Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The last time Ember was on the main roster she blew out her Achilles doing a 24/7 backstage skit

So yeah, she's better off staying in NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Everyone totally stays in college football for a decade, go NXT yay

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Barreft posted:

Surprise guys, apparently Nia's next feud is with another untalented woman. Only been going on a decade now, I can't believe this. better hop on the Twitter machine and read the replies of 10 people and get red hot mad

drat she’s wrestling herself?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1413667895645716488

I like how they never addressed Carmella getting the title shot while on a losing streak. I know Liv started to bring it up but she's too happy to be in an excruciatingly painful match she has a 12.5% chance of winning to worry about not being put straight in the title match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that you mention it, that is illogical

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shotzi and Tegan Nox make no sense as a tag team. its almost like someone saw Tegan's last name and thought it was weird and edgy and like Shotzi and paired them. What's so weird and unconventional about Tegan in the tag team? That her knees are made of tissue paper and she has a funny accent?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
her names NOX because it sounds like MOX and her accent oboxious!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

her name is Nox because she's a big fan of the early 2000s arpg starring Sean William Scott

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nox bury farm

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Team Notzi let’s goooooo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That DICK! posted:

Team Notzi let’s goooooo

No Drake got released

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What happens in this clip? Not available in my region

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a cyborg mug posted:

What happens in this clip? Not available in my region

Pat McAfee dancing to not great guitar playing while standing in a foot bath

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 10, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
AJ's son to AEW to feud with -1. Do it Coward Tony

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Golden Bee posted:

Nox bury farm

this is a good pun but she deserves better :(

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

AJ's son to AEW to feud with -1. Do it Coward Tony

lol it just hit me that there's probably gonna be less 2nd or 3rd generation wrestlers than before because their mom/dad was WWE or w/e and they think it fuckin sucks

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Wait, so did NXT really do like almost a month of hype for Tegan Nox to come back and then have her do the entrance ramp I'M BACK YO thing, and then just immediately shuffle her and Shotzi off to SmackDown to be 50/50'd to death at best?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

skaboomizzy posted:

Wait, so did NXT really do like almost a month of hype for Tegan Nox to come back and then have her do the entrance ramp I'M BACK YO thing, and then just immediately shuffle her and Shotzi off to SmackDown to be 50/50'd to death at best?

yes

to be fair, no one knew what the 17776 style battery charging poo poo was about

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

graph posted:

yes

to be fair, no one knew what the 17776 style battery charging poo poo was about

I know that 17776 was about football but I imagine Pro Wrestling in that universe is just as insane, if not more so.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Nox bury farm

Very good

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Why is this?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah, true. I remember all the College Football stars refusing to graduate so they didn't have to live in misery in the NFL.

I mean, this is pretty much the reason behind the new redshirt and graduate transfer rules, to make sure college players who aren't likely to make it in the NFL can get as many years of eligibility as possible.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HE LIKES TO HAVE FUN MAGGLE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No, really, why?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/09/1014366577/biden-moves-to-restrict-non-compete-agreements-saying-theyre-bad-for-workers

President Biden is making good on a campaign promise to curtail noncompete agreements.

As part of a sweeping executive order, Biden is asking the Federal Trade Commission to ban or limit such agreements, which restrict where you can work after leaving a job.

The move is part of a larger push from the administration to promote competition and remove barriers that stymie economic growth. The White House argues that noncompetes drive down wages by making it harder for workers to switch to better-paying jobs.

Meanwhile, businesses who support the use of noncompete agreements say they are vital for protecting trade secrets and investments.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Blaise330 posted:

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1413667895645716488

I like how they never addressed Carmella getting the title shot while on a losing streak. I know Liv started to bring it up but she's too happy to be in an excruciatingly painful match she has a 12.5% chance of winning to worry about not being put straight in the title match.
It's hard to really map out any 'streaks' in the women's division outside of Bianca Belair. If we want to pretend wins and losses matter, here's every Smackdown/PPV singles match for the calendar year to date

