Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/ufc-news-cm-punk-vs-mike-jackson-decision-overturned-no-contest-marijuana/amp

MMA Junkie learned through a Freedom of Information Act request and subsequent confirmation from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation that Punk’s unanimous decision loss to Mike Jackson at UFC 225 has been overturned to a no contest.

The change in result to the June 2018 fight, which wasn’t reported publicly until now, stems from Jackson testing positive for marijuana on fight night. On June 9, 2018, the night of UFC 225, Jackson tested positive for “tetrahydrocannabinol due to marijuana,” according to a commission disciplinary document obtained by MMA Junkie. Jackson’s discipline was finalized in October 2018 with all parties’ signatures.

strange situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

not that I’m not simply over the moon for mister C. Montgomery “worse punch than the late Stephen Hawking” Punk on his very first win not-loss in the octagon, but that definitely sounds like some asinine bullshit re: :420: . more like U-SAD-A ha, got ‘em

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 8, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So instead of 0-2 he’s 0-1-1 which is supposed to be not any less embarrassing?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

He'll take it!

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

coconono posted:

It's not technically a draw, so he's just 0-1-0

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smikey posted:

It's not technically a draw, so he's just 0-1-0

He's 0-1-0-1.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

He's 0-1-0-1.

Should get that tattoo'ed on his knuckles

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Davros1 posted:

Should get that tattoo'ed on his knuckles

what do his knuckles say

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

coconono posted:

"Straight edge means I'm better than you" got his rear end whipped by a stoner. It makes it more embarrassing. It also makes him a Scooby Doo villain.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Alternate thread subtitle: I just painted my face like an idiot for nothing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
bobby fishscale is a cool rear end handle

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine having a bunch of top tier wrestlers on your roster, with fully fleshed out characters and can go as well as anyone in the world. Now imagine cutting them and let your biggest rival in 20 years scoop them up and create their now and future with these amazing talents.

Must be a lovely company that lets such a thing happen!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

wwe forgot to update aleister black's 30 day noncompete to a 90day when they moved him to main roster lmao

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

GrimGypsy posted:

wwe forgot to update aleister black's 30 day noncompete to a 90day when they moved him to main roster lmao

I came to post that same thing. Someone going to get fired.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Alaois posted:

USADA babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Does not apply to Jon Jones

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SalTheBard posted:

I came to post that same thing. Someone going to get fired.

They already fired Mark Carano, but maybe this is why everyone thought Canyon Ceman was toast last weekend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kirios posted:

Imagine having a bunch of top tier wrestlers on your roster, with fully fleshed out characters and can go as well as anyone in the world. Now imagine cutting them and let your biggest rival in 20 years scoop them up and create their now and future with these amazing talents.

Andrade, PAC, Cody, Miro and Tommy End all either got cut or asked to be cut. Matthew Adams looks to be right around the corner. Mox let his contracts lapse because he was so sick of it there.

That is a preposterous amount of talent that they basically just tossed in the garbage. It's insane. And it's probably not gonna stop! WWE is gonna keep cutting guys! And AEW is gonna keep signing them and making them look like loving stars!

This isn't even getting into super valuable vets like Jericho, Christian Cage, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, etc. who WWE thought had nothing left to contribute. And, of course, Mr. Brodie Lee. :911:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Cody got the wrestle, Vince kept the mania

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/ufc-news-cm-punk-vs-mike-jackson-decision-overturned-no-contest-marijuana/amp

MMA Junkie learned through a Freedom of Information Act request and subsequent confirmation from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation that Punk’s unanimous decision loss to Mike Jackson at UFC 225 has been overturned to a no contest.

The change in result to the June 2018 fight, which wasn’t reported publicly until now, stems from Jackson testing positive for marijuana on fight night. On June 9, 2018, the night of UFC 225, Jackson tested positive for “tetrahydrocannabinol due to marijuana,” according to a commission disciplinary document obtained by MMA Junkie. Jackson’s discipline was finalized in October 2018 with all parties’ signatures.

strange situation

I knew it. The only way Michael Jackson could have withstood those powerful shots from CM Punk if he was numbed to it by a weed.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kirios posted:

Keep in mind Vince is furious about this too and while it's far from the biggest issue for them, it's something that keeps them up at night. AEW is growing, and they are shrinking, and it's apparent to everyone. And it's not that nothing changes, it's that it keeps getting worse. It's very clear Moxley should have been The Guy. It'd very clear that someone like Shawn Spears kinda getting over by being allowed to do his own thing proves maybe a room full of writers and Vince shouldn't be screaming and micromanging every wrestler! If they had made even token efforts to do this, AEW would have been dead in six months and this free fall could have been averted.

