Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Lol

https://twitter.com/danabashcnn/status/1411712052201246721?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m ok with requiring voter id requirements.

…if IDs are free and automatically sent to people along with an obnoxious government funded marketing campaign that starts a year in advance of elections to apply for your free replacement.

They’d still find a way to gently caress people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

…if IDs are free and automatically sent to people along with an obnoxious government funded marketing campaign that starts a year in advance of elections to apply for your free replacement.

And if the ID requirement doesn't kick in until the government can verify that everyone has one.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If we lived in a functional society it wouldn't be a problem because we really do need something better than a social security number and a national identification could in theory be a good solution to that and voter ID problems at the same time.

We do not live in a functional society so anything like that would be fought tooth and nail, probably smothered in the crib before it even gets started, relentlessly crippled during implementation if it happened anyway and purposefully sabotaged for the entire lifetime of the program to somehow gently caress over anyone in the out-group based purely on hatred and self-harming spite.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
We have voter ID here but everyone has a provincial health card and any piece of paper with your address (utility bill, tax paper) is enough as a second form of ID.

I think if you don’t have ID you can attest that you’re who you say you are and vote anyway.

Also we use paper ballots counted by actual people.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/status/1411597101746724866?s=19

As for voter ID, the issue polls in the 70% range nationwide, because we're a nation of brokebrains that puts car access above constitutional voting access. It's an ideal tradeoff item for a Congressional bill - loose voter ID requirement and funding to make them free in exchange for state voter overturn/subversion bans and a reform of the Electoral Count Act.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

It appears that Donnie's Beautiful Boaters caused more damage than originally thought, since most incidents didn't make the news: https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1411677784532045826?s=19

quote:

It was unorganized really. I think these people all meant well, they didn’t understand what was going on.

:hmmno:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've verified this cursed video as real.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1411802862695354369

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy is a drooling imbecile and so are his pathetic lackeys

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

At this point, his weird behavior is an act to distract from the horrible, real damage he’s doing around the world.

It’s like Yale graduate George Bush’s folksy affectation.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Someone post him eating dry white toast

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve eaten plain toast before.

I was also dirt poor when I did it

OR

Extremely munchied out after a smoke sesh.

But never just because.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

boop the snoot posted:

I’ve eaten plain toast before.

I was also dirt poor when I did it

OR

Extremely munchied out after a smoke sesh.

But never just because.

I have, but it was really good fresh-baked homemade bread, and only lightly toasted.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Plain toast is in the stomach-feeling-awful food group.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Toast is only good with butter, or jam, or used for sandwich bread.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

You clearly forgot sopping up sunny side egg yòlk

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Oh yeah, plain toast is manna from heaven after 24+ hours of living on the couch so you can be close to a bathroom.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

silvergoose posted:

I once had a doctor recommend the "BRAT" diet for that - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I think the idea is partly that they're bland, easy to digest foods, and partly that they won't be too gross if they ultimately come back up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bored As gently caress posted:

French toast exists, my friend.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I once had a doctor recommend the "BRAT" diet for that - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I think the idea is partly that they're bland, easy to digest foods, and partly that they won't be too gross if they ultimately come back up.

Beer reefer acid tabs?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jook/congee is pro tier sick/ hangover food

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

Beer reefer acid tabs?

Yeah BRAT

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This is a super common thing for pregnant women with bad morning sickness. My wife had to do it for our kids.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I made this joke with my doctor and all it proved was doctors have no sense of humor

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s the wurst :dadjoke:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

boop the snoot posted:

French toast exists, my friend.

Oh yeah, for sure! Good French toast is heavenly.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’s the wurst :dadjoke:

Hahahahahahha

bengy81
May 8, 2010
CE: We were going to a 4th of July bbq, pulled up to the hosts house, and they had their best Trump flag on one side of their garage, and a black flag on the other. We went home.

Hope you idiots are having a good 4th.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Platystemon posted:

At this point, his weird behavior is an act to distract from the horrible, real damage he’s doing around the world.

It’s like Yale graduate George Bush’s folksy affectation.

https://twitter.com/PhilipMichaels/status/1328852965067681793

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

boop the snoot posted:

"You now need a passport to vote. Passport Cards not valid. Only Passport *books*. NO this isn't a poll tax! We're *offended* you'd say that!"

Whenever REAL ID requirements stop getting delayed, you'll probably start seeing pushes to make THAT the definitive "voter ID" in the states trying to keep "the white right people" voting.

The REAL ID is basically inviting a pretty deep background check on yourself so it's naturally going to be seen as suspect by people who have a deep distrust of local, state, and the federal government.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 5, 2021

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I learned today that "animal rescue" videos on YouTube are a big thing, and that actual organisations have shown that a shocking number of them are fake & staged (and dangerous & traumatizing & sometimes fatal for the animals involved)

I agree with Ricky Gervais' assessment of it as "just when you think you've seen it all, people find a whole new way to be cruel to animals."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"You now need a passport to vote. Passport Cards not valid. Only Passport *books*. NO this isn't a poll tax! We're *offended* you'd say that!"

Whenever REAL ID requirements stop getting delayed, you'll probably start seeing pushes to make THAT the definitive "voter ID" in the states trying to keep "the white right people" voting.

The REAL ID is basically inviting a pretty deep background check on yourself so it's naturally going to be seen as suspect by people who have a deep distrust of local, state, and the federal government.

Just play Papers Please, but for voting not immigration

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just play Papers Please, but for voting not immigration

HAIL ARISTOSTKA! :corsair:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bengy81 posted:

CE: We were going to a 4th of July bbq, pulled up to the hosts house, and they had their best Trump flag on one side of their garage, and a black flag on the other. We went home.

Hope you idiots are having a good 4th.

Henry rollins would not approve

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yes yes I come back with better fake tomorrow.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That Works posted:

Jook/congee is pro tier sick/ hangover food

This is also true. Plain, with some of that preserved veg.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Salt pork and vinegar are pro tier breakfast congee toppings along with a Tsing Tso and a horrendously overpriced shot of Goose.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/Steven_Strauss/status/1411795931897503751?s=19

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

The Eyes Have It posted:

I learned today that "animal rescue" videos on YouTube are a big thing, and that actual organisations have shown that a shocking number of them are fake & staged (and dangerous & traumatizing & sometimes fatal for the animals involved)
Various channels regurgitate these feel good stories because they're massive, ad-revenue-generating clickbait. The first I came across, I remember thinking "oh, that's cute, but something's setting off my grift detector." Lo and behold, in the space of a couple days, I saw three other snappily-produced "animal rescues" and yep, folks are absolutely just putting animals in dangerous situations, filming it, and selling it to unscrupulous media orgs that know exactly what they're getting.