Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

YOU'RE THE gently caress!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

These are supposed to be feral hogs that he somehow controls, if you'll recall.

The comic has already made it clear that animals talk to Mark. There might as well be a feral hog whisperer.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (August 6, 1994)

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

somepartsareme posted:

Every time I see an Overboard I want to post about it but don't know what to say. Imagine what someone would think if it was their first time seeing it, every day? It's low on the list of strips I dislike, but something about it just makes me mildly irritated every time I see it. It's inexplicable.

I feel the exact same way!

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Do with it what you will. Alas, I only have MSPaint at work.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Sundae posted:

Do with it what you will. Alas, I only have MSPaint at work.

Val winking or Afkim eating his own hand would be good choices too.

Classic Zits

I’m not sure why I love these laundry chute strips as much as I do, but they’re great.

Sylvia

Extortionist cats and dogs from hell, what’s not to love?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Lately it's been bugging me that almost everybody in Rex Morgan has jet black hair. IDK why I hadn't noticed it until recently.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Sylvia

i loved these fukken dogs lol

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is basically how Covid spread.

Working Daze is very professional.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix plays for keeps.

Cul De Sac is on the case!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Sarah Morgan is definitely going to give this dude his idea for his next big book! You're a hero, honey! A genius!

Far more interesting than the fact that I called it is the fact that I called it in May. Christ, even for a soap strip this is plodding.

Classic Zits

I’m not sure why I love these laundry chute strips as much as I do, but they’re great.

While I risk starting another "which way do sharps go into the silverware basket in the dishwasher" debate, I feel compelled to point out that I read somewhere that you should wash your socks inside out so as to better remove your foot funk. I don't actually follow this advice (I can't be bothered to pay any attention at all to what way my socks are when I throw them in the machine), but it's a thing I read. Take it with however much salt you deem appropriate. At the very least, feel more free from guilt if you also don't bother with pre-wash sock configuration.

"Hard love" :heysexy:

(The actual concept she's trying to convey is asinine, but it's coming out of Tiff, so it's possible it's supposed to be. Hard to tell with Team Evans.)

ETA: The Featured Comment on this for today is a poster taking the rest of the Luann Commentariat to task for being such a bunch of assholes about this whole Bets thing. She's also in the replies to her comments tearing up any dudes who dare to come at her with a "but actually." She's great. I'm not going to post the thread here, but now you know where to find it if you give a care.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 1, 2021

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, just match and fold the socks inside out and let your kid figure it out. Or better yet, dump them unmatched on their bed and declare it their job from now on.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Ah, I see, Bets is demanding and unpredictable, but Gunther's only flaw is that he's ~truly devoted~. And not a squidgy mass of Jell-O in the form of a human.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still really hate how Bets' face is drawn. Her eyes don't look like any other eyes the Evanses have drawn that I remember and it just looks out of place

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

I mean, Maybe Miss Perks is into beefy, smelly, monosyllabic men with huge genitals.

YOU DONT KNOW

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'd knock Kevin and Kell for doing the same ears growth spurt strip plotline but the guy has pregnant characters cycling every 6 months in his comics so it's not actually a surprise.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I'd knock Kevin and Kell for doing the same ears growth spurt strip plotline but the guy has pregnant characters cycling every 6 months in his comics so it's not actually a surprise.

... also, I don't think recycling a plot twice in 20 years is that horrible a crime. (But then, I post Bill Holman, so what do I know?)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Step One: remove victim from water and place them on their back, ensuring their Funny Online Animals are unobstructed, and check for breath.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Presto posted:

Ah, I see, Bets is demanding and unpredictable, but Gunther's only flaw is that he's ~truly devoted~. And not a squidgy mass of Jell-O in the form of a human.

You're right but the craziest thing is they aren't turning on Tiff and scorching her for getting mixed up in what has to be seen as a fight.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Selachian posted:

... also, I don't think recycling a plot twice in 20 years is that horrible a crime. (But then, I post Bill Holman, so what do I know?)

It's not really, it's just a weird coincidence that the comic is doing one in the modern day as we hit a similar story in the archives haha.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Julet Esqu posted:

While I risk starting another "which way do sharps go into the silverware basket in the dishwasher" debate, I feel compelled to point out that I read somewhere that you should wash your socks inside out so as to better remove your foot funk. I don't actually follow this advice (I can't be bothered to pay any attention at all to what way my socks are when I throw them in the machine), but it's a thing I read. Take it with however much salt you deem appropriate. At the very least, feel more free from guilt if you also don't bother with pre-wash sock configuration.

