Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jordan7hm posted:

Man, I liked that place. Food was whatever but consistent. Wish I had known that.

All small business owners are likely to be poo poo but I can at least avoid the ones who are confirmed to be poo poo.

I think Union Local 613 is run by good people. I assume most of the businesses along Somerset Village are run by decent folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think Union Local 613 is run by good people. I assume most of the businesses along Somerset Village are run by decent folk.

Prohibition house not so much, but Union very much is.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Prohibition house not so much, but Union very much is.

Good to know thanks.

My favorite spot (backdrop) closed right before covid and I haven’t really found a replacement since.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ontario has approximately 20% of total population fully vaccinated with the 2 week immunity lag, in another 3 weeks that would be closer to 50%.

I have to give the new CHMO credit for standing firm on the 3 weeks in between stages.

redbrouw fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 6, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was bummed when the Highlander was closed. They got dealt an absolutely awful hand going from one disaster to the next with with the sinkhole, the LRT construction and then Covid just flattening them.

I'm happy that they've been able to move most of the scotch over to Deacon Brodie's but it's not the same.

Off of bars and onto vaccines. I currently have my second Pfizer jab booked for August 16 but I am eligible for a second dose any time after July 14. There's a pharmacy around the corner from my apartment that is accepting walk ins and they're offering Moderna shots. I'm not picky about what goes in my arm but for people who have taken Moderna shots: does it really knock you on your rear end for a few days? I've got vacation time starting next week and I wouldn't mind getting fully vaxxed quicker but I want to know what kind of beat down I can expect from a Moderna jab.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 6, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'm getting Moderna for a second dose after a pfizer first dose this coming Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. I got mine through Shoppers Drug Mart and I can't tell if the pharmacy didn't follow up to book a second shot because of the lack of pfizer supply or because SDM killing their online booking system just got rid of all the follow up appointments too.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Off of bars and onto vaccines. I currently have my second Pfizer jab booked for August 16 but I am eligible for a second dose any time after July 14. There's a pharmacy around the corner from my apartment that is accepting walk ins and they're offering Moderna shots. I'm not picky about what goes in my arm but for people who have taken Moderna shots: does it really knock you on your rear end for a few days? I've got vacation time starting next week and I wouldn't mind getting fully vaxxed quicker but I want to know what kind of beat down I can expect from a Moderna jab.

I did Pfizer then Moderna. Had a wicked headache for most of the night I got the shot, but Tylenol cleared it right up. Also had a fever most of the night too, but I ended up coming down with a cold at the same time so hard to say what it was from. Most of the people I work with did Pfizer -> Moderna too and most of them didn't miss work for any side effects. Do know a couple people who were out for a couple days with fatigue, but doesn't seem too common.

I've heard if you're getting Moderna second, drink a lot of fluid and take a tylenol beforehand and as needed for the next while until the headaches go away. I did neither of these things so that might have played a role.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the country just has to vaguely hold together for another 5-10 years while the CPC finishes splintering back apart into its vassal parties, and then at that point pray the federal NDP can get their poo poo together. id still take the shitlibs over CPC though

im stuck on the first dose of pfizer and have to wait till september for the second. did everything possible to badger them about moving me up but they just refuse for some reason. im not in any rush though, i left my house one (1) time since feb 2020 and that was in late may 2021 (to get the first pfizer dose lol)

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I got a moderna chaser to my pfiz first dose on Saturday and I was anticipating having a rough time but so far all I had was a slightly sore shoulder. I had no reaction at all to the first dose fwiw, like it didn't even leave a mark.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

bunnyofdoom posted:

FYI, the owner of that place is a well known piece of poo poo. Racist, assholish, etc.

Have a sample

lollin at the idea that anyone would go to any Ottawa diner other than Fil's

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Dunn's Diner nonsense was a funny local shitshow. Just wish there were Diners that didn't have poo poo service. Zak's takes thirty minutes to get a milkshake and Elgin Street Diner's only saving grace is 24 hour service for drunk Ottawa U students.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
There's a 24 hour diner down the street from me. It was never good, and it's gotten worse every year I've lived here, but it's open 24 hours so at least I can eat a mediocre burger and terrible poutine any time of day.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bramasole on Bank was ok but they only took cash, and White Horse diner was good but you needed to drive there, and it was only good in that it was cheap diner breakfast. I still drove there a lot.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Willatron posted:

Stephen Harper is living an easy life as the head of a "consulting firm" probably making stacks and staying out of the limelight, why the gently caress would he go back to politics?

Duh, he would totally do it if the daily spreadsheet said it was the most efficient course of action BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It'll be Kevin O'Leary again and he will run the exact same campaign as trump did and win a majority

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

We said that last time and it appears he may actually be too stupid to do that.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Maybe when he's ready to retire from his TV gigs he'll go full racist for the campaign

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Drunk Canuck posted:

There's no way Harper comes back because he is in no position to muzzle the loving nutjobs in the CPC anymore.

We're fairly confident that he doesn't have the clout to do so, sure, but it's been several years. What if Harper got high by sniffing his own farts in his little consulting firm circlejerk and decided to make a play for the Con leadership? With his creature Kenney feeding whatever delusions he wants to hear via his failson Ben, I can see him trying once O'Toole self destructs.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Don't underestimate Harper. The Conservative party is corrupted by its love for power, and I do believe he could get them to shut the gently caress up for long enough to win at least a minority government.

