Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Please hand in your Swiss passport and flex off at least all of your balconies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

that's for drugs

cmon who has an actual reiseapotheke

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that's for drugs

Olds, child havers, chronically ill people, people who get stomach problems easily, most people really

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Lunar Suite posted:

joke's on you, when I was 12 years old and pretended to be a wizard in the woods with my friends, that was a great prop.
Just use an Anspitzer and go to town on a buntstift and you have all the wizard ingredients in magic lookin' tubes.

of course that's also the only legit use of that thing, unless you want to have a bespoke Koksetui i guess

Why the gently caress would you not want a bespoke Koksetui tho

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

Akademischer Grad =/= Titel

Ich stehe korrigiert.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Why the gently caress would you not want a bespoke Koksetui tho

It took me like three reads to realize that "Koksetui" is not some Japanese loanword for some fancy manufactum item. :downs:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Perestroika posted:

It took me like three reads to realize that "Koksetui" is not some Japanese loanword for some fancy manufactum item. :downs:

It's not???

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Anyone two whom "visit a country" means more than "visit a coutry's Robinson Club/Marriott"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's only called a Koksetui if it's from the Koksetui province of Japan, otherwise it's just a sparkling Pillendose

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Haha, yeah exactly where my brain went: "Koksetui", never heard of it, but the ending looks like a Japanese wor.... Ohhhhhh"

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Downside: my Rucksack was stolen on the train last week. Upside: the thief generously handed in my keys and I’ll get them back tomorrow. Upside II: bought myself this fancy new wash bag out of frustration: https://www.dainesandhathaway.com/collections/mens-military-wet-packs/products/military-wet-pack-brown

HOPEFULLY upside III: my Hausratsversicherung should cover this so I might be able to buy a new backpack shortly.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wengy posted:

Downside: my Rucksack was stolen on the train last week. Upside: the thief generously handed in my keys and I’ll get them back tomorrow. Upside II: bought myself this fancy new wash bag out of frustration: https://www.dainesandhathaway.com/collections/mens-military-wet-packs/products/military-wet-pack-brown

HOPEFULLY upside III: my Hausratsversicherung should cover this so I might be able to buy a new backpack shortly.

Ah, the honorable thief. A dying breed.

Unless you don't have one of those fancy door locks with keys that can't be easily duplicated without a proper security token, I would still opt for switching out the lock. Especially if there was something in the backpack that could have revealed your address.

I can guarantee the Hausratsversicherung will not cover any break-ins when it comes to light that the key was stolen and the locks remained in place afterwards.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

It's only called a Koksetui if it's from the Koksetui province of Japan, otherwise it's just a sparkling Pillendose

"Koksetui? Hey Leute, 'Koksetui'! Ooh-la-la, wir 'aben einen Gast aus Frankreich!"

"Wie nennst du das denn?"

"Nen Drogensack!"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hiding drugs in my Koksetui, which is what I call my butthole

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

There was absolutely nothing that allows Rückschlüsse auf my identity in that backpack, thank dog

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

This is the superior Koksetui anyway, available for 12,49€

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is Merkel such a gas hog for Nordstream 2? Does she not give a poo poo about climate change in Europe? Can Biden sanction this?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Why is Merkel such a gas hog for Nordstream 2? Does she not give a poo poo about climate change in Europe? Can Biden sanction this?

As I said in the Energy thread: No he can't and won't because the US is doing the same thing in shuttering Nuclear plants to stand up more Natural Gas demand.

However, Germany's call Friday to keep Nuclear out of the EU Green Energy definitions, while demanding Natural Gas stay is infuriating.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 6, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Grouchio posted:

That is honestly a weird post.

Yes, of course the yanks could try sanctioning again to force Germany to buy its LNG at a higher price, but it is politically infeasible to gently caress with Germany's energy diversification strategy just to sell some LNG. And Germany is expanding LNG terminals anyway. Germany is using its energy network for geopolitical ends like everyone else.

No, of course she doesn't give a poo poo about climate change. But she doesn't matter. What matters is that the boomer generation is in charge, and they don't give a poo poo either. If they gave a poo poo they wouldn't have been sabotaging renewables for decades wherever they could.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

And here I thought a homöopathische Reiseapotheke ist just a bottle of water

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Not quite

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:thunk:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Bit excessive to build windows specifically for watching eclipses

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder how long it will take for Germany's new gas ambitions to either backfire or get outpaced by solar/wind/hydro? Didn't Germany use to be the global solar capital back in the recession?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

When your Castle needs an arrow slit but you want to keep it tasteful.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Needs a Plissee, imo.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Is it kipp-able?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Grouchio posted:

I wonder how long it will take for Germany's new gas ambitions to either backfire or get outpaced by solar/wind/hydro? Didn't Germany use to be the global solar capital back in the recession?

What "new gas ambitions" are you talking about?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Finally some 100% einbruchsichere Fenster

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

When your Castle needs an arrow slit but you want to keep it tasteful.

And energieeffizient!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Antigravitas posted:

What "new gas ambitions" are you talking about?
Nord Stream 2 (for cheaper gas), enforcing nuclear plant shutdowns all over Europe, thus raising emissions.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Love my precious beautiful altbauten with their briefschlitz fenster and stillvoll gammelfassade. Every day when I put my mouth over my microscopic fenster to suck some fresh air I'm thinking to myself how the beauty of the altbau shall not perish from this world

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Germany has been buying gas from Russia through the cold war. There is literally nothing new about it. The second thing isn't real, so it's hard to comment on.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Antigravitas posted:

Germany has been buying gas from Russia through the cold war. There is literally nothing new about it. The second thing isn't real, so it's hard to comment on.
Are you sure about that?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Antigravitas posted:

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/germany-four-others-oppose-classing-nuclear-green-eu-2021-07-02/

Germany fully endorsed getting Natural Gas included as Green Energy, but is openly opposing Nuclear. So the second thing is very real.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

"Enforcing nuclear plant shutdowns all over Europe" isn't a thing that Germany can do. Literally impossible. So yes, I am very sure about that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Antigravitas posted:

"Enforcing nuclear plant shutdowns all over Europe" isn't a thing that Germany can do. Literally impossible. So yes, I am very sure about that.

Enforcing, maybe not. But pushing countries towards that through unilateral action at the EU level is as close as you can get.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

Enforcing, maybe not. But pushing countries towards that through unilateral action at the EU level is as close as you can get.

Just wait until we start forcing countries to dismantle their coal plants, too

the wailing will be unbelievable

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

We should probably start doing that in Germany first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Libluini posted:

At the rate Germany is going, that'll be....never. And comparing Nuclear to Coal is incredibly dumb, and you implying that I'd be upset about shuttering Coal plants is laughable.

Germany, for the most part, has just shifted to burning Wood Pellets in their Coal plants....because burning wood is "renewable".