Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Blaise330 posted:

Buddy Murphy says the show was so horrible he'd keep up with WWE storylines by watching youtubers summarize it cause he couldn't watch it. Killian Dain says sometimes they'd watch AEW.

I can't help but imagine people in the back crowded around a TV watching AEW while hovering on the "last channel" button on the remote in case someone walked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

explosivo posted:

I can't help but imagine people in the back crowded around a TV watching AEW while hovering on the "last channel" button on the remote in case someone walked in.

Didn't that literally happen back in the monday night wars?

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

explosivo posted:

I can't help but imagine people in the back standing five feet to the side of a TV watching AEW while hovering on the "last channel" button on the remote in case someone walked in.

Fixed because it's still WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

explosivo posted:

And it’s easy to press because it’s HHH and Road Dogg’s TV so the remote is gigantic and the buttons are 3 inch by 3 inch

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I still can't believe how hard WWE dropped the ball with Aleister Black. A guy who has basically everything the WWE could want, who was insanely over with live crowds, merch sold well, and its seemingly like they forgot all this over the pandemic and just let him go. Same thing happening with Keith Lee.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 9, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I can believe it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"I just don't understand the tall, spooky, tattoo'd man" says Vince, unaware of why he's got the sudden urge to call The Undertaker and convince him to do one last match

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when people were dead certain even WWE couldn't gently caress up Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can believe it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

Remember when people were dead certain even WWE couldn't gently caress up Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley?

Hey, to be fair, they didn't give Keith Lee a dancing gimmick ... yet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Keith Lee is so easy to book, it’s amazing. Put the dude in a clusterfuck with a bunch of cruisers and let him toss dudes.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

I can believe it

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Blaise330 posted:

Buddy Murphy says the show was so horrible he'd keep up with WWE storylines by watching youtubers summarize it cause he couldn't watch it. Killian Dain says sometimes they'd watch AEW.

<Copy+paste late era WCW here>

coconono posted:

short of killing someone live on network television, I'm not sure what else WWE can do to stop the bleeding.

Please don't tempt Vince.

rotinaj posted:

book good storylines and treat their talent with respect, while also not talking down to or insulting the audience

and while I'm asking for impossible things, fire kevin dunn so the camera shots stop being terrible

Armitage posted:

Pretty much this, tried and true would likely help.

Of course, this means Vince McMahon's going to have to step down, and, welp.

Pages ago or so people talked about how WWE keeps booting "forever losers" who then go on to do great things. Not just PAC and Mox but formerly known as Darren Young and CJ Freakin Parker for god's sake! Vince is the issue. Nobody can write anything that he won't tear up in a fit of rage or whimsy and only his brainworms can decipher who gets a push and not. Sadly, as crazy as Vincent Kennedy is nothing will improve once he is gone. He has poisoned the environment so deeply that is ruins every aspect. In older versions of this thread we had glassdoor reviews and numerous people bitch about how toxic it is. I remember the consensus was that you have guys that have been there for centuries and don't want to do anything or you have guys doing GoT Littlefinger cosplay. Vince dies and you got tons of people who will just continue the status quo because that is how "things are done here" and "what ol Vince would have done." Fire Dunn? Then you got a whole trailer full of monkeys who learned the trade from Dunn and will continue the same BS. Hell even Trips has learned decades worth of bad habits and more than like would just continue the same ol same ol until his daughters started wrestling and then they would get Charlotte pushes. Don't look to NotTony Khan to save WWE as he is just a suit and has no love of wrestling, "sports entertainment" or whatever wwe is.

As far as saving WWE from itself: why? It would take someone akin to the "legend of VKM: genius extraordinaire" to fix WWE and he would have to work ten times harder than if he just trashed it and rebuilt something else. Even the name WWE reeks of mismanagement and failure at this point. It is failing and only coasting it's current deals due to desperation on the part of broadcasters and grifting by WWE heads. AEW is succeeding on a smaller scale but still growing so there is a fanbase that exists. I know if I was a multimillionaire who wanted to do some wrassling I'd buy the massive library of WWE and all those companies it gobbled up but still create my own company. If that theoretical new company got a streaming deal then you would have an insane amount of content to add: WCCW, WCW, ECW, WWF post Bruno to late Attitude/early Ruthless Aggression. As far as keeping the WWE itself as an active promotion? gently caress that. Burn it to the ground and create something new. With the insane amount of talent being wasted you could create so many new promotions or revitalize old ones. Dbry and New Day showing up in Japan or AEW would be insane but those guys alone could grab a few lesser knowns and start their own company. Shinsuke could return to Japan and have an insane return pop and a pick of classic style feuds to try and prove he still has it. Corbin, as much as I dislike him, could redo the old Matt Hardy ROH run and I get the feeling he would be really good at it. Sometimes you gotta amputate. The limb is dead and just going to poison the rest of you if you don't.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 9, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Hey, to be fair, they didn't give Keith Lee a dancing gimmick ... yet

