Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Tae posted:

Seal of Insulation:
2 Piece: Energy Recharge +20%
4 Piece: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum 75% DMG increase can be obtained in this way.

75% maximum bonus? Who the heck is running around with 300% Energy Recharge???

I guess I could try a gimmicky Bennett build with this. Presumably it's better than a 4pc Exile set...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

so the good hat i just got and rushed to max because i could, is the same as another hat i've had for a few months i guess

who even wants a crit% Wanderer piece though (ignore Amber), just Yanfei as part of 4pc cringe?

If you somehow get lucky enough for all of the other pieces to be on set, a lot of people would love a good crit rate hat.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If they ever add Delusions to this game, I hope Barbara gets harpastum bombs

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
So I finally have the spear girl with the bear, and I'm trying to make an overworld / boss rush team. Here's what I have.

Any suggestions? I'm having a serious issue with the electro boss where I can't deal enough damage to get more then one or two anemo gems per cycle, but I also want to slot in a Geo Traveler, someone with a big sword, and some fire.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

So I finally have the spear girl with the bear, and I'm trying to make an overworld / boss rush team. Here's what I have.

Any suggestions? I'm having a serious issue with the electro boss where I can't deal enough damage to get more then one or two anemo gems per cycle, but I also want to slot in a Geo Traveler, someone with a big sword, and some fire.

…you mean the revival prisms?

In that case it seems like Amber might actually be your best bet. Charged shots are going to have the lowest cooldown for applying elements that will actually drain the prisms’ gauge combined with the most actual effectiveness doing so.

Given your requests… that’s likely to be Xinyan, Geo!Lumine, Amber, and a free choice. Kaeya, probably, though I’m not much a fan of him, either.

This won’t work well against the pyrovine boss though, it wants you to bring… specifically Barbara, in your case.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There's no build that just does everything :(

Or maybe there is but I gotta get some more primo and roll some more people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

iirc xiangling can solo the electro cube's prisms. use your burst next to one and it'll go down before you can even move, then throw the bear next to one of the other two. think that's what I did last year

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

It's sort of hard to make a single team that can take on all the bosses efficiently. Some bosses only can be damaged by certain elements efficiently. For instance, the electro cube's revival gems are weak to pyro/cryo, and for instance, a level 1 Amber can easily destroy 2-3 revival gems regardless of the electro cube's level. (A level 1 Xiangling can also destroy all three if you can use her burst at the revival stage.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tae posted:

Speaking of artifacts, reminder that next patch will introduce two new sets.

Reminiscence of Shime:
2 Piece: ATK +18%.
4 Piece: When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, they lose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/ Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 50% for 10s.

Seal of Insulation:
2 Piece: Energy Recharge +20%
4 Piece: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum 75% DMG increase can be obtained in this way.

If nothing else, Shime gives us a farmable 5* +18% Atk set, which means we don't have to rely on getting Glad pieces from bosses anymore.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I get what you're saying, I'm just struggling with a lot damage wise right now, so I'm having trouble getting poo poo done. Like I can get my dailies done, but when I enter a level 35domain to farm ascension materials I've actually failed a couple of times (I brought fischl on a lightning leyline.)

Most of my weapons and character are level 40, but I'm still struggling with a lot of the bosses, domains, and hell even some of the story missions will give me trouble (I'm Adventurer 25, and had just ascended my world level,)

I don't really have any decent weapons, just The Flute, which I have on Kaeya

Right now I want to try and ascend Kaeya to 50, and sucrose to 50, and flischl to 50 because they all seem like the most likely to be end game viable, but at the same time, I want to get Xianling up. Which would be fine, but I need to do 3 trounce domains every week, and I'm getting destroyed by Storm Terror. The first fight was just with venti in a trial, but you don't get him for the later fights.

Anyways, I don't think I need just one build, I need to put together a team for each boss and what I need from each one, which requires some studying, because I don't think I can just grind past the fact that I don't have a very varied cast right now, so I need to be smart and really learn the ins and outs of what I have.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm AR 40 and attempted one trounce domain (Dvalin) one time, died, and have not yet gone back. I don't really know what their purpose is so far but I'm pretty sure you don't need to be doing yet that in any event.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Weekly trounce domain drops are required to raise talents above level 6. They're also the only recurring source of weapon billets. Their other loot is pretty good too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Skill level which increases your damage/utility of the character by a lot, 1 guaranteed 5* Gladiator/Wanderor's Troup at a high AR level, and a craftable mold for weapons (which becomes more important for inazuma)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm AR 40 and attempted one trounce domain (Dvalin) one time, died, and have not yet gone back. I don't really know what their purpose is so far but I'm pretty sure you don't need to be doing yet that in any event.

