Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shifty Nipples posted:

imagine being a kid and your parents don't want to be around you lol

You can love someone and still want to be away from them sometimes. During lockdown, I was seriously considering divorce because while I live my wife and kid, I also needed to be alone sometimes. It's like Cheetos, you love them, but if you are them 24/7, you'd probably get sick of them. Mentally and physically.

Instead, we got back to work and kindergarden, and now we're moving into a house together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s the ballet not the opera!!!

I sure hope some goon got probated for that blunder.

Anyway, for something capitalism.avi, the Gulf of Mexico was on fire for a few hours earlier today.

https://twitter.com/blkahn/status/1411082011280871427

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can’t wait to bail them out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

they made a joke?? which season?

https://y.yarn.co/6342549a-d457-4fdd-b015-b25c479494cc.mp4

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

Can’t wait to bail them out.

would like to know how much of that debt is owned by pension funds

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

that one episode where Jimmy Pesto goes to a MAGA riot was pretty good

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

i am harry posted:

homer tries to drive over protestors in a truck in something like the 4th episode.

Season 4 but it was a day dream and president George h w bush called upon him for help

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Doggles posted:

I sure hope some goon got probated for that blunder.

Anyway, for something capitalism.avi, the Gulf of Mexico was on fire for a few hours earlier today.

https://twitter.com/blkahn/status/1411082011280871427

Ku Maloob Zaab

Pak Chooie Unf

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
people claiming the simpsons were the first dysfunctional sitcom family are clearly forgetting proletarian hero al bundy

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
married with children caught a lot of poo poo at the time too

ditto for roseanne

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cold on a Cob posted:

married with children caught a lot of poo poo at the time too

ditto for roseanne

its still weird how Roseanne went from feminist icon to uber-chud

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

the natural trajectory of all liberals

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

The Nastier Nate posted:

How many non-white characters were on that show again?

And it was supposed to honestly depict the American working class?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the exterminator and the car parker

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Baby steps. No one would have watched a show about a disabled black trans lesbian and her polycule whatever. They might now though, in small part because earlier shows normalized stuff like "women have agency".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I rewatched Fresh Prince recently and lol every issue they talk about is still relevant nothing has changed. One time Jazz is in court and refuses to put his hands down in front of the bailiff because "I put my hands down and I get five warning shots in the back"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BonHair posted:

Baby steps. No one would have watched a show about a disabled black trans lesbian and her polycule whatever. They might now though, in small part because earlier shows normalized stuff like "women have agency".

You can just say you didn't like my idea in tviv :(

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

Roseanne Barr has literal brain damage from getting hit by a car. That's more explanation than most chuds have.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

McCracAttack posted:

Roseanne Barr has literal brain damage from getting hit by a car. That's more explanation than most chuds have.

thats exactly as much explanation as the grand chud generation has cuz they huffed lead fumes when they were little

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The only thing I know about Rosanne is that the final episode goes nuts and it turns out John Goodman's been dead for years and the entire story has been made up as a coping mechanism, which is a p great way to end your comedy show.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Remember when Ellen saying "im gay lol" was the biggest most controversial television event of the decade, cuz I sure do

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

The only thing I know about Rosanne is that the final episode goes nuts and it turns out John Goodman's been dead for years and the entire story has been made up as a coping mechanism, which is a p great way to end your comedy show.

I, too, have been dead for years as a coping mechanism.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Remember when Ellen saying "im gay lol" was the biggest most controversial television event of the decade, cuz I sure do

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

More like Ellen Degenerate!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

More like Ellen Degenerate!!!

:iceburn:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Enough about these dead/gay performers

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I hate Ellen DeGeneres.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Orange Devil posted:

Haven't seen it in a long but I wanna say half of the Dads friends were black, pretty sure his business partner was.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

It was also 90s feminism so basically still second wave in outlook and understanding

The end goal is girl bosses

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Watching the original Star Trek is loving wild, because it obviously tried to be super progressive, and did pretty well too in some cases, but it's been overtaken by a million laps at this point and ends up pretty sexist/racist/etc by today's standards.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I remember my mom hating ellen for coming out, but my mom doesn't. The lib mind voluntarily lives in 1984 and likes it. the news told her to hate, now the news says 'we never had any problem' and she follows lock step

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Antonymous posted:

I remember my mom hating ellen for coming out, but my mom doesn't. The lib mind voluntarily lives in 1984 and likes it. the news told her to hate, now the news says 'we never had any problem' and she follows lock step

This means that your mom became less homophobic over the years. It's not perfect, but it's not bad either. Meanwhile, my father in law is still deadly afraid of cold war style Communists. I do not talk politics with him.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I mean most people itt were probably succlibs at some point in the past. No one comes out of the womb quoting Marx. Most Leftists I know (self included) came around in stages over their lives.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

galagazombie posted:

I mean most people itt were probably succlibs at some point in the past. No one comes out of the womb quoting Marx. Most Leftists I know (self included) came around in stages over their lives.
I distinctly remember during progressive taxation in my secondary school civics class I asked the teacher "Why should people be punished for being successful?"

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Miftan posted:

I hate Ellen DeGeneres.

When I worked for her I was told, on my first day, not to look her in the eyes.

Then, that same day, I was sexually harassed by a producer.

I didn’t last long on that show lmao gently caress that oval office.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Splicer posted:

I distinctly remember during progressive taxation in my secondary school civics class I asked the teacher "Why should people be punished for being successful?"

Lol, I remember being the only kid to align myself as pro-death penalty in a jr high class exercise. I also wrote a short essay on reverse racism in high school. What i'm sayin is, legalize weed dude

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

How! posted:

What happens if you look her in the eyes, does she go into her threat display and flash her large eye spots at you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

What happens if you look her in the eyes, does she go into her threat display and flash her large eye spots at you

Using a complex system of gas-bloated internal sacs, Ellen wil vomit her digestive apparatus on her prey, and retract it for further internal digestion.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

How! posted:

Did you last long enough that you can reasonably make an Ask/Tell thread about your experience? Because I reckon quite a few goons would read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gays can turn you to stone if you make eye contact, it's a level 25 perk that's great for support gayzard classes