Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JT Smiley posted:

Miro was heavily involved in the creation of his new theme.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410706177999216643?s=20
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1411140067599421451?s=20

as per Rukus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big fan of releasing EPs that are just 5 different remixes of the same song.

Also I'm not being sarcastic I really love remixes.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 3, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Passive income on those streaming plays I guess

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is gonna be six stars and i'm going to scream and sob when Penta and Eddie lose

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Guerilla Warfare!!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Deathlove posted:

Guerilla Warfare!!!!!!

Ain't nobody realer than Guerilla.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Gumball Gumption posted:

That reasoning from Dave is a good example of how silly and subjective the star ratings are. Knocked off half a star because the match is the midpoint in a story.

I agree. People put too much stock into his ratings

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

WWE doesn't pop for weed anymore and even when they did, nobody took it seriously, they just called it the smoke tax.

Ah drat really? I saw that they have a $2500 fine for every time someone pisses hot.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

uhh

this means that there's no DQ, right

which means the elite hunter will be roaming

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Kunabomber posted:

uhh

this means that there's no DQ, right

which means the elite hunter will be roaming

Yeah this is incredibly loving intriguing, I don't think there's any way the Bucks drop the belts yet but this feels like they're going to start setting the stage for the endgame, not just for the Bucks but possibly for the Elite writ large and I am very excited for it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Yeah this is incredibly loving intriguing, I don't think there's any way the Bucks drop the belts yet but this feels like they're going to start setting the stage for the endgame, not just for the Bucks but possibly for the Elite writ large and I am very excited for it.

Imagine they do the "parade of returns" with Mox, PAC, and Fenix backing up Kaz against Kenny and the Good Brothers.

Part of me thinks "Don't do Blood and Guts again so soon" but another part of me thinks "if the feud calls for it, why the gently caress not?"

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 3, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

are you just making that up from your head

kind of, it really seems to be leaning on the really funny fact that Mox apparently didn't tell the office he wanted the Major League version of Wild Thing, so the office got the original first before Mox had to go and correct them.

MassRafTer posted:

Big fan of releasing EPs that are just 5 different remixes of the same song.

Also I'm not being sarcastic I really love remixes.

Yeah, remix EPs are a good time. I'm was not the biggest fan in the era of CDs and physical media, but now that they can be sort of filtered into playlists, having multiple flavors of the same song is a good time all around.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Eddie and Penta should loving win

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Eddie and Penta wining would be interesting and I don't think I would hate it. But I don't think they should beat the Young Bucks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

smarxist posted:

:emptyquote:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

Eddie and Penta wining would be interesting and I don't think I would hate it. But I don't think they should beat the Young Bucks.

beating them with interference from a bunch of people the elite have burned would make sense tbh and finally get some forward momentum in the tag title storyline

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like the south carolina studs (forgot their team name and individual names) but think if they're going to win the tag team championships it shouldn't be directly from the bucks. too obvious and there are too many good teams. would be cool to do a surprise switch and not the lame "champions lose non-title then win the title match" thing that is objectively not a great thing to be doing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

No they shouldn't. Any combination of Death Triangle winning would be good, Mox/Kingston would be good, but Kingston and HIS BEST FRIEND ain't the right pair.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not saying i think they are the next team to win the belts. every one is a heel. But that could easily be changed here in The Aew as bret hart would say. he always called it The WCW. That's what i'm referring to

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
penta should win the tag titles with alex abrahantes

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Eddie and Penta winning would be excellent but too soon I think. The Elite still has the numbers game vis-a-vis fuckery and I think that's what galvanizes the locker room to really start uniting against the Elite. Eddie gets a St. Crispin's Day promo, Dark Order are the first ones in since they're the counter for Hangman's win, the Elite crumble and everyone is very satisfied. It's still months away but Eddie and Penta getting hosed is where act three begins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

not saying i think they are the next team to win the belts. every one is a heel. But that could easily be changed here in The Aew as bret hart would say. he always called it The WCW. That's what i'm referring to

If Bret Hart is in the thread reading cavauro's post about him, happy birthday Bret.

Anyway, the team to beat the Young Bucks should be either Lucha Bros or Uno and Grayson and I lean heavily towards Uno and Grayson.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Not babyface Santana and Ortiz?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, this is the obvious choice at the New York show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Ehhhhhh. I almost included them, but they're a fairly distant third behind Lucha Bros because the dynamic there would be similar, but the Lucha Bros version of it has more history and is more compelling.

