Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Make the what a thing?

The Kramer >> Richards pipeline.

Michael Richards played Kramer on Seinfeld. Kramer was a lovable, clumsy goof with exaggerated movements, and in 2006, Michael Richards went on a racist tirade during a bad stand up routine where he initially called out a group of "mexicans" in the audience for being "loud" and upon hearing the crowd's poor response to this rhetoric, octupled down and started shouting the n-word.

The Kramer >> Richards Pipeline is the idea that anyone who Kramers into a thread (stumbles in without reading previous posts and starts making bold assertions and basically picking fights) will ultimately Richards their way out by making bizarre and inflammatory posts until they're removed from the thread. This is reliant upon two ideas being ingrained in forums culture, Kramering into a thread, which very much is a thing people say on this forum, though I can't say I've seen it recently, and Richardsing out, or making a Richards exit, which is not a thing I've ever in my life heard of before this very day and I seriously doubt anyone understands outside of, well, Forums Poster Douche Wolf 89. This is in no small part no doubt due to the forum already having a very famous Richard in the form of Richard Lowtax Kyanka, and therefore a more reasonable conclusion to reach about a Richards Exit is that it's an exit in which one chugs Mangosteen juice, eats overpriced cookies, and beats their domestic partners and children until they're forced to sell their forum, which is, obviously, a completely different thing from the above, and that the poster supposing a Richards Exit simply has no idea how to use apostrophes.

So what is the Kramer >> Richards Pipeline, you ask? It's nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Kramer >> Richards Pipeline is so fetch

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
All of that is dumb as hell, but additionally that in no way describes a pipeline, literally or metaphorically.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's Streets Ahead

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's Streets Ahead

That community bit was always weird because we say that in nz all the time

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA2012/S00074/christchurch-s-newest-motorway-streets-ahead.htm

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/karangahape-road-upgrades-are-streets-ahead

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/manawatu-guardian/news/local-focus-creative-streets-ahead-in-palmy/RNLCGW2PDZQ224QLT4KXEG5QRU/

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If New Zealand is real how come it's not on any maps?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's on some maps so it must only be there sometimes. Like Brigadoon.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FreudianSlippers posted:

you can only come here if you aren't trying to it's like one of those little shops

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sebmojo posted:

you can only come here if you aren't trying to it's like one of those little shops

Sounds like some kinda whimsical Tom Bombadil poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's right there.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's right there.

Another bloody map the omits the glorious boot of the Principality of Taswegia.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

mostlygray posted:

I remember fully disassembling my mouse once a week and doing a detail cleaning. I had to do that because my office-mate ate his Cheetos with his mouse hand. "NEVER EAT CHEETOS WITH YOUR MOUSE HAND".

We shared the same computer as it was a high-end workstation for 3D design and rendering. There was only the one so we shared. I used a different computer for modeling, he used the other. We liked different software but needed the same workstation for rendering.

Then he'd use his right hand to eat Cheetos and use the mouse. Left hand is for Cheetos and don't touch the drat screen. Also, eat the Cheetos by shaking them in your mouth. Don't touch them. Never touch Cheetos.

Cheetos.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It would be real hard to jack off with mouse hands.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure the mouse wouldn't be too thrilled either

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I would probably just plug in a different mouse in that scenario. Don't most offices have a bunch of spares?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I worked in an office once where mice lived in our AC/heating units and peed on everything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I worked in an office once where mice lived in our AC/heating units and peed on everything.

So you worked in an office?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Breetai posted:

Another bloody map the omits the glorious boot of the Principality of Taswegia.

you have to ask real nicely to get a cartographer to show you their map of tassie

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Griefor posted:

I would probably just plug in a different mouse in that scenario. Don't most offices have a bunch of spares?

Yes. But those are covered in deliquesced citric acid, nutella, or porkrind sweepings.

Unrelated:

ladd posted:

ban me

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Aardvark! posted:

op i would like to congratulate you on your 11th straight autoban

HOMO ERECTUS posted:

Has anyone told OP about the logout button?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

re: videogame feats

JustJeff88 posted:

That might have had the highest ratio of effort to reward of any human endeavour ever.

Goblin Craft posted:

Your parents might disagree with that.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Reminder this goon bragged about literally donating to the KKK last year and before that had an insane EVE meltdown. But this Funny Forums Quote™ sheds light on the origins.

bluegoon posted:

Hi there, is there like an introduction category? Or do you just start posting?

