Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Babies should have dumb names, babies are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

The great thing is this is also true of adults so no need for them to change the names as they get older.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

as it turns out liberty has been in the top 1k baby names every year for the last two decades so it's a lot more common than i thought

I can't believe Cody personally named all those babies.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kid'll go by "Libby" to nearly everyone

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Liberty is a good name for a kid whose parents are trying to get voted into office by idiots

flatluigi posted:

as it turns out liberty has been in the top 1k baby names every year for the last two decades so it's a lot more common than i thought

Sounds like lots of people are trying to get voted into office.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Sounds like lots of people are trying to get voted into office.

there's a lot of elected offices out there

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Liberty Iris is a very pretty name and doesn’t even come close to cracking the “bad names” list and I think it’s weird that it’s talked about here constantly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All names should be Johnny Unitas...Now there's a name you can set a watch too

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MJeff posted:

Truth.

I'm sad that Trent and Anna are going to be out for so long. Are there any updates on either yet?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

smarxist posted:

It’s so whenever anyone says “shut up, lib” to Cody once he’s in office he can answer “WHAT DID YOU SAY TO MY DAUGHTER”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Playing the hits this week

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Liberty Iris is a very pretty name and doesn’t even come close to cracking the “bad names” list and I think it’s weird that it’s talked about here constantly.

People hate Cody because they can't see him the way I see him. I will be voting for Cody.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

JT Smiley posted:

Miro was heavily involved in the creation of his new theme.

That's good ot know

Alaois posted:

are you just making that up from your head

No, from the way that Mox was completely blindsided by the version of "wild thing" he got that first week and the way that Orange Cassidy seemed to not know hot to work with "Where is my mind" for the first few weeks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Eat My Fuc posted:

People hate Cody because they can't see him the way I see him. I will be voting for Cody.

There’s only one way I’d ever vote for Cody.

his tag line would have to be “Please Vote-y for Cody

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wazzu posted:

No, from the way that Mox was completely blindsided by the version of "wild thing" he got that first week and the way that Orange Cassidy seemed to not know hot to work with "Where is my mind" for the first few weeks.

Tony Khan is on record in an interview talking about how he thinks he’s the person who introduced the Pixies to 35 year old American white dude Orange Cassidy when he pitched it to him as his new theme.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Has anybody else here considered the (slim) possibility that Mox's paternity leave will last longer than anticipated and he won't come back until the dust has settled on the whole Elite vs the world thing?

And when he does return he'll go after Miro?

Sound sorta crazy? Sure. But Mox has been feuding with the Elite for nigh 6 months now. That's kinda...enough.

Also; as much as I loved the match I would not have thought of the ersatz team of Eddie and Penta being the ones to beat The Bucks. I guess that's why it worked so well. They'll probably lose hard next week. And they should quite frankly. Unless they are crazy enough to think that the entirety of Death Triangle will ever be healthy at the same time again and they're setting up Eddie/Penta v Pac/Fenix. Which I would hate because it would result in every actual established tag team in AEW continuing to sit on their thumbs as the titles are fought over by two ersatz teams.

How long is Trent out for this time? If he's out for awhile it will almost definitely be Best Friends' time once he gets back. They've become the creme of the 'rest' of AEW's tag division IMHO. Crazy when a year ago I thought they'd spend their time stuck in the middle of the pack for their run.

One last thing; he seriously named her "Liberty"? Hey Cody, what's the food like in the Ivory Tower.

Mox will be back right after the NBA playoffs because he is literally Hulk Hogan.

And Liberty is an old school name dating back to the territories and the arch rival of Ransom Stoddard.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cody clearly named his daughter after his favorite John Wayne movie and that's beautiful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mox's theme should be the flute solo from Wild Thing on a loop and nothing else.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A wrestler should use the soundtrack from the old Pure Moods CD commerical as their music.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Vince MechMahon posted:

A wrestler should use the soundtrack from the old Pure Moods CD commerical as their music.

ORINOCO FLOWSION

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

This is legit wisdom.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

it's going to be loving weird.

explosivo posted:

Yeah it is. I hope it's going to be a nuclear hot crowd to offset the weirdness.

it's gonna be really weird. there's been almost three times the amount of dynamites in dailys than out of it

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Conrad_Birdie posted:

With no new AEW content to talk about the thread usually devolves into one of two things:

a) Endless circular debate about the women's division
b) Getting really weird about Cody Rhodes

Then Elevation and Dark air, and we all start getting hyped for Dynamite until the thread closes for the GDT and the new thread, where the cycle begins anew.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wazzu posted:

That's good ot know

my interpretation was that Mox knew he was getting Wild Thing, but didn't expect the wrong version

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

graph posted:

it's gonna be really weird. there's been almost three times the amount of dynamites in dailys than out of it
the first bte/vlog away from daily's will be (for me) the real "where is my mind" moment

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm glad Brock has hosed off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's hijack this thread with some tweets from the AEW Indian stan community.

https://twitter.com/KhanAew/status/1411020980768571392

https://twitter.com/KhanAew/status/1411364097946386434

https://twitter.com/KhanAew/status/1411347386400575492

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

make a thread for good random twitter people if that's your dang hobby

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1411472685696180224

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

oh man, penta probably hitting a package pile driver on some foo RIGHT NOW

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

oh man, penta probably hitting a package pile driver on some foo RIGHT NOW

Followed by blowing out a plume of vape smoke after hitting the Fear Factor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1411478091642384387

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol, wrestling rules

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

ORINOCO FLOWSION

I'm sad I will never be a wrestler because that means this can never be my finisher name.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

Let's hijack this thread with some tweets from the AEW Indian stan community.

i'm updating bestkhans.txt way more than i thought i would this year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Penta is living his absolute loving best life :hellyeah:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
CERO!!! FUMANDO!!!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously coward Tony either rip this off or pay for it

https://youtu.be/W7jzp9KBRl8

And moreover, if Kenny doesn’t have a legit functioning single wing custom made for his next big PPV defense, I will be angry because of reality not conforming to my childish and impossible wish

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

smarxist posted:

She should go by Berty, that way people will be confused when they meet her and she's not elderly.

Like when my buddy's wife asked me if I had met her friend Dorothy at a Christmas party and she was like 25 years old. I actually looked past her because I expected someone else to be standing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
She's gonna have a dust-related nickname within 2 weeks of being born and will wind up going by that for the rest of her life