Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

thehandtruck posted:

good op op. this is extremely my poo poo. i use Alchemical Psychology my preferred modality at work. cool to see it in cspam. pantheist too so imo it's all science and woo woo probably AASB kinda thing.

Nice.

This thread would benefit from a delineation between TikTok witches and indigenous shamanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Strep Vote posted:

Nice.

This thread would benefit from a delineation between TikTok witches and indigenous shamanism.

lmao

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

yes I'm hearing that gas is also magic

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Oh, look at that, it's page 11/11. Please rate this thread a "5", to aid in its defense against the hostile energies currently assailing it. Blessings.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Strep Vote posted:

Nice.

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Rutibex posted:

Blessed day everyone. This is a thread for the discussion of magical things like divination with tarot cards or casting magic spells or even psionic powers! Also feel free to discuss materialist vs idealist philosophy, I'm sure there are lots of materialists in this subforum :v:

I personally have more of an interest in historical esoteric practices so I'll post a bunch of resources for that stuff, but I would encourage anyone with more info on more contemporary magical practices and communities to post about that too!

Info dump:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bedpan posted:

lmao at thinking that magic/wizardry isn't worthy of discussion while capitalism exists

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Only two more pages until... you know :spooky:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Communist Thoughts posted:

I was briefly going to become a tao sorceror to become immortal through sex but like all magic and religion you eventually run into some reactionary bullshit that ruins it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this says so much about capitalism, you're right.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
pargon pargon ulyaoth pargon bankorok redgormor pargon

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

SniperWoreConverse posted:

one thing that is super wild to me is especially christian fundamentalist death cultists who will say poo poo like "Our God is a righteous mighty god" or whatever and it boggles my mind because it implies that other gods are real and are out there doing poo poo, which seemingly is an obvious huge contradiction.

Like satan isn't the :airquote: bad god, satan's more like the left hand man compared to the holy spirit or jesus or w/e. The entire concept is that God is the only god what the gently caress are you doing

oh absolutely

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

in this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony wizard's spell, but because I am hexed by a witch

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ocean Book posted:

Spirituality is a healing, liberating, and unifying aspect of life and it’s mostly the privileged who can cast it off. That’s why you have a lot of angry male atheists who become reactionaries. A vague syncretic Witchcraft is embraced by many younger women and queer people in America, myself included, as a way of embracing spirituality that isn’t tied to the patriarchal norms of christianity. making GBS threads on that is just stupid cool guy ‘i don’t even care’ posturing.

i pray to the moon, i read tarot cards, i sing hymns, i thank god for my blessings. life is painful and hard and lonely and i don’t reject what comfort the world has offered me because it’s like cringe or something

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bedpan posted:

lmao at thinking that magic/wizardry isn't worthy of discussion while capitalism exists

lmao at thinking this at all

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

thanks for this, another wizard post. this guy knows a decent amount of thermodynamics but I'd advise Skepticism toward his Metaphysicks

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

one thing that is super wild to me is especially christian fundamentalist death cultists who will say poo poo like "Our God is a righteous mighty god" or whatever and it boggles my mind because it implies that other gods are real and are out there doing poo poo, which seemingly is an obvious huge contradiction.

Like satan isn't the :airquote: bad god, satan's more like the left hand man compared to the holy spirit or jesus or w/e. The entire concept is that God is the only god what the gently caress are you doing

tbqh the last year or so, my spiritual journey has taken me from a place of monotheism to monolatry. I believe in a supernatural world, and I also believe there are non-judeo christian things out there that don't fit neatly into categories of angel or demon.

covid and acid broke my brain big time

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

is this praxis?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

this, like, for example, everything written or said by Deepak Chopra, is the literal smoke and mirrors employed by a scam artist, low performative magic to impress the rubes

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ram dass in hell posted:

thanks for this, another wizard post. this guy knows a decent amount of thermodynamics but I'd advise Skepticism toward his Metaphysicks

you shouldn't belive what people tell you ...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ram dass in hell posted:

this, like, for example, everything written or said by Deepak Chopra, is the literal smoke and mirrors employed by a scam artist, low performative magic to impress the rubes

absolutey..

