Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Who is ECW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who is ECW

id interactive

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Drakkel posted:

I think WCW is a better comparison to Sega, since it's a company that started off small doing it's own thing regionally then suddenly got enough to compete head-to-head with the top dog in the industry, got to big for their own good and started diluting their product by making too much of it in too short a time with dogshit quality, having a completely dysfunctional business structure that cost them ungodly amounts of money, and toward the end even when they had really good ideas (like the Dreamcast) they'd already been bleeding so badly that they were doomed no matter what they did. All this basically happening at the same time as the attitude era, even.

Sega is still around.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Quinntan posted:

Sega is still around.

Not for lack of being sold off.

Anyway, hopefully the new non-compete EO gets the wrestlers more money and leverage immediately.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quinntan posted:

Sega is still around.

This is about Sega as a console maker, if that wasn't obvious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Dreamcast was so loving great. :sigh:

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

I assume this is sarcasm, but if not, why? So she can suffer another potentially career ending injury doing something dumb?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

I assume this is sarcasm, but if not, why? So she can suffer another potentially career ending injury doing something dumb?

This same question can go for Tegan Nox who had 3 knee injuries back to back

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's perfectly reasonable to not know Ember had ever been called up before.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Injuries aside, shotzi and ember were a tag team very recently and were even champs briefly so slotting tegan in her spot on the tag team when I think the logical thing would have been to call up shotzi and ember as a tag team and tegan as a single wrestler bothers me a bit.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Eat My Fuc posted:

I lived in Columbia a few years they were the worst of my life possibly, miserable place

I pretty much grew up in New Brookland Tavern, Columbia holds a special place in my heart for better or worse (its worse)

Related to cursed shows in that town, I was at the Thunder where Buff broke his neck

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
double post

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

beggar posted:

Related to cursed shows in that town, I was at the Thunder where Buff broke his neck

That was here? Oh god, no :smith:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So HHH really spent all that time building up to Tegan's return only for Vince to snatch her away literally 3 days later?

Amazing.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Drakkel posted:

So HHH really spent all that time building up to Tegan's return only for Vince to snatch her away literally 3 days later?

Amazing.

it's loving hilarious

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Amazing.

As I said on Friday: Being attached to the main roster is a blessing and a curse for NXT.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Injuries aside, shotzi and ember were a tag team very recently and were even champs briefly so slotting tegan in her spot on the tag team when I think the logical thing would have been to call up shotzi and ember as a tag team and tegan as a single wrestler bothers me a bit.

hmmm........hmmm......, good point about wwe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also that promo sucked rear end. I fell asleep after the third cliche.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Drakkel posted:

His lovely performance center broke Bayley so they gave him a lil spanking, sure

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

The Dreamcast was so loving great. :sigh:

:emptyquote:

bartok
May 10, 2006

All I know is if SEGA keeps making Yakuza games I'm going to keep buying them. Like a Dragon was so fun and I can't wait for Lost Judgement come Fall.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

As I said on Friday: Being attached to the main roster is a blessing and a curse for NXT.

I’d be incredibly annoyed if I only watched NXT with how frequently people just get disappeared to SmackDown/Raw. Along those lines, they’re never going to build any viewership for the same reason.

(This assumes there are people who buys into the premise of these being discrete brands, which probably isn’t many)

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 11, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that you mention it, that is illogical

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ECW is the TurboGrafx

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

re: house shows

I went to one in 2000 and Bikertaker got punched in the chops mid-match, hocked a huge loogie onto one of the ring ropes, and it sat there for the rest of the card.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

D.N. Nation posted:

re: house shows

I went to one in 2000 and Bikertaker got punched in the chops mid-match, hocked a huge loogie onto one of the ring ropes, and it sat there for the rest of the card.

One of the unexpected advantages of the pandemic era, people wiping down the ring ropes after matches

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ECW is the TurboGrafx

Sure as long as the PC Engine gets to be 90's All Japan

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ECW is the TurboGrafx

Would that make XPW the PC-FX or...?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Do not even ask posted:

Would that make XPW the PC-FX or...?

Tiger Handheld.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1414241209472544769?s=20

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah I'd still recommend going to a house show nowadays if you have the chance WWE or AEW there's always fun to be had.

And there's always the chance you'll get to see something really neat like the NXT House Show I went to in Mississauga was Ricochets live debut with the company outside of NXT tapings that had yet to air. Him and Buddy Murphy had a great match together and Ricochet got a huge pop when he debuted.

Yeah, I got Adrian Neville vs Kevin Owens as a “mini-Takeover” at a WWE house show in Tampa before either was called up. Surprise! It was a loving awesome match!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sure as long as the PC Engine gets to be 90's All Japan

The PC-Engine does have a game explicitly built around poo poo, piss and mucus, so that may alter your recommendation

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:bigwhat:

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The talk around “Sister Abigail” for years was painful because it was clear that the entire Bray Wyatt gimmick was just saying gibberish imagery in a pleasing rhythm. Like the time he randomly said “the devil made me do it” and there was lots of speculation about the lore of the devil. Slightly annoying that the Alexa Blyss rumours ended up coming (sort of) true.

I’m sure every wrestler that gets a meeting gets told they’re going to be Sister Abigail or Little Jimmy or Shelton’s Mama at some point.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
when's the first non-thunderdome raw/smackdown? tomorrow?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
not doubting any specific dumb assed poo poo that people have said was planned but at the same time i imagine it would be a lot of fun and also an effective way to keep your name floating around to just make up incredibly stupid things and have everyone believe them because of the actual things that happen

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cutler also said something similar about possible portraying Bray's puppets as wrestlers, so it sounds like they may have genuinely considered it. Cutler made it sound like it was his pitch though.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Follow The Buzzards (to TNA)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

Cutler also said something similar about possible portraying Bray's puppets as wrestlers, so it sounds like they may have genuinely considered it. Cutler made it sound like it was his pitch though.

That tracks; "Brilliant idea Cutler! We're going to get someone else to do it though. There's canapés in catering. Help yourself. Limit two."

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 11, 2021

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ECW is the TurboGrafx

RVD is Rondo of Blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Davros1 posted:

That tracks; "Brilliant idea Cutler! We're going to get someone else to do it though. There's canapés in catering. Help yourself."

That’s what they allegedly did to Brodus Clay (gave the House of Pain gimmick to Mark Henry), which admittedly worked way better for the audience.