Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Y'all are getting weird about your "What I Would Do If I was Gen. Grant" fantasies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Safety Dance posted:

Y'all are getting weird about your "What I Would Do If I was Gen. Grant" fantasies.

If I was General Grant I would have given less jobs to my corrupt buddies so I could have had a more successful presidency.

His presidency is underrated and was unjustly maligned by Lost Causers, Redeemer Democrats and Liberal Republicans trying to crush the legacy of the Radical wing of the party, but it could have been a lot more.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Maybe focus more on hanging confederate leaders and less on lynching rando broke southerners and burning their cities because they live in one of the Bad States

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Safety Dance posted:

*President Grant

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Maybe focus more on hanging confederate leaders and less on lynching rando broke southerners and burning their cities because they live in one of the Bad States

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Should have pre-emptively forbidden statues of R.E. Lee ever being erected.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's amazing to me how many people are like "nuke/raze the entire south" while completely ignoring all the people from marginalized groups who live there. Single out and target racists and racist leaders specifically.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yeah the south is still under white supremacist occupation.

The south is great, I love being a southerner. But gently caress "The South".

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I mean, I think there's a vast gulf between "We should have gone scorched-earth in 1864 and brutally squashed any hint of sympathy for the Confederacy" and "We should launch a campaign in 2021 to raze everything south of the Mason Dixon and salt the earth."

Reconstruction and how the period between 1865 and 1890 played out is a good chunk of the reason we have to deal with this horseshit in 2021. There could have been a concerted effort to brutally suppress any type of Confederate sympathy and erase all longing for the antebellum South. Instead we got Jim Crow, Birth of a Nation, Daughters of the Confederacy, etc.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Warmachine posted:

I mean, I think there's a vast gulf between "We should have gone scorched-earth in 1864 and brutally squashed any hint of sympathy for the Confederacy" and "We should launch a campaign in 2021 to raze everything south of the Mason Dixon and salt the earth."

Reconstruction and how the period between 1865 and 1890 played out is a good chunk of the reason we have to deal with this horseshit in 2021. There could have been a concerted effort to brutally suppress any type of Confederate sympathy and erase all longing for the antebellum South. Instead we got Jim Crow, Birth of a Nation, Daughters of the Confederacy, etc.

1878 election and the republicans negotiating the end of reconstruction as a tradeoff for being awarded the presidency.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

1878 election and the republicans negotiating the end of reconstruction as a tradeoff for being awarded the presidency.

1876*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Whenever I think about stupid alternate histories like "the Nazis won, or the south won" I always think of an alternate history where Sherman finished his good works and just burned every city in the South to the ground, and how much better the world would be now.

the_steve posted:

I know it's literally zero surprise whatsoever, but it always cracks me up that their solution to stop what they perceive as fascism (people liking things that they don't like) is to be even more Super Saiyan 3 Fascist.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Jastiger’s ghost lingers over this forum, pushing ostensibly leftist goons to post insane alt right level bullshit.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you guys realize this exact same conversation happens every 6 months right?
"sherman didn't go far enough!"
"stop jerking yourself raw for death! #notallsoutherners"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh no a circular conversation with endless repetition on something awful. Oh god what do we do

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

Oh no a circular conversation with endless repetition on something awful. Oh god what do we do

Oh god what do we do. Oh no a circular conversation with endless repetition on something awful

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you guys realize we have this exact conversation very couple of months right?
"you're having this same conversation again"
"oh? are we having circular conversations again??"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Let's focus on the real issues, like the clinton-obama-kennedy-biden satanic pedo cult that's injecting our kids with gay 5G

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Let's focus on the real issues: Jason Miller is launching a brand new right wing social media site!

quote:

Trump adviser Jason Miller to launch GETTR, a 'cancel-free' social media platform
Fox News ^ | July 1, 2021 | Brooke Singman

Posted on 7/1/2021, 4:53:01 PM by McGruff

EXCLUSIVE: Former Trump senior adviser Jason Miller is launching a new social media platform on July 4 to declare "independence" from Big Tech, billing it as a "cancel-free zone" focused on free speech, with "superior technology" that he says will "be the envy" of Silicon Valley.

The platform is called "GETTR," which Miller, the CEO of the company, told Fox News evolved from the idea of "getting together."

GETTR is officially launching on Sunday, July 4 at 10:00 a.m. ET, but the platform is already in the App Stores.

Too much Google for freepers.

quote:

Alot more info at link. Sounds promising.
1 posted on 7/1/2021, 4:53:01 PM by McGruff
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: McGruff

Not to me. They are using Google captcha and other Google things. Thus you have to give your info to Google. Ain’t gonna happen. Why conservative sites continue to use Google and other lib tech services is beyond me.

2 posted on 7/1/2021, 4:58:29 PM by falcon99 (qu)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

And it doesn't work

quote:

To: AJFavish

I also was unable.

I could not receive s code in Gmail, Yahoo or even Protonmail.

This is a BIG issue.

Hey GETTR this website here is your new customers, WE CANNOT sign up.

There is a big problem here.

