Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"This is a suburb in the capital of Nigeria."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ah, yes. Abuja. :hmmyes:

Cernunnos posted:

"This is a suburb in the capital of Nigeria."

:nodssagely:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"If I don't see something I like, I just give up and start over immediately" lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I kindof remember when I played a few years ago that the map pool was heavily weighted towards Brazil, Argentina and a couple other places. Is that still the case?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Grey Fox posted:

"If I don't see something I like, I just give up and start over immediately" lol

It's all RNG, and there's so many roads and most of them are incredibly boring, so why not?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

El Jeffe posted:

Holy gently caress

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tayter Swift posted:

I kindof remember when I played a few years ago that the map pool was heavily weighted towards Brazil, Argentina and a couple other places. Is that still the case?

the Diverse World 3.0 update was just released earlier this year, so it's worth giving it another try.

Also there are a shitload more localized maps than ever before

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this dude is right, what a nightmare suburb

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

That was probably the official World map, which sucks. A Diverse World is a huge user-made map that has much better distribution, it's what the runner is playing on.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

There's a Diverse world map by Mapper which excludes Russia and Brazil and might be better for your sanity.

Also there's Urban world if you prefer that, might be a bit easier.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

itry posted:

It's all RNG, and there's so many roads and most of them are incredibly boring, so why not?
totally valid strategy; it's still a humorous attitude

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

TeaJay posted:

I love how Havrd says N America is his weakest area and the chat is immediately going THIS IS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

e: Come on it's not kilometres in NA

To be fair, it could've been somewhere in Arizona! Until I saw the signs, at least, I knew it was somewhere in the Sonoran desert.

This run loving rips holy poo poo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a madman, insane run

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That's incredibly, holy hell

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

He loving did it. Not even Abuja could stop this madman.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Holy poo poo that was so tense at the end there.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
That was mesmerizing.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Holy gently caress, that was incredible.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Havrd is clearly a witch

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Grey Fox posted:

totally valid strategy; it's still a humorous attitude

If it sucks, hit da bricks

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've linked it plenty before but if there's someone who hasn't seen it, these guys running GeoGuessr co-op on ESA a few years back was even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_buk_YaV4&hd=1

It's basically where I picked up the game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Apparently i need to catch that on vod, i turned it on with like 3 minutes left before he finished and had no idea wtf was happening

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TeaJay posted:

I've linked it plenty before but if there's someone who hasn't seen it, these guys running GeoGuessr co-op on ESA a few years back was even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_buk_YaV4&hd=1

It's basically where I picked up the game.

co-op geo? :monocle:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Cheers y'all. I forgot I still have an active GeoGuessr account; maybe I'll have time to put some, uh, time into it tonight.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I had no idea a game like that could be so tense. Great run.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Loving all of the Insomniac dev donations, they’ve been one of the best studios for over two decades and it’s nice to know that there are big gaming studios out there that don’t take their employees for granted

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

did you guys know chris pratt is 'action movie perfection'

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

did you guys know chris pratt is 'action movie perfection'

I wouldn't mind being forced to watch twitch adds if they had some actual variety to them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Don't forget to use your free subscription if you've got Amazon Prime

Heck I'd just pay the $4.99 to avoid the Twitch ads if I didn't have Prime

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Feeling for this Hitman runner, getting truly inexplicable results and also probably chewed out on their headphones for repeatedly swearing into the mic in sheer frustration.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
How many restarts was that? I lost count

BEEAARR!!
Nov 9, 2004

Someone got hit
in the boingloins!

Hit in the boingloins!
Boingloins! Boingloins!
Someone got hit in them!

Kestral posted:

Feeling for this Hitman runner, getting truly inexplicable results and also probably chewed out on their headphones for repeatedly swearing into the mic in sheer frustration.

And then his game crashed. Guy just can't win today.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This Ghostrunner run is great: tons of movement tech, accessible thanks to good commentary, and it’s just plain fast. Highly recommended for folks who are checking the VODs out later.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
just caught the geoguessr vod and

Holy poo poo what a fun set of levels. Perfect marathon run imo.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
99 hours left.

Has anybody bought things from TheYetee and can speak to the shirt quality? Imo the thicker the tshirt the better.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

just caught the geoguessr vod and

Holy poo poo what a fun set of levels. Perfect marathon run imo.

That inspired me to play a round of Geoguessr. 25000 points is tough if you're trying to go fast. I got one within 10 meters, two within 5 miles, and the other two weren't even in the right country. It also took me twice as long as his run.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Gin posted:

99 hours left.

Has anybody bought things from TheYetee and can speak to the shirt quality? Imo the thicker the tshirt the better.

Real talk: the biggest flaw of Yetee shirts is that you don't know which of their producers a specific shirt is gonna come from. I've had some solid ones that last years, and I've had some dead in six months which shrank on me instantly. Overall, though, they hold up really well, and I haven't had a dud in over a year now when I occasionally buy their daily designs.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I bought a GDQ shirt from the Yetee a couple years or so back. It's not super thick, but it's held up all this time through regular use.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i am not saying you should go watch all 6 hours of the Golden Sun run (it was fun and nice to have on in the background fwiw) but do go track down the Dullahan superboss fight. totally nuts. the menuing, the manipulation of the boss AI, the crazy technical djinn swapping and summoning. he's beating postgame optional content with like an early / midgame leveled party.

i think i remember something about the runner having to type up the explanation on how it worked to pass along to the commentators? hilariously complicated and he just smokes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Is it really a speedrun anymore if it takes six hours?