Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Does the New York machine not like Adams?

The most left candidate was already eliminated so I assume they don’t care enough to rig the election at this point

Adams is the Dem machine or at least the Brooklyn version.

That guy has slipped thru alot of financial scandals that got ppl like NY's Senate leader in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Doctor Jeep posted:

these people are so wretched that the one thing they could find that humanizes them is that they like ice cream and even the way they enjoy it screams "rich pricks" with a fridge full of these golden flake designer gelatos or whatever

Also they have gone so over the top with it reporting weekly Biden ice cream updates it is looking more and more like they are looking after a toddler who has been an extra good boy who gets his favorite dessert. It's just so weird and the people clapping their hands when they read it are even weirder.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

they tossed out 85,000 mail in ballots during last years primary lol. from my experience of being a nyc poll worker, im surprised elections even happen. for every site half of the assigned people show up on the day of bc the pay is now less than minimum wage since it became $15/hr. half of the ppl working a site have either done it for 20+ years and dont know how to use ipads or its their first and last time working a shift.

When I voted somone was yelling at a poll worker bc the scanner refused to work and there was like 5 ppl waiting to do it too. I wonder how many of them just junked their vote and went home

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

A person who is excited about this believes everything that human resources tells them.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Some Guy TT posted:

if its impossible to know whether the machines were tampered with than they were never safe to begin with this was literally the entire premise of the audit

??? Definitely worth the time and money to inspect every single machine to make sure cyber ninjas didn't put bitcoin miners in them. That's not the purpose of this "audit".

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

the_steve posted:

Endless. :downsbravo: Clap. :downsbravo: Emojis.

Poor Jeb! really should've been a Democrat. How is he marketing himself these days?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Eggplant Squire posted:

Also they have gone so over the top with it reporting weekly Biden ice cream updates it is looking more and more like they are looking after a toddler who has been an extra good boy who gets his favorite dessert. It's just so weird and the people clapping their hands when they read it are even weirder.

But haven't you noticed?
When Biden eats ice cream, he eats it like a friendly grandpa would. :3:

When Trump Cheeto Hitler Mussolini Bad Orange Man Drumpf eats ice cream, he does it like a stupid narcissistic toddler and grrrr I hate him so much thank goodness he's not in the white house so I can stop pretending to care about actual issues.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Every time. Lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

loquacius posted:

Re "I'm as far left as they come"

An annoying number of Americans define "left" as "votes Dem in general elections" and "right" as "votes GOP in general elections", so if they have never voted Republican, they are as far left as they come by definition QED

Like, it's not about ideology, it's about loyalty. They can't even process ideology being part of this. If you talk about actual policy or issues or ideology with them they think you're wasting their time and missing the point, because if you're as far left as they are you never question the orthodoxy of the left party (by which they mean the Democrats), and quibbling with them over details might mean you're not going to vote for them, which invalidates any and all arguments you might make

Bonus points if they phrase it as "I'm as liberal as they come" btw, accidentally correct

Just this week I've been accused of casting a vote for Trump, and Biden, by two separate people.

Because I voted for Howie.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

yellowcar posted:

yeah i think it ultimately comes down to the lib penchant for moralizing and justifying their garbage opinions

just empty meaningless qualifiers like calling themselves a "progressive"

According to Thomas Frank (he of Listen, Liberal fame), progressive was initially a term used by the right wing of the 90's Democratic Party to describe itself back in the Clinton years to distance themselves from the left wing of the party, who at the time were calling themselves populists.

It's interesting how the term has mutated since then.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Just this week I've been accused of casting a vote for Trump, and Biden, by two separate people.

You are the true moderate centrist

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

spacetoaster posted:

Jesus, I hated that poo poo so goddamn much during the primaries.

"How dare you vote for the person who actually offers a platform you support! If you don't vote Joe, that's literally giving a billion votes to Trump!"

"Don't vote for the guy you support! Vote for the guy who said you can gently caress off with what you want. Then, after we've given him the only slim piece of leverage we have and no longer have anything of value to him, we can beg and plead for him to nudge ever so slightly to the left towards the stuff your guy was already offering. I am very smart and understand how negotiating works :downs:"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

??? Definitely worth the time and money to inspect every single machine to make sure cyber ninjas didn't put bitcoin miners in them. That's not the purpose of this "audit".

it seems unlikely to me that buying new machines is more cost effective than inspecting the old ones

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if a democratic politician wanted my vote he or she would eat contaminated blue bell ice cream and get listeria. thank you.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if a blue party politician wanted my vote, they'd be poo poo outta luck

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
If a Dem wanted my vote they'd suck my diiiiiiiick

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i suppose that "america's doctor" is technically correct given the state of the healthcare system in the us

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I hate them so much

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1410220179653545986

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

same author has a chapter book for kids series about a time traveling golden retriever and, yes, that is "Escape from the Twin Towers" at the bottom center

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it would rock if the gigantic pile of money they want for EVs was redirected into actual good things like public transport or something but lol that isnt happening

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

it would rock if the gigantic pile of money they want for EVs was redirected into actual good things like public transport or something but lol that isnt happening

it's a tesla, lobster shirt, how much could it cost? ten dollars?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EmmaKinery/status/1410223308277227520?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

same author has a chapter book for kids series about a time traveling golden retriever and, yes, that is "Escape from the Twin Towers" at the bottom center

every one after the second is completely off the rails.

hero dog frees slaves, is at Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and solves hurricane Katerina

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Joementum posted:

Lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Apparently, some studies now say that large swathes of the south-east United States will be literally uninhabitable during summers within the next 15 years. I'm sure a few Tesla chargers will help.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

he is doing a great job at doing things the donor base desires, like genociding the poor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this is so loving disgusting and depressing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
broke: Bush did 9/11

woke: heckin' doggo pupper did 9/11

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

my nephew reads these lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

this is so loving disgusting and depressing

hey man you should be happy with what you can get. if it really matters to you, try calling your representative and getting ready for 2022

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

the dog is escaping from the twin towers after planting the explosives, right?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

broke: Bush did 9/11

woke: heckin' doggo pupper did 9/11

That dog was also at D-Day which leads me to believe it's a time traveling agent of chaos

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Where's Ranger Kills Hitler?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"if you stop the video right at this frame, you clearly see a fluffy tail behind the grassy knoll..."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ranger was one of the dogs that took a space a human could have used on a titanic lifeboat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not gonna lie, Quantum Leap Except A Dog would have been extremely my poo poo when I was 10.