Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Corky Romanovsky posted:

So I clicked around that 4~6 hour vaush video, it had time stamps for various parts, and it showed him going to a webpage and looking at a graph. He took the graph creator at their word and didn't look at any of the source data, then speculated at potential abuses without evidence. Didn't seem rigorous at all.

he was pronouncing it "JinJang" until someone in the chat corrected him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Hmm yes we won't be using any western sources.

For my first source Radio Free Asia says...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

he was pronouncing it "JinJang" until someone in the chat corrected him

Not too many people use it anymore, but Vaush still measures how much horse cum he drinks in jins.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

from casual glancing at view-counts on youtube, it seems pretty clear you can get more clicks/views talking about the totally-happening uyghur genocide. we're talking millions if you are mainstream media, hundreds of thousands for serpentza or laowhoever if you are screaming about genocide-denying tankies or "propagandists".

while bayarea415's video on debunking video is like 80k, which is one of the "more viewed" ones (as far as I can tell). I don't really know or care if vaush is falling for some "leftcom" trap of opposing anything vaguely authoritative and is aiding regime change campaigns, but it's obvious for people making a living off of how many views you get, there's only one choice for the shallowest and laziest content creators

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i just don't understand how you can look at vaush let alone listen to his awful voice and not instantly disregard everything he says and close the stream

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i just don't understand how you can look at vaush let alone listen to his awful voice and not instantly disregard everything he says and close the stream

vaush is not only soy as gently caress but also extremely loving stupid. no one will ever care about anything the left to say until hot people start being the representatives; in the absence of massive funding its the only hope

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

his name makes me think of a cow

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

KaptainKrunk posted:

vaush is not only soy as gently caress but also extremely loving stupid. no one will ever care about anything the left to say until hot people start being the representatives; in the absence of massive funding its the only hope

the man would get an f on a berenstein bears book report

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

KaptainKrunk posted:

there aren’t any hot leftists unfortunately

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol. hope I win the ik contest

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

KaptainKrunk posted:

The left definitely needs to be represented by people who aren't trying to normalize CP and bestiality.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

indigi posted:

Is Hasanabi leftist to you?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

indigi posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

He seemed to appear in the popular consciousness precisely when Bernie was in the process of dying, in c-spam at least.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
larouchites... not very attractive imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is Hasanabi leftist to you?

big liberal from my limited experience

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hasan is closer to being a Eurocommunist. In other words, a liberal.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hasan is closer to being a Eurocommunist. In other words, a liberal.

It's too bad he isn't a gyrocommunist, because that would be delicious.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

It's too bad he isn't a gyrocommunist, because that would be delicious.

that's what im talkin about

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

loooooooooooool

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NarangVipin/status/1410322412101529600?s=20
https://twitter.com/planet/status/1410325280418271233?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
president xi cleanse us with nuclear fire

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1410413958805270533?s=19
:china:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/28/business/tesla-china-recall-intl-hnk/index.html

quote:

Nearly all of the vehicles that Elon Musk’s electric carmaker has built and sold in China since opening a Gigafactory in Shanghai are being recalled over concerns about the cruise control system.
After facing criticism, Tesla later apologized to “car owners,” and vowed to “carry out strict self-examination and self-correction, while cooperating with the investigation of relevant government departments.”
lol lmao. tesla having to do some Self-Criticism

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

There's genuinely no reason to build more than 100 nuclear weapons. 100 is enough to destroy a country and kill a billion+ people. More than that and you're just trying to make sure everyone on earth is dead

tbh even a single nuclear missile is more than necessary, nukes are dogshit and I wish they didn't exist

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zmej posted:

from casual glancing at view-counts on youtube, it seems pretty clear you can get more clicks/views talking about the totally-happening uyghur genocide. we're talking millions if you are mainstream media, hundreds of thousands for serpentza or laowhoever if you are screaming about genocide-denying tankies or "propagandists".

while bayarea415's video on debunking video is like 80k, which is one of the "more viewed" ones (as far as I can tell). I don't really know or care if vaush is falling for some "leftcom" trap of opposing anything vaguely authoritative and is aiding regime change campaigns, but it's obvious for people making a living off of how many views you get, there's only one choice for the shallowest and laziest content creators
you start getting shadowbanned and demonetized if you dont toe the state dept lines

rt used to be the most watched news channel by views on youtube. mueller and crew literally complained about it in one of their dumb indictments. this issue has since been rectified.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grapplejack posted:

There's genuinely no reason to build more than 100 nuclear weapons. 100 is enough to destroy a country and kill a billion+ people. More than that and you're just trying to make sure everyone on earth is dead

tbh even a single nuclear missile is more than necessary, nukes are dogshit and I wish they didn't exist

gotta get through what limited ABM shields there are. 200-300 mirv buses are probably the minimum to do a gently caress you strike against a superpower

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
plus i assume you can sabotage the delivery systems

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gotta get through what limited ABM shields there are. 200-300 mirv buses are probably the minimum to do a gently caress you strike against a superpower

IIRC ICBMs are notoriously difficult to actually stop with ABMs, so I don't think they'd actually do anything. They'd stop maybe one or two missiles and you're going to be launching your entire stock

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

indigi posted:

this is incorrect

im a literal chad

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

larouchites... not very attractive imo

big people energy will not be stopped

cannot be stopped

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

The US has low population density so you need more bombs to get em all.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Grapplejack posted:

IIRC ICBMs are notoriously difficult to actually stop with ABMs, so I don't think they'd actually do anything. They'd stop maybe one or two missiles and you're going to be launching your entire stock

The US is run by psychos convinced that it's their God given right to rule the world. Having more Nukes is probably advisable.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
A lot of it is about surviving the first strike and the PRC is still behind in its sub arsenal compared to Russia/the US.

The Russians considering their strategic depth have gotten rid of most of their silos and also went for road launchers.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

big people energy will not be stopped

cannot be stopped

i didn't want to say anything and i'd support a north american / eurasian landbridge, but there are limits to growth when your organizing principle is to be a domineering third-positionist shithead to everybody. for one, you'll only attract people who want to be bossed around by people like that

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly, a Eurasian land bridge would be pretty much the only way to have relatively convenient international travel without significant use of jets (which produce ridiculous amounts of CO2 per passenger). That said, it make life moderately more inconvenient (it would still take 2-3 days for transit)...so it will never happen even if human civilization on the verge of collapse.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

Admittedly, a Eurasian land bridge would be pretty much the only way to have relatively convenient international travel without significant use of jets (which produce ridiculous amounts of CO2 per passenger). That said, it make life moderately more inconvenient (it would still take 2-3 days for transit)...so it will never happen even if human civilization on the verge of collapse.

Bring back the zeppelins imo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It'd make more sense to use it for freight.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I imagine part of the reason why it's so supposedly intolerable to "only" travel at the speed of rail has to do with how little vacation time people have. If you only get 12 to 18 days off in a year, it feels bad to have to "expend" three to four days of that just getting to your destination and back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

It'd make more sense to use it for freight.

Not with you wanted to keep the human race going...so I admit there are arguments on both sides.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I imagine part of the reason why it's so supposedly intolerable to "only" travel at the speed of rail has to do with how little vacation time people have. If you only get 12 to 18 days off in a year, it feels bad to have to "expend" three to four days of that just getting to your destination and back

Granted, I would say if the human race wants a chance, a lot is just going to have to fundamentally change especially in the US. Granted, I would say continental travel would be much more of a rarity even if it was possible.

That said, you could have carbon free society but it would still have adjustment and compromise.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Jul 1, 2021