Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

the only republicans in the house right now with enough name recognition among fox watchers to go anywhere running for president are greene, dan crenshaw, lauren boebert, and matt gaetz, in that order.

Dan Crenshaw is definitely eyeing a presidential run

Greene is certainly crazy enough to run for the GOP nomination but i dont think she has the charisma to go the distance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The problem with Greene is that she's not in on the grift, at least not fully, so she occasionally does some really dumb poo poo that hurts both her and anyone around her. Even Trump understood the whole time that it was always about looting as much as possible, but Greene seems to actually believe the bullshit at times. Hard to see anyone trusting her not to go off-script at a bad time.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Dan Crenshaw is definitely eyeing a presidential run
lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Azathoth posted:

The problem with Greene is that she's not in on the grift, at least not fully, so she occasionally does some really dumb poo poo that hurts both her and anyone around her. Even Trump understood the whole time that it was always about looting as much as possible, but Greene seems to actually believe the bullshit at times. Hard to see anyone trusting her not to go off-script at a bad time.

MTG is someone that the Republicans could try to reel in if she gets too stupid (if they ever give a poo poo). Trump was his own free man and nobody could tell him what to do.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MTG will be Sarah Palin 2.0

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i still got a long-odds bet on boebert. shes not as performative as MTG but everything about her is this intricate lament configuration of incredibly stupid bullshit that ends with a portal opening and a bunch of pasty exurbanites dragging you down to a titty restaurant in hell where the waitstaff open carry and you get salmonella from the pork sliders, and frankly america deserves no better

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

i still got a long-odds bet on boebert. shes not as performative as MTG but everything about her is this intricate lament configuration of incredibly stupid bullshit that ends with a portal opening and a bunch of pasty exurbanites dragging you down to a titty restaurant in hell where the waitstaff open carry and you get salmonella from the pork sliders, and frankly america deserves no better

she has the same great grandparents on both her mom and dad's side

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I can’t get over the fact that Boebert is from Rifle, Colorado

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

she has the same great grandparents on both her mom and dad's side

its weird that both of the republicans new lady up and comers are children of prowrestlers. lauren boeburt being the child of shawna roberts bentz and stan lane and marjori taylor greene being the child of chyna and dave mustaine

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Excelzior posted:

MTG will be Sarah Palin 2.0

End up doing the masked singer in 10 years because her family's out of meth money?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Cotton feels more than likely than MTG or Boebert to get on the ticket but in the manner of getting 2% in the Presidential primary and then gets picked as VP for whoever wins.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
boebert strewing loaded guns all over the room, within easy reach of her children, as a backdrop for her congressional zoom calls like the Armalite Wizard was a tremendously powerful move

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DesertIslandHermit posted:

MTG is someone that the Republicans could try to reel in if she gets too stupid (if they ever give a poo poo). Trump was his own free man and nobody could tell him what to do.

They've had to do this a couple times already. She always falls in line, but not before noisily making GBS threads on herself and a bunch of her ostensible allies first. It's why I'm skeptical that anyone would pick her over someone else who understands the game and will just play ball from the start. It's not like she commands some great hold over the maga shitheads like trump does. She's largely interchangeable.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cotton feels more than likely than MTG or Boebert to get on the ticket but in the manner of getting 2% in the Presidential primary and then gets picked as VP for whoever wins.

Cotton would be an extremely stupid VP pick because Arkansas is going to go full chud regardless and doesn't even bring that many EVs to the table anyway

so yeah they might pick him since we're in the stupid timeline

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

If it's not Trump, it's going to be DeSantis

if there's a post-Trump "competent fascist" it's him

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

If it's not Trump, it's going to be DeSantis

if there's a post-Trump "competent fascist" it's him

the prospect of a desantis presidency legitimately scares me lol. like in a way trump never ever ever did

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the prospect of a desantis presidency legitimately scares me lol. like in a way trump never ever ever did
yeah, if trump doesn't run (i can't imagine he won't tho, short of a personal epiphany or a stroke) i think either we're in for president desantis making us yearn for the era when we had a fascist prez who was lazy and only attached to fascism because it benefited him personally, or we get 30 primary candidates ripping each other apart to prove they're the true heir to trump, then going down in flames to Joe 'Dyin' Biden because whoops, the cult only turns out for strong daddy himself and accepts no substitutes

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Apraxin posted:

yeah, if trump doesn't run (i can't imagine he won't tho, short of a personal epiphany or a stroke) i think either we're in for president desantis making us yearn for the era when we had a fascist prez who was lazy and only attached to fascism because it benefited him personally, or we get 30 primary candidates ripping each other apart to prove they're the true heir to trump, then going down in flames to Joe 'Dyin' Biden because whoops, the cult only turns out for strong daddy himself and accepts no substitutes

yeah, DeSantis vs Biden is a coin flip I'd probably lean toward Biden, but if its DeSantis vs Harris welp, lol

