Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm up in this superflex PPR Dynasty marathon draft, my roster is:
Burrow, Wilzon
Cook, Swift, Jacobs
Ja'Marr Chase Claypool
no TE

We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and have two flex spots in addition to the superflex spot.

Trey Sermon and Laviska Shenault are both available and I want both but obviously can only have one. I need more WRs and would love to have the homer pick; Shenault has hype but I feel like its well founded because he did fairly well last year considering the whole covid situation and the revolving door of bad QB play. However, Sermon might become the bellcow in SF. I also badly need a TE and the next best available TE is Irv Smith, who might be great this year with Rudolph gone and no clear WR3 in Minny, and the TE position is pretty thin after him.

After typing that out I am leaning Shenault, but what do people think?

You need another QB way more than Irv Smith or Shenault, who is best available? You're actually in a fairly weird roster spot, because Cook and Jacobs are saying you need to win now, but your QBs and Chase are probably not going to be high end guys for a while. Someone like Shenault isn't going to get you out of the mid table mediocrity, too good to get premium rookie picks but not food enough to seriously contend (and more specifically, I wouldn't buy into any Jags receivers for significant cost just yet, Chark was the presumed stud going into last year, and it's a whole new team so who knows who will be the top dude). Who are like the best 10 available at QB and WR?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Someone contacted me about trading me 9.10 and 12.3 for 8.9, which I am also pondering.

Re: Shenault vs Sermon: yeah I like both on potential, but they both also have asterisks/concerns

sourdough posted:

You need another QB way more than Irv Smith or Shenault, who is best available? You're actually in a fairly weird roster spot, because Cook and Jacobs are saying you need to win now, but your QBs and Chase are probably not going to be high end guys for a while. Who are like the best 10 available at QB and WR?
QBs have been hot and the position is currently a wasteland, those that are left are:
Ryan
Carr
Goff
Winston
Roeth
Love
Fitz
Newton
Hill
Trask
Bridgewater

As for WR:
Juju
Thielen
Shenault
Bateman
Beckham
D Samuel
Pittman
Boyd
C Samuel
Anderson
R Moore
E Moore
C Samuel

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Deebo baby

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I pick again at 9.4 and the guys between me and then are loaded at WR so Deebo is on The List for 9.4.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

While I agree about the third QB being a priority, I'm wondering if Michael Carter is available. He's the dynasty running back that I'd be targeting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

While I agree about the third QB being a priority, I'm wondering if Michael Carter is available. He's the dynasty running back that I'd be targeting.
He's four RBs down the list right now and he is on my radar too, though I already have the Jets QB so as mentioned upthread I am leery about taking a RB from the team, too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Someone contacted me about trading me 9.10 and 12.3 for 8.9, which I am also pondering.

Re: Shenault vs Sermon: yeah I like both on potential, but they both also have asterisks/concerns

QBs have been hot and the position is currently a wasteland, those that are left are:
Ryan
Carr
Goff
Winston
Roeth
Love
Fitz
Newton
Hill
Trask
Bridgewater

As for WR:
Juju
Thielen
Shenault
Bateman
Beckham
D Samuel
Pittman
Boyd
C Samuel
Anderson
R Moore
E Moore
C Samuel

I'd easily go Juju, Obj, and Deebo over Laviska, fwiw. I also think you need to seriously consider your window when it comes to the QB wasteland. Ryan would be your QB1 for the next two years most likely, doesn't look like the Falcons are getting out of his deal until at least after 2022, even then it'd be costly. Carr and Winston both carry tons of risk, but could also easily be your best scoring QBs.

If it were me, I'd absolutely be taking Ryan (it's a fairly big tier break after him in terms of uncertainty), then probably Juju or Beckham (though maybe Carr or Winston). The alternative is relying on Bengals soph QB coming off an acl tear (I do actually really like him but temper expectations in the short term!) and Jets rookie QB to be your every week starters...it's just not a good position to be in. If that's the direction you want to go, you should be selling Cook for a haul and targeting an early 22 pick for yourself (edit: not necessarily during this draft, though, unless a great offer comes your way, in season likely gets you a better return).

