Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Obi-Wan Nairobi

The last genuinely clever thing a FReeper ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers was also pretty good. To the point that I doubt Freep coined it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Obi Wan Nairobi sounds like a character from a Wakaliwood film.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Yeah I remember the 'Oboombashit!' person, it's funny seeing people that develop their own little language and then resolutely try to promote it.

Of course we had our own poster who called him 'Suicide Obomber' here...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Yeah I remember the 'Oboombashit!' person, it's funny seeing people that develop their own little language and then resolutely try to promote it.

Excuse me? There’s not even a joke in there. It’s just like a child free associating.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Baquack Obamailure.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The Lyin' King
B-Rock the Islamic Shock (though I think they stole that one from Obama himself)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I remember LONG LEGGED MACK DADDY making it into a list of their names somehow, but I don’t remember why/how it got there.

e: lmao it’s on a shirt and for sale on Amazon.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Icon Of Sin posted:

I remember LONG LEGGED MACK DADDY making it into a list of their names somehow, but I don’t remember why/how it got there.

There was this one Chicago-area black preacher who had it out for Obama and hit him with that during the 2008 campaign, Freep and similar sites picked it up from there.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ignoring possibly racist implications that’s a dope nickname.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers was also pretty good. To the point that I doubt Freep coined it.

I think this was my favorite, followed by B-Rock "Superallah." I can't believe we've reached a point where we're waxing nostalgic over the past iterations of Freep.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Are Obama's legs even that long?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Xiahou Dun posted:

Excuse me? There’s not even a joke in there. It’s just like a child free associating.

If you are of the group that believed he was a Muslim, then you likely believe all Muslims are terrorists ready to strap on a suicide vest and blow up the nearest intersection. There's a joke there, but it kinda requires knowing your enemy here

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Barfsack Ocrumbo

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The islamic shock didnt come from freep it was this image

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

RagnarokAngel posted:

The islamic shock didnt come from freep it was this image

I seem to recall that some Freepers fell for that hook, line, and sinker and even other Freepers called them morons for it. But that may just be the memory equivalent of wishful thinking and confirmation bias.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I still remember Oslugma clear as day a decade later

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Obama kinda sucked but I'm still lolling at when he played the Lion King opening to Donald Trump

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't know why the only Freep nickname for Obama I remember is Odingo but it is what it is.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Obama kinda sucked but I'm still lolling at when he played the Lion King opening to Donald Trump

Which in retrospect might be the thing that caused him to run for President. He's a very petty and spiteful man

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Ambitious Spider posted:

Which in retrospect might be the thing that caused him to run for President. He's a very petty and spiteful man

That, and a strong suggestion from Putin.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't think those are what motivated him to run for president considering he tried to run for president in 2000, and got on the ballot as the Reform Party candidate in Michigan and California, though later dropped out because of David Duke and Pat Buchanan. This is why it was funny when he claimed he'd never heard of David Duke when he ran in 2016. He also said he might run for president in 2011, though obviously he never put forth a serious effort that time.

I mean I don't doubt that his hatred of Obama was a big factor in him actually taking it seriously in 2016, just that he's clearly wanted to be president for a long while and has tried to do it before. It makes sense for someone as narcissistic as him to do, since it's one of the most prestigious positions you can hold in your life.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

Twelve by Pies posted:

he's clearly wanted to be president for a long while and has tried to do it before.
Even in 1988 Oprah was asking Trump about a potential Presidential run, and he used the same sort of "the entire world is taking advantage of our crappy trade deals" rhetoric that he'd deploy in 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

(Funnily enough, Trump wanted Oprah to be his VP in 2000, which probably would have garnered tons of votes if Oprah had agreed)

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 6, 2021

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

quote:

Stupid.
“Vaccine hesitancy” is not significant.
What matters is convenience.

What the rural areas behind in vaccination need is “walk in” appointments, paid time off, and childcare.

24 posted on 7/6/2021, 2:44:40 PM by mrsmith (US MEDIA: " Every 'White' cop is a criminal! And all the 'non-white' criminals saints!")

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

has anyone said Barfsack Ocrumbo yet?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I seem to recall that some Freepers fell for that hook, line, and sinker and even other Freepers called them morons for it. But that may just be the memory equivalent of wishful thinking and confirmation bias.

goddamnit that birth certificate was the only reason I voted for The Islamic Shock, I should have known it was too good to be true

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't think those are what motivated him to run for president considering he tried to run for president in 2000, and got on the ballot as the Reform Party candidate in Michigan and California, though later dropped out because of David Duke and Pat Buchanan. This is why it was funny when he claimed he'd never heard of David Duke when he ran in 2016. He also said he might run for president in 2011, though obviously he never put forth a serious effort that time.