Oh and how do you upload an avatar, I upgraded to platinum, is there another upgrade for avatar use?

Thanks.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

NOAA employee: oh hey u guys are back early

Exxon: ocean's burning

NOAA employee: what?

Exxon: *loading super soaker and getting back on ship* ocean's burning

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

I can change it from the inside *dives headfirst into a saltwater crocodiles mouth like its a slip n slide*

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Got the general context right but the thread wrong :negative:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

redgubbinz posted:

If your goal is money per bite above all else, why not just guzzle racehorse cum?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

peenworm posted:

Further, let's put it this way: Africa is like their house, and it is rich with twinkies and natural deposits of X-Boxes. What would you do if someone came into your house and stole your X-Boxes and twinkies? Or if, you know, there were certain people who had demonstrated a propensity to probably stealing your x-boxes and twinkies and were on your property, what is justifiable?

If it's just and morally clear to kill people who are stealing your poo poo then hey guess what.

12 years later:

Shame Boy posted:

i like that even though it's ostensibly about black people defending their xbox-laden metaphorical house, it's still structured to have some weird-rear end dogwhistling for no reason

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I also like the idea of naturally occurring X-Boxes that you dig out of the ground

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Me, trying to explain international relations to a class full of inner city high schoolers*
*flips around chair and sits in it backwards*
Okay homies, so let’s say some wack car is macking on your girl,

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Philippe posted:

I also like the idea of naturally occurring X-Boxes that you dig out of the ground

Only a few more years at the Xbox mines and I'm sure to get that promotion to Master Chief!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I really want to know the original context

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
You can just click through to see... it's about Somali pirates and how the rest of the world steals 3x as much value from the Somalian coast as Somali pirates steal from them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No you need archives

Unless you're talking about the pos thread, which I guess you are

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
oh I thought you didn't need archives to see stuff in the garbage dump, sorry.

The xbox metaphor post is a direct reply to this:

Alchenar posted:

It isn't just that they are poor. It's because the developed world illegally poaches their fish.

They are poor because we turn a blind eye to the illegal actions of our fishermen. We have no moral high ground to condem them here.

EDIT: You want more detail? We gently caress them for three times the amount they gently caress us.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

not caring here posted:

If anyone is considering going back in just stand out side in the freezing cold for 30 minutes at 4 in the morning wearing wildly lacking clothing and then run across some uneven ground in the dark singing stupid songs and if you hurt yourself then pay some homeless person to yell at you about how you are a piece of poo poo and then go to the doctor but leave the appointment half way through because that's the quality of medical care to expect and just drink a lot of water and eat motrin until your stomach lining bleeds and then if you ever make a mistake or someone near you makes a mistake at you current job just stand outside for 6 hours after work ends every day and then set 2 weeks pay on fire and if you still want to join then you deserve everything you get and gently caress you

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Beeped again

President Beep posted:

borg washington crossing the selfaware

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Q: How are you enjoying the wedding?

ONLY SOCIALLY APPROPRIATE A: I'm having a lovely time thank you! :sparkles:

YOUR A: I ate so much cheese I poo poo

FOLLOW UP Q: ...

YOUR A: the girls in the toilet were really mean

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

My stepdad is a machinist/welder and my mom is a kindergarten teacher and I went probably spent countless hours at their workplaces as a kid because usually school was over before their workday was and sometimes I forgot the key to the apartment.

My actual dad is a fisherman I never went to his workplace as a kid for obvious reasons (the sea is a harsh mistress).

Splicer posted:

When your mom said he was "off with his c-word mistress" that's not what she meant.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crowetron posted:

Only a few more years at the Xbox mines and I'm sure to get that promotion to Master Chief!

Funny thing is Master Chief is actually a real rank. (Rather, Master Chief Petty Officer. I think it's one of those ranks where it's about as high as you can go before you actually count as an officer and get the paperwork that goes with it)

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is Master Chief is actually a real rank. (Rather, Master Chief Petty Officer. I think it's one of those ranks where it's about as high as you can go before you actually count as an officer and get the paperwork that goes with it)

Sounds like a chump position. Like being a "Customer Service Associate II" in retail. Just a bunch more work for barely more pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You should be able to tell which thread is which before clicking on it. Now I've lost my place to that thread