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 8, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thank you for all of the input, gentlement!

sourdough posted:

I'd easily go Juju, Obj, and Deebo over Laviska, fwiw. I also think you need to seriously consider your window when it comes to the QB wasteland. Ryan would be your QB1 for the next two years most likely, doesn't look like the Falcons are getting out of his deal until at least after 2022, even then it'd be costly. Carr and Winston both carry tons of risk, but could also easily be your best scoring QBs.

If it were me, I'd absolutely be taking Ryan (it's a fairly big tier break after him in terms of uncertainty), then probably Juju or Beckham (though maybe Carr or Winston). The alternative is relying on Bengals soph QB coming off an acl tear (I do actually really like him but temper expectations in the short term!) and Jets rookie QB to be your every week starters...it's just not a good position to be in. If that's the direction you want to go, you should be selling Cook for a haul and targeting an early 22 pick for yourself (edit: not necessarily during this draft, though, unless a great offer comes your way, in season likely gets you a better return).
Yeah I took Cook because I wanted the value at that pick and my hope is that I will be able to trade him to a contender either in-season or at least before next year's draft - there are a bunch of people badly short on RBs (which was part of why I was considering Sermon - to have a backup RB option and/or more trade fodder).

I got a good offer to move back one spot and move up 6 spots in a few rounds which let my trade partner grab Ryan, so I took Carr. I may come to regret this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 8, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Thank you for all of the input, gentlement!

Yeah I took Cook because I wanted the value at that pick and my hope is that I will be able to trade him to a contender either in-season or at least before next year's draft - there are a bunch of people badly short on RBs (which was part of why I was considering Sermon - to have a backup RB option and/or more trade fodder).

I got a good offer to move back one spot and move up 6 spots in a few rounds which let my trade partner grab Ryan, so I took Carr. I may come to regret this.

I'd rather have Carr anyway. Ryan feels done and since you aren't in win now, Ryan is a waste of a mid round pick

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is there a "league has an opening" thread anywhere or is this the place?

6ish year old IDP dynasty league has an opening coming up. Has 1.13 and 1.08 and a pretty drat good team.

Team is Brick Squad:
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0010

I will edit a bookmark in here for the forum thread. It's got loads of rules that all come down to not being a dick. Just us patching ways that we found could create fuckery.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=141&perpage=40

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spermy Smurf posted:

6ish year old IDP dynasty league has an opening coming up. Has 1.13 and 1.08 and a pretty drat good team.

Team is Brick Squad:

I will edit a bookmark in here for the forum thread. It's got loads of rules that all come down to not being a dick. Just us patching ways that we found could create fuckery.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=141&perpage=40

I’ve only played redraft but I’d be interested!

I know nothing about dynasty so I might suck while I figure it out but I wouldn’t flake out

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 9, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm laughing so hard I'm almost in tears. The guy drafting 12th in this dynasty startup is really good at fantasy - he's in multiple redraft leagues and tends to win at least one of them every year, and he is hyper-competitive. He's been impatient about the draft going so slow. He is a Steelers fan that missed out on drafting Najee by one pick. After the first five rounds he had not picked a QB so I messaged him and was like "you know its superflex and dynasty, right?" and he responded with "Yeah I know, I just feel like QBs are overvalued. I'm going with the vaunted "zero QB" strategy"; he took his first QB with the first pick of the 7th round.... Baker Mayfield.
QBs have continued to go on a run as people get their second and third; at the end of the eighth round I had the 9th pick and I talked to the 10th and 11th picks about taking QBs (which is how I got to move up 6 spots in the 12th to let the guy with the 10th pick move up one slot to take Ryan, who I was iffy on) and we joked that we were conspiring to force #12 to take Goff.

We just waited all afternoon for #12 to make his picks.