I mean I don't doubt that his hatred of Obama was a big factor in him actually taking it seriously in 2016, just that he's clearly wanted to be president for a long while and has tried to do it before. It makes sense for someone as narcissistic as him to do, since it's one of the most prestigious positions you can hold in your life.

I just think it's hilarious that being president is going to destroy him. He's been committing crimes and tax fraud and wire fraud and defrauding banks for years, basically his whole career, but what's going to sink him is he really pissed off the NY AG enough to do a serious investigation into him. Without being president he probably could've donated some poo poo or something to keep the heat off his back, but like Icarus, he flew too close to sun, and was baked Cheeto flavored, and it looks like the banks will probably demand to see his real books because of his debt covenants, and his whole over leveraged empire will fall apart.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

pseudanonymous posted:

I just think it's hilarious that being president is going to destroy him. He's been committing crimes and tax fraud and wire fraud and defrauding banks for years, basically his whole career, but what's going to sink him is he really pissed off the NY AG enough to do a serious investigation into him. Without being president he probably could've donated some poo poo or something to keep the heat off his back, but like Icarus, he flew too close to sun, and was baked Cheeto flavored, and it looks like the banks will probably demand to see his real books because of his debt covenants, and his whole over leveraged empire will fall apart.

Coyote running off a cliff, except it's :trumppop: and the cliff is a manilla envelope full of blank paper.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Need to add "...but only for deserving white people" to the end of that post.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

I will believe this when he’s found guilty and sentenced, not a minute before.

I really want to believe it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Captain Monkey posted:

I will believe this when he’s found guilty and sentenced, not a minute before.

I really want to believe it.

The neat thing about debt covenants, is the very fact that Trump is being charged with keeping fraudulent books violates his debt covenants, giving banks the right to inspect his books, and if they find evidence of malfeasance or fraud against themselves or various other things they have the right to call in their entire debt immediately. He doesn't have to be found guilty, because it's a contractual issue.

*edit* also virtually all his debt is now guaranteed personally by him, not the Trump organization, so he can't avoid the consequences by partitioning his assets and declaring Chapter 11.

So we'll see, because unfortunately most of his lending in recent years has been through Deutsche Bank, and seems to be linked pretty heavily to Russian assets, so Deutsche may not demand access to his records.

It certainly seems like the Teflon Cheetohs coating is wearing off.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I went looking for freep's awful opinions about Sha'Carri Richardson but there isn't much that I could find
Suddenly, Joe Biden's all in for the U.S. Olympics pot rules in Sha'Carri Richardson case

quote:

To: Kaslin
If doing pot gets you kicked out of the Olympics, then we aren’t going to be able to send our Men’s Basketball team to Tokyo.

8 posted on 7/5/2021, 7:36:24 AM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Joe Biden is a dimwitted jerk, but his wife is running the country. What does Jill think?

15 posted on 7/5/2021, 7:58:47 AM by devere

quote:

To: devere
Nope, Obama is.

19 posted on 7/5/2021, 8:19:52 AM by Robert DeLong
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

The rules have nothing to do with Biden. It’s up to the Olympic committee to enforce them or not enforce them.

And more importantly, who cares?

Only those looking for a chance to run their mouths for political gain.

20 posted on 7/5/2021, 8:19:59 AM by SaxxonWoods ( comment might be sarcasm, or not. It depends. Often I'm not sure either.)

quote:

Let’s wait and see if Mattressback Harris calls him a racist again.

24 posted on 7/5/2021, 9:58:33 AM by DPMD

quote:

To: DPMD
Hi.

Mattressback

Ut oh, that’s too close to silverback. An African ape.

Harris has 100x less “Black” in her than my wife.

And for the record, neither of our families owned slaves.

5.56mm

25 posted on 7/5/2021, 10:08:12 AM by M Kehoe (Quid Pro Joe and the Ho need to go.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

Say what you want about both of these women.

Gwen Berry is a disgusting POS and anyone that gives money to the US Olympic Committee from this point on is only aiding and abetting to the Left.

However, not a single human being should have any sympathy for Richardson. Fastest woman on the planet. Through genetics and hard work she was about to reach the pinnacle of her sport and reap the much deserved rewards.

What did she do? Tossed it all down the sh*tter to get high.
Sorry. You’re on top. You know you’re on top. You know that no one can beat you.

You or someone around you should know that when you’re on top, you’re not untouchable and you’re a target. A very large target. Someone is always there trying to knock you off, whether it’s through legitimate competition or doing you dirty.

Does anyone feel bad for the NFL, NBA, MLB guys that get caught and get suspended? Nope.

26 posted on 7/5/2021, 10:16:33 AM by qaz123

quote:

That’s because she’s black.

