Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Funny note from the Observer, looks like WWE can't attract kids in any country:

quote:

WWE lost its TV on Ch. 5 in the U.K. WWE started in February 2020 with the original plan being a one hour Smackdown highlights show on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. and a one hour Raw highlights show on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. The idea was to target young kids and families. Neither show drew well. The Saturday show was moved a month into the run to the Paramount Channel, a much smaller and less viewed, but still free-to-air station that is affiliated with Ch. 5. The Raw show was moved to Paramount now and will air at 11 p.m. on Thursday nights, and debuted on 7/8. The station replaced it with one of the endless reruns of Friends that have been around forever

Insert joke about how wrestling promotions need to stay away from kids in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

this is what a seizure feels like

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao "freak accident" at the accident factory

Golden Bee posted:

Finally WWE gets a real pop

lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Apparently Toni Storm is going to Smackdown. Not surprising I guess considering they did nothing with her on NXT, but poor Sarray won't get her match now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

Apparently Toni Storm is going to Smackdown. Not surprising I guess considering they did nothing with her on NXT, but poor Sarray won't get her match now

I dunno about that. Toni Storm is listed as "coming soon", which as everyone here knows in WWE time could mean anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months. Could see her putting over Sarray within the next few weeks and moving up soon after that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Yeah I guess they could wait a while on Toni, but honestly there's no need to. It's about time they got half of these women off the developmental show and onto the main shows. Now if only they could book better they might actually have a decent division on Smackdown.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the most recent official stance from HHH per the recent takeover media call is that NXT is "like college football"

Karrion Kross is the Oklahoma of NXT. Always hyped up but never actually that good.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Did anyone save that WWE rematch chart? The tweet's been deleted

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Someone please tune Rick Boogs’ guitar. This is painful.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pretty sure everything on wwe programming is intentionally tuned to be painful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-two-money-bank-qualifiers-346391

Paul Heyman stops Jimmy Uso from going into Roman Reigns' locker room and says he'll address him soon
Reigns says he's not afraid of Edge. Jimmy interrupts and wants to know where he was, Reigns says he was out fixing the Jey Uso situation. Jey returns and says it's best for all of them. With Reigns as Universal champ and the Usos vying for the tag titles again without distractions this time, the family could dominate SD as long as they want to. All three hug with the camera focusing on Reigns' smile
Depressed Baron Corbin tells Kayla Braxton he's been going through a lot emotionally and financially without being King anymore, but being Mr Money in the Bank should fix that. Footage plays from earlier in the day of King Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs driving around in Corbin's repossessed car; pissed off, Corbin attacks Nakamura during his entrance
Nakamura defeats Corbin yet again, this time in a MITB qualifier. Big E and Pat McAfee celebrate on commentary as Corbin is sad and nearly cries again
Jey tells Jimmy Edge needs to be dealt with
Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox defeat Natalya and Tamina in Shotzi's and Tegan's main roster debut; Shotzi and Nox are referred to as "Shotzi and Nox" so they already lost half their names in the callup. Per Natalya and Tamina's request pre-bell, it's a nontitle match
Edge vows to calls out Reigns later, and says whether he comes out alone or not, the family reunion won't end well
Bayley in a recorded video blames the fans for her injury
Sonya Deville announces that due to Bayley's year-ending injury ("at least 9 months") taking her out of the MITB title rematch, Bianca Belair will not be defending at MITB, and will be defending next week on SD with fans back in attendance against Carmella. Liv Morgan interrupts and points out it's bullshit that someone she can beat repeatedly gets a shot and she's still not in the MITB match; Sonya says Liv's replacing Carmella in the MITB match, regardless of if Carmella wins the title next week or not. Bianca questions the legitimacy of Bayley's injury but says she'll still be champ in 2022 if/when she's back by then
Heyman informs Reigns Edge plans on calling him out. Reigns is pissed only when Heyman says Edge also questioned his manhood
Toni Storm is also being called up; her name's not being changed
Seth Rollins defeats Cesaro again, this time in the final MITB qualifier; Cesaro gets busted open and then curbstomped. Kevin Owens was on commentary. Refs check on Cesaro postmatch off-camera
The Usos wait outside Edge's locker room. They're tired of waiting and go in but can't find him
Seth says last time he had MITB he waited and cashed in on Reigns; this time he's done waiting, he should have already been facing Reigns at MITB, and intends on following through on that. Edge interrupts
Otis says he'll destroy anyone
Next week Seth, Nakamura, Owens and Big E fight in a fatal fourway
Edge calls out Reigns and says he's afraid. Reigns tells the Usos and Heyman to stay backstage, he'll take care of Edge by himself; backstage the Usos interpret it as a test and come out anyway, upsetting him. Rey and Dominik Mysterio attack the Usos with chairs, and Reigns watches Edge choke out Jey with a broken chair leg three separate times and then does it to Jimmy

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Clip time
Opening
https://streamable.com/61qw4c
https://streamable.com/pjvgk7
Nak Corbin
https://streamable.com/4w6lej
Finish
https://streamable.com/19havm
Shotzi and Teagen debut as a tag team
https://streamable.com/ijhtb9
Finish to tag match
https://streamable.com/jd3viy
Toni Storm coming to SmackDown
https://streamable.com/3uw0bt
Seth vs Cesaro finish
https://streamable.com/7j8bvi
Edge hasn't forgotten
https://streamable.com/7qyql0
Closing Segment
https://streamable.com/8tc3ua

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is this a repeat or have they already done "uso doing ahegao" before?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

overmind2000 posted:

Did anyone save that WWE rematch chart? The tweet's been deleted

Deleted because more accurate stats are available: https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1413573142694567939

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Shotzi and Nox

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A nick show for pre teens

yeah about that

https://twitter.com/x_Beast17_x/status/1297912568191885314?s=20

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mooseinfants posted:

Shotzi and Nox

'notzi' for short, clearly

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

NXT hyped Tegan's return for a month and it lasted three days

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1413589749504389125?s=20

Gotta re-learn how to wrestle since they're not going to be in front of the Thunderdome apparently.