It's okay I did the exact same thing for a long time too. Luckily, there are four of them and two of them let you co-op invite people very easily. You'll unlock the other 3 from doing Razor's story quest, finishing the Archon quests in Liyue and completing both of Zhongli's character quests.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Here's a nice casual Kazuha art for good luck to peeps in a few days.

Source

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Today's challenge wasn't as bad as the Oceanid, but definitely harder than the first one. Some of the attacks are more or less instant death if you don't avoid them, but it was far less annoying than the Oceanid. Managed 5200 points and I'm going to call it at that. It's kind of hard to see what's going on sometimes due to all the special effects flying around from both friend and foe.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Linked the ZL/Venti exploit in Discord but I'll put it here for non-chatty peeps. You can get over 5k with the timer off but if this is the rate they're ramping up it'll be the last one I'm able to do. Feedback is sure going to be fun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Right now I want to try and ascend Kaeya to 50, and sucrose to 50, and flischl to 50 because they all seem like the most likely to be end game viable, but at the same time, I want to get Xianling up. Which would be fine, but I need to do 3 trounce domains every week, and I'm getting destroyed by Storm Terror. The first fight was just with venti in a trial, but you don't get him for the later fights.

The wolf boss counts for the trounce domain BP task and I personally find it a lot easier than Stormterror.

You should have a Northlander Polearm Billet if you got Xiangling from the Spiral Abyss (if you got her from a wish, you can also get a polearm billet from the souvenir shop in Liyue Harbor). Use it to make a Crescent Pike for her at the blacksmith--you'll need 50 white iron and 50 crystal ores, which shouldn't be too terrible to farm up. Especially at the part of the game where you are now, that's a really good weapon for Xiangling and will let her do a ton of straight-up physical damage.

malbogio posted:

Weekly trounce domain drops are required to raise talents above level 6. They're also the only recurring source of weapon billets. Their other loot is pretty good too.

Worth noting those talent materials don't even start dropping until I think AR 40, so for where Boba Pearl is now that part's not relevant. I assume they're just trying to get the weekly BP task done.

Kale
May 14, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

It truly sucks so loving bad. It sucks so bad that "food that makes it suck slightly less" is the reward for a fairly difficult quest and I'm HYPED to have it. I don't know what they were thinking to have it suck so bad. Even after you ascent the mountain and free the nail that caused it all, the mechanic stays the same. Like at least cut it in half or something, fuckin hell.

For me it's not so much the deep freeze mechanic on it's own it's that the game seems to throw every annoying thing at you it possibly can for some of the quests and challenges. I'm not even touching that Starglow Cavern challenge for In The Mountains again until my Diluc is at least level 60, gets a proper 4 star weapon (probably Prototype Archaic) and I get a few more levels on all my artifacts. That's the one with the 4 waves of enemies across a pool of water with icicles falling on your head and tons of opportunities to just get stunlocked into freeze and ends with 3 Cryo Abyss Mages that gives you three minutes to defeat all of the above and must be done as part of the overall quest. The game goes from fairly casual to a bit much in a hurry once you start really climbing the mountain.

My current plan is to use some combination of Fischl, Xiangling and Diluc once they're all more or less maxed out for world level 3 to try to beat it along with the best food but even then I'm not too confident. This one just feels kind of unbalanced somehow.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Kale posted:

For me it's not so much the deep freeze mechanic on it's own it's that the game seems to throw every annoying thing at you it possibly can for some of the quests and challenges. I'm not even touching that Starglow Cavern challenge for In The Mountains again until my Diluc is at least level 60, gets a proper 4 star weapon (probably Prototype Archaic) and I get a few more levels on all my artifacts. That's the one with the 4 waves of enemies across a pool of water with icicles falling on your head and tons of opportunities to just get stunlocked into freeze and ends with 3 Cryo Abyss Mages that gives you three minutes to defeat all of the above and must be done as part of the overall quest. The game goes from fairly casual to a bit much in a hurry once you start really climbing the mountain.