29 posted on 7/1/2021, 9:59:55 PM by cba123 ( Toi la nguoi My. Toi bay gio o Viet Nam)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: jasonandtheb

I just read about this today via Newsmax. I tried creating an account using my HOTMAIL e-mail account, went through all the steps required to start the account, and was told to look for an email with the verification code. No code arrived and I got an error message. I tried redoing everything later on, creating the account again, and it said that I tried too many times today to create the account. What??? Why can’t anyone on our side get it right from the get go whenever they start a new social media platform?

32 posted on 7/1/2021, 8:44:51 PM by Making_Sense [Rob W. Case]

And ultimately, it's dead-on-arrival

quote:

To: numberonepal

h/t numberonepal
!!!!!!!

BREAKING: Trump Reportedly Will NOT Join GETTR Platform Run By Former Spokesman Jason Miller

Speculation continues to mount about what platform President Trump is planning to join or launch, and when it will happen

Bloomberg reports that 45th President Donald Trump will not join GETTR, the new social media platform created by his former spokesman, Jason Miller, despite media publications suggesting the social network was created by “Team Trump”.

A senior Bloomberg reporter explains “Trump isn’t joining Jason Miller’s new social media platform,” and President Trump will not “have any financial stake or participation” in GETTR. “Apparently the ex president still has plans for a separate platform. Unclear what exactly,” she noted. GETTR was officially launched earlier today amid expectations that President Trump would himself be launching a new platform following his bans from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and virtually every big tech platform.

https://nationalfile.com/breaking-trump-reportedly-will-not-join-gettr-platform-run-by-former-spokesman-jason-miller/

144 posted on 7/1/2021, 8:50:47 PM by numberonepal

41 posted on 7/1/2021, 10:00:51 PM by bitt ( A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.)

Lol.

https://twitter.com/IanColdwater/status/1410788066252443649?s=20

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

When it shuts down in six months, I hope the headline is 'GETTR done!'.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/adgodev/status/1410667547335217169?s=21

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy gently caress I thought Voat was a shitshow. This is a three act poo poo Broadway Musical :munch:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
It's amusing how much the right demonizes Facebook yet they get their awful ideas exposed to the widest audience that way. And also that their alternative platforms are all so shoddily coded such that no major tech company would ever acquire them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The right can't code is the new the left can't meme.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

For people who aren't as brain poisoned as I am and didn't recognize who this was immediately, it's this loving guy: https://www.newsweek.com/former-trump-aide-administered-abortion-pill-1134501

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

The right can't code is the new the left can't meme.

Sure they can code, unfortunately it's always racist code words and dog whistles. N#### just ain't the same as C#.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Sure they can code, unfortunately it's always racist code words and dog whistles. N#### just ain't the same as C#.

BRB rolling out a new high-level programming language called Obongo

fake edit: the libraries will all be racial slurs, but the underlying assembly will output goatse in subtle places

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

kik2dagroin posted:

It's amusing how much the right demonizes Facebook yet they get their awful ideas exposed to the widest audience that way. And also that their alternative platforms are all so shoddily coded such that no major tech company would ever acquire them.

Yeah it's insane how important facebook has been for the spread of horrendous rightwing bullshit and how much they refuse to see that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Let the forum that does not have load-bearing slurs cast the first stone

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No see facebook is far left because you can't say the bad words outright.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Let the forum that does not have load-bearing slurs cast the first stone

Was gonna say; lotta people mocking coding slurs without knowing their history here.

Pretty sure there are some on the right that can code, but their talents are lost amidst the make-a-quick-buck grift train that serves as RW politicking.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

OAquinas posted:

Was gonna say; lotta people mocking coding slurs without knowing their history here.

Pretty sure there are some on the right that can code, but their talents are lost amidst the make-a-quick-buck grift train that serves as RW politicking.

Yep it's this. They absolutely outsourced to the lowest bidders who then hired the cheapest and worst talent who didn't know or care about security. And I guarantee that even if those coders understood or cared about security they were probably given an arbitrary launch deadline and had to cut corners to get it out the door by then.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

OAquinas posted:

I highly doubt that GRIFTR was running political purity tests on whoever they outsourced the coding to.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Not explicitly, but I'm sure there was a "I have a friend/relative who does computars, lemme give you his number" aspect going on. So no litmus per se, but self-selecting.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I found a musician who is probably a Freeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdwuSEwgrAM

Those lyrics holy moly

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I miss the halcyon days of Obama's early term when one of the freepers would always spell out Obama as "0Bbaaaama 0Baaaamashit". Like, it would always be like that in a sentence. I never understood the tic. But it was purestrain freep.

They're probably dead now.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I wonder what was happening in the gay community 30 years ago that might have made people think this? Oh well, I'm sure it was nothing.

AIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

I found a musician who is probably a Freeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdwuSEwgrAM

Those lyrics holy moly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOBvGzurxA

the original

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I miss the halcyon days of Obama's early term when one of the freepers would always spell out Obama as "0Bbaaaama 0Baaaamashit". Like, it would always be like that in a sentence. I never understood the tic. But it was purestrain freep.

They're probably dead now.

Obi-Wan Nairobi

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 5, 2021