Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Bussamove posted:

Can always adjust your sheath position, unless it’s a stupid-huge camo.

I can't move it far enough up, down, left, right, or back to be out of the mag. If I move it forward it clips into me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Move to an empty weapon bar until the fighting starts so it looks like you yank it out of the ether whenever you're challenged.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Just unlocked the forest and man is it ever fun dashing around like crazy there for PSE bursts. It looks pretty but I haven't had the chance to explore it at a relaxed pace yet. I'm guessing that's the place to go for finding 4-star items? Before I got here I only found one pair of knuckles in all of my exploring everywhere else on the map, but now it feels like I'm getting one every couple of bursts. I'm so close to finally being able to join an UQ.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If you've finished the story for now you should have unlocked rank 2 versions of Mt. Magnus and Vanford Laboratory Ruins (you can still chose the lower level versions if you need to while teleporting), they're the same level as Resol Forest and have different drop tables (but all three areas can drop 4* Resurgir equipment).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hogama posted:

If you've finished the story for now you should have unlocked rank 2 versions of Mt. Magnus and Vanford Laboratory Ruins (you can still chose the lower level versions if you need to while teleporting), they're the same level as Resol Forest and have different drop tables (but all three areas can drop 4* Resurgir equipment).

Resol: Foursis weapons (Daggers, Rifles, Rods, and Wired Lances)
Magnus: Cattleya weapons and units (Knuckles, Machine Guns, Sword, and Wand)
Vanford: Vialto weapons and units (Launcher, Saber, Spear, and Talis)

Additionally there are Straga weapons (Launcher, Machine Guns, Rod, Saber, Sword, and Wand) and Geant units, but I think they only drop from the Gigantix foes that come out when it rains.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

You need to be 1184 to access the rank 2 areas unfortunately. Got just 20 more to go which I can probably do with another level or two.

What's the deal with the lake area? It's nice and tranquil which makes for some fun exploring, but all the level 60 tames were kinda freaking me out. Then a storm rolled in and a level 64 Gigantix spawned and sniped me from across the map. It looks like there's something in the lake but I'm guessing that's for a future mission or update.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Well, it is sitting below the giant ominous robot sky castle.

Anyway, I've finished leveling hunter and moved on to fighter. You know what that means?

New fashion.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I feel like this is a loaded question, but did anyone deal with the game not launching after the GameGuard popup does it's thing? Google tells me this was apparently a common issue with OG PSO2 a while ago, and the most common answer has been "Use PSO Tweaker" which unfortunately did not fix it.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Try a filecheck maybe? It could also be your antivirus.

Also, which version are you using? If it's the Windows Store version, you probably shouldn't.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Steam, and the only antivirus I have is whatever Windows 10 has by default.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Logged in do to dailies because what else is there to do, and ported to West Aelio to farm whatever mats the daily wanted.

I thought my game had frozen while loading, but before I could kill it in Task Manager I heard it kick back up with the sound of combat; only to find myself dead, with half a dozen people yelling at me to get out. Took me a minute to notice the Gigantix floating about nearby sniping unsuspecting players such as myself.

This is starting to feel like a real MMO now. :toot:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I feel like this is a loaded question, but did anyone deal with the game not launching after the GameGuard popup does it's thing? Google tells me this was apparently a common issue with OG PSO2 a while ago, and the most common answer has been "Use PSO Tweaker" which unfortunately did not fix it.

I had the same problem and never found a solution. In fact, it eventually wouldn’t even get to the Gameguard part. I downloaded the Windows store version and for some reason that one worked, but I have no idea why.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Why does this keep happening? I'm logging in every day but it seems the days where a SG ticket are involved it doesn't count

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Goon Skeletome has convinced me to give this a spin while I wait for interesting things to happen in Destiny. I poked around a bit and couldn't find the answers I sought (probably because I'm very stupid), so I'll ask here:

What's up with this New Genesis business? Everywhere I've seen has been talking about how the original PSO2 is still around, but I can't actually find where it's sold/accessed. Will I be able to go back and do old content, or will I get screwed out of PSO2 stuff if I make a NG character?