They crave his style of leadership, deep down. He's the same sort of leader as Kenney or Ford or Moe or Pallister (or arguably Horgan) but with enough sense to avoid making a gaffe every time he turns around. If you're not worried about that playing well with the Canadian public, you aren't paying attention. He's not going to be caught looking like an imbecile in front of a portable toilet, and that's the sort of competence that could gently caress us.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Oh god, you think if Harper doesn't run, they will elect a full blown mask off Socon? I can see that happening

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh god, you think if Harper doesn't run, they will elect a full blown mask off Socon? I can see that happening

I can see it happening with Leslyn Lewis, they'll use her race and gender as a cudgel. "WHY WON'T YOU VOTE FOR A BLACK WOMAN, LEFTIST"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am less concerned about that overall, as I think a Socon is even less electable than the rancid jar of mayo, Andrew Scheer. I feel they may try, but I don't think it will work. We need to be less concerned about a Trump or a Bush and more concerned about a Reagan.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PT6A posted:

I am less concerned about that overall, as I think a Socon is even less electable than the rancid jar of mayo, Andrew Scheer. I feel they may try, but I don't think it will work. We need to be less concerned about a Trump or a Bush and more concerned about a Reagan.

Yeah, Scheer was basically if not dead because of it then well on his way to electoral oblivion when he was asked how he felt about gay marriage being legal and a dial tone came out of his mouth. Someone who campaigns openly on "shove the gays back into the closet and annul all their sin unions by fiat" is on a bullet train to Literally Two Seats In The House town.

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
My Moderna second dose after Pfizer had me bed-ridden for half a day and the highest fever I've gotten since I was a child. It peaked pretty much 24 hours after I got the shot. 24 hours later I was back to normal, but yeah rough go for me.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was bummed when the Highlander was closed. They got dealt an absolutely awful hand going from one disaster to the next with with the sinkhole, the LRT construction and then Covid just flattening them.

I'm happy that they've been able to move most of the scotch over to Deacon Brodie's but it's not the same.

Had Moderna after Pfizer, literally nothing happened besides the requisite sore arm.

So your experience is going to be random no doubt.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arivia posted:

I can see it happening with Leslyn Lewis, they'll use her race and gender as a cudgel. "WHY WON'T YOU VOTE FOR A BLACK WOMAN, LEFTIST"

Lol on that topic apparently Annamie Paul is still set to face face confidence vote next week or so because she still hasn't made a joint statement with Paul Manly condemning her former chief staffer.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1412413755544244226

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Mary Simon is now the Governor General of Canada.

This is peak Liberal party right here... a massive scandal involving indigenous peoples and you try to make amends by giving one of their activists a ceremonial position that can't change anything.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
20+ hours out from my Moderna second shot. Not too bad, a restless night with a fever high enough the cat didn't want to cuddle with me for long.

Highly recommend if you sleep on your side to get the jab in the arm you won't be trying to sleep on. I did not do this, of course.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Kraftwerk posted:

Mary Simon is now the Governor General of Canada.

This is peak Liberal party right here... a massive scandal involving indigenous peoples and you try to make amends by giving one of their activists a ceremonial position that can't change anything.

Yup, and the Conservatives are going to trip over their own dicks with racism when trying to criticize this move. Pretty smart move by the Libs imo

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Wait we have an ambassador for circumpolar affairs? What?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another Bill posted:

Yup, and the Conservatives are going to trip over their own dicks with racism when trying to criticize this move. Pretty smart move by the Libs imo

They're probably going to bring up https://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/member/mary-simon

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

bunnyofdoom posted:

Introducing your new prime minister, Gene Eric Soh-Khan!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Prime Minister Derek Sloan: he's like Leslyn Lewis, but a white man!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

Prime Minister Derek Sloan: he's like Leslyn Lewis, but a white man!

We can't post his picture because all the social media nude filters keep flagging his chin.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Scheer was basically if not dead because of it then well on his way to electoral oblivion when he was asked how he felt about gay marriage being legal and a dial tone came out of his mouth. Someone who campaigns openly on "shove the gays back into the closet and annul all their sin unions by fiat" is on a bullet train to Literally Two Seats In The House town.

Pretty sure they'd still have a stranglehold on the prairies and rural BC. Might lose some seats in Regina, Edmonton, and Saskatoon, but likely won't. I don't know what's up with Saskatchewan in the past 10-15 years, but the NDP brand no longer seems electable here, either provincially and federally.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

bub spank posted:

Pretty sure they'd still have a stranglehold on the prairies and rural BC. Might lose some seats in Regina, Edmonton, and Saskatoon, but likely won't. I don't know what's up with Saskatchewan in the past 10-15 years, but the NDP brand no longer seems electable here, either provincially and federally.

You can run a dead dog in southern rural MB and it would still beat out any other party so long as it was the blue candidate. Some because they still oppose gay marriage, others because they just don't give a poo poo either way.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Has anyone ever written a book on how SK/MB went from being the birth place of the NDP to being staunch Conservative hellholes? Northern Ontario kind of fits into this lately too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Manitoba will switch back. SK is done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Has anyone ever written a book on how SK/MB went from being the birth place of the NDP to being staunch Conservative hellholes? Northern Ontario kind of fits into this lately too.

I don't know when the NDP lost any semblance of a chance of winning southern rural areas in MB, but they still retain their traditional strongholds in Winnipeg's inner city and North End neighborhoods for the most part, and the rural Northern ridings are all orange too.