2 posted on 7/5/2021, 7:21:23 AM by Howie66 (God Bless TEXAS! #Texit)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

Joe Biden is a dimwitted jerk, but his wife is running the country. What does Jill think?

15 posted on 7/5/2021, 7:58:47 AM by devere

lmao are they really trying to make Jill Biden into another Hillary Clinton?

it's incredible just how much hatred for Bill Clinton swirled around him having an ambitious wife. I mean I hate them too, but for like bombing Sudan and doing the Iraq War and poo poo, not because of a paranoid persecution complex that an outspoken woman must have her husband pussywhipped and all our manhoods are under attack.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

VitalSigns posted:

lmao are they really trying to make Jill Biden into another Hillary Clinton?

it's incredible just how much hatred for Bill Clinton swirled around him having an ambitious wife. I mean I hate them too, but for like bombing Sudan and doing the Iraq War and poo poo, not because of a paranoid persecution complex that an outspoken woman must have her husband pussywhipped and all our manhoods are under attack.

They don't care about Jill, it's all about emasculating Joe as much as possible. "Look how weak and feeble Biden is that he needs a FEMALE to run things for him!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Was. It [i]was/i] one of the most prestigious positions.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
WeChat (China) terminates LGBT+ accounts of Chinese college students in overnight crackdown

Save us China!

quote:

Sounds good to me. China is our only hope to pull down our current mess of a government, so why on earth are we angry about it?

1 posted on 07/06/2021 4:32:45 PM PDT by JonPreston
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: JonPreston

You may want to live under a brutal Chinese dictatorship, I do not. Even as bad as the idiot in the White House is and how horrible our Government is, it doesn't have a track record of killing upwards of 80,000,000+ of its own citizens.

Oh wait, that abortion thing. Nevermind.
2 posted on 07/06/2021 4:34:30 PM PDT by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))

quote:

Don’t make me start liking you, China.

3 posted on 07/06/2021 4:35:07 PM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

quote:

To: dfwgator

Wonder if China supports such groups in the US though.

5 posted on 07/06/2021 4:36:50 PM PDT by Right Wing Vegan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Remember when I said a little bit earlier about Freepers wanting the right kind of dictatorship?

quote:

To: usconservative

You may want to live under a brutal Chinese dictatorship, I do not

Germany. Italy. Spain. Portugal. Chile.

A weak liberal democracy cannot defeat bolshevism. The nation is losing on all fronts.

Of course I don't want a brutal Chinese dictatorship.

But something has to be done.

7 posted on 07/06/2021 4:38:59 PM PDT by Jim Noble (Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: usconservative

You may want to live under a brutal Chinese dictatorship, I do not

Hey Mr Conservative! The last I looked we have hundreds of political prisoners who haven't been charged related to 1/6/21. And did I mention Biden is going door-to-door checking vaccine status? And how about all that defund the police crap? Did I mention the Chinese laugh at GLOWBULL warming?

10 posted on 07/06/2021 4:43:37 PM PDT by JonPreston (Q: Never have so many, been so wrong, so often)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

History shows the useful idiots are the first to go....they trust government to the point that they’re easily exterminated. Coming here soon...

14 posted on 07/06/2021 4:56:27 PM PDT by mikelets456

quote:

China?!!!? Our only hope??!!!???

Try Christ.

19 posted on 07/06/2021 5:13:43 PM PDT by Ge0ffrey

quote:

China is run by very intelligent people. The US, not so much.

21 posted on 07/06/2021 5:42:35 PM PDT by Trumpisourlastchance

:irony:

quote:

Real Communists have no toleramce for deviant cultures and ideas.

23 posted on 07/06/2021 6:52:15 PM PDT by Thunder90 (All posts soley represent my own opinion.)

quote:

To: Jim Noble
China is openly run by a communist oligarchy.

America is secretly run by an Ivy League oligarchy.

China's leaders are more honest, direct and brutal.

America's leaders are more deceitful, indirect, and subtle.

Some of us are allowed gold handcuffs, but over time the gold will turn to copper and then iron and then lead.
24 posted on 07/06/2021 7:28:34 PM PDT by who_would_fardels_bear (This is not a tagline.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I like to imagine that they literally think that Biden is rolling across the country in the presidential limo, getting out, knocking on the door, and demanding to see Covid cards.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

VitalSigns posted:

has anyone said Barfsack Ocrumbo yet?

I want this username

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Barfsack INSANE Ocrumbo

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Lone Badger posted:

Was. It [i]was/i] one of the most prestigious positions.

Get off twitter or d&d or something if you actually think getting elected head of state and government of the still most powerful country on earth isn’t one of the most prestigious positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pontius Pilate posted:

Get off twitter or d&d or something if you actually think getting elected head of state and government of the still most powerful country on earth isn’t one of the most prestigious positions

*vomits on the PM of Japan*