Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Grabbed RDR2 on Steam summer sale, and holy poo poo, it's 120GB :stare:

I thought Warzone was huge at 90GB

Look man, there's just certain sacrifices you're going to have to make for those perfectly rendered horse anuses.

You WILL watch turds fall out of a horse's butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

Look man, there's just certain sacrifices you're going to have to make for those perfectly rendered horse anuses.

You WILL watch turds fall out of a horse's butt.

Its nice to be able to tell the temperature by how low the horses balls are hanging.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bought Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin on Steam, so... rice growing, yeah.

good loving lord they should have just called it rice growing simulator if they were going to put a detailed rice growing sim in it. Love it but its so easy to gently caress up and then well there goes your whole crop lol.

Combat is fun action sidescroller stuff, but planting and harvesting is super in-depth, all of these steps have impacts on the quality and quantity of your harvest

You have to plow the field, sort your rice seeds, grow your rice seeds in a seedling box to get them started, plant your rice in the field, manage your water levels, fertilize your rice daily, and finally harvest & dry your rice. and you must finish with drying and storing your rice in the warehouse before winter or you will lose the crop.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 28, 2021

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Returnal on PS5 is pretty loving great.

Also went back to Ghost of Tsushima to get some left over trophies and fuckkkkk, it looks so good on PS5.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

orange juche posted:

Bought Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin on Steam, so... rice growing, yeah.

good loving lord they should have just called it rice growing simulator if they were going to put a detailed rice growing sim in it. Love it but its so easy to gently caress up and then well there goes your whole crop lol.

Combat is fun action sidescroller stuff, but planting and harvesting is super in-depth, all of these steps have impacts on the quality and quantity of your harvest

You have to plow the field, sort your rice seeds, grow your rice seeds in a seedling box to get them started, plant your rice in the field, manage your water levels, fertilize your rice daily, and finally harvest & dry your rice. and you must finish with drying and storing your rice in the warehouse before winter or you will lose the crop.

Every morning I take the fertilizer out of fertilizer hole and into my fields. The soil holds onto the Leaf, Kernel, and Root triangle thing. The numbers below that are what the rice absorb, which turns your compost into a system where you can chuck excess items directly into your stats. Moon touched stones remove large amounts of toxicity so you can put in a lil salt to boost your rice's pesticide, herbicide, and immunity stats.

The game will teach these things to you eventually. But for the first 3 years you just get all these buttons and are left to see what levers and variables matter and what things don't.

Like I don't spread fertilizer while my rice is drying in the fields. I don't think that's mechanically tracked, but I don't like the idea of getting poop on my rice before I gotta thresh it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I ran across this randomly on youtube and maaaan I love me some mgs theme songs. BUT the real brain genius move is playing it in the background while you play Snowrunner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07vkhocnlc&t=1452s

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

New rimworld update and dlc announced. Rimworld - Ideology :zizek:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/294100/view/2995438840867001419

DLC is adding belief systems, social roles, rituals, artifact hunting, and culture.

Update is adding:
- Animal pens & fences & ranching stuff
- Interface search bars
- Enemies can try to break through walls
- Beards
- Changes to animal filth

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRsxUoc5eA1dqi0nrMKxCuN8nt0So7_qvwwkkiyug6SLyjgJFNEu0XGBmQ7aCb9xgdnfy0t5CSkbPyL/pub

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If you are a WRC nut like me, Art of Rally is a must buy. Its much more enjoyable than dirt, with a soundtrack that matches the atmosphere.

Easily my favorite racing game right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDq59aNRyU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

If you are a WRC nut like me, Art of Rally is a must buy. Its much more enjoyable than dirt, with a soundtrack that matches the atmosphere.

Easily my favorite racing game right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDq59aNRyU

Drive hard and fast on the wings of synthwave my friend. I recently started obsessing over time attack mode and managed to get into the top 5% on a handful of stages. This game is so much fun.

Also, very addictive photo mode.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its coming to switch this summer so im waiting for that but its on my list for sure

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Are they doing custom skins on the switch version? There's a ton of cool downloadable stuff, some guy did a bunch of cars in Wipeout livery and how can you say no to that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

car games really make me miss burnout

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Crossposting from the Snowrunner thread

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:suicide:

/edit:

Eh, close enough.

/edit:

Kill me now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Patware posted:

car games really make me miss burnout

they rereleased burnout paradise for all the consoles recently

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Are they doing custom skins on the switch version? There's a ton of cool downloadable stuff, some guy did a bunch of cars in Wipeout livery and how can you say no to that.