How close to being a TF2 Heavy can I get? Like, this is my desired gameplay:

Kith posted:

so uhhh hey is it viable for me to just get the biggest fuckin machine gun and vomit bullets at things until they don't exist anymore

like i want my gun to be as big as i am, if not bigger, with an uncontrollable fire rate and a magazine size that will run out maybe sometime next year

I did some research and it looks like I'd be aiming for Ranger with an Assault Rifle.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Kith posted:

Goon Skeletome has convinced me to give this a spin while I wait for interesting things to happen in Destiny. I poked around a bit and couldn't find the answers I sought (probably because I'm very stupid), so I'll ask here:

What's up with this New Genesis business? Everywhere I've seen has been talking about how the original PSO2 is still around, but I can't actually find where it's sold/accessed. Will I be able to go back and do old content, or will I get screwed out of PSO2 stuff if I make a NG character?

I did some research and it looks like I'd be aiming for Ranger with an Assault Rifle.

You have to progress through the NGS story far enough that they teach you how to use the Ryukar Devices (teleport towers) and then the very first option under Block Transfer is transfering to PSO2 Block. After that you can pick which game you want to log into from character select

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ardeem posted:

You have to progress through the NGS story far enough that they teach you how to use the Ryukar Devices (teleport towers) and then the very first option under Block Transfer is transfering to PSO2 Block. After that you can pick which game you want to log into from character select

Also any future characters you make can skip the intro stuff and just start right in town/pso2.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Kith posted:

If I can make Drake of the 99 Dragons in PSO2 work, you can be a TF2 Heavy. Heck steam gave out heavy's minigun as a weapon camo. Granted that camo was used for launchers.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Combat Lobster posted:

Granted that camo was used for launchers.

god damnit what the gently caress :mad:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Oh you think that's bad? Gordon's crowbar is only for loving doublesabers. :negative:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MR. J posted:

Oh you think that's bad? Gordon's crowbar is only for loving doublesabers. :negative:

No, it works on Sword, Dsaber, Katana, Soaring Blade and, funnily enough, Harmonizer.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
But not WAND the most obvious use of it!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Soaring Blade

hahaha I love the idea of dual wielding crowbars

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Kith posted:

god damnit what the gently caress :mad:

But hey there's that channelling laser attack that works so long as you have PP to spare and functionally acts pretty close to the minigun if you don't get too hung up about it shooting a blue laser instead of boolets

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yeah the launcher definitely qualifies as a heavy weapon.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The Launcher is the literal minigun equivalent in PSO2 anime sci-fi world. If you want to plant yourself on the ground and watch your PP bar deplete as you nuke everything in front of you, you go Launcher. ((Not forever though, as the downtime from using up ones PP bar and regenerating it through normal attacks is an inherent mechanic of the game.))

That said, Assault Riffle is also a lot of fun, but it's more akin to your typical run n' gun mechanics.

And there's always Twin Guns if breakdancing while you spray and pray sounds like fun.

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 28, 2021

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Maximizing BIG LASER TIME by perfectly timing it with the sticky grenade PP gain is good poo poo

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The Fleeting Flight challenge on an optimized Ranger is pretty funny looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebAUpl4rzc

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Where the hell is this guy getting +36% potency from? :psyduck:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Looks like they have equipped three Qual De Armor: Belta which give 1% ranged followed by a bunch of augments that boost it further?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
His augments are
On weapon: Pettas Soul 2, Precision III, Lab Note, Alts Secreta 2 (total +7% potency)
On armor: Pettas Soul 2, Precision III, Lab Note, Ael Domina (total +7% potency, with an extra +1% from the Qual De armor: Belta)

That brings him to a total of +31%, which is (AFAIK) the maximum possible bonus pre-gigantix. I guess the last 5% is from a food buff with only 1 meat.

