Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

How! posted:

A lot of it. My friend lost his balance and his hand smashed into a nice used condom covered in poo poo.

I am just the on-set dresser, so I get to watch the monitors and make sure the sets look good for camera. I don’t have a lot of exposure to the cast because they separate us after the Paradise season in Tulum five years ago when a boom operator was sleeping with a contestant, then panicked when he heard the producers coming, and jumped out of her balcony and smashed both his ankles on concrete from a two story fall.

And you thought an A/T thread would be boring :stare:

How! posted:

Cute story though is one chick who got fisted wound up marrying the dude and they’re still together like three years later. I guess the fastest way to somebody’s heart is through the back wall.

I haven't actually seen the show, does... does the bachelor fist all the contestants

e:

How! posted:

it’s the same amount of come. I worked on that show too but it’s even worse from the standpoint of me constantly asking “is this a Union job?”

Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

And you thought an A/T thread would be boring :stare:

I haven't actually seen the show, does... does the bachelor fist all the contestants

No no no, this was Bachelor in Paradise, where they cram all of the most dysfunctional contestants into a small Mexican resort and get them drunk, and as soon as somebody seems happy with their partner- they’ll bring their ex or crush in.

It’s all really disgusting- I overheard the medical team (who decided to Voice-to-text their confidential emails at the pool when I was off) reading off who was on what prescription drugs. And they’re all on adderall for at least breakfast and lunch. They aren’t allowed more that one drink an hour anymore since somebody got raped. So they’ve got to have them on SOMETHING otherwise they’d have no content to film.

So yeah like I said super ethical.

e: the bachelor on the Pennsylvania season, Matt, was actually a really really sweet man, and he never slept with anybody. Drove the producers crazy because he was just a decent person lmao.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

How! posted:

No no no, this was Bachelor in Paradise, where they cram all of the most dysfunctional contestants into a small Mexican resort and get them drunk, and as soon as somebody seems happy with their partner- they’ll bring their ex or crush in.

It’s all really disgusting- I overheard the medical team (who decided to Voice-to-text their confidential emails at the pool when I was off) reading off who was on what prescription drugs. And they’re all on adderall for at least breakfast and lunch. They aren’t allowed more that one drink an hour anymore since somebody got raped. So they’ve got to have them on SOMETHING otherwise they’d have no content to film.

So yeah like I said super ethical.

:allbuttons: Oh

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bachelor in "Paradise" at least makes sense, as much as a lurid thing like that can.

Bachelor in Pennsylvania is uh, what?

Next week on the bachelor in PA: Who will be the best jawn, Frankie finds the good H, and Ted attends a nazi rally.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

This website was literally a libertarian hellhole until early 10s so you know no surprises

Yeah I remember some pretty lovely Libertarian gently caress off posts (iirc I originally joined this site in ‘07).

Trash-elor posts itt = :psyduck:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

How! posted:

it’s the same amount of come. I worked on that show too but it’s even worse from the standpoint of me constantly asking “is this a Union job?”

Sorry about the double post- I’m on phone and I’ve had a couple drinks so I don’t wanna fix it.

the jizz moppers local 69

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

turns out nobody is good and humans deserve an expedited non-existence for the blood we wade through daily

Danaru posted:

Incidentally a bi werewolf is completely insufferable

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BonHair posted:

Incidentally, she is also the only actual spermjacker I know, I was conceived without my "father's" consent or knowledge.

Hey buddy :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What could go wrong?

https://twitter.com/DeanTrantalis/status/1412563013383737344

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sure the water table in Florida is like 2 feet underground at all times, and all the rock and soil is highly permeable all the way down to bedrock (which is like miles down), but I'm sure smart genius tonystark elonmusk has thought of that

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

Sure the water table in Florida is like 2 feet underground at all times, and all the rock and soil is highly permeable all the way down to bedrock (which is like miles down), but I'm sure smart genius tonystark elonmusk has thought of that

Can't wait to see the deathtrap submarine design he comes up with to save the people trapped when his tunnel collapses

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shame Boy posted:

having the tunnels submerged in water is a pretty good solution to the question of "what happens if a tesla bursts into flames in the middle of the tunnel?"

once again, you're showing how stupid you are

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Clearly the solution is bioengineered gills that can activate whenever a Tesla is underwater to produce oxygen. Should have gen 1 out in October if we start now

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

More like the Boering Company.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Clearly the solution is bioengineered gills that can activate whenever a Tesla is underwater to produce oxygen. Should have gen 1 out in October if we start now

Read it as pills instead of gills and imagined a pill containing aluminium and sulphuric acid in separate compartments. When crushed, it should produce plenty of oxygen. Also heat I guess.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also did his stupid test tunnel always have that big vent pipe? I don't remember it being there in other pictures, which makes me think he was forced to put it in by inspectors, which is real funny to me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Also did his stupid test tunnel always have that big vent pipe? I don't remember it being there in other pictures, which makes me think he was forced to put it in by inspectors, which is real funny to me.

