Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a grand old flag, a high flyin- I don't know this, I DO NOT KNOW THIS ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Ajaxify posted:

I think we need to try a piece of human flesh. Just to make sure.

You want monkey?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Oh GODDAMNIT! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE OLD! SEIZE THE GAP, YOU OLD FAT BITCH.
YOU FAT BITCH!

I'm going to show up to work and everyone will be like "Why is there blood all over you?"
BECAUSE I HAD TO SLIT THE GUY'S THROAT WHO CAUSES ALL THE TRAFFIC!

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 2, 2021

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Fast Luck posted:

so Mythic Quest just gradually started transforming into Always Sunny huh

i noticed this too and i'm not mad about it. i think MQ has been pretty consistently good but it's getting better the more they add Sunny influence.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah just watched the MQ episode where HR needs them all to sign a simple form and every person has some insane reason why they can’t sign it and that’s the whole episode, literally could not be any more of a Sunny ep. they all talk in Sunny cadence now too with the godDAMMIT and so on.

I do think it’s for the better too even if some of it feels a little too well trod. But when I saw it was by Mac, Charlie, and Megan Ganz and then it started off as a generic workplace comedy with Abed as le epic Ron Swanson I was kind of disappointed so definitely preferring the new course.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Frank.... I... I need some water.... My mouth is... dry...

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I forgot about Obamaaaa!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*frank's gargling noise*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also reminder,

isaboo posted:

someone make a SHUT UP BIRD smilie

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah just watched the MQ episode where HR needs them all to sign a simple form and every person has some insane reason why they can’t sign it and that’s the whole episode, literally could not be any more of a Sunny ep. they all talk in Sunny cadence now too with the godDAMMIT and so on.

I do think it’s for the better too even if some of it feels a little too well trod. But when I saw it was by Mac, Charlie, and Megan Ganz and then it started off as a generic workplace comedy with Abed as le epic Ron Swanson I was kind of disappointed so definitely preferring the new course.

It's pretty cool that after all the bullshit Ganz dealt with Harmon and Community early on in her career she's went on to doing good poo poo with the Sunny crew.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It's a grand old flag, a high flyin- I don't know this, I DO NOT KNOW THIS ONE

WELCOME. TO THE FUTURE OF PATRIOTISM

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
See, this is what I'm talking about. Illiteracy? What does that word even mean?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Cat in the wall ay? Okay, now you're talking my language.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Heavy_D posted:

See, this is what I'm talking about. Illiteracy? What does that word even mean?

I can see that now, but you can't really read it from the inside

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hello everybody, I am Frank's brother!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dennis is a bastardman!

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I've got a guy for that

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Holy smokes! You could cut glass with these bad boys.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
How do you catch a cricket?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Sir, the man will pay full price for the French press, or I however, will be willing to barter with you for a very long time.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Yeah, a lot of people bugging their babies these days because babies can't be trusted.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
...and I'll count how much gas is going into the car.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Smoke some cigarettes, the smoke will suffocate the bacteria in your stomach.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Oh poo poo, dude. Do you see that door right there? The one marked Pirate?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Right... we could smear the walls with their blood, guys... There are any number of twisted scenarios that could play out here. But the easiest thing, really, is to just go get the deed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Smoke some cigarettes, the smoke will suffocate the bacteria in your stomach.
When do y'all figure the power dynamic shifted between Mac and Dennis?

He hoes from not being allowed to eat the skins of apples to ordering Mac not to sit down.

I get that it's just writers going with whatever dynamic is funniest, but like,in the fiction, what do you figure caused that?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

He hoes from not being allowed to eat the skins of apples to ordering Mac not to sit down.

I get that it's just writers going with whatever dynamic is funniest, but like,in the fiction, what do you figure caused that?

I forgot that scene and looking it up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drr8e0BjT8M
I still get the impression it's a power-play of Dennis' over Mac, and now by extension, over Dee. It's sort of framed like "he's not allowed" but he's the one declaring and insisting on it, essentially making it has command at someone else's whipped behest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think in general, whoever is the main character at the time is the person who is the smartest of the group. But I also think Dennis has been using his socipathic powers to increase Mac's insecurities and make him more subservient.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I forgot that scene and looking it up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drr8e0BjT8M
I still get the impression it's a power-play of Dennis' over Mac, and now by extension, over Dee. It's sort of framed like "he's not allowed" but he's the one declaring and insisting on it, essentially making it has command at someone else's whipped behest.

I love how Glenn nearly breaks here at the end.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

I think in general, whoever is the main character at the time is the person who is the smartest of the group. But I also think Dennis has been using his socipathic powers to increase Mac's insecurities and make him more subservient.
This is what I figured too. Once he started a cult just so Mac wouldn't eat his snacks, I kinda' just extrapolated from that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LividLiquid posted:

Maybe Mac is a Dom in the sheets* and a Sub in the streets.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 11, 2021

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe Mac is a Dom in the sheets* and a Sub in the streets.

The bottom provides most of the power.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

It's very difficult to maintain the lifestyle of a Twank Versatile, cause this often leads to a lot self hatred and denial, especially among the religious or political types, so they try and realign their sexual orientation through therapy

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

You may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. I may never know for sure. But what I do know is, you’re in the wrong basement.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I don't mind it, but I have noticed rewatching the show recently how all five characters take turns being the straight man and even use the same style of speech patterns. Like a lot of episodes with Mac as the straight man feel like the lines could be swapped to Dennis and would still sound right etc.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I hope they hogtie you and I hope they rape you, in their basement, for ten years.

Ajaxify posted:

I got this giant gaping hole inside me. And, I'm always trying to fill it... with somethin'.

I like to call it my God-hole. And I think a lot of people in this world, they fill it with religion, but I don't believe in God.

So you want to fill it with pussy?

Yeah.

:discourse:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
After thinking about it a bit more, it seems like there is often only one person's worth of intelligence for the entire group. There are times when both Mac and Dennis need to be somewhat intelligent, so that saps any intelligence for Charlie to use, so he becomes a blithering idiot, like in the gas crisis episode. But then in the Charlie work episode, he needs to be smart, so he takes up the intelligence for the group to know about the health code regulations, and what note the CO detector needs to be when tested. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to do some moronic chicken feather/steak scam.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Maybe it's just down to who's been huffing the most glue/paint/solvents/etc that particular week

It's usually Charlie

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

After thinking about it a bit more, it seems like there is often only one person's worth of intelligence for the entire group. There are times when both Mac and Dennis need to be somewhat intelligent, so that saps any intelligence for Charlie to use, so he becomes a blithering idiot, like in the gas crisis episode. But then in the Charlie work episode, he needs to be smart, so he takes up the intelligence for the group to know about the health code regulations, and what note the CO detector needs to be when tested. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to do some moronic chicken feather/steak scam.

Alright alright alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Mac and the stupid bird bitch were at the UFC in Vegas last night. Mac gave an ocular patdown to all the fighters