Vince would rather run his company into the ground and gently caress over his family than admit he is wrong! Hiring Khan doesn't change that but reinforces it too. Khan doesn't care if the Stephenie and Hunter are running the show ten years from now, he doesn't give a single gently caress if WWE is around in five. Taking the company, cleaning it up and selling it to scrap to Amazon, CBS, or (comedy option) Tony Khan are all more viable futures and options to him. It's clear the company can't self correct or change, so why not?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I'm gonna name myself Lil Flo Babi to stand out in this genre

you guys it's totally different from Babi Lil Flo and Flo Babi Lil

beyond cringe

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It was the Monday after a holiday! Or something

https://twitter.com/KDTrey_SZN/status/1412892789667401728
It's just the pre-live show jitters lasting several months, nothing to worry about

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 8, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited to see the excuses when the first live Raw pulls a 1.6

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s to be expected. People miss seeing the award-winning thunderdome. No surprise they tuned out.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Single numbers are always easy to explain away. What should be worrying the hell out of people in the company is the trendlines. The bad thing isn't that this week's viewership was the worst ever, it's that the worst ever viewership isn't *much* worse than the weeks around it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

MJeff posted:

Andrade, PAC, Cody, Miro and Tommy End all either got cut or asked to be cut. Matthew Adams looks to be right around the corner. Mox let his contracts lapse because he was so sick of it there.

That is a preposterous amount of talent that they basically just tossed in the garbage. It's insane. And it's probably not gonna stop! WWE is gonna keep cutting guys! And AEW is gonna keep signing them and making them look like loving stars!

This isn't even getting into super valuable vets like Jericho, Christian Cage, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, etc. who WWE thought had nothing left to contribute. And, of course, Mr. Brodie Lee. :911:

I like to note that in the last decade, they've taken top tier indy talent and been constantly unable to get them to a level of fan reaction enjoyed by such luminaries as Marty Janetty, Brutus Beefcake, and King Mabel.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

Single numbers are always easy to explain away. What should be worrying the hell out of people in the company is the trendlines. The bad thing isn't that this week's viewership was the worst ever, it's that the worst ever viewership isn't *much* worse than the weeks around it.

This should be worrying given the long-term trends, but the real hosed thing is that the breaking point never seems to come. Realistically, are there any other shows that could drive away over half their audience in a couple of years and still get the kind of deals that the WWE gets?

Guess it just goes to show how much more money than sense if floating around in the economy nowadays.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The content bubble will burst someday. Eventually they’ll realize spending a billion dollars on content nobody watches probably isn’t worth it. And when Vince dies nobody will want to give his fail children the same kind of money.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's darkly funny the McMahons are so cozy with Trump, since they both perpetually fail upwards on the back of "It's fine to give me money because my brand is very successful if you take me at my word and don't actually look at it"

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Liquid Communism posted:

I like to note that in the last decade, they've taken top tier indy talent and been constantly unable to get them to a level of fan reaction enjoyed by such luminaries as Marty Janetty, Brutus Beefcake, and King Mabel.

It makes me sad that Jannetty is looked at so badly. Yes he's a total gently caress up, but he was bloody brilliant as part of The Rockers. His pops were well deserved.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DeathChicken posted:

It's darkly funny the McMahons are so cozy with Trump, since they both perpetually fail upwards on the back of "It's fine to give me money because my brand is very successful if you take me at my word and don't actually look at it"

To think that it was Vince who was the real Americal Dream all along.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There's just.....zero momentum with WWE right now. The shows suck, the creative's stale, their roster seems like it has 20 people left who all face each other, the ratings are in the toilet, and they weren't even the first to get back on the road. What's something good going on with WWE that people like? Anything?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

D.N. Nation posted:

There's just.....zero momentum with WWE right now. The shows suck, the creative's stale, their roster seems like it has 20 people left who all face each other, the ratings are in the toilet, and they weren't even the first to get back on the road. What's something good going on with WWE that people like? Anything?

Kofi is apparently making lemonade from the lemons they’re giving him as lashley’s next random weak challenger

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah that could be a cool long-term storyline but more likely Lashley'll beat him in 7 minutes and it'll be back to goofy New Day stuff.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

D.N. Nation posted:

People absolutely love the Roman Reigns stuff even though it's basically just the same poo poo every week with a different Uso depending on which ones had a DUI this week...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

D.N. Nation posted:

i've basically just resorted to watching clips on reddit, but even those are hard to get through

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Riddle stuff with Orton is kinda funny but it’s also Matt Riddle so yeah

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can only take a few of the clips that get posted here every week. THE EVIL IS MINE is the worst loving catchphrase in wrestling

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah that could be a cool long-term storyline but more likely Lashley'll beat him in 7 minutes and it'll be back to goofy New Day stuff.

I kinda feel like they're heading towards a Kofi turn