They won’t give him any gimmick ever again

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Here’s how I’d fix WWE: turn it to ash

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chris James 2 posted:

They won’t give him any gimmick ever again

seeing his debut on raw coming out in a singlet with buttrock was incredibly disappointing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe if WWE fired Jeff Jarrett, it'd get better. That dude let TNA go to the dogs, leaves for the Global Force project which was also a shitshow and now he's in WWE which can't even keep contracts straight.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope one of the talent snaps and beats Vince to death

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

but then again, people claimed Heyman was a genius when all he did was steal one liners from an open mic down the road from the Arena. Oh and keep everyone hosed up on drugs so they'd act goofy.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I saw a bit of the innerworkings of a production truck and while they were focused on the action that they were paid for and had to do camera cuts and replay, there was a separate screen for other channels so whoever's in the truck probably saw what AEW was doing when NXT was up against them

bartok
May 10, 2006

When was the last time WWE didn't screw up a sure thing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

bartok posted:

When was the last time WWE didn't screw up a sure thing?

Bianca Belair at mania a few months ago

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

yeah agreed

now the issue is shes got no one to feud with

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cole botched calling the finish. No points awarded.

I love that match.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Not much of a face, Nick Jr.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Cole botched calling the finish. No points awarded.

legitimately one of the funniest things i've seen in wrestling, absolute golden comedy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

"I just don't understand the tall, spooky, tattoo'd man" says Vince, unaware of why he's got the sudden urge to call The Undertaker and convince him to do one last match

My theory is that Vince doesn't respect kicks.

A big roundhouse spin kick confuses and annoys him because he is one of those men who grew up just before Bruce Lee made it big and still thinks a left hook all you need.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Gonzo McFee posted:

My theory is that Vince doesn't respect kicks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I think that's the desire. WWE is a backwards company.

If they call you to fire you, you can get unfired if you cut a promo on them or just straight up fight them.

if you don't like the angle you're in, threaten to fight someone in creative, suddenly you've got your own book and pencil

if you don't like working WWE, leave and then they'll show up with better contractual terms.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't work for chainz

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Biden admin is pursuing ending non competes, could this effect WWE?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cavauro posted:

didn't work for Nailz

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

coconono posted:

but then again, people claimed Heyman was a genius when all he did was steal one liners from an open mic down the road from the Arena. Oh and keep everyone hosed up on drugs so they'd act goofy.

paul heyman came up with 911, a big guy with a mullet and a goatee and a beer belly who would come out and chokeslam undercard geeks because the crowd was getting bored and called 911, objectively one of the greatest gimmicks of all time, so it kinda balances out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for calling nailz chains, 8-ball, skull, and bulk

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Blaise330 posted:

Buddy Murphy says the show was so horrible he'd keep up with WWE storylines by watching youtubers summarize it cause he couldn't watch it.

always wondered who watched these shows

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Biden admin is pursuing ending non competes, could this effect WWE?

Pure speculation but on paper you'd think it means wrestlers can take bookings outside WWE and Vince won't be able to stop them, maybe also let them do things like Twitch again.

Then again, based on past history WWE will probably just ignore this and face no consequences for it while the wrestlers will continue to abide by the now-nonexistent rules out of some mix of fear and brainworms.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Pure speculation but on paper you'd think it means wrestlers can take bookings outside WWE and Vince won't be able to stop them, maybe also let them do things like Twitch again.

Then again, based on past history WWE will probably just ignore this and face no consequences for it while the wrestlers will continue to abide by the now-nonexistent rules out of some mix of fear and brainworms.

That's exclusivity. Non-comepetes are legal binding employees to not work for the comepetition for a set number of days after being released.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That's something they'd have to take to court and WWE already proved they're willing to blow millions making an example out of CM Punk.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny Nox posted:

That's exclusivity. Non-comepetes are legal binding employees to not work for the comepetition for a set number of days after being released.

They are also designed to prevent skill transference from one workplace to another. I'm signed to a few non-competes that, in theory, would prevent me from setting up my own callcenter since I engineered one and promised I would do it for "the competition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I was going to make a "Please help me budget, my promotion is dying" joke, then I remembered that they make money hand over fist producing the wrestling equivalent of white noise.