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Dongicus posted:

absolutey..

if that's what interests you about magic, I'd direct you toward something much more ethical, more straightforward, much more inclusive and accessible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8Yp4PlBek

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

magick is real but unfortunately inaccessible to everyone else because i've spent years in my garage maxxing out my collection of j/o crystals, hogging all of the mana for myself

Took till page fuckin 9 before someone spelled that drat word correctly.

Magic is real. Magick is scammers dropselling jackoff crystals from Utah. Magicka is an ancient secret only revealed to me just now by autocorrect.

I fuckin love magic, gonna go dig out pictures of wizards bound to the sides of vans through an airbrush seal.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Dongicus posted:

you shouldn't belive what people tell you ...

I’ll start with you thx

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DarkEuphoria posted:

I’ll start with you thx

Do your own research !

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Dongicus posted:

Do your own research !

Post another wizard u just posted tyson a bunch of times that only counts as one.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
jack parsons invented rocket fuel or whatever by mixing his cum with woman cum and going "ya that ratio looks good" in a thelema sex thing. magic owns sorry if ur boring and care if it's real

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Riot Bimbo posted:

tbqh the last year or so, my spiritual journey has taken me from a place of monotheism to monolatry. I believe in a supernatural world, and I also believe there are non-judeo christian things out there that don't fit neatly into categories of angel or demon.

I mean it in the context of these Christian types where it's this bizarre spiritual siege worldview

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
jack parsons got cucked by elrond hubbard who also stole his yacht

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

jack parsons got cucked by elrond hubbard who also stole his yacht

who among us, it's like sisyphus or tantalus or somethin, cucked by elrond hubbard who also stole your yacht. can you imagine.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dongicus posted:

is this praxis?

alchemy has come a long way since the 15th century, you might be able to find higher quality transmutation formula in the Journal of Organic Chemistry

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Jun 27, 2021

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Riot Bimbo posted:

Similar, but no acid for me. The plague has certainly helped me identify and clarify a number of things I'd previously only read about in books, and my experience has deepened my understanding of the unconscious.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

dangerburrd posted:

I know I’m being a bit aggro/JAQin off but seriously:

If wizards just believe in regular religion, gain no new magical abilities (everything you were already doing IS magic though), and openly cop to it being horseshit when pressed then what’s the point of becoming a wizard (“going magic?” “Become a wizard” sounds dismissive but idk what you guys wanna call it)?

Put more bluntly: surely you realize this is a lie you tell yourself to make yourself seem more interesting right? It’s like pretending to be afraid of clowns

i wont cop to it being horseshit ama

likeheres a spell: i go out to a serene area near my house. i do 2000 incremental syncronized breaths. each breath is syncronized witih my arms and legs. i visualize a circle. i follow that circle and travel along it. all the while i open my mind and allow the nonsense of my day and bs of capitalism to process so i can file it away so it bothers me less. then i visualize want i want to do with the rest of my day. ok ya i just went for a loving jog but i gave it a lot of intention. thats a loving spell. thats magic. what's with this obsession of being mad when people say they were thinking of jupiter or w/e when they were doing that ritual. lotta brain geniuses mad at nothing itt. like do people think christianity or islam isnt just dudes thinking theyr casting spells in prayer? like lmao it's just as laughable right?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

brb sitting alone in my apartment depressed unable to make meaningfuul connections with people instead of going out into the woods having orgies and dancing and eating potluck but at least im RIGHT. those rubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't believe in magic as a physical force and don't practice it but I acknowledge it as a way to organize thought and interact with the part of our brain that is obsessed with patterns. I think to fully deny magic is to deny that you are an animal, that your brain is imperfect and weird. That reality is impossible because you can only perceive the world. That you also perform many actions of faith, rituals passed down by the knowledge of someone else that make you feel safe because you were told they make you feel safe.