Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
that premium feed post should really be in the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

even though they are the same functional person wrt intensity, bearded matt puts me at ease, but smooth matt would make me unnerved

Matt with a beard is just Correct, it's incredibly rare for a person to look good both with and without a beard, usually one or the other

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The missus is about 1/2 way through crack pinging, but wanting to find some podcasts that deliver "the truth".

Issue is like 3 months ago Pod Save America, DemocracyNow, and the like were all she consumed, thinking they were radical truth & changed oriented (rather then blue funnels). She can't get behind trueanon, wondering if anyone has some good halfway step podcast recommendations.

Try out some of the heavier episodes of ALAB, because it really highlights how nothing in the world matters as long as judges can just be insane wizards with no boundaries or repercussions or consequences for any of their actions, ever.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Judakel posted:

that premium feed post should really be in the op

yeah bless whoever put that together

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

vanishedimam posted:

Yeah the "Sadie Farrell" account is Peter Soeller, a real lunatic. Giving them oxygen is never a good idea.

lol that guy

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
disgusting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

vanishedimam posted:

Yeah the "Sadie Farrell" account is Peter Soeller, a real lunatic. Giving them oxygen is never a good idea.

oh Jesus it’s that guy? lmao

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

oh Jesus it’s that guy? lmao

Yeah! Not a great big fan of Medhurst so let them fight dot jpg but Soeller hiding out pretending to be a woman of color is a funny fact that should be shared widely.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

Have people not heard of PressTV? It's the Iranian government supported news channel.

No my cable package doesn't include Iranian PBS.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

anarchism is

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Judakel posted:

anarchism is

that’s right

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I haven't really listened to TrueAnon but I'm listening to the mission schools ep and huh this is actually really good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ah Hell, a new Radio War Nerd on Afghanistan? Cancel all my appointments.

gently caress Yes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/drunkdrvngobama/status/1413652991773745158

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

no one should take Richard Medhurst seriously anyways. he was a guy with some sort of failed comedy or content creator career. he pivoted to larping as syrian and hit a gold mine during the US election cycle
https://twitter.com/dragnet_news/status/1255957579521548288?lang=en

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sounds like a bizarro oz katerji

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at RWN bit on bagram. just left the IMV's unmolested. some enterprising troop can't even sell them off under the table? smdh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv3ioYjadC4

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

wait a second medhurst is a BRIT? from VIENNA? :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:
incredible, the guy just made a character out of nothing and probably got a nice pile of patreon $$$$

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Zmej posted:

no one should take Richard Medhurst seriously anyways. he was a guy with some sort of failed comedy or content creator career. he pivoted to larping as syrian and hit a gold mine during the US election cycle

I like that he appears to have kept his middle school bedroom in his parents house completely intact over these years.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmao

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the podcast that we ain’t supposed to talk about mentioned something about a show in New Orleans but I can’t find anything online or on stavvy dot biz about it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It looks like it's going to be a meeting of the minds.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't really listened to TrueAnon but I'm listening to the mission schools ep and huh this is actually really good

TrueAnon is unironically the best "actually learn stuff about things" left podcast.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Zmej posted:

kinda dumb as gently caress to say that US elections have no bearing on UK citizens, especially given by this point it was know some chucklefucks in the Trump administration were trying to (however seriously or not) leverage Brexit as a rationale to strongarm the UK into selling off NHS infrastructure to American interests (like they were a developing nation receiving monetary aid)

but of course a cursory analysis of that account reveals its liberal russiagate obsession, so yeah dumb as gently caress!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Judakel posted:

anarchism is

every time lol

can't there just be one who isn't supremely hosed in the head?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

kinda dumb as gently caress to say that US elections have no bearing on UK citizens, especially given by this point it was know some chucklefucks in the Trump administration were trying to (however seriously or not) leverage Brexit as a rationale to strongarm the UK into selling off NHS infrastructure to American interests (like they were a developing nation receiving monetary aid)

but of course a cursory analysis of that account reveals its liberal russiagate obsession, so yeah dumb as gently caress!

bro

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

alab loving rocks. why did I wait so long to try it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

That DICK! posted:

ive been to two chapo shows and talked to felix after the show and ran into matt after at a bar and both were incredibly kind and engaging and felix added me as a playstation friend but i was too afraid to ever invite himt o anything.
yeah they fell dick-first into the greatest gig a poster can imagine. of course they are happy.

absolutely hilarious that virgil fumbled that insane bag

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the epstein's bank ep loving RULES, as the michigan militia and capitol riot eps

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Vaush Just Announced he's going to debate Charlie Kirk On Tim Pool's show. It will be a three v one debate with Charlie Kirk, Cassandra Fairbanks, and Tim Pool. It will happen next month. The topic is Critical Race Theory.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
wow, an even match!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
you'd think if you kept debating people and then leaving the room early every time, someone would figure out you're not really The Debate Lord

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Algund Eenboom posted:

Vaush Just Announced he's going to debate Charlie Kirk On Tim Pool's show. It will be a three v one debate with Charlie Kirk, Cassandra Fairbanks, and Tim Pool. It will happen next month. The topic is Critical Race Theory.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

the podcast that we ain’t supposed to talk about mentioned something about a show in New Orleans but I can’t find anything online or on stavvy dot biz about it.

dont listen to the op we can talk about painting the town with cum all we want

anyways stav said on his Stavvy Solves Your Problems last uh, wednesday? that he was adding a new orleans show, but its not up yet

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
thank you for suggestions. she started listening to bad faith

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

yeah i put it off for awhile too. idk why, i just thought it would probably be some low effort janky show type thing but it's actually good.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

problematic, imo

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The perfect podcast for those who are still developing

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
in my brain, i know that ALAB’s The Hell Dude is not 5-4 Rhi’s dad, but in my heart? In my heart, nothing could be more true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The missus is about 1/2 way through crack pinging, but wanting to find some podcasts that deliver "the truth".

Issue is like 3 months ago Pod Save America, DemocracyNow, and the like were all she consumed, thinking they were radical truth & changed oriented (rather then blue funnels). She can't get behind trueanon, wondering if anyone has some good halfway step podcast recommendations.

along with Citations Needed, ALAB is fantastic, esp. the sanctions episode (i think the followup comparison with cyberwarfare is even better).

the barrier i've found for my friends is to expose the "neutral" state of the world as something with history that has a resulting power structure. for people who grew up in the 80s-90s, past the "end of history", the biggest hurdle is to get past premises that you don't even think about. for one of my STEM friends ~20 years ago, the phrase "faith is not a virtue" was what really snapped him out of the last vestiges of being a christian.

the other approach is maybe economics focused, maybe richard wolff's podcast/youtube? i've not really gone deep on it though.