He took Goff with the first pick in the 9th.

edit: and I will laugh my rear end off it Irv Smith, Trey Sermon, and Laviska all make it back around to me, which at this point, one of them has to...

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 9, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Baker and Goff is... alright. It's not the best but he could have 2 guys between QB14 and QB20. I've been there, you can win with that pretty easily.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Now you gotta post his team, maybe it's actually awesome

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sourdough posted:

Now you gotta post his team, maybe it's actually awesome

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

RB1-B in cleveland over grabbing a QB in superflex followed up by Baker.

I don't think Baker is even a bad QB2 option but I love the brutal lesson he's going to learn.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Well, at least having back to back picks means he might have missed good value at QB at each of his picks, got caught by QB runs. Really don't like that he doesn't have a strong RB2 after ignoring QB so long. But I don't hate that roster :shobon:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Looking for more people for a dynasty best ball start-up. Superflex, 1ppr/1.5ppr TE, $20 buy in.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This dynasty startup draft has continued in fits and starts. I have traded back several times when the player I wanted was gone and the next one I wanted that would be gone by my next pick was available and unlikely to get picked if I moved back. We're now about to finish up round 10; I have only made 4 picks in my original draft slot. I have traded back enough that I turned my 14.9 into 13.5, and already have 13.4, so I'm excited about that because there are several players I want in that range.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

This dynasty startup draft has continued in fits and starts. I have traded back several times when the player I wanted was gone and the next one I wanted that would be gone by my next pick was available and unlikely to get picked if I moved back. We're now about to finish up round 10; I have only made 4 picks in my original draft slot. I have traded back enough that I turned my 14.9 into 13.5, and already have 13.4, so I'm excited about that because there are several players I want in that range.

That's the best way to play, at least from my extremely limited dynasty startup perspective

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I need a TE and Hunter Henry is still available at 11.12 in this Dynasty Premium TE. He's lingered for a while and I can understand why considering his injury history and the offense he will be in. I am tempted to pick Cole Kmet instead because of the potential pairing with Fields. Anyone have any strong thoughts going either direction?

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's the best way to play, at least from my extremely limited dynasty startup perspective
I just got burned by trading back too far for the first time - instead of just taking Darnell Mooney about 20 picks ahead of his ADP I traded back 8 picks and hoped he would still be there, but got snapped up.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
As a Pats fan, I expect Henry to be a better real life football player than fantasy player. I think Jonnu will see higher volume and a larger role in the red zone and Henry won't really stand out among the TE2 options without injuries to Jonnu or the Pats' WRs.

Cole Kmet and the Saints' Adam Trautman are probably the best bets for "young TE about to break out" in that range. I'm a Trautman guy and would lean him over Kmet but I like both as options that could retain value for several years. As for veteran options going in that range or later that are probably underrated, I like Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett. Now that they're not contending with each other and they both got QB upgrades, they could take that next step forward as TEs (although Higbee will have Jacob Harris breathing down his neck by next year).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tiptoes posted:

As a Pats fan, I expect Henry to be a better real life football player than fantasy player. I think Jonnu will see higher volume and a larger role in the red zone and Henry won't really stand out among the TE2 options without injuries to Jonnu or the Pats' WRs.

Cole Kmet and the Saints' Adam Trautman are probably the best bets for "young TE about to break out" in that range. I'm a Trautman guy and would lean him over Kmet but I like both as options that could retain value for several years. As for veteran options going in that range or later that are probably underrated, I like Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett. Now that they're not contending with each other and they both got QB upgrades, they could take that next step forward as TEs (although Higbee will have Jacob Harris breathing down his neck by next year).
Thanks for the thoughts, that actually remarkably mirrors my thinking/planning. I'm going to go with Kmet with this pick. I have three picks in the next ~15 and I was planning on taking one of the other three non-Patriot TEs you just listed. Probably Troutman because my team is mostly young, I could see Higbee being a cap casualty next year if Harris is looking good, and in Seattle Everett could end up sharing snaps with Dissly... if Dissly can stay healthy.

