Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Enormous lmaos all around today

cool day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Re "I'm as far left as they come"

I think the self-branding of pragmatism plays in as well. they are "as far left as they come" because they are a serious person and thus the position they have staked out is the absolute left-most limit of what could be seriously considered and so anyone further is unserious and can be written off to focus on them instead.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

the mayor of new york... is now juan guaido???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

i can't believe people would question the integrity of US elections

chairman xi should intervene for the sake of democracy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lobster shirt posted:

governor cumuo my people cry for freedom

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/nadiaoxford/status/1409929676638900236?s=20

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Keep this up and they gonna do you like they did Majorian.

I don't think they are banned?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

yellowcar posted:

if anybody can 3d print the assault rifle from Halo, there will be darks days ahead for america

I'm more worried about the pistol TBH

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Enormous lmaos all around today
lol if adams ends up losing, the meltdown will destroy this awful country

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zmej posted:

lol if adams ends up losing, the meltdown will cause a meltdown that will destroy this awful country

he did lose which is why he threw a big "i was promised mayor, fraud, votes aren't real" tantrum, but the fix is in so

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

reports are coming in that an app called "Shadow II" is behind the NY election count fuckup

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I don't think they are banned?

They took his buttons because he posted in the succ zone.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

we literally used 'they're being slightly slow (within the day of voting) releasing information, FRAUD!!!!' as excuses to just destroy entire countries but this is how one of our biggest and most powerful cities handles a simple mayor race

It's the primary actually which as we all learned in 2016 is a privately run event and the party can select any candidate they want without any voting at all.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Is Cyber Ninjas almost done with AZ by any chance

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Joementum posted:

the NYC BOE is really bad but uhhhh there was this election counting process in Florida in 2000 that was much, much worse

What was bad about that? The adorable candy swapping bff of Michelle won. Everybody loved that guy, no way there was any issue during an election!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1409925611460739076

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Endless. :downsbravo: Clap. :downsbravo: Emojis.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Is Cyber Ninjas almost done with AZ by any chance

funny you should mention that

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenAFifield/status/1409643127166541828

i think this was supposed to read as cyber ninjas are bad and will use their new knowledge of the machines to rig elections but uh wasnt the entire thing cyber ninjas was trying to prove in the first place was that elections can be rigged at all by anyone who knows how the machines work

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bill Barr loved doing weird symbolic events too
https://twitter.com/SUV_GOP/status/1291493379889680384?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
AG Garland is proud to announce that Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream will be the Official Ice Cream of the Pentagon going forward. Gooooo get 'im boys.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I think it was mentioned in this thread, but IIRC Jeni's Ice Cream literally has some sort of Epstein connections

yellowcar posted:

is there a term for prefacing that you're "as left as they come" and then dropping a dogshit opinion that's not very left at all

libs seem to love doing that a lot

It makes sense when you realize that, to these people (and frankly probably most Americans), "left as they come" just means "very strongly partisan Democrat and opposed to conservative cultural mores."

For these people, politics is essentially a cultural issue. Someone saying "I'm as far left as they come" is basically just them saying that they're a firm adherent to liberal culture.

Hell, "political science" generally uses this exact measure when trying to quantify how left-wing a politician is - they'll usually use a metric like "how frequently they vote with the rest of the Democratic Party." Being to the left is defined by how much or how little you're willing to agree with the Republicans. Any ideology outside of the bounds of partisan US politics and the bills politicians vote for is basically invisible.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

Re "I'm as far left as they come"

An annoying number of Americans define "left" as "votes Dem in general elections" and "right" as "votes GOP in general elections", so if they have never voted Republican, they are as far left as they come by definition QED

Like, it's not about ideology, it's about loyalty. They can't even process ideology being part of this. If you talk about actual policy or issues or ideology with them they think you're wasting their time and missing the point, because if you're as far left as they are you never question the orthodoxy of the left party (by which they mean the Democrats), and quibbling with them over details might mean you're not going to vote for them, which invalidates any and all arguments you might make

Bonus points if they phrase it as "I'm as liberal as they come" btw, accidentally correct

I'm as left as they come. You're welcome.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
thread giving me vivid flashbacks to my first “…uh, no, I’m actually pretty far left.” “Oh, so you must be a big Hillary fan then?” convo circa 2007

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm as left as they cum

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Excelzior posted:

I'm as left as they cum

that means you have peperoni disease

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

at this point if the ice cream thing isn't some kind of Pedo Code then Biden has a lot of explaining to do

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Some Guy TT posted:

funny you should mention that

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenAFifield/status/1409643127166541828

i think this was supposed to read as cyber ninjas are bad and will use their new knowledge of the machines to rig elections but uh wasnt the entire thing cyber ninjas was trying to prove in the first place was that elections can be rigged at all by anyone who knows how the machines work

I think the point is who the gently caress knows what they did to these machines so they gotta just throw them out and get new ones just to be safe. Nothing to do with proof of concept tampering when they could have just used one machine not in active service and not all the units the county uses in an incredibly suspicious benny hill scheme. The entire process of unilateral partisan strong arming for the gop to have a random unqualified company given unlimited access to ballots and gear with 0 oversight is really loving bad. Thankfully democrat party fights hard for us every day.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

these people are so wretched that the one thing they could find that humanizes them is that they like ice cream and even the way they enjoy it screams "rich pricks" with a fridge full of these golden flake designer gelatos or whatever

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I think the point is who the gently caress knows what they did to these machines so they gotta just throw them out and get new ones just to be safe. Nothing to do with proof of concept tampering when they could have just used one machine not in active service and not all the units the county uses in an incredibly suspicious benny hill scheme. The entire process of unilateral partisan strong arming for the gop to have a random unqualified company given unlimited access to ballots and gear with 0 oversight is really loving bad. Thankfully democrat party fights hard for us every day.

if its impossible to know whether the machines were tampered with than they were never safe to begin with this was literally the entire premise of the audit

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Jeni Xardin

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaitlinLong_/status/1410020193187909635

theres a blockchain caucus?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lmao one of the quotes in that article

quote:

“We’re going to have to establish a law between the legal and illegal regimes here,” Foster said. “There’s a significant sentiment, increasing sentiment, in Congress that if you’re participating in an anonymous crypto transaction that you’re a de-facto participant in a criminal conspiracy.”
sounds correct to me

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh my god the replies to her are just maddening, these are some of the worst shitheads online and i'm including the groypers in that

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Crypto is absolutely useless and ruinous crap but if the democrats are against it, gently caress it I'm selling my kids off for graphics cards

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I think it was mentioned in this thread, but IIRC Jeni's Ice Cream literally has some sort of Epstein connections

It makes sense when you realize that, to these people (and frankly probably most Americans), "left as they come" just means "very strongly partisan Democrat and opposed to conservative cultural mores."

For these people, politics is essentially a cultural issue. Someone saying "I'm as far left as they come" is basically just them saying that they're a firm adherent to liberal culture.

Hell, "political science" generally uses this exact measure when trying to quantify how left-wing a politician is - they'll usually use a metric like "how frequently they vote with the rest of the Democratic Party." Being to the left is defined by how much or how little you're willing to agree with the Republicans. Any ideology outside of the bounds of partisan US politics and the bills politicians vote for is basically invisible.

yeah i think it ultimately comes down to the lib penchant for moralizing and justifying their garbage opinions

just empty meaningless qualifiers like calling themselves a "progressive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Look, they're so un-racist that they only lock their cardoors when they drive through the poor section of town at night, how much more progressive do you want from them?