I think Proud and Powerful should lose to FTR, who then goes on to beat the babyface team that beats the Bucks, then PnP comes back and beats FTR.

I could be wrong on this? I think they could probably heat up PnP vs. the Bucks very quickly, there is some history there and it seems like Santana just cannot loving miss with the promos, so.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pnp reminds me of poussy and penis. these terms being used are anatomical. a branch of biology; science. I think they deserve to be champs, certainly. not sure about when

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
eddie guererro and the pentasus kid

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

Eddie and Penta winning would be excellent but too soon I think. The Elite still has the numbers game vis-a-vis fuckery and I think that's what galvanizes the locker room to really start uniting against the Elite. Eddie gets a St. Crispin's Day promo, Dark Order are the first ones in since they're the counter for Hangman's win, the Elite crumble and everyone is very satisfied. It's still months away but Eddie and Penta getting hosed is where act three begins.

Who knows if it’ll actually go down this way, but I remember this old Nitro ending with this massive schmozz where the nWo is trying to interfere in a match but the locker room just keeps countering with more and more baby faces and whatever it was ended up ultimately finished clean (maybe a Flair/Hogan match before Flair became President of WCW) and that’s what I’m expecting for when Kenny loses the belt, to the point where The HFO is loosely aligned with the Elite as well and are part of the heel side of it and the Dark Order, Kaz, Death Triangle, Eddie and Mox on the other

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's too bad The Elite don't have a believable midcard threat and a woman in the stable, because gathering all the belts in the company would be a great last straw moment for the whole roster to come at them. Like once you piss off Miro too, all bets are off.

Mind you, I wouldn't take the TNT belt from Miro for long. Just enough for him to redeem The Elite for their transgressions against God.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MJeff posted:

Ehhhhhh. I almost included them, but they're a fairly distant third behind Lucha Bros because the dynamic there would be similar, but the Lucha Bros version of it has more history and is more compelling.

I think Proud and Powerful should lose to FTR, who then goes on to beat the babyface team that beats the Bucks, then PnP comes back and beats FTR.

I could be wrong on this? I think they could probably heat up PnP vs. the Bucks very quickly, there is some history there and it seems like Santana just cannot loving miss with the promos, so.

My thought is the other way around. PnP beat the Bucks in New York (and drop them to FTR eventually) while the Bucks go on to do mask vs hair with the Lucha Bros. Either way works though

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

It's too bad The Elite don't have a believable midcard threat and a woman in the stable, because gathering all the belts in the company would be a great last straw moment for the whole roster to come at them. Like once you piss off Miro too, all bets are off.

Cody could re-involve himself in The Elite but stick to his stip of not challenging for the World title.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

just struck me as especially funny that brother bully ray deadly has such a hate boner for aew considering its the only major promotion where tag teams and the tag titles mean a drat and are actually treated as important as other titles

like who the hell is invested in any new japan or wwe tag team feuds or matches

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Mind you, I wouldn't take the TNT belt from Miro for long. Just enough for him to redeem The Elite for their transgressions against God.

They bond over their love of Jesus. All good Christian boys

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny is the Best Bout Machine, the Bucks are the Greatest Tag Team of All Time, Cody is Your Favorite Midcarder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just really like the idea of the Lucha Bros trying to get the the belts off the Bucks in all these different combinations, but then they reunite with each other and it's revisiting this foundational AEW feud, Lucha Bros. vs. The Young Bucks.

I'm talking myself out of Uno and Grayson (which I just like because I really the idea of Uno, Grayson and Hangman all scoring gold and breaking the Elite on the same night) because now I wanna see Escalera de le Muerte 2.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I think I'd like to see the Bucks drop the belts before Kenny does. I want the pressure of being the only Elite member with gold to be part of his descent into madness

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eddie/Penta feels too makeshift for me to want them to beat The Bucks. I love Eddie and want him to be a champion, but I dunno. With Mox, sure. Maybe a TNT Title run down the road. But this just feels too quick for me.

Also holding out hope that PNP get a shot at the next PPV for the massive pop and feel good moment when they finally win the belts.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still think you do PnP/Bucks for the titles at Queens but I think Eddie/Penta having a short 1 month reign and losing to FTR and doing FTR/PnP for the titles in Queens would also work too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would anybody like to hear larry zbyszko say "kenny omega, the best POUT machine," been thinking about buying a cameo. you could buy it instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think FTR vs. PnP is being built for All Out as a de-facto #1 contender's match.