I was super excited they have most of the Audi liveries.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Farm Sim 19 is coming to game pass next week, so I've unleashed my inner german on FS17. It's super relaxing after a 100mg edible.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Farm Sim 19 is coming to game pass next week, so I've unleashed my inner german on FS17. It's super relaxing after a 100mg edible.

Was your first project to plow dick art into a field?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m holding out for farm sim ultimate team

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's multiplayer in 17.

orange juche posted:

Was your first project to plow dick art into a field?

No, but that's on the list of things to do now.

Just harvesting everyone elses' crops for them. My fields can be subject to memes.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they rereleased burnout paradise for all the consoles recently

Yep and I plowed through the whole thing again.

EA has so much to answer for.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I always think about this whenever the tommy teutons in here talk up farm sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I was super excited they have most of the Audi liveries.

The Jägerquattro is a personal favorite.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Anyone have a trip report on THPS on Switch yet?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Anyone have a trip report on THPS on Switch yet?

yes

its the full game, controls are a bit wonky on the joy cons tbh compared to like ps4 and it runs at 30 fps. Pro controller works fine.

load times are fine, and its otherwise exactly the full version as the ps4 and pc with online multiplayer and junk.

i prefer playing it on ps4 but i rebought it bc its thats great that id 100% it over with all the pros again and do speed runs and clear all the gaps and junk. plus i use a 8bitdo adaptor to use a ds4. If switch is all you got or you really wanted handheld mode then grab it, otherwise get it on ps4/xbox/pc just because 60fps looks way better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

non-switch centric its a fantastic remake in general that really captures the feel of the old games, the music is mostly there with some replacement songs from the same band (reel big fish has a different song but it works completely) and they added new songs too that are cool and good. The stages are done super accurately, the controls are just as you remember and god drat its rad. Kept me sane during the final months of lockdown.

also it has split screen multiplayer. they thought of everything.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I also bought it for Switch (and upgraded my PS4 to PS5), and have zero regerts. I'm traveling a bunch in a few months so I look forward to playing a bunch of it again to pass the time in airports and such.

Also I really want THPS 3 DLC or a remaster now. Seriously feel you on that game keeping things sane last year. It's near perfect and ugh, I love playing it so so much. I just want more of the same.

That documentary that came out last year about the series was also excellent.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i love the challenges tbh, I've been knocking out the speed runs and gap lists and having a good time just skating and listening to rad tunes

also thps4 is the one I want most, or THUG 2 would be rad as hell.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Valve has gone and made their own Switch

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1415715622105718790
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Intrigued but will likely wait for trip reports before I even consider buying one.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Handsome Ralph posted:

Valve has gone and made their own Switch

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1415715622105718790
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Intrigued but will likely wait for trip reports before I even consider buying one.

If it won't run Dark Souls 1 and 3 hard pass

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’ll run Half Life 3

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It'll run anything on your PC. The demo reel was running Factorio.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hosed up in Farm Sim 19. Started a harvesting contract because the payout is huge, glanced right over the details. It's 63 acres of potatoes. It's going to take all day to finish that field, and I spent 3 hours harvesting last night.

It's like when you're playing a racing game and decide to start a 500 mile race but the only thing in your garage is a 1987 Honda Accord.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I love thrift stores

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fallom posted:

I love thrift stores

Is this for simming flying a B-17?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Davethulhu posted:

Is this for simming flying a B-17?

Would also be good for twin engine. Throttles, prop pitch, and mixture.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fallom posted:

I love thrift stores

Lucky son of a...

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Fallom posted:

I love thrift stores

gently caress, NICE find

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol, for giggles I looked on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/CH-Products-Throttle-Quadrant-300-133/dp/B0002A59Z4

Showing at $221.72

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I put down :10bux:/2 for the Steam Deck. I figure I have like a year to cancel it if it looks like a dud. It does look like exactly what I am looking for though. I want something to play emulators on. I have a PS Vita but the size of the Switch really spoiled me. I just noticed that Retro Arch is on Steam already so half the work is done. Will have to see what emulators can actually run on it. And hopefully Valve supports it longer than some of their other hardware, looking at you Steam controller!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wrong Theory posted:

I put down :10bux:/2 for the Steam Deck. I figure I have like a year to cancel it if it looks like a dud. It does look like exactly what I am looking for though. I want something to play emulators on. I have a PS Vita but the size of the Switch really spoiled me. I just noticed that Retro Arch is on Steam already so half the work is done. Will have to see what emulators can actually run on it. And hopefully Valve supports it longer than some of their other hardware, looking at you Steam controller!

retroarch isnt out on steam yet but its coming

if you need any assistance setting up the OG version ive spent enough time setting up my arcade cab to kill a horse and recommend cores and poo poo