This dumbass company

I will never forgive AEW and their botches for this.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Roman should bring back his lovely one arm power bomb

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why is every money in the bank qualifier match a rematch of feuds that have been going on since february? Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to do unorthodox pairings that you dont have to write a story for and could just let them have some fresh workrate matches.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

On the Smackdown Throwback special on 5/7 there was a ten-man tag in which the team with Baron Corbin on it beat the team with Shinsuke Nakamura on it, which left them with unfinished business that had to be settled the following week, 5/14, when Baron Corbin beat Shinsuke Nakamura and Nakamura stole his crown as revenge, which required a grudge match the next week, 5/21, where Shinsuke Nakamura beat Baron Corbin, and the following week on 5/28 Baron Corbin tried and failed to attack Shinsuke Nakamura, which necessitated a further grudge match between the two a week later on 6/4 where Baron Corbin defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, but this made him angry and thus they booked a rematch for the following week, 6/11, where Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin, and after all of this unfinished business there had to be a definitive winner once and for all, so the next week, 6/18, saw the Battle For The Crown, wherein Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin, which led to a coronation ceremony on 6/25 where Baron Corbin was very sad and wanted some measure of payback, so at the following week's Smackdown on 7/2 Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews teamed up in a losing effort against Shinsuke Nakamura and Big E, and now that you have all of that backstory you can appreciate the events of this week, 7/9, where as a qualifier for Money in the Bank, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CarlCX posted:

On the Smackdown Throwback special on 5/7 there was a ten-man tag in which the team with Baron Corbin on it beat the team with Shinsuke Nakamura on it, which left them with unfinished business that had to be settled the following week, 5/14, when Baron Corbin beat Shinsuke Nakamura and Nakamura stole his crown as revenge, which required a grudge match the next week, 5/21, where Shinsuke Nakamura beat Baron Corbin, and the following week on 5/28 Baron Corbin tried and failed to attack Shinsuke Nakamura, which necessitated a further grudge match between the two a week later on 6/4 where Baron Corbin defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, but this made him angry and thus they booked a rematch for the following week, 6/11, where Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin, and after all of this unfinished business there had to be a definitive winner once and for all, so the next week, 6/18, saw the Battle For The Crown, wherein Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin, which led to a coronation ceremony on 6/25 where Baron Corbin was very sad and wanted some measure of payback, so at the following week's Smackdown on 7/2 Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews teamed up in a losing effort against Shinsuke Nakamura and Big E, and now that you have all of that backstory you can appreciate the events of this week, 7/9, where as a qualifier for Money in the Bank, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin.

I know

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If you had a king of the ring tournament that was just 4 shinsukes vs 4 corbins in the brackets, the tourney woulda been over like 3 matches ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CarlCX posted:

I've had nightmares like this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oldpainless posted:

Roman should bring back his lovely one arm power bomb

Honestly, it would kind of rule if he brought it back, then had to have the Usos help him lift the opponent up, all the while claiming he did it on his own

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CarlCX posted:

lmao

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Bianca's new feud going forward will be...Carmella. Nice to know you can lose almost all of your matches and still get a title shot. I guess WWE determines who gets the next title shot through the golf scoring system now.

Even if if this isn't true, no poo poo dude. You're the only one that watches this garbage, yet you act consistently surprised by it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's at least good to see that the DUI Guy didn't derail the best storyline in wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hurry up and sell the company Vincent

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Surprise guys, apparently Nia's next feud is with another untalented woman. Only been going on a decade now, I can't believe this. better hop on the Twitter machine and read the replies of 10 people and get red hot mad

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I can't wait for 2 years from now to get upset over Bianca fighting Carmella.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

CarlCX posted:

Worse than a Tamina promo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

*Year 2024*

Can you believe Ziggler is just getting a title shot against Orton after losing the last 3 months? What is this poo poo, my 5 Twitter ppl I follow are losing their minds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like you’re the one losing their minds buddy :hehe:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FB9hhoO6c

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

E: ^^^ lmao

Vince, Hunter and Dunn live in my head 24/7

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Shotzi and Nox are referred to as "Shotzi and Nox" so they already lost half their names in the callup.

I don't see why they couldn't just do a combined name tag team like Notz--oh wait I get it now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I feel bad for ember not being called up

https://twitter.com/wwenetwork/status/1413700519974080515?s=21

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
given that embers main roster push went nowhere I think she’s better off in nxt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

mooseinfants posted:

It's at least good to see that the DUI Guy didn't derail the best storyline in wrestling

The Usos have nothing to do with Kenny Omega and Adam Page?