I'm also all aboard the Firkser train in TN.

edit: with these the upcoming picks in probably going to go for Troutman, Gage, and Bridgewater. Though I may find a WR to take instead of Bridgewater since I already have Burrow, Wilzon, and Carr.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 11, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Don't bother with Teddy. He's maybe starting 8 games before Denver tries for a replacement after the season. A pick better spent on a potential deep sleeper. Like seriously Jordan Love has potential at least.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Also Jacob Harris is going to be a must-have stash in a TE premium league. I would target him aggressively when people start going after this year's rookies.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't bother with Teddy. He's maybe starting 8 games before Denver tries for a replacement after the season. A pick better spent on a potential deep sleeper. Like seriously Jordan Love has potential at least.
Good point. Backup RBs have started going so I'll swap Teddy out with Mattison.

Tiptoes posted:

Also Jacob Harris is going to be a must-have stash in a TE premium league. I would target him aggressively when people start going after this year's rookies.
Duly noted, thank you!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alright I just got to do my back-to-picks in the 13th round due to moving a bunch of picks up thanks to trading back earlier on (I turned my 14.9 into 13.5 and I am very proud of myself lol). Here is my current roster so far for this 12 man Dynasty Superflex Premium TE PPR league startup draft:
QB: Burrow, Wilzon (R), Carr
RB: Cook, Swift, Jacobs, Michael Carter (R), Mattison
WR: Chase (R), Claypool, Terrace Marshall (R), Hardman, Gage
TE: Kmet

Feeling a little weak at WR and especially at TE.

Regarding WRs: Chase is a rookie but I'm hoping that with his chemistry with Burrow he'll still put up some decent numbers. Claypool is a bit of a wildcard because Big Ben is old but I think Claypool could be great considering he was pretty good last year when you consider being a rookie in a covid-hosed season. I am not expecting Marshall to contribute much this year but he has promise and Robby Anderson is on the last year of his deal so I grabbed him; I targeted Hardman and Gage so I'd have a pair of starting-WR-on-a-frequently-passing team; they may not be great but they'll hopefully help keep me competitive paired with my RB corps.

Regarding TEs: Kmet will probably need another year (and maybe a new HC in Chicago) before he really picks it up, especially since the Bears didnt take the free cap relief by cutting Jimmy Graham. I'm planning on trying to eventually pick up at least one TE out of each of the two following brackets of the following guys so I have depth/more options for the future if Kmet turns out bad or Chicago's Offense continues to be dysfunctional: [Everrett, Knox, Firkser] | [Tom Tremble, Hunter Long, Jacob Harris, Tre' McKitty]

My next pick will probably be Jamaal Williams to back up Swift, but I am also tempted by D'Wayne Eskridge since I need more WR help. These two are 180 and 179 ADP, respectively; my next pick is around 168 but people have been cherrypicking Their Guy lately so I dont think I can get both (and I think I should take the backup RB first since I already have a lot of youth at WR). If they would both somehow be gone I'll take a depth WR or one of the TEs from the first group above.

I'm also hoping to get a Tutu Atwell or Van Jefferson to have a pass catcher on that Rams offense - DJax *will* get hurt, and if Woods or Kupp get hurt either of these fellas could be in store for a surprisingly good season. I also have a smattering of guys that might either be in position to contribute this year, could see expanded roles next year, I just feel like they are good to take a flyer on, or whatever. Guys like Gardner Minshew, Javian Hawkins, Quintez Cephus, Breshad Perriman, Jakobi Meyers (who I'm a big fan of, he kinda came out of nowhere last year to have a decent second-half of the season and there are opportunities at WR in NE), Gerrid Doaks, DeeJay Dallas, Demarcus Robinson, Keelan Cole, Samaje Perine, Damien Williams

Alright that ended up being more words than I intended, but does all that make sense? I'm trying to feel out how to best handle the back half of this startup draft because I dont want to end up missing something important or picking the wrong kind of players in this phase of "there arent many fantasy worthy starters here forward".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

When I say deep sleepers and potential I mean rookie - 2nd year guys. Guys who might end up starters like Eskridge (who I liked in the draft) and Atwell. Wasn't aware that people were feeling this low on Van Jefferson bit he'd fit what I was trying to describe. Cultivate those draft crushes you had back in April and let them come into full bloom now.