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i dont see any reason why trump wouldnt run but in that event it wouldnt be surprising if DeSantis gave trump hella kickbacks for the mar-a-lago property just to secure the endorsement

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I can’t get over the fact that Boebert is from Rifle, Colorado

everyone from there is loving bananas

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Thinking MTG is going to a higher office than the one she has is one of the worst takes on a board full of horrible takes.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump's vp is going to be mypillow guy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

trump's vp is going to be mypillow guy

There’s a lot of potential candidates but if I had to bet one today it would be Ivanka

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

paranoid randroid posted:

boebert strewing loaded guns all over the room, within easy reach of her children, as a backdrop for her congressional zoom calls like the Armalite Wizard was a tremendously powerful move
no sense of right or wrong

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, that would be a press secretary spot would be a huge power downgrade. House Reps usually move into cabinet secretary spots, which gives them a lot of latitude to implement policy. A press secretary is not viewed to have any power and is a literal mouthpiece. Are you maybe thinking of Chief of Staff?

Yeah maybe, just any position where she can still play the bully against nay-sayers. But again there's a hard requirement that she not blow up her own career before then.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

Thinking MTG is going to a higher office than the one she has is one of the worst takes on a board full of horrible takes.

lol

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
Speaking as a former texan I wish greg abbott would stop doing whatever desantis does, but like two weeks later

we need fewer republican governors with presidential aspirations because holy poo poo these states are getting wrecked

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tenderjerk posted:

Speaking as a former texan I wish greg abbott would stop doing whatever desantis does, but like two weeks later

we need fewer republican governors with presidential aspirations because holy poo poo these states are getting wrecked

Counterpoint: Florida deserves nothing but misery and pain.

I'm more ambivalent about Texas but suspect that they also deserve it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zeroisanumber posted:

Counterpoint: Florida deserves nothing but misery and pain.

I'm more ambivalent about Texas but suspect that they also deserve it.

Both states are fairly susceptible to getting poo poo housed by nature. Texas got a gut punch from a polar vortex event last Feb even.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

Both states are fairly susceptible to getting poo poo housed by nature. Texas got a gut punch from a polar vortex event last Feb even.

Which cost me $800 because my entire state is heated by natural gas and Texas' absolutely idiotic deregulated energy infrastructure caused a price spike across the whole nation.

And then after it all happened and everyone got hosed they went and changed not a single loving thing.

Screw it, Texas can chow down on misery along with Florida.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Mustached Demon posted:

Desantis and Abbot running in 2024 will only be worth it to see what they say to each other in the primary and when they eventually suck up to the winner.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Desantis and Abbot running in 2024 will only be worth it to see what they say to each other in the primary and when they eventually suck up to the winner.

It'll be as satisfying as the Ted Cruz phone banking picture that's for sure.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's going to be funny when Abbot does about as well as Tim "T-Paw" Pawlenty and drops out just as fast.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Unless everything blows up in 2023 (very possible), Dems would be idiots not to run Biden again. Long as he's breathing he's the only electable candidate they've got and incumbency status is powerful.

absolutely expecting Trump to run again but lol if he decides to not actually run but instead just does some sorta weird pseudo-campaign tour where he's doing rallies every day but not actually on the ballot while 20 idiots all attempt to secure the actual nomination. Trump wins in the write-in.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pook Good Mook posted:

in 2015 i was called a madman for being early in the recognition that a piss soaked game show host was going to become president, i am just saying,

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

Unless everything blows up in 2023 (very possible), Dems would be idiots not to run Biden again. Long as he's breathing he's the only electable candidate they've got and incumbency status is powerful.

absolutely expecting Trump to run again but lol if he decides to not actually run but instead just does some sorta weird pseudo-campaign tour where he's doing rallies every day but not actually on the ballot while 20 idiots all attempt to secure the actual nomination. Trump wins in the write-in.

it’s just going to be The Bachelor and the gop general election candidate is decided when trump announces who he’s anointing.

he’ll make it a OAN exclusive tv event night

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

It's not that MTG is too crazy to win, it's that she doesn't have the Trump Magic. iirc she won in a safe R seat where the Dem dropped out of the race.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

president don junior

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TrixRabbi posted:

It's not that MTG is too crazy to win, it's that she doesn't have the Trump Magic. iirc she won in a safe R seat where the Dem dropped out of the race.

The right love to hold her up as a counterpoint to "The Squad" but I think she's satisfied with the cash she rakes in from her current grift and doesn't want to do much more than some lazy trolling.

If she actually does run then I expect her to do the Ben Carson Special and use it as an opportunity to hawk books and build her fundraising base before dropping out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

The right love to hold her up as a counterpoint to "The Squad" but I think she's satisfied with the cash she rakes in from her current grift and doesn't want to do much more than some lazy trolling.

If she actually does run then I expect her to do the Ben Carson Special and use it as an opportunity to hawk books and build her fundraising base before dropping out.

1000%