement Proteus Spectrum has been great for 4 years now. No complaints other than wishing it was lighter and the sniper shift button being too hard for my short thumb to reach.

My MX Master 3 has been great 2 years in.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 28, 2021

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So I was in the market for a new mouse and wanted to go wireless so I could easily switch from desktop to work laptop.

I didn't want a "gaming" mouse but wanted one that would be good for gaming. (Not sure how much of an issue that is now days honestly)

I ended up going with the razer pro click, which I didn't even know was a thing a week ago, not sure I wanted to drop 100$ on it, so grabbed an open box off Facebook for $40. (If it was used I couldn't tell).

But after using it for about a week I'm liking it a lot, I have big sausage handlers so I can't really palm grip mice, this one is probably the closest yet, (fingers still hang off the front) I normally use some hybrid of palm and fingertip grip.

I have yet to need to charge it, and the dpi settings are saved on the mouse so I could set it up on my PC and use them on my work laptop. Which was nice. (Can't install anything on work PC) Can also use the cord for an actual wired mode without using the wireless, which is nice.

It is lighter than I expected but I have not used a wireless mouse in years, it looks really nice, the rubber grips give you enough resistance without being overkill. It has a tilt scroll wheel, not seen a left or right tilt in a mouse in a while and it's really nice for spreadsheets.

The auto sleep is long enough I don't run into it very often, and it wakes up pretty quick (less than a second it seems like).

Overall I really like it, and so might be buying another when my wife steals this one, hah.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

tildes posted:

I think people in the market for a new mouse should definitely consider Nixeus or Dream Machines if you're OK with only having ~2-3 extra buttons on your mouse beyond the main ones - they're totally competitive with much more expensive mice from other brands IMO. They're like $30, don't require external software to set DPI etc (tho there is optional software if you want RGB control), use the 3600 sensor, and are generally great. Nixeus in particular offers both an ambi shape basically identical to the Sensei and an ergo shape basically identical to the Logitech MX500, both of which are two of the best shapes for mice ever IMO. The DM mouse has paracord by default if you prefer that. I'm going on ~4-5 years with my Nixeus Revel and it hasn't had any issues.

Also, for a wireless mouse I've been a fan of the Glorious Model O wireless version so far. It's like $80, so a bit cheaper with the Viper/G Pro (unless you get one of those two on a sale, in which case it's comparable), and works super well - it has all the fancy features like sensors and low latency and whatever. I like the shape a bit better than either of the other two mice (returned both after trying), and really appreciate that everything is onboard and it again doesn't require external software.

If I were going to buy a cheap wireless mouse and settle for physical switches I'd probably just get a G305. They've been $30 on sale. If I were willing to go wired, there's the Viper Mini. Sales on mice can be a big difference maker sometimes. If you really want to stick with the big "ergo" shapes some of the newer manufacturers can offer really good deals, though. I'd also add Corsair to the list, at least sometimes. Not a fan of the shapes at all but the hardware seems good.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 28, 2021

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Klyith posted:

a. Their previous series of mice got criticized for poor battery life. Even on the gaming ones. Battery life isn't the last concern on gaming mice because running out while playing a game is a -1 to K:D ratio. Oh the humanity.
That's why I was asking specifically about wired mice. When you have a mouse hard-wired to a desktop computer its power consumption is effectively irrelevant.

That said...

Klyith posted:

b. As logi & other companies keep adding more whizbangs to the mice, they're started putting actual general-purpose processor chips in them. Little bitty low-power ARM ones, but still, a real CPU. Which is made on a modern-ish silicon process, as opposed to a specialized DSP chip that's still using some old fabricators from 15 years ago. The one thing that old process tech is better at is handling more voltage with native circuits. To do it right they need to add some components between them to handle feeding more volts to the switch and less to the chip. Or to use switches that work on minuscule volts (though at some point that becomes difficult, other than optical).
...I did forget about the lower native voltages of newer processors, and while it's easy enough to add a level conversion that's one extra part on the BOM and a few more traces to route on the PCB for benefits that will generally only be seen outside of the warranty period so that makes sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My Logitech mouse has gotten the texture on the bottom worn smooth.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Are Bluetooth mice generally reliable? BT would be a bit more convenient since this would be for a laptop. I'm only asking because from my experience using BT headphones, there can be sporadic interruptions.

