Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It was the eastern half of the state that caused this outbreak. There's only one solution, bomb everything east of the red rooster line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I would like woodenbong but not the tweed in Qld please and thank you

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think we need to re-examine our strategy for NSW, instead of walling them out we should start walling them in. Border communities can hold a plebiscite to determine which side of the wall they end up on.

Vic needs to prepare it's forces to secure the Barrasi Line asap.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

SuddenCactus posted:

It was the eastern half of the state that caused this outbreak. There's only one solution, bomb everything east of the red rooster line.

:getin:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Periphery posted:

Vic needs to prepare it's forces to secure the Barrasi Line asap.

Take Yass to secure the road to the capital and burn everything north

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i'm an essential worker but my shifts all got quietly removed for this past week, and i've received no communication at all, so i have no loving idea what's going on any more. i hope i still have a job? :shrug:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

i'm an essential worker but my shifts all got quietly removed for this past week, and i've received no communication at all, so i have no loving idea what's going on any more. i hope i still have a job? :shrug:

That loving sucks and is a grim reminder of how insecure work is for casual workers and in the gig economy.

I hope you still have work.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

hooman posted:

That loving sucks and is a grim reminder of how insecure work is for casual workers and in the gig economy.

I hope you still have work.

Really highlights that if people want work, they should be given work. Or perhaps that they should be free to pursue their own needs through a universal basic income.

This boring dystopian version of the future sucks.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Oh NOW they restrict movement to 10km. Great job you muppets.

That's 10km too many

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

50 local cases in NSW today.

Golden shower standard State.

Edit: can’t hear “Deputy Commissioner Worboys” without hoping we’ve gone full Fury Road.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Capt.Whorebags posted:

50 local cases in NSW today.

Golden shower standard State.

Edit: can’t hear “Deputy Commissioner Worboys” without hoping we’ve gone full Fury Road.

Quality half-ton

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Just saw this new ad on TV from the government about getting the vaccine. Everyone must do their part, you need two jabs blah blah blah. Not a single person in the commercial had a mask on. Medical Centre waiting room, on the street, barista at coffee shop…

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Ditto

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1407824113708650496

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1407896848027717643

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1408325529804017666

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1408652675135148034

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1410041896198541317

https://twitter.com/JamesGWood_UNSW/status/1411151999828074496

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1411441408171397120

https://twitter.com/GregDore2/status/1413681837315039234

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I feel like there are a ton of people more worthy to dunk on than an infectious diseases professor at UNSW who appears to have made a good faith argument on a different public health approach but that’s just me

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
gently caress scomo and this abysmal vaccine rollout tbh

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sure, but it shows even infectious disease experts can suffer from Sydney brain.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

Sure, but it shows even infectious disease experts can suffer from Sydney brain.

Sydney Exceptionalism.

Manifest Sydney?

Democracy Manifest!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
one of the new sydney icu cases is apparently a teenager so good thing we spent the last year saying kids can't get it/are fine if they do

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Homora Gaykemi posted:

one of the new sydney icu cases is apparently a teenager so good thing we spent the last year saying kids can't get it/are fine if they do

Yes but you see delta variant means you can claim that you were right at the time and don't have to learn any lessons

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kids can't get it was just code for them not wanting to close schools. Mainly because they just want people to keep working at all costs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EoinCannon posted:

Yes but you see delta variant means you can claim that you were right at the time and don't have to learn any lessons

No they can’t, vic stomped delta less than a month beforehand. If they weren’t watching and learning from that they should be sacked.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It’s me tommu, I’m PRguy, it was me all along

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

birdstrike posted:

No they can’t, vic stomped delta less than a month beforehand. If they weren’t watching and learning from that they should be sacked.

Allow me to add yet another thing to the already kilometers long list of things that they should be sacked for.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

Vic got pretty lucky that the other variant was detected just as the delta variant was starting to get rolling.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

birdstrike posted:

It’s me tommu, I’m PRguy, it was me all along

Look if im not allowed to doxx you can't either

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eediot Jedi posted:

Vic got pretty lucky that the other variant was detected just as the delta variant was starting to get rolling.

Did they get lucky or did they just respond correctly?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

birdstrike posted:

Someone on twitter was seriously arguing that "nowhere in the world" has managed to deal with a Delta outbreak despite that fact that Melbourne and Perth both dealt with Sydney's loving spillover by swiftly going into lockdown

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If only the federal government did loving anything, like quarantine centres or actually order enough vaccines and get people vaccinated in that window we had instead of sitting with their thumbs up their asses

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

If only the federal government did loving anything, like quarantine centres or actually order enough vaccines and get people vaccinated in that window we had instead of sitting with their thumbs up their asses

Scomo: Mate, I don't hold a thumb.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like there are a ton of people more worthy to dunk on than an infectious diseases professor at UNSW who appears to have made a good faith argument on a different public health approach but that’s just me

If I was backpedalling this hard my chain would go flying off my bicycle and perform a glory kill on a passerby. There's no admission of error, just unthinking "can't criticise response" rhetoric, that's bullshit, coming from anyone. You absolutely can criticise, and should, government when it fails.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

freebooter posted:

Someone on twitter was seriously arguing that "nowhere in the world" has managed to deal with a Delta outbreak despite that fact that Melbourne and Perth both dealt with Sydney's loving spillover by swiftly going into lockdown

That was Gladys, too.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

bowmore posted:

Honestly vic could have dodged a second week if we'd locked down sooner

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bowmore posted:

Both?

Vic was already a week and a half into lockdown before the first delta case was detected. Vic entered lockdown 27th May, the first delta cases were detected overnight between 3rd/4th June.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it was a rhetorical question

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Was it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just like this one

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

freebooter posted:

Everyone here loves to refer to Sydney's spillover, keep in mind at many points in this pandemic, 50% of returned travellers in NSW hotel quarantine have been people travelling onto other states after returning internationally without anybody in NSW complaining about the Labor premiers abandoning returning Australians. Perhaps NSW quarantine would have never had any leaks at all had Labor premiers been willing to do their job and help reunite Australians with their families, without inventing imaginary evil migrant holidaymaker narratives.

Those outbreaks in Melbourne and Perth didn't involve hairdressers that worked at a salon where 900 clients were potentially exposed. The first limo driver case in this outbreak was reported on the the 16th, the problems with the Double Bay Salon began on the 15th and were unknown until the 24th, at which point restrictions immediately began to tighten. Unless NSW was supposed to lockdown before any cases were reported, the situation is not remotely comparable to the small number of cases Victoria and Perth had to deal with.

It does seem like a valid point that right now Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, South Korea, Malaysia, Fiji etc are experiencing record numbers of cases despite having handled the situation well up to now. It's almost like this is a more infectious variant that is harder to deal with, which results in more unknown spread earlier on. And NSW is still better positioned than most other places that are handling a Delta outbreak right now.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Centusin posted:

And NSW is still better positioned than most other places that are handling a Delta outbreak right now.

Why are you defending the trashfire state? They did a bad job, they are doing a bad job. Everyone knows what needs to be done, they're too chickenshit to do it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

They only come in here to defend the fed/nsw gov whenever it gets spicy, just ignore them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

They only come in here to defend the fed/nsw gov whenever it gets spicy, just ignore them.

SA got agents of the state but not the ones QCS suspected