Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wish I was Jymre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dee eight posted:

i love it. thank me.

Thank you for loving Pupkin.

I brought this on myself.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

snergle posted:

ill have to take your word for it but it seems really gross to make that comic. esp when suicide genetic or not more often effects gay people . he also completly discounts lesbians except for the page being like hey why are all gay men femme? completly ignoring butch gay men. he also makes an insane assumption that asexual people would be more likely to be killed then gay people in prehistoric man societies. we cant say for certain he is wrong but all of the modern era that is 100% wrong.

No, no. His conclusions are very wrong for multiple reasons. I was just pleased he wasn't doing some kind of Nazi adjacent survival of the species bullshit. Its also definitely gross and insensitive, but at least it seems to be coming from a genuine scientific curiosity and not a place of hate.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #8: Dreaming of Bread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Since that last one is a short one and I'll be busy today, here's the second

Hitmen for Destiny #9: SECOND PROPHECY

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Well, there's no use putting it off any longer...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A BLEAH BLEAH BLOO BLEAH

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Rudy

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Rudl

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Helicity posted:

If you've made it through the resolution of the portal monsters you've seen everything it has to offer. Take a plot about destiny and killing monsters, make every story arc an incredibly convoluted sitcom/cartoon gag ramped up to 11, and put it in a bizarre world.

I'm not sure its good - but slicer raccoons, the Tolkien races, the invisible castle, etc. are uniquely strange enough to keep me reading.

Thanks, I start to wonder if I'm losing my mind when I see people gushing endless praise for Thorsby's work.

It's entertaining enough, but man. I think the production quality primes people's expectations to be so low that they're easily blown away.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Thorsby's comics are legitimately very well written, it's not some sort of graded on a curve thing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Snackmar posted:

What year would this have been? That's very artful use of space with the ceiling and the dancing there

Here's an early example:
https://twitter.com/JucikaInOrder/status/1413949954071044110

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I'm really liking this.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I've never been a narrative comic reader, but binging through Thorsby's work three or four years ago is absolutely what lead to me seeing value in the medium. His writing style reminds me a lot of one of my favourite authors, Rudy Rucker, but more humorous and I find the art functional and endearing. Hitmen and the brainchip were my favourites, but the praise for trixie in this thread makes me want to reread that one now!

I wouldn't like anyone to redraw his stories, but I'd like to see what a colorist could do to the mspaint art to reduce the levels of eye searing harshness lol.

While i'm posting, I started reading a kind of metaphysical web comic that started with a guy hurtling through space a while ago, I think it had something to do with someone who worked on adventure time. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

field balm posted:

While i'm posting, I started reading a kind of metaphysical web comic that started with a guy hurtling through space a while ago, I think it had something to do with someone who worked on adventure time. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

is it Forming?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

That's exactly it! Thanks for the quick reply

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://twitter.com/ConcaveOnion/status/1413874476899524614

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Holy poo poo, was this also shared to the Politoons thread?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Father, I cannot click the book

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lol

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

It’s perfect lmao.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I thought this was only gonna be another dumb "old person complaining" comic, and then I scrolled down to the last panel :tviv:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I worked at a breakfast diner once and there was a regular who was generally okay and a decent tipper, but liked to gently caress with you a little. So if you said "Good Morning" (which you just say as a server working in the morning automatically) he'd often say "What's so good about it?"

One time I just said "Morning" to him and he dropped the "What's so good about it." and I got to say "nothing, I just said 'Morning. nothing about it being good." Typing this out I realized I should have pretended I said "Mourning" and said something like "Nothing, I said I was in mourning because my [Dog/Grandma/whatever] just died."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That would be a terrible thing to say.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm relieved you didn't ruin that guy's morning worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Paladinus posted:

That would be a terrible thing to say.

This particular customer would have appreciated it. I worked there for 3 years and he came in like three times a week at least. He said poo poo like that because he enjoyed being pushed back against, which is super annoying when you're at work at 7 am and hung over, but kinda fun when you aren't hungover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.