(otoh, dongles can have connection issues of their own)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Bluetooth has some inherent latency. It's fine for data transfers (like streaming music/video to a portable device) but it will not be as responsive with live input as 2.4ghz. If you game a lot, that's pretty important.

Come to think of it, do Bluetooth mice even exist at all? If they don't, it does make sense as to why.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Ofecks posted:

Bluetooth has some inherent latency. It's fine for data transfers (like streaming music/video to a portable device) but it will not be as responsive with live input as 2.4ghz. If you game a lot, that's pretty important.

Come to think of it, do Bluetooth mice even exist at all? If they don't, it does make sense as to why.

Yes they exist.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Bluetooth mice have generally worked fine in my experience, though there's the rare instance of a connection drop for unexplained reasons. Windows thinks it's still connected and needs Bluetooth toggled to fix it, not sure exactly where the problem is but it's probably not the mouse at fault.

Logitech has some mice with both the standard dongle and Bluetooth, if you want to hedge your bets. The Triathlon I bought a few years back has both and I used it primarily in Bluetooth mode.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Bluetooth does not have significant inherent latency. Two of the three game console families have used Bluetooth for three generations now and it works just fine. Bluetooth HID is basically just USB HID with as little modification as needed to make it fit, the capabilities are all the same including 1000Hz refresh rates.

The problem Bluetooth has is wide variability in implementation quality. The only times you can really be confident you're going to have a good experience are when each end is explicitly designed to work with the other. Anything else is a crapshoot. A lot of hardware really likes to fall back to bare minimum compatibility modes when you mix and match.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

My Aerox 3 has bluetooth and I use it to connect to my work laptop. There is a big difference when gaming as it polls 125mhz and there is noticeable delay, but for general everyday use, it's great and saves a ton of battery.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I held on to my G9X and my G500 for years and years until the cable finally went out on me.

I decided to not get another logitech mouse after the g500 died only because I hated the "Logitech G" brand logo and I felt like their software/drivers started to get horrible after the change.

I have had pretty bad luck with Razer but I've had two different steelseries mice now and have honestly had a great experience with them so far.

I've had my Rival 110 for 3 years now and I travel with it and use it pretty much everyday and I have not had a single issue with it so far.

I just got my Sensi 310 and it's nice but I keep pressing the right 'side' buttons with my right hand ring finger which is pissing me off.

I've deactivated the button but I'm having a hard time not accidentally pressing the buttons while I'm playing games or web browsing.

I think I'm just going to have to remove the buttons but I'll have to destroy a set of glide pads in order to remove the case, which is going to be a whole thing :/

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

tildes posted:

Absolutely agree 100%. You can get a great mouse for <$45 USD.
I have 3 revels and 2 revel fits, along with a DM2 comfy. All super.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The Deathadder Essential is on discount at 27usd on Amazon right now, is it worth/better than the Nixeus Revel for the price? Trying to get a cheap ambi for a friend

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

We're doing some renos and I was tarring shingles using just a piece of scrap wood as the brush. The pressure that thing put on the palm of my hand while trying to scoop up tar seems to have had some kinda lasting effect. That day my hand felt like if I was able to close it, I wouldn't be able to open it up again. Using my mouse at work doesn't bother me, but if I spend any time on my gaudy big Rival 500 my ring and pinky finger start to feel like they're going to sleep. Any hand exercises or anything I can try?

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

codo27 posted:

We're doing some renos and I was tarring shingles using just a piece of scrap wood as the brush. The pressure that thing put on the palm of my hand while trying to scoop up tar seems to have had some kinda lasting effect. That day my hand felt like if I was able to close it, I wouldn't be able to open it up again. Using my mouse at work doesn't bother me, but if I spend any time on my gaudy big Rival 500 my ring and pinky finger start to feel like they're going to sleep. Any hand exercises or anything I can try?

Dr. Levi has some popular videos for reducing hand fatigue and pain for gamers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYGfDCGrJ4A

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hi all, I’m looking for a right-handed wired gaming mouse with 2-3 thumb buttons set higher outside of where my thumb rests and with rubber sides for the thumb and ring/pinky if possible. I’d like to have a mouse wheel that also clicks left-right but not a fan of it clicking down since I sometimes scroll aggressively. Extra buttons below the scroll wheel would be ok, not a deal breaker either way.