If the jags finally scrap Minshew for whoever is offering a day 3 his prospects would start to look up to.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 12, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

When I say deep sleepers and potential I mean rookie - 2nd year guys. Guys who might end up starters like Eskridge (who I liked in the draft) and Atwell. Wasn't aware that people were feeling this low on Van Jefferson bit he'd fit what I was trying to describe. Cultivate those draft crushes you had back in April and let them come into full bloom now.

If the jags finally scrap Minshew for whoever is offering a day 3 his prospects would start to look up to.
Yeah I might take a flyer on Minshew depending on who is available when. The main reason I am considering Jamaal Williams is because its a 17 game season and it was already hard for RBs to make it the whole year without missing a game here or there and because Jamaal is going to be a "compliment" to Swift so depending on how much Goff is dumping off there is a chance they both end up fantasy viable. And because they currently dont have any other RBs of note on the roster.

I may trade up a few picks to try to get both Jamaal and Eskridge, but I think I'm going to take Jamaal first for the RB insurance.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Team is Brick Squad:

This is still open if anyone wants it. It's a top tier team, playoff ready.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I am really hesitant to draft any Lions or Jets players anywhere near their ADP. Or Texans

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I know I am nominating Deshaun first in our dynasty auction

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Everrett and Knox went early so I had to take Firkser early otherwise I'd be left relying on Kmet and a bunch of nobodies. Pray for my TE room. I got Eskridge but I'm not sure it was worth missing out on so many options at TE. Tutu Atwell went so I have to hope that Van Jefferson makes it to my next pick since I wanted a player from that Ram's receiving room and dont have one yet. Though I'm still going to try to get Jacob Harris.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 17, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm doing an experiment: Whenever I have time I jump into an all-bot Yahoo auction and bid $186 on Dwayne Haskins and drop out.

I'm hoping to gain insight on how Yahoo! gets it's proj. salary. Also it'd be really funny to run up the price of Dwayne Haskins!

Also, if anyone is in a mock auction with mostly humans (1-2 bots is okay). I'd greatly appreciate you sending me the results. I'm part of a team of people analyzing human data to get you real, actual trends that aren't affected by all the horrible bot bidders.

Finally, if anyone wants to mock and obviously hates bots in mocktions, message me. I've amassed a group of mocktioneers and we can usually fill a 12-team. Human-based data is rare and valuable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have three picks coming up in the next 17 and I am tempted to use two of them to help fill up my Taxi Squad with rookie TEs Tre' McKitty and Jacob Harris, with eyes to take Kylen Gransen with my next pick (that is like 20 picks after the third of these three upcoming. I already have Hunter Long because every other TE on the Dolphins is on the last year of their contract. How stupid would it be to have 4 rookie TEs when I already have Kmet and Firkser on my roster?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Edit: Think I figured it out, it won’t force an auto-pick twice in a row. Mystery solved.

Got a bit of an ethical question here, and also, whether or not I’m imagining things. Sleeper app related.

I’m in a dynasty league (non-goon), and there are three commishes. There have been a few fishy things I’ve noticed, but not really any proof, but I get the idea there may be some communication going on between these three.

The latest involved auto pick firing. We’re on a one hour timer, and a couple of people have ran out of time and auto turned on as expected.

In the screenshot below, you can see this happening for the team in yellow. They ran out of time, auto fired and grabbed Anthony Miller.

The next thing that happens is in green, for one of the three commissioners. They ran out of time, it picked Thaddeus Moss. Now, as I understand how it works is that auto should have stayed on and fired immediately where the pick in red is. It did not.

