Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
community defence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4w6hF50XM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol im sorry you had a seppo gently caress up your train ride =/

the good news is that the US is now for the first time less than 50% "religious". I think it's what is causing the right to go into their death throws as they go to crazier and crazier extents to assure relevance

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 5, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A house around the corner from me has a bowerbird nest on top of the carport roof. It's the brown fuzzy thing under the tree limbs and above the blue roof. It is very unusual for this bird's bower to be somewhere other than the ground. They are also just unusual birds. They like to collect things. Depending on the bird/species/things they will collect white things or blue things or pink things.

This is what they look like up close (random photo):

And this is the bower (again, random photo):

And 3 minutes or so on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOfukj1aM1E

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wendigee posted:

lol im sorry you had a seppo gently caress up your train ride =/

the good news is that the US is now for the first time less than 50% "religious". I think it's what is causing the right to go into their death throws as they go to crazier and crazier extents to assure relevance

There's a general culture-shift going on in the US and the old fucks in the Republican Party know drat-well that anywhere their party gets the boot it's not coming back legitimately ever again. So they're holding onto whatever power they can with a death-grip.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wendigee posted:

Australia is steadily becoming less religious every year. In our earliest censuses we were close to 100% Christian but that's been dropping ever since:

quote:

In an optional question on the 2016 Census, 52.2% of the Australian population declared some variety of Christianity.
[...]
30.1% of Australians stated "no religion" and a further 9.6% chose not to answer the question.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Australia is steadily becoming less religious every year. In our earliest censuses we were close to 100% Christian but that's been dropping ever since:

I think everywhere is, which is causing them a moral panic v3.0, but causing everyone else a sigh of loving relief and hope for improvement. I'm not sure I would have that that guy evangelize to me for minutes. I'm glad that most of the cab wanted him to gently caress up, but lol loving gently caress that convert oval office that had to speak out after. That is entirely the reason this video was uploaded. He probably gets about 5 of these dumbass videos a day and he picked that one because he found another nutter.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

huh posted:

Most of my Canadian knowledge as a child came from watching The Beachcombers.

And Degrassi.

Degrassi high was really good if you’re younger I never watched the newer show

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It doesn't help the side of religious when the one of biggest ones around is revealed to have raped and even tortured and murdered countless children across the entire world for literally centuries and done everything in its power to hide their crimes while still pretending to be the ultimate moral authority on everything.

Once the religious institutions are seen as irredeemably tainted, that creates enough of a distance between people and religion to loosen its grip on their lives.

Just a goddamn shame we had to take that route to get here.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz0xL2ba1YM

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Our problem is we've got a bunch of small towns out in whoop-whoop full of old conservative crusties who'll vote their mates in the Libs in every time regardless, and there's nothing to do but wait for them to drink themselves to death or OD on ice.

Wendigee posted:

I think everywhere is, which is causing them a moral panic v3.0, but causing everyone else a sigh of loving relief and hope for improvement.

One of the beneficial things the Internet has actually done is negate the effects of the old "BE SCARED AND TRUST US" tactics Conservatives have relied on for decades. You can't create a looming spectre of some unseen enemy when they're quite seen and able to respond equally.

Broadly-speaking, I don't think it's that people are becoming less religious but more that the expectation that if you're white you should be some denomination of Catholic or Christian is dying out. The whole "Goes to church on Sunday, white picket fence house and has a nuclear family with a wife and three kids" vision just isn't the ideal anymore.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Who the gently caress can afford a house, let alone kids?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Speaking out outback steakhouse. I went to the one in Niagara Falls Canada one time, I had some AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN Calamari.
I'm not sure what made them so authentically Australian, but they probably had the words "mate" and "Crikey" somewhere in the description on the menu.
I think my brothers got some AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN Buffalo wings. Very authentic as well, despite the fact that they were invented just across the river in Buffalo NY.

Does anyone have a link to the goon, who I think was Australian but living in USA who went to an Outback Steakhouse and took pictures of the menu/made fun of all the AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN CUISINE that wasn't on the menu?

I think it was probably about 2007 or so, as I think I remember it from when I joined here the first time around.

I got taken to an Outback Steakhouse in the USA and as soon as the waitress heard my accent she was all 'OH MY GOSH DO YOU WANT A FOSTERS' and was very disappointed when I asked for a different beer

Three days later and the credit card I used there had some weird extra charges start appearing so take this as a warning, drink the fosters

huh posted:

A house around the corner from me has a bowerbird nest on top of the carport roof. It's the brown fuzzy thing under the tree limbs and above the blue roof. It is very unusual for this bird's bower to be somewhere other than the ground. They are also just unusual birds. They like to collect things. Depending on the bird/species/things they will collect white things or blue things or pink things.