Right now I’m using a basic Razer I got from a friend that only has the basic buttons. I do like the feel of the form factor so would ideally like that style or similar styles with a vertical curve and more ergo curved thumb area - don’t know how to describe it but I don’t like the big heavy mice with the giant thumb area, just the curved ones are nice. I have another mouse with the rubber sides I use for work. Would just like a combination of the two plus a few extra buttons. RGB would be neat but don’t care either way, especially if it dramatically raises the price.

Thanks for any help.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 4, 2021

mewse
May 2, 2006

isndl posted:

The Triathlon I bought a few years back has both and I used it primarily in Bluetooth mode.

Yeah I paired a triathlon to my work laptop via bluetooth and it works fine.

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

Chill la Chill posted:

Hi all, I’m looking for a right-handed wired gaming mouse with 2-3 thumb buttons set higher outside of where my thumb rests and with rubber sides for the thumb and ring/pinky if possible. I’d like to have a mouse wheel that also clicks left-right but not a fan of it clicking down since I sometimes scroll aggressively. Extra buttons below the scroll wheel would be ok, not a deal breaker either way.

Right now I’m using a basic Razer I got from a friend that only has the basic buttons. I do like the feel of the form factor so would ideally like that style or similar styles with a vertical curve and more ergo curved thumb area - don’t know how to describe it but I don’t like the big heavy mice with the giant thumb area, just the curved ones are nice. I have another mouse with the rubber sides I use for work. Would just like a combination of the two plus a few extra buttons. RGB would be neat but don’t care either way, especially if it dramatically raises the price.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like you want a smaller ergo mouse? The Razer Deathadder V2 Mini is only $20 on Amazon right now, no tilt wheel and matte plastic sides but they throw in some textured grip tape that may get you closer to the feel you want. Has their optical switches that everyone here likes as well. Other ideas that are a little more expensive are the Dream Machines DM4 or DM6, G-Wolves Skoll SK-S or Steelseries Rival 310 (if you really want some rubber grips and are willing to sacrifice on size).

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Looked through them and it looks like the mini is exactly what I want. No scroll wheel tilt but I think I can live with that given the extra buttons. The scroll Wheel side to side is the one thing I really like from the small Logitech mouse (along with the rubber grip) - I think it’s an M325. Really useful for browsing but I imagine it’s not a feature often seen in gaming mouse due to accidental tilt?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Chill la Chill posted:

The scroll Wheel side to side is the one thing I really like from the small Logitech mouse (along with the rubber grip) - I think it’s an M325. Really useful for browsing but I imagine it’s not a feature often seen in gaming mouse due to accidental tilt?

Other gaming mice have them, but the wheel mechanism in Logitech mice is superior to any other one I've seen. (and patented)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I bought the Razer Pro Click / Type set in February and I just wanted to come say that I love the Pro Click mouse.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Klyith posted:

Other gaming mice have them, but the wheel mechanism in Logitech mice is superior to any other one I've seen. (and patented)

I do like the wheel tilt clicker. I’m looking at the Logitech site now and I’m trying to see if there’s one that’s similar to the death adder but with the tilt. The 502 looks too large and has the flared giant thumb rest I don’t like, as well as an additional button that’s right where my finger would rest - I have a finger grip I think it’s called. I think the G403 is exactly what I would want if the scroll wheel has tilt but I can’t tell from the specs page if it does.

Another thing I was wondering but I’ve never really had a mouse with dpi settings before. How does it work against mouse sensitivity? Is it on the same axis wrt how much you move the mouse physically vs how much it moves across the screen or are they on different axes?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

A lot of people seem to be narrowing their search too much to just logitech and razer. You need to take a look at Steelseries

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

codo27 posted:

A lot of people seem to be narrowing their search too much to just logitech and razer. You need to take a look at Steelseries

Good recommendation: "Check out these steelseries models, they fit with X and Y that you want but don't have Z. Price starts at $."

Bad recommendation: "More people should buy steelseries."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

interesting design. a button that's also a functional swipe surface. no idea how customizable it was. but MS seems to have abandoned the idea. this was from the windows 8 era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSsGTzXN3iw