I mean big underground tunnels need a shaft for ventilation, emergency escape, smoke extraction, and preventing pressure buildup. I think you can get away with it if the stations are less than a kilometer apart, regulations probably vary

It would be very Elon Musk to ignore those kind of regulations, or demand that such a feature be removed from a design because he thinks he's the child of Steve Jobs and Johnny Ives Jony Ive

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean big underground tunnels need a shaft for ventilation, emergency escape, smoke extraction, and preventing pressure buildup. I think you can get away with it if the stations are less than a kilometer apart, regulations probably vary

It would be very Elon Musk to ignore those kind of regulations, or demand that such a feature be removed from a design because he thinks he's the child of Steve Jobs and Johnny Ives

Yeah, it's just normal tunnels build that into the design in the first place, they generally don't slap a big pipe on one end after being told "uh you... kinda need that..."

Actually I definitely seem to remember them getting called out on not having vents at one point and the solution being only letting teslas in the tunnel so there'd not be any exhaust gasses, I guess that didn't fly with regulators.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's new. Someone definitely told him to add it so that people would stop asking "how do they breath?" during pitches.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
somebody just photoshopped a borg hairdryer into the tunnel and was like Problem Solved

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Paladinus posted:

More like the Boering Company.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Tesla owners in Florida choosing to drown themselves inside a Tesla, inside a Tesla tunnel.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

i am harry posted:

Tesla owners in Florida choosing to drown themselves inside a Tesla, inside a Tesla tunnel.

Tesla: Buried alive or cremated, your choice

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i am harry posted:

Remember a couple years ago when a hurricane was moving in and Tesla unlocked extended range mode for owners in a specific geo-fenced area near the hurricane, presumably only because they realized "someone died because they got stranded during an evacuation despite their car having 20% more usable battery that it wouldn't let them use unless they paid $2000 for the battery DLC" would be bad press

And then locked them all down again a week later, because gently caress you

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's new. Someone definitely told him to add it so that people would stop asking "how do they breath?" during pitches.

At least musk is providing real solutions to global warming in that way.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope Elon Musk bakes to death in a Tesla

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

has anyone a BBC reference yet

(as in that vent looks like a black penis giving it to the tunnel, not the television company producing a 17th century docuseries)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

indigi posted:

I hope Elon Musk bakes to death in a Tesla

Baking seems more gradual than what happens to a cooked off Tesla.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So its a single lane freeway that is far more expensive and more unsafe? I saw a car on fire on the side of the road just a few days ago. If that was in a single lane tunnel I guess I would just die.

Shwqa has issued a correction as of 16:26 on Jul 7, 2021

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Also just big enough for a sedan, a form factor that gets larger every year and is increasingly being replaced in favor of even larger vehicle classes.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

So its a single lane freeway that is far more expensive and more unsafe? I saw a car on fire on the side of the road just a few days ago. If that in a single lane tunnel I guess I would just die.

Yeah, I fail to see how this is any different from adding a lane to a freeway, aside from having to build the infrastructure for getting in/out, and dig.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Shwqa posted:

So its a single lane freeway that is far more expensive and more unsafe? I saw a car on fire on the side of the road just a few days ago. If that in a single lane tunnel I guess I would just die.
teslas are electric so they can't catch on fire

lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, I fail to see how this is any different from adding a lane to a freeway, aside from having to build the infrastructure for getting in/out, and dig.

In case you don't know, the difference is "it's real expensive so only rich people can use it".

The whole thing literally came from musk wanting a private tunnel between his house and the airport and needing to dress that up as some legitimate business.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1412762381306847233

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if you can buy out a whole month of an academic journal for only 51k it’s probably safe to say nobody takes it seriously

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

indigi posted:

if you can buy out a whole month of an academic journal for only 51k it’s probably safe to say nobody takes it seriously

You'd be surprised how far down people will reach when they're looking for something that'll defend their position. It existing at all, regardless of how disreputable the publication may be, is a win for defenders.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

indigi posted:

Umm, excuse me, in this house we believe in science

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
No need to dig if you make it so expensive that only one vehicle will ever be using it at a time.

Yes, the city will still pay to build it, so what

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

indigi posted:

Actual scientists can generally see through the bullshit and know to ignore the obvious plant but the general public (and most importantly, legislators) sure as hell can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

P hosed up that juuls are good for you. Didn't expect that