Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

This is how you level up in Last Remnant

The Unit Battle Rank is used to calculate the applied Stat Growth compensation for each particular character. Each unit has a 2-dimensional table which maps out Enemy Battle Rank difference vs Stat Growth rate. Each unit's Stat Growth vs Battle Rank Difference table has 6 fixed mapping points at static BR difference values. The mapping covers a range of up to 50 Battle Ranks

Last Remnant was one of the first games I bought on steam and I never got beyond like 4 hours in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Fungah! posted:

3 nes is fine. its very nes rpg but it has cool ideas nd some fun stuff. 2 is pretty bad but it led directly to one of my favorite rpg series ever so actually it's good. 3 ds in particular is a bucket of dog poo poo

yeah I usually play it up until the end and then get tired of the endgame grind and just forget to finish, 3 NES up until that point is fine, very fun in places even

but 3 DS is 100% the worst in the series

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Last Remnant was one of the first games I bought on steam and I never got beyond like 4 hours in

dude's first game is all like "hit yourself, you'll like it," im pretty sure we all know what's up with him and we either like it or don't

ill bet he was the one who programed the ultima spell to suck in ff2 and no one could figure out how to fix it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BODYBUILDER: Where do you work out?
KAWAZU:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've been playing the switch version recently and kind of into it. The environments are really bland which is kind of killing the mood the longer I play.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I bought 3 DS in an airport because I was a kid and forgot to bring any other games on holiday. I had to try to play it for two weeks. It was horrible

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

still don't love the style but i'll pick it up whenever they do it as a collection, which seems inevitable. i know they're selling them individually now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

still don't love the style but i'll pick it up whenever they do it as a collection, which seems inevitable. i know they're selling them individually now.

Yeah same but at least it looks better than the previous ports and we'll have a non-hosed version of 3.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
seems fine. ill play them when they inevitably come to switch

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Check out the backdrop in VI, the Narsh buildings and what not; is that new?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's new and I don't like it, it makes it look like they're going to visit a nice cosy welcoming town lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Professor of Cats posted:

You can see buildings in the original opening on SNES but they're not lit up and there's less of them so they kinda blend into the background

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Professor of Cats posted:

you could barely make out some very tiny buildings in the original

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think they llok ugly but nt as ugly as the phone ports. at least theres a better version of 3 in english now i guess

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I've been playing the switch version recently and kind of into it. The environments are really bland which is kind of killing the mood the longer I play.

Come on. Let's kick some A.

I'm pretty sure the Last Remnant guy is directing FFXVI so that game's gonna be a trip. I still can't believe I finished TLR it's an insane game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I need to finish FF3 FC, I stopped around the point that I got a game over from walking into a ball on the world map

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

walk into deez nutz.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah same but at least it looks better than the previous ports and we'll have a non-hosed version of 3.

yeah I'll probably buy it at least for that I'm thinking

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking at it more, i think the only thing i really don't like is the choices with the character/monster sprites? they look like blurry resizes from someone who hit control and pulled the corners, sort of.

some of the wide combat backgrounds look nice and it looks like they added a corner mini-map, which will be controversial but i like. maybe i'm just trying to be optimistic since their release will coincide with my planned ear of the JRPG.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

looking at it more, i think the only thing i really don't like is the choices with the character/monster sprites? they look like blurry resizes from someone who hit control and pulled the corners, sort of.

some of the wide combat backgrounds look nice and it looks like they added a corner mini-map, which will be controversial but i like. maybe i'm just trying to be optimistic since their release will coincide with my planned ear of the JRPG.

youre in for a treat, jrpgs have great music :D

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

youre in for a treat, jrpgs have great music :D

still honing my goals but i think my plan for whenever i finish the yakuza series is:

-dragon quest 11
-original final fantasy
-shin megami tensei v (or a prior entry if 5 is bad for some reason)
-dragon quest 3 hd-2d
-either final fantasy 2 or 3
-dragon quest 5
-ff7 remake hard mode

with other stuff from my gaming backlog or new releases interspersed.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I picked up ffxii for switch in the recent sale to keep that jrpg fix going once I finish up dqxi. they don't seem too similar and I've never played any ff fingers crossed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Food Boner posted:

I picked up ffxii for switch in the recent sale to keep that jrpg fix going once I finish up dqxi. they don't seem too similar and I've never played any ff fingers crossed

ffxii is really boring op. good luck

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ffxii is a fun game with a bad main character and weird start. The intro gets you hype as gently caress and then you shapeshift into a street urchin for six hours. I love it but it isnt for everyone

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BODYBUILDER: Where do you work out?
KAWAZU:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ffxii literally plays itself for most of your play time and even the bosses in the main game go down pretty quickly to quickening chains so it's really all about the big hunts. the story is bottom tier for final fantasy IMO.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1410273827196657671?s=19

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

15 bucks...

also man t6he ui looks like poo poo lmao. wonder if they're using mp or vancian casting for 1 and 3

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’m glad garland still says he’ll knock you all down. small victories.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i hate the font and the price is definitely too high... even the bundle discount is currently $75. on the steam page i see a fast-forward icon in one of the screenshots so at least they're including basic emulator features i guess.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm definitely paying hundreds of dollars to get this on multiple platforms and giving up ~20 minutes into II.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

what is wrong with square enix lately.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

square in the 90s: here, have 7 good-to-great Final Fantasy games. And you know what, because I love you, take Mario RPG and and Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger too.

square now: pay us $100 for the old games but they're ugly now. like you. gently caress off.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

square in the 90s: here, have 7 good-to-great Final Fantasy games. And you know what, because I love you, take Mario RPG and and Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger too.

square now: pay us $100 for the old games but they're ugly now. like you. gently caress off.

check out thsi one bush, though. we had a guy work on this one bush for like 15 years and it's got the file size of an actual AAA game. it's better than a real bush at this point, honestly. the guy was trying to develop a way you could smell it through a dual shock 4 by the end. we put him in charge of the fonts now, he can't look at bushes anymore.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

what is wrong with square enix lately.

Look they made dragon quest 11 like, three years ago, and the universe is still trying to balance out that immense good karma.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Look they made dragon quest 11 like, three years ago, and the universe is still trying to balance out that immense good karma.

i'm pretty sure the dragon quest team have some kind of secret hideout where the company executives can't find them and give them the memo that they're not supposed to make video games anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

i'm pretty sure the dragon quest team have some kind of secret hideout where the company executives can't find them and give them the memo that they're not supposed to make video games anymore.

they tell him to stop but horii just announces 3 more games back at them

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

they tell him to stop but horii just announces 3 more games back at them

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

It's like a court summons. If the process server can't find you, you can't be in trouble