Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Alien Febreeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if youre a thread regular and have not seen season three of twin peaks get on it

need to rewatch this now that im not drinking and can remember it :/

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat that's a spicy contrail 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if youre a thread regular and have not seen season three of twin peaks get on it

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Wheeee posted:

Alien Febreeze

oh you found my joint

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Hirsute posted:

Or, maybe George W Bush and aliens did 9/11

Don't blame E.T, they come in peace. I doubt aliens have a C.I.A, so the probably couldn't have done 911.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

E.T. didn't blow up the projects.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ET cant do poo poo he cant even ride a bike right, u sit in the seat and pedal idiot

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

lue posted:

NDT posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I still can’t believe any of this poo poo because capitalism has broken me, but I want to say I’m really glad we have WHEEE as a cheerleader. :unsmith:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

i enjoy the possible implication from the reports of UFOs turning American nukes off while turning Soviet nukes on, that in a show of strength the aliens knew the most terrifying thing to Americans was having their ability to unleash their apocalyptic weapons and kill billions on a whim taken away, whereas the most terrifying possibility to the Soviets was that any of their horrific terror weapons would ever actually be used

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Wheeee posted:

turning nukes off

they are definitely just saving us from ourselves

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

they'll be saving us from ourselves on July aaiitee when all electronic technology ceases to function for unknown reasons and all the petrochemicals vanish, permanently locking us at a pre-industrial level

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

its been an honor shitposting with you all o7

valp
Aug 31, 2018

Reincarnation is real and Earth is a dumping ground. All the other aliens races are discovering the secrets of the universe and exploring the nature of consciousness and ascending and stuff but every race has a handful of beings who can't keep up so they dump them here to reincarnate as humans until they get with the program.

Our planet is just a collection of the densest, dumbest, more obstinate souls from dozens of different alien races across the milky way. Billions of idiot immortal souls all convinced that souls aren't real, reincarnation isn't real, aliens aren't real, and that materialism explains everything there is to know about the universe.

They keep sending flying saucers to check up on our progress, but the air force thinks they're literal demons from hell that they're heroically protecting us from, while normal people 'know' that aliens aren't real and ignore them. This will continue, with no one learning anything, until we finally manage to destroy the Earth with nukes and/or global warming and we all find a new planet to reincarnate on so we can continue this stupid cycle.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWO41dJ1VQ

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

yeah I got really high and watched twin peaks each night about ten years ago and remember coming up with a theory that the show was about how Canadians were aliens or the owls were aliens or something like that

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Wheeee posted:

Alien Febreeze

That's alien poo poo and piss

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

valp posted:

Reincarnation is real and Earth is a dumping ground. All the other aliens races are discovering the secrets of the universe and exploring the nature of consciousness and ascending and stuff but every race has a handful of beings who can't keep up so they dump them here to reincarnate as humans until they get with the program.

I honestly believe this is true

I have a vivid memory of meeting 'the alien tribunal' in a dream when i was a kid
after I made a bad life choice-- mirroring in the dream as me angering one of the council members-
therefore losing my chance to ascend

guess ill try again later

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

i am harry posted:

yeah I got really high and watched twin peaks each night about ten years ago and remember coming up with a theory that the show was about how Canadians were aliens or the owls were aliens or something like that

as a Canadian I can only say: "aitee"

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

aitee-aitee is from Star Wars, he’s just loving with you

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I was actually curious if the 18th held any historical significance and uhhhhhhhh

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh, god dammit

valp
Aug 31, 2018

No it's not that, the joke is that July 18 2021 is the 35th anniversary of the Aliens movie.

Not a hoax either, the aliens just have a good sense of humor.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

or does aitee refer to july 8th?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

valp posted:

No it's not that, the joke is that July 18 2021 is the 35th anniversary of the Aliens movie.

Not a hoax either, the aliens just have a good sense of humor.

Alien came out 42 years ago.
42 is of course the answer given by a supercomputer in Hitchhiker's Guide as the answer to “the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.”

:tinfoil:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rah! posted:

or does aitee refer to july 8th?

oh god the aliens are going to be devout christians aren't they

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

mormons

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

there's like a 95% chance that they're mormon

Edit: dammit

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Axis and Aliens

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Raised By Wolves is part of soft disclosure

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Raised By Wolves is part of soft disclosure

parsed this as Dances With Wolves at first. is kevin costner connected to the reticulans???

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

sg1 really does own

stargate is real and is our world's Wormhole X-Treme!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jazerus posted:

parsed this as Dances With Wolves at first. is kevin costner connected to the reticulans???

it would explain how he keeps getting cast in things

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Azathoth posted:

it would explain how he keeps getting cast in things

he has a particular audience and people on this board aren't in it

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
this disclosure is so flaccid. do any news stations even carry stories of secondhand pilot accounts anymore? where the gently caress are my aliens I was promised

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

assuming disclosure is of non-human intelligences on earth it's probably going to be way weirder and more fundamentally alien to our understanding of reality than simply some carbon based three dimensional lifeforms that tootled on over with their gravity drive

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

"We passed a pencil and paper through the portal but instead of writing, it was returned to us with the paper folded in a way that hurts the eyes to look at and with the graphite in the pencil replaced with some kind of carbon lattice structure that our best scientists cannot identify. We are currently choosing to interpret this as a tentative gesture of cooperation."

If such things are capable of communication, maybe they're closer to the Weaver from Perdido Street Station, in that they can be communicated with normally but have such incomprehensible motives that no real understanding is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mola Yam posted:

jesus christ joe, she's only aitee