I didn't read the strip closely and just went by the art and thought the dad was complaining about the socks being balled up.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

The "Stacy" on the side of the truck is a shout out to cartoonist Stacy Curtis. Relevant to this thread, he took over inking for Richard Thompson on the final year of new "Cul de Sac" strips when his Parkinson's got worse.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Mister Beeg posted:

The "Stacy" on the side of the truck is a shout out to cartoonist Stacy Curtis. Relevant to this thread, he took over inking for Richard Thompson on the final year of new "Cul de Sac" strips when his Parkinson's got worse.

More proof that there is no loving God, when Thompson got taken when so many hacks are still walking.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (November 18, 1933)

Peanuts (July 4, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 31, 1938)

Out Our Way (December 7 (a date which will live in infamy...five years from now) to 9, 1936)

Toonerville Folks (October 25-27, 1917)

Dok's "No, We Didn't Skip Ahead, Why Do You Ask?" Duck (September 2, 1913)

Little Lefty (January 3-5, 1936)

Blondie From Zero (November 3-5, 1930)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Sylvia

This one's making me feel sad for all the poor feral kitties who are too scared of humans to receive offers like this. It's just too much easier to steal one that's already tame.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set is basically how Covid spread.

I thought the joke in the Dinette Set is that they're all terrible people but they seem to be behaving pretty sensibly here?

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh, so that's why people do that. I always thought it was kind of odd but it would never occur to me to get mad about it because it's just dirty laundry. Who cares?

Johnny Aztec posted:

I mean, Maybe Miss Perks is into beefy, smelly, monosyllabic men with huge genitals.

YOU DONT KNOW

I remember having this exact same though the last time this story was posted although I don't remember how it ends. I also remember thinking then as I do now that it feels like this is going to hinge on some weird French stereotype that only British people believe in.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

I thought the joke in the Dinette Set is that they're all terrible people but they seem to be behaving pretty sensibly here?
it's the way they're lying to maintain face with their friends but then immediately treating the room like a lepers been in it once the door is closed.

but lmbo at 'clown' painting that disappears between panels.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

it's the way they're lying to maintain face with their friends but then immediately treating the room like a lepers been in it once the door is closed.
It's also the idea of bringing the kid over when they know he's sick.

The Dinette Set could just ask, you know.

Working Daze is here to viGREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!

Super-Fun-Pak Comix likes to work it.

Cul De Sac has bitten off more than it can chew.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

It doesn't look to me like they're saving face, it looks like they're just trying to avoid making their guests feel bad about it. This just seems like such an odd thing to cast as snide assholish behavior now that we're on month eighteen of people openly doing the excessive disinfectant song and dance at the slightest provocation and getting mad at anyone who tells them to chill out.

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's also the idea of bringing the kid over when they know he's sick.

The text seems to imply they didn't know that the kid was sick, and are only assuming he's sick now because they know from past experience his falling asleep on the couch tends to be an accurate predictor of his getting sick.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 2, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of Dinette Set strips are just total banality

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (July 19, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (August 27, 1918)

Gay and Her Gang (August 19, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (January 20, 1936)

Mopsy (March 20, 1937)

Up Front (May 2, 1944)

Dark Laughter (March 15, 1947)

Hey, Bootsie! Some chick wants you here on the wire. When I asked who wuz callin’ she said “Just tell ‘im it’s Miss Fine Brown Frame!”

Those Were the Days (February 11, 1953)

Wee Pals (October 9, 1965)

Dogbert January 26, 1966

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Edit: oh my god, I found some Swedish strips!

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 2, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This homeowner's association joke is way too straightforward. Ideally they should first hire Leopold to do landscaping, decide to use another vendor's plan instead, and then Leopold gets revenge on them by releasing a zombie apocalypse.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "105 - Jucika And The Costume Ball"

"Jucika And The Olympics"

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Pretty sure I remember reading the solution to this one as a kid: it relies on the assumption that page one will always be on the front side of a page, so that 157 and 158 will be the opposite sides of the same page, so it's impossible to put something between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Maybe if you need your friend to speak for you to the girlfriend that scares you, you're not mature enough to have a relationship in the first place.