01/15/2021- Natalya (1-0) d. Liv Morgan (0-1)
01/22/2021 - Sasha Banks (1-0) d. Reginald
01/29/2021 - Bianca Belair (1-0) d. Bayley (0-1)
01/31/2021 - Sasha Banks (2-0) d. Carmella (0-1)
02/05/2021 - Bayley (1-1) d. Ruby Riott (0-1)
02/12/2021 - Bayley (2-1) d. Liv Morgan (0-2)
02/26/2021 - Tamina (1-0) d. Liv Morgan (0-3)
03/05/2021 - Bianca Belair (2-0) d. Shayna Baszler
03/19/2021 - Bianca Belair n/c Shayna Baszler
03/26/2021 - Bianca Belair (3-0) d. Natalya (1-1)
04/02/2021 - Natalya (2-1) d. Shayna Baszler
04/02/2021 - Bianca Belair (4-0) d. Carmella (0-2)
04/09/2021 - Tamina (2-0) d. Nia Jax
04/10/2021 - Bianca Belair (5-0) d. Sasha Banks (2-1)
04/16/2021 - Natalya (3-1) d. Shayna Baszler
04/23/2021 - Tamina (3-0) d. Nia Jax
05/07/2021 - Carmella (1-2) d. Ruby Riott (0-2)
05/07/2021 - Tamina (4-0) d. Reginald
05/16/2021 - Bianca Belair (6-0) d. Bayley (2-2)
06/04/2021 - Carmella (2-2) d. Liv Morgan (0-4)
06/11/2021 - Liv Morgan (1-4) d. Carmella (2-3)
06/20/2021 - Natalya (4-1) d. Mandy Rose
06/20/2021 - Bianca Belair (7-0) d. Bayley (2-3)
06/25/2021 - Liv Morgan (2-5) d. Carmella (2-4)
07/02/2021 - Liv Morgan (3-5) d. Zelina Vega (0-1)

Admittedly Liv Morgan is on a "hot streak" in the past month, beating Carmella twice and also rolling up Zelina Vega, but pretty much everyone in the MITB match will likely have a losing singles record going into the match.
Asuka - 4-5-2
Naomi - 2-3
Alexa Bliss - 4-1-1*
Nikki Cross - 5-1**
Liv Morgan - 3-4
Zelina Vega - 0-1

* One of these wins is against Randy Orton and normally I'd say it shouldn't count in the rankings but I let Reginald matches count so
** Nikki Cross's winning streak consists of
- Beating Naomi on Main Event
- Not getting beaten by Rhea Ripley in two minutes
- Not getting beaten by Charlotte in two minutes
- Beating Charlotte by countout after Charlotte is distracted from squashing Nikki and goes to fight Rhea Ripley
- Rolling up Shayna after Alexa Bliss starts mind controlling everyone

There are no winners here. Except Bianca Belair and Roman, I guess.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Why would they do multiple debuts in the Thunderdome weeks before going back on the road?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Why would they do multiple debuts in the Thunderdome weeks before going back on the road?

To make sure they get the chance tell the crowd how they want the debuting people to be reacted to, is the charitable explanation. Don’t want a debuting heel to get a big face pop.

Otherwise it’s just because they’re dumb as gently caress, business as usual.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I guess that's the only thing that really makes sense. It will be interesting to see who people still react to' I honestly don't remember who was hot and cold at WrestleMania. Of the talent who debuted in the Thunderdome era I'd wager that Bianca and Riddle will be the most over? I don't really watch anymore beyond clips. I miss Slapjack.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

History Comes Inside! posted:

To make sure they get the chance tell the crowd how they want the debuting people to be reacted to, is the charitable explanation. Don’t want a debuting heel to get a big face pop.

Otherwise it’s just because they’re dumb as gently caress, business as usual.

but debuting heels can get big pops and they can still be heels!

they still have WALTER

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dementia

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

KungFu Grip posted:

Shotzi and Tegan Nox make no sense as a tag team.

Well you got the girl who keeps trying to get injured and doesn't, and the one who keeps trying not to get injured and does. It's an odd couple pairing.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I've never seen either of them before on NXT, but I do like thier Kid Chameleon tank they came out in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's just a house show but man.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1413860559070531586

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao at blowing their load on house shows already

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The house show numbers are very telling

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Nobody is going to house shows, nature is healing

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I thought they quit doing house shows even before the pandemic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Invalid Validation posted:

I thought they quit doing house shows even before the pandemic.

I remember in the past when goons would advise other goons "don't go to Raw/Smackdown tapings, they're miserable slogs, go to house shows, the workers are more relaxed and they're much more fun", so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did stop doing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE going right back to making it's roster go on the unending house show slog that eats every second of their lives, forces them to work hurt and exhausted every single day of the week until they get so hurt they HAVE to take time off and in fact has already taken one of their top talents out of action for almost a year before they even hit the road, despite the fact that they barely make any money in the process and showing they've learned absolutely nothing from the past 2 years is, in fact, extremely WWE.