The newly-added Geant armor that drops from Gigantix enemies could get him an extra 3% damage (at the cost of 60 hp lmao), and the new Gigas Precision III affix could get him 1.5% more damage and +30-40 hp if he replaced lab note / secreta with it.
e: Interestingly, he's also using a 3-star weapon with level 5 Fixa Fatale.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 28, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I really want to like this game, and I've got a pretty decent rig with 16GB ram, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980m, i7 Intel chip, and this game still just runs like rear end.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Bogus Adventure posted:

I really want to like this game, and I've got a pretty decent rig with 16GB ram, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980m, i7 Intel chip, and this game still just runs like rear end.

IMHO a laptop with a 6 year old mobile video card isn’t what I call a ‘pretty decent rig’.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Bogus Adventure posted:

If your display scaling is anything but 100% in Windows it messes with the game's rendering and causes it to render at an unnecessarily high resolution. Try changing the compatibility settings to ignore Windows display scaling (right-click, Properties, Compatibility), or setting the Windows scaling to 100%.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It doesn't seem crisp and/or sharp no matter what the settings are like. Like it's upscaling things? I don't know.

Anyways, how does the personal shop even work in NGS? It seems like nobody is playing NGS and there's nothing in the personal shop?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

jokes posted:

It doesn't seem crisp and/or sharp no matter what the settings are like. Like it's upscaling things? I don't know.

This is also due to the same rendering bug if your scaling is anything other than 100% in Windows. If your monitor is 1920x1080 and the OS display scaling is set to 150% for example, the game is rendering at 2880x1620 then downscaling it to 1080p. Since it's not a clean multiple of 1920x1080 everything ends up being blurry.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

Anyways, how does the personal shop even work in NGS? It seems like nobody is playing NGS and there's nothing in the personal shop?

There's a couple things going on here:

1) There's no way for free players to list items; only premium players can currently sell anything
2) There's not a whole lot TO sell. We're only on our second scratch ticket which means there's not a whole lot of cosmetics to list
3) The categories for some(all?) things are busted. The only way I've found to reliably search for weapons is to use their names without any filters applied

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Not only are weapon categories not working, pretty much anything 4 star is non-marketable. There's very little reason to buy a weapon from personal shops right now unless you've been having really bad luck with 3 star drops.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

CYBEReris posted:

Not only are weapon categories not working, pretty much anything 4 star is non-marketable. There's very little reason to buy a weapon from personal shops right now unless you've been having really bad luck with 3 star drops.

I'm going to hope this is a typo. There's no restrictions on selling 4 star equipment. And getting the appropriate 4 star is probably most easily done via the market, as getting your specific drop is difficult right now (though getting non specific 4stars isn't)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

mikemil828 posted:

IMHO a laptop with a 6 year old mobile video card isn’t what I call a ‘pretty decent rig’.

My other games run fine, and it's not like I have all the specs turned up to max. :shrug:

Coxswain Balls posted:

If your display scaling is anything but 100% in Windows it messes with the game's rendering and causes it to render at an unnecessarily high resolution. Try changing the compatibility settings to ignore Windows display scaling (right-click, Properties, Compatibility), or setting the Windows scaling to 100%.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

CYBEReris posted:

4 stars are definitely marketable, but the shop is bugged in really dumb and lovely way: if you partially type an item's name and hit search, items you've never seen before won't show up in the list of autocomplete options. The text search only shows exact text matches, so to look up an item you either need to use the autocomplete or to get its exact name from out of game .
If you've personally never gotten a Vialto Spear as a drop (or clicked on it in another player's shop), typing "spear" and clicking search will not show vialto in the possible options. But if you type the exact string "Vialto Spear" into the search box, you'll still get results.

As another separate even shittier bug, setting the item category to "weapons" always gets you 0 results. So you have to leave the category unset and search for exact item names only.

This has been broken since launch (or maybe even since CBT), and they haven't yet fixed it...