Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Gedt fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You have to use the direct link to the image.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Im phoneposting. Imgur is a loving rear end in a top hat via mobile.
E: thank you for unfucking it for me though!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Gedt, a poor Android plebe: “help I cannot post teen witch assist me”
Me, an iOS chad: “here from the awful Imgur shortcut I give you this”

(No seriously imgur is royally hosed with hotlinking, but bacon narwhal racism is a++)

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Collateral Damage posted:

A snap election was never an option, it would have been suicide for MP and a bad deal for S.

e: Sifo currently (as of June 18) has MP at 3.5% and S at 25.8%, down from 4.4% and 28.3% respectively in 2018. They had absolutely nothing to gain from a snap election.

Yeah, extra election is not the rational choice of a regeringskåt sosse but the fact it would turbofuck L makes it worth it imo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If not a snap election, the likeliest outcome judging by numbers in Riksdagen is that Stefan returns to the post. I think such an event might just break right-wing Twitter.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

anatomi posted:

Agreed.

Also laughed at Löfven's narrative that V has aligned itself with the right-wing block. Classy guy. Working real hard to burn any remaining bridges with V.

Genuinely starting to worry he himself is the liability here. Couldn't even get his government coalition to a table for discussions, much less an agreement.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

Genuinely starting to worry he himself is the liability here. Couldn't even get his government coalition to a table for discussions, much less an agreement.

He has shown himself to be a competent negotiator in the past, but maybe he's slipping.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If his one trick is waiting followed by concessions then he's dead in the water, possibly forever. No concessions he can deliver will reign in C.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

If not a snap election, the likeliest outcome judging by numbers in Riksdagen is that Stefan returns to the post. I think such an event might just break right-wing Twitter.

Not really, that is the expectation among the right wing, that C will break to S and agree to collaborate with V.

Also

MiddleOne posted:

Annie Lööf as prime minister.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Annie Lööf as prime minister.

How would that even look in practice? S, V and possibly MP gets to pick their people and positions and she gets an uncooperative mess that will vote her out at slightest provocation or she gets her pick of positions and totally abdicates any control over budget?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

How would that even look in practice? S, V and possibly MP gets to pick their people and positions and she gets an uncooperative mess that will vote her out at slightest provocation or she gets her pick of positions and totally abdicates any control over budget?

Oh, it would look like an ungodly mess that no one else wants. Real galaxy brain stuff. For example:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Option 1 is disturbingly rational

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Threadkiller Dog posted:

Option 1 is disturbingly rational

With the "New Worker's Party" under Reinfeldt, maybe. With the "SD but more expensive suits" under Kristersson, no loving way they'd cooperate with S.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Zudgemud posted:

That sounds about right.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

With the "New Worker's Party" under Reinfeldt, maybe. With the "SD but more expensive suits" under Kristersson, no loving way they'd cooperate with S.

Yeah certainly true for posturing reasons, but they could probably agree on most pressing issues for the next 12 months.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Above all, Ulf Kristersson wants to be prime minister (to get revenge on Reinfeldt and prove that he is a big tiny man). He'll never accept less, because in his view this is what life owes to him.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it would take something very special to get a Grand Coalition to happen in the scandinavian system

the scandi social democrats and conservatives are much closer to their respective labour market organisations than the germans are. you don't get LO and NHO in the same government, it's not going to last

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

He has shown himself to be a competent negotiator in the past, but maybe he's slipping.

When exactly has Löfven been a competent negotiator? He has consistently sold out everything his party stands for, to cling onto power - and every time "the great negotiatior" has gone to the EU to negotiate about refugees, EU fees, and bailout packages he has come back with nothing or even worse deals for Sweden.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

When exactly has Löfven been a competent negotiator? He has consistently sold out everything his party stands for, to cling onto power - and every time "the great negotiatior" has gone to the EU to negotiate about refugees, EU fees, and bailout packages he has come back with nothing or even worse deals for Sweden.

If you want to drat him with faint praise, you could say that he's proven to be a better negotiator than Ulf Kristersson.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
:haw:

https://twitter.com/omnipolitik/status/1409737520636731393?s=21

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I mean the crisis highlighted the batshit insane policy they decided to die on their hill on, so I can buy that.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

lilljonas posted:

If you want to drat him with faint praise, you could say that he's proven to be a better negotiator than Ulf Kristersson.

And now Kristersson apparently gets three days to try to form a government

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hyperspace negotiations are exactly the right call. Lets see who is bluffing.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Have the opposition block commented on marknadshyror?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

Hyperspace negotiations are exactly the right call. Lets see who is bluffing.
☝️

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Feliday Melody posted:

Have the opposition block commented on marknadshyror?

SD has said they don’t want it, the rest have just avoided the subject as far as I know

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah the question is dead. Stone-dead.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Star posted:

SD has said they don’t want it, the rest have just avoided the subject as far as I know

That means jack poo poo coming from the party who was against privatization of healthcare until Svenskt Näringsliv sprinkled enough fancy dinners their way.

The issue is politically dead for now, this is true. But down the line someone will try and weasel it back in.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's the arc of our time's history. but warding it off this resolutely was a good thing, that arc itself changes - and this policy matters a great deal to real life people in the here and now. it also shows that V is a party with teeth when push comes to shove, which is extremely valuable

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

That means jack poo poo coming from the party who was against privatization of healthcare until Svenskt Näringsliv sprinkled enough fancy dinners their way.

The issue is politically dead for now, this is true. But down the line someone will try and weasel it back in.

Don't forget RUT-avdrag for home alarm systems, because of all the scary immigrant burglars :laffo:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/shitzzer/status/1409985949510029319?s=20

Every day that Hanif Bali makes a pudel is a good day in my books.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Bestickning är i svensk rätt ett brott som innebär lämnande av gåva eller löfte om gåva till person med tjänsteutövning hos företag, organisation eller myndighet, för att tillskansa sig ekonomiska eller andra fördelar.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Star posted:

Bestickning är i svensk rätt ett brott som innebär lämnande av gåva eller löfte om gåva till person med tjänsteutövning hos företag, organisation eller myndighet, för att tillskansa sig ekonomiska eller andra fördelar.

Ah det är lugnt bror, han skämtade bara. Så inget att tjafsa om (enligt högertwitter).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Police shot dead in Göteborg. A very rare occurrence in Sweden so expect a whole lot of screaming about it.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

Police shot dead in Göteborg. A very rare occurrence in Sweden so expect a whole lot of screaming about it.

And it was in Biskopsgården, so expect a whole lot of racism about it as well.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The police union tried to pitch the very reasonable narrative that maybe the police shouldn't be stretched so thinly during midnight operations, so I expect that to be drowned out before the day is over by suggestions for more privatized policing, increased surveillance and crackdowns on anyone with a darker pigmentation.

Shitflinging starts at:

BigglesSWE posted:

Swedish radio said it was the first police workplace death in 14 years.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Swedish radio said it was the first police workplace death in 14 years.

Since Malexander?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cardiac posted:

Since Malexander?

I recall some traffic accident that killed one since then. This is probably the first police murder since Malexander, unless I’m mistaken.

Kristersson is already harping on his promises of tougher action against crime. Åkesson, predictably, takes the opportunity to complain about general safety in society.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/politiker-reagerar-efter-skottlossningen-i-biskopsgarden

A cursory glance on Twitter informs me that this is the apocalypse and Löfven/Lööf themselves loaded the weapon, so all in all, very respectful restraint.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Ulf Failsson already failed (again) to form a government. Gives up (again).

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/1BgzwX/ulf-kristersson-ger-upp-forsoket-att-bilda-regering