My current plan is to use some combination of Fischl, Xiangling and Diluc once they're all more or less maxed out for world level 3 to try to beat it along with the best food but even then I'm not too confident. This one just feels kind of unbalanced somehow.

The biggest issue with Dragonspine from a design perspective is that it released in 1.2, which was long after initial launch and the first round of players had been without actual content for a month or longer. When it dropped into the game a sizable portion of the population was effectively "done", with established teams, high levels/talents, finished artifact sets; many of the challenges on the mountain reflected this state. At the time, this was fine, because people were mostly up for a bit of challenge.

However, Dragonspine is just in the world at this point and it's been long enough that a lot of new players (like yourself) have filtered in, any of whom can hike over there and explore. Most of Dragonspine holds up well to exploration at lower world levels where you don't have everything up and running but you will occasionally run into situations like that one particular challenge which were, for better or worse, likely tuned for what passes as Genshin Endgame as opposed to very early on.

Edit:

SlimGoodbody posted:

It truly sucks so loving bad. It sucks so bad that "food that makes it suck slightly less" is the reward for a fairly difficult quest and I'm HYPED to have it. I don't know what they were thinking to have it suck so bad. Even after you ascent the mountain and free the nail that caused it all, the mechanic stays the same. Like at least cut it in half or something, fuckin hell.

Questionable Genshin Design Decisions: 1.2 launched with an event much like the summer island event going on now, which provided an event weapon much like the Dodoco Tales, but during the duration of the event this weapon had a bonus passive effect that reduced sheer cold build up, and stacked with everything else that did that! Exploring the mountain was notably easier back then because of this. Unfair, you say? Maybe you should have been playing six months ago and paying us money that entire time, replies Mihoyo.

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 27, 2021

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

But that's how open world games go. "Oh I'm getting hosed up by this monster. Maybe...I shouldn't be here yet, I'll come back after I explore some other stuff."

I guess it can be a shock to people who are new to genshin *and* haven't played games where there's places you can go but probably shouldn't yet because it's higher difficulty content than you can handle, but...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what kind of sick gently caress designed the challenge for today lmao

e: got it at 4250 not touching this again

frajaq fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 27, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I do think they need to retune dragonspine for lower difficulty because I see new people play for eula and rip to them.

They never touch liyue and they can't ascend eula cause they never see the natural power progression and game understanding to tackle dragonspine.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Boba Pearl posted:

You can do some stuff with the characters you've got right now. First, up, I would put that Prototype Rancour in Kaeya's hand, then pair him up with Fischl. Electro and Cryo cause the Superconduct effect, which reduces physical defense. The main stat on the Rancour is physical damage, which works out real nice. It would mean less damage for Kaeya's abilities, because they don't do physical damage, but your regular attacks would hit quite a bit harder against superconducted enemies. It would also help you deal damage to the Electro boss, because he always has electro on him, and throwing cryo at him always causes superconduct.

You could make a fun team with Geo Traveller, Fischl, Xiangling, and Sucrose. Summon a rock and stand on it. Then switch to your pokemon masters, deploy bird, deploy hot dog. Then switch to Sucrose and just laugh as everything explodes.

You could make a team that uses resonance buffs. Two geo characters on a team mean bonus damage when a shield is up, so put in Noelle and Geo Traveller. Two Pyro characters mean more damage all the time, so put in Xinyan and Xiangling. Noelle and Xinyan can take turns putting up the shield while you go around setting everything on fire. This would be the 'just hit things so hard that they die' team.

Them team I would make would be Kaeya, Fischl, Barbara, and Sucrose. Start out by splashing water around with Barbara. Use Sucrose to spread that around.
Summon a bird on those wet enemies to chain some electro damage. Switch to Kaeya and start picking off enemies. Use Kaeya + Barbara to freeze any annoying enemies.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tae posted:

I do think they need to retune dragonspine for lower difficulty because I see new people play for eula and rip to them.

They never touch liyue and they can't ascend eula cause they never see the natural power progression and game understanding to tackle dragonspine.

