Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh and just wait until July 9 when cases still aren't at zero so Gladys announces an extension to the lockdown and all the Murdoch media readers/viewers raise their voices in unison and scream "BUT YOU PROMISED IT WOULD ONLY BE TWO WEEKS!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
If we'd shut down a week earlier, there may have been a chance of a two week lockdown being enough, but Gladys, Hunt and Chance have huffed too much gold standard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

If we'd shut down a week earlier, there may have been a chance of a two week lockdown being enough, but Gladys, Hunt and Chance have huffed too much gold standard.

Nah, coinciding with the school holidays and giving the rich folk a chance to get to the holiday homes. At least the lib's upcoming church thing should be a nice big super-spreader event.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Abbott still has it. This is from yesterday.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

WA has a confirmed covid case from NSW, so lockdown has gone into effect today for at least 3 days with mandatory masks.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Inceltown posted:

Abbott still has it. This is from yesterday.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Exposure site a 2 minute walk up the road at a cafe for me

I go there sometimes

It's pretty wild aye

Glad I got my vaccine sorted thanks to the Aus thread

Massive thanks

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Not sure the Blues would ever win a series again a few years back. To hold the cane toads to zip-zero-zilch-DONUT 2 games running is loving unreal!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and just wait until July 9 when cases still aren't at zero so Gladys announces an extension to the lockdown and all the Murdoch media readers/viewers raise their voices in unison and scream "BUT YOU PROMISED IT WOULD ONLY BE TWO WEEKS!!!"

We have The Australian at work and last week's cover for whatever its lovely internal magazine is called was just something like "It's time to end the isolation" and pushing to have international and all state borders opened up again.

loving Murdoch press is responsible for making so many of this country's problems worse.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

That's a great price for almost 3 litres of beer in this country (And a phenomenal price for near 6 litres). And I know this is controversial but I fucken like Pabst, it's a great beer for knocking down + value and won't give you a rotten headache like other local low end swill.

Glad to see the imports are still around.

That works out to about $29 in Australian dollars... is it still a good deal?

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
We in America have a special name for people from Australiahahahahaha just kidding we never think about you :)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Legin Noslen posted:

We in America have a special name for people from Australiahahahahaha just kidding we never think about you :)

This is all anyone wants from America. If you started thinking about Australia you'd realise it has mineral resources and indigenous people and go and freedom the gently caress out of it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Legin Noslen posted:

Oh yeah, then why are our prime ministers USA intelligence assets?

https://twitter.com/strom_m/status/1408970640678260736

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Legin Noslen posted:

I appreciate our Australian allies sending soldiers to help us out in Nam even if it was a terrible war.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/smh/status/1409338502773415938

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChrisReason7/status/1409372523460845568

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Thats a power thruple I didn't see coming.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

If I saw that without being aware of todays trash news I'd have assumed Rebel Wilson was playing Amanda Vanstone in a TV show or film

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scomo listens to Tiesto

https://twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/1409343415762911237

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Gladys: "Let it dock!"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

5er posted:

That works out to about $29 in Australian dollars... is it still a good deal?

For two six-packs of 500ml cans? Yes!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/wills_account/status/1340945590658580481

Slugnoid fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 3, 2021

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I went to hogs breath once and I ended up with the wrong plate of food. Rather than let me keep it they took it from me and gave it to the person who actually ordered it. I then had to wait 20 minutes for them to bring me my meal while everyone else at the table had their food.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Only 16 new local cases in NSW today

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1411490293791170560

LOL @ all the people in the comment thread excitedly talking about opening up

/laughs Melbournishly

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

/laughs Melbournishly

Weird how every reply isn't demanding Gladys's resignation even though it is actually her fault for not locking down fast enough.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Weird how every reply isn't demanding Gladys's resignation even though it is actually her fault for not locking down fast enough.

It's almost like Sky News has a conservative political bent or something.

/laughs Melbournishly

Yeaaah, those are the known cases. It doesn't account for fuckwits who won't get tested for what's clearly the sniffles, asymptomatic cases, or ones that just plain haven't popped symptoms yet. Your only real clear metric is about two weeks after a solid lockdown when you might have actually stopped it getting around. And even then it's maybe another two weeks while it goes through the families and housemates of those who've got covid.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's almost like Sky News has a conservative political bent or something.

Yeaaah, those are the known cases. It doesn't account for fuckwits who won't get tested for what's clearly the sniffles, asymptomatic cases, or ones that just plain haven't popped symptoms yet. Your only real clear metric is about two weeks after a solid lockdown when you might have actually stopped it getting around. And even then it's maybe another two weeks while it goes through the families and housemates of those who've got covid.

The reports I saw this morning were asking people to be honest with contact tracers even if they'd breached the lockdown rules. Also reiterated that people need to stop visiting one another.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

The reports I saw this morning were asking people to be honest with contact tracers even if they'd breached the lockdown rules. Also reiterated that people need to stop visiting one another.

They can ask all they want, there's a reason Victoria has the Stage 4 lockdown and NSW's is finding out first-hand after loving around. Turns out, yes, people are idiots and do this poo poo if you don't firmly mandate against it.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

do these things have anything to do with austrialia, are your granola bars round or something:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1411608039019384836

ili
Jul 26, 2003

d0s posted:

do these things have anything to do with austrialia, are your granola bars round or something:

What the gently caress that's some seppo bullshit mate.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ili posted:

wtf don't act like that's our fault, it's disgusting to everyone!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://youtu.be/gJRKgy0iMqk

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

d0s posted:

Never speak to me or my thread again

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They can ask all they want, there's a reason Victoria has the Stage 4 lockdown and NSW's is finding out first-hand after loving around. Turns out, yes, people are idiots and do this poo poo if you don't firmly mandate against it.

seriously, people just would not lock the gently caress down even after getting positive tests. in end we had the ADF knocking on their doors randomly to spot check they were actually home.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ili posted:

You don't make Anzac bikkies with quinoa and flaxseeds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1 cup white sugar (half cup white and half cup brown will give a good snap if that is desired)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
125 g butter (melted)
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon boiling water

Method

Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celcius and line trays with baking paper.
In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients - rolled oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
Into a saucepan, place the butter, golden syrup, bicarb soda and water. Stir and heat to boiling point.
Add the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Roll tablespoon sized balls (32g if you want to be specific) in your hands and place on lined baking trays.
Cook for 15-20 minutes until light golden. Allow to cool on tray.