Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

There's going to be a bit of bitter irony coming from most of the boomer generation getting Astrazeneca and the young mostly getting the considerably more variant-proof Pfizer, when the next big variant comes around the flag waving FREEDOM lot are going to be in a much worse position than most of us

Not just the old. The young vulnerable also got Astra. If I was being cynical i'd say it was a calculated decision. They gave Pfizer to the ones they want to keep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

until there’s a team of orphaned cancer survivors I’m p sure any other team of flair flippers with racist fans can be slotted in easily

The way people talk about Denmark, you'd think they were orphaned cancer survivors.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Not just the old. The young vulnerable also got Astra. If I was being cynical i'd say it was a calculated decision. They gave Pfizer to the ones they want to keep.

I'm 38 and got Astra so this sucks.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

DrVenkman posted:

I'm 38 and got Astra so this sucks.

Yeah I'm hoping for some sort of mrna booster at some point soon really.

Thought I was being helpful by going on the reserve list to take odd spare slots rather than leaping at an NHS worker appointment but jokes on me!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

love to go on national television and tell everyone that caring about islamophobia is fantasy politics

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1413084801993777155?s=20

I hope the Labour right knows that sometimes it’s best not to create boogeyman especially if you’re floundering people might decide to investigate boogeyman and like what they see.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1413139148706250759

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
To be fair they probably couldn’t get through on the phone and then got told off to gently caress off and call the number by a receptionist via the intercom when they gave up and went down same as everyone else.

It was catch 22, had to go in to get the registration forms but were not allowed in unless it was for an appointment BECAUSE OF COVID*

*because the GPs were playing golf.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Not sure. The tories going full 'Open up' as soon as 50+ demos were vaxed seemed like they only cared about their voters, this seems like it could throw a wrench in their plan.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
what does it mean for a football team to be charged exactly? like, what's the sanction?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Banning fans from matches is the usual. Which will certainly make it interesting for the laser guy if the gammon army can’t go to the final.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

learnincurve posted:

Banning fans from matches is the usual. Which will certainly make it interesting for the laser guy if the gammon army can’t go to the final.
It should disqualify the team.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It should disqualify the team.

Excuse me while I and a friend get tickets to every game and shine lasers in every goalkeeper's face, apart from the team England is playing, causing England to win by default for a total cost of under £20,000

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1413196603754795010

lmao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bojo saying we will get a bank holiday if england win is like so much additional pressure on the team lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jakabite posted:

Excuse me while I and a friend get tickets to every game and shine lasers in every goalkeeper's face, apart from the team England is playing, causing England to win by default for a total cost of under £20,000
The disqualification should be based on the nationality of the perpetrator. Englishman --> English disqualification, no matter what match it happened at. National teams, national punishment.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The disqualification should be based on the nationality of the perpetrator. Englishman --> English disqualification, no matter what match it happened at. National teams, national punishment.

It's only fair

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Excuse me while I hire a person of each other nationality to shine a laser at someone, for only a few tens of thousands more. I assume this is a joke though

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jakabite posted:

Excuse me while I hire a person of each other nationality to shine a laser at someone, for only a few tens of thousands more. I assume this is a joke though
It’s not. If you make a tournament where people are meant to feel as if it’s their win too, then you need to make them count as part of the team. It’s the only way to make fans accountable in a way that matters.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I feel like getting England sport fans either really elated or crushed right before throwing the country into a massive and very long winter virus wave might have some consequences but hosed if I know for who.

Domestic violence victims is a cert sadly, but perhaps there might just be consequences for someone who deserves it?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

English fans over the team kneeling before kick-off in support of BLM: Keep politics out of football.

English fans after reaching the final: This is down to Brexit. Strong Britain, proud nation. 1966, last time we won before joining the dreaded EU.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I hadn't realised Keith was in Belfast today and visiting a school a very short distance from our house. Would have loved to meet him in person and see if he really is as damp as he looks in every photo.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
punishing literally tens of millions of people for the behaviour of some dickhead with a laser pointer is dumb as gently caress, op

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jakabite posted:

punishing literally tens of millions of people for the behaviour of some dickhead with a laser pointer is dumb as gently caress, op

its only a small, small fraction of what pedophile island deserves

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Jakabite posted:

idk, this sounds similar to the government's covid strategy

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

namesake posted:

but perhaps there might just be consequences for someone who deserves it?

WTF

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I chose to believe I'd misinterpreted this/it was just poorly written, rather than the more horrifying option.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jakabite posted:

I chose to believe I'd misinterpreted this/it was just poorly written, rather than the more horrifying option.

I was expressing incredulity at the idea that anyone responsible might ever face consequences, and that noted Good Poster namesake could ever entertain such an obvious impossibility

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

namesake posted:

Domestic violence victims is a cert sadly, but perhaps there might just be consequences for someone who deserves it?

lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

I've phrased that very badly it seems but there is a established link between England losing at high profile sporting events and increases in domestic violence incidents. They will sadly face the consequences of the game taking place but I was flippantly hoping that 'consequences' for nationalism and murderous public health policy might be felt by those response for causing it.

Sorry for any offence from the confusion.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I hadn't realised Keith was in Belfast today and visiting a school a very short distance from our house. Would have loved to meet him in person and see if he really is as damp as he looks in every photo.

I've met him and he is

also very short

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its only a small, small fraction of what pedophile island deserves

Should be treating England like an international pariah and ban them from sports tbh.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
These posts just make me want to get even more obnoxious about it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i always knew we were the best at football but its finally been confirmed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
1. england wins the world cup
2. the rest of the world contains england in an impenetrable dome.

everyone's happy!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jose posted:

These posts just make me want to get even more obnoxious about it

:hfive:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anti commies need to be punished

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

namesake posted:

I've phrased that very badly it seems but there is a established link between England losing at high profile sporting events and increases in domestic violence incidents. They will sadly face the consequences of the game taking place but I was flippantly hoping that 'consequences' for nationalism and murderous public health policy might be felt by those response for causing it.

Sorry for any offence from the confusion.

I think the last time that 'stat' came up, it turned out to be 'adapted' from a flawed study on the NFL.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh please, anyone who lives on a council estate knows that one’s true. Along with all the statistics about DA not being reported.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

1. england wins the world cup
2. the rest of the world contains england in an impenetrable dome.

everyone's happy!
I love the dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Oh please, anyone who lives on a council estate knows that one’s true.

Some telling assumptions built-in to this.