You don't need ascension mats till level 40 and isn't that like above the level of Dragonspine stuff?

err wait it might get bumped up by the wl that lets you go above 40? idk.

i don't even know what i'm trying to say I'm sure that this is a thing that has happened, it is weird Dragonspine is so open.

kater fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 27, 2021

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
After doing my dailies every day since launch, i finally got the Geo Traveler Diaries for the first time today.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Wish I had a Beidou for today's event she'd crush it.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

CJ posted:

After doing my dailies every day since launch, i finally got the Geo Traveler Diaries for the first time today.

I hope you made note of which item you gave him, as you need to do it a total of 4 times and get each of the stories. Don't be like me and keep giving him cor lapis since you didn't realize this was a branching quest with an achievement.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Space Opera posted:

I hope you made note of which item you gave him, as you need to do it a total of 4 times and get each of the stories. Don't be like me and keep giving him cor lapis since you didn't realize this was a branching quest with an achievement.

Another thing of note is that at 2-4 notes, he may choose to collect all of your notes, so you cannot use your inventory as a checklist. You will have to keep track of which branches you have done.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Apparently there's going to be a way to recycle unwanted 5-star artifacts to get different 5-star artifacts in Inazuma that I just saw something about on twitter. Was that leaked already?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes. I haven't seen any screenshots of it though so I'm still skeptical it's actually coming out next patch/won't have some kind of limitation beyond costing multiple 5* artis. It's a huge tax on arti xp, obviously it's beneficial/optional but errrgh...

This leak explains it, and claims it's in 2.0:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/o1mchl/mystic_offering_update/

If it's seriously any 3 gold artis for one of those sets, and you get to choose which set, it's honestly a huge deal. I know the url I linked only says it gives you a chance for a 5* arti but I think it's bad writing, other sites discussing the leak say you always get one and the ability to put 30 in will give you 10 golds.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 27, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was wondering today about the long-term of this game; is it going to continue like this where you get new zones and new characters and have go through the same cycle of leveling them up while having triple-crowned level 90 characters with level 90 weapons absolutely destroying new content? Are they going to raise the level cap at some point so you don't just steamroll through new stuff after figuring out the mechanics?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean did level 90 whatever’s help you that much in the islands added this patch?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kater posted:

I mean did level 90 whatever’s help you that much in the islands added this patch?

They made it quicker and easier than it was with my level 40 characters, which was my point.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

I was wondering today about the long-term of this game; is it going to continue like this where you get new zones and new characters and have go through the same cycle of leveling them up while having triple-crowned level 90 characters with level 90 weapons absolutely destroying new content? Are they going to raise the level cap at some point so you don't just steamroll through new stuff after figuring out the mechanics?

Honestly power creep is sort of inevitable in gacha games, whether through increasing the level cap or just increasing the power cap, with new characters who are just plain stronger at level 90 and fully kitted out than characters can be right now. There'll always be a new grind, stronger characters, and eventually the current best characters will seem quaint.

One thing I've seen people say is that MiHoYo won't have too much power creep with new characters because it feels terrible if your favorite character/your main gets power-crept out of relevance, but in the land of gacha, that's just an opportunity to sell players a shinier, stronger version of their favorite character.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sure, but I'm wondering how or if they'll address that down the line because things might get pretty stale if the current loop continues forever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

They made it quicker and easier than it was with my level 40 characters, which was my point.

Level 40 characters do just as much dmg with harpastum bombs as level 90s.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kater posted:

Level 40 characters do just as much dmg with harpastum bombs as level 90s.

That wasn't the only content the islands had, though. I'm not sure what you mean here.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Sure, but I'm wondering how or if they'll address that down the line because things might get pretty stale if the current loop continues forever.

My guess is it'll be like an MMO, really. Maybe they increase the level and talent rank cap some day. Some players stick around to do the long-term grind and make their characters as strong as possible, some drift away and come back for big expansions like Inazuma's release or seasonal events, things like that. Maybe they'll add new activities that you do to get artifacts or weapon upgrade materials for more variety in how you grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Raising the level cap is only a temporary fix for steamrolling new stuff; practically speaking, it's just adding more grind to the game before you hit the steamroll-everything point again.

It's much more likely that they'll add a new World Level and/or adjust the enemy levels of WL8 so that people with fully kitted out characters can effectively turn "challenge mode" off and on when they feel like it.