Finally, the team in yellow who had auto pick grab Miller fires and grabs James Washington.

Is that weird to anyone else? It seems like one of the other commissioners would have had to intervene for the commish at the corner, but didn’t for the team in yellow.

Just looking for a sanity check here, or maybe I’m not understanding how that works in Sleeper.

generic one fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 17, 2021

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I have three picks coming up in the next 17 and I am tempted to use two of them to help fill up my Taxi Squad with rookie TEs Tre' McKitty and Jacob Harris, with eyes to take Kylen Gransen with my next pick (that is like 20 picks after the third of these three upcoming. I already have Hunter Long because every other TE on the Dolphins is on the last year of their contract. How stupid would it be to have 4 rookie TEs when I already have Kmet and Firkser on my roster?
It's not stupid at all. On a dynasty roster, you're going to want multiple guys with long term paths to viability cause you're not going to be able to get replacement level TE production from a rookie draft like you can RB/WR. If you have the roster space and you're not costing yourself swings at quality RB/WR prospects, hoarding young TE assets could really pay off over time even if only as trade chips to use in larger packages.

That being said, I would honestly have McKitty last of the names you listed and he's one of those rookie TEs you probably don't need at all. He has a great name and the highest draft capital but he's a blocking TE with a very 'meh' athletic profile.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/...6bf2d9dd4e.html posted:

“One of the best things he does is really block at the line of scrimmage,” Telesco said during a virtual press conference on chargers.com. “Very good size, strength, power, good feet to stay on blocks and he likes to do it and you can tell. That position is very hard to find nowadays in college. A lot of the tight ends are out in the slot and they are excellent receivers but we do need somebody to kind of handle that role at the line of scrimmage.

Once you have rookies like Hunter Long and Jacob Harris on the same team, you can probably call it a day but Granson, the Chiefs' Noah Gray, or the Jets' Kenny Yeboah are all worth taking late swings at. And if you want a young TE attached to Justin Herbert who is basically free in a startup draft, you can stash Donald Parham Jr (a 6'8" giant with a significantly better receiving profile).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

generic one posted:

Got a bit of an ethical question here, and also, whether or not I’m imagining things. Sleeper app related.

I’m in a dynasty league (non-goon), and there are three commishes. There have been a few fishy things I’ve noticed, but not really any proof, but I get the idea there may be some communication going on between these three.

The latest involved auto pick firing. We’re on a one hour timer, and a couple of people have ran out of time and auto turned on as expected.

In the screenshot below, you can see this happening for the team in yellow. They ran out of time, auto fired and grabbed Anthony Miller.

The next thing that happens is in green, for one of the three commissioners. They ran out of time, it picked Thaddeus Moss. Now, as I understand how it works is that auto should have stayed on and fired immediately where the pick in red is. It did not.

Finally, the team in yellow who had auto pick grab Miller fires and grabs James Washington.

Is that weird to anyone else? It seems like one of the other commissioners would have had to intervene for the commish at the corner, but didn’t for the team in yellow.

Just looking for a sanity check here, or maybe I’m not understanding how that works in Sleeper.

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but if it's an hour per pick, why would the team's second pick be autodrafted for them immediately? They timed out on the Moss pick but got their next one in before another hour had elapsed

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

sourdough posted:

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but if it's an hour per pick, why would the team's second pick be autodrafted for them immediately? They timed out on the Moss pick but got their next one in before another hour had elapsed

Auto pick stays on once it fires, unless you go in and change it before it fires again. That’s how it’s worked so far. So, with team yellow, they didn’t get another hour, it fired immediately on the James Washington pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think Noah Gray is going to play in KC just from what I have been hearing. The coaches are raving about his route running ability and the fact that they didn’t get Juju to be that big second receiver I think they are going to try to work in Noah Grey in a lot of situations. Remember that the Chiefs traded up to get him