This is what they look like up close (random photo):

And this is the bower (again, random photo):

And 3 minutes or so on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOfukj1aM1E

Took a yank through the big aviary at Healesville Sanctuary and they got real mad about the scummy pricks who threw all their garbage off the walkway into the enclosure. Once I pointed out all the garbage was blue and was deliberately placed for the bower birds to find and decorate their bower they got a bit embarrassed

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of the beneficial things the Internet has actually done is negate the effects of the old "BE SCARED AND TRUST US" tactics Conservatives have relied on for decades. You can't create a looming spectre of some unseen enemy when they're quite seen and able to respond equally.

Broadly-speaking, I don't think it's that people are becoming less religious but more that the expectation that if you're white you should be some denomination of Catholic or Christian is dying out. The whole "Goes to church on Sunday, white picket fence house and has a nuclear family with a wife and three kids" vision just isn't the ideal anymore.

That's what GAB is for lol. Fortunately? a private community forces to sign up, which is an actual barrier to entry so, it's mostly an echochamber. Downside, that echochamber is really doing a great job of radicalizing people.

More to you're point... I know a few people that would identify "strongly" as christian but they don't even go to church on sundays. They are just positive that abortion is horrible or that if you don't follow their faith you are going to hell. It's just nuts.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I know a hillsong chick thats had an abortion.

probably explains why shes always broke.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Does anybody else remember heartbreak high

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mx. posted:

I remember really really loving it.

Also season 1 of The Secret Life of Us.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Laserface posted:

I know a hillsong chick thats had an abortion.

probably explains why shes always broke.

Is this a Tism b side?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Mx. posted:

They used my Nans house as the Bordino residence. My parents have a photo somewhere of us all sitting in a convertible i think was used on the show for something. I never watched it, I was a bit younger than the target audience.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

The Lone Badger posted:

To be fair, I am not looking to live inside a hollowed-out kid.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

To be fair, I am not looking to live inside a hollowed-out kid.

Kids

the second one is the outhouse, savage.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Still can't believe you eastern staters dont have hot and spicy kfc on the standard menu. Well Queensland does I guess. But what the gently caress NSW and Victoria.

Do it ironically posted:

I’m enjoying this thread just want to say everything I know from Australia as a Canadian comes from watching old episodes of Bondi Rescue on Netflix and what I saw from crocodile hunter when I was younger

Most of my knowledge of Canada growing up came from the Trailer Park Boys.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

Still can't believe you eastern staters dont have hot and spicy kfc on the standard menu. Well Queensland does I guess. But what the gently caress NSW and Victoria.

Most of my knowledge of Canada growing up came from the Trailer Park Boys.

That's because we just plain have better places that serve fried chicken :v:.

Seriously though, I personally recommend giving Belles Hot Chicken a try if you''re ever in Melbourne or Sydney.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

huh posted:

I remember really really loving it.

Also season 1 of The Secret Life of Us.

I loved the soundtrack. gently caress there was some good Aussie poo poo going around then.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Wait does Vic and NSW seriously not have hot and spicy? For real? Wtf?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What the best part of our Capital cities?

For WA I think it's the Perth International Airport's departure lounge.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's a sometimes thing here. But no, it's not part of the regular menu.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

KFC in WA and QLD is run by a different company to KFC in the other states. Only one of them does hot and spicy on the reg, for the other it’s a special promo thing.

Absolute insanity imo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

What the best part of our Capital cities?

For WA I think it's the Perth International Airport's departure lounge.

My butthole is the best part of Sydney.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Inceltown posted:

My butthole is the best part of Sydney.

Can confirm.

we have a very low bar

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nam Taf posted:

KFC in WA and QLD is run by a different company to KFC in the other states. Only one of them does hot and spicy on the reg, for the other it’s a special promo thing.

Absolute insanity imo.

KFC is seppo poo poo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

EoinCannon posted:

KFC is seppo poo poo

Ahh but Murdoch is Australian poo poo. Seppo culture is Murdoch culture. Therefore Seppo culture is actually Aussie culture.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Yeah g'day how's it goin?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Joe Bogan posted:

Is this a Tism b side?

Craig, The Scrape Job!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

Ahh but Murdoch is Australian poo poo. Seppo culture is Murdoch culture. Therefore Seppo culture is actually Aussie culture.

Nah, Murdoch surrendered his Australian citizenship and became a US citizen in 1985 in order to expand his US media empire.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie posted:

Nah, Murdoch surrendered his Australian citizenship and became a US citizen in 1985 in order to expand his US media empire.

Counterpoint: Murdoch is an irredeemable pile of poo poo so he may have given up his citizenship but he didn't give up is core Aussie identity.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Post jpgs of these non-Australians.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is it true that yous guys are not allowed to have the Mortal Kombat video games?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
All I know is that the premier of my state Queensland banned Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors because of drug use. Hearing this as a primary school kid in the eighties made it the stuff of legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Thanks for sending over Bluey, one of the least annoying children’s shows and a welcome break from horrible two year old poo poo.