Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

U-DO Burger posted:

I know that the ideal build for Kazuha is 4-piece VV with a heavy focus on EM, but until I get those drops, what should I use?

Would it be better to boost EM as high as I can with other artifacts for now, or should I prioritize having 4-piece VV above all else?

I think a full set of subpar VV would be better than good individual pieces of random artifacts. The full set just gives so much value. You can settle for purples with decent stats, which are easier to find. I wouldn't wear like HP/DEF/Healing main stats, but anything that helps damage will work until you find more ideal pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The one nice thing about trying to build a full EM Kazuha is that even though getting EM VV pieces is a pain, your substats really don't matter since they won't affect your swirls anyway. More EM substats would be great of course, but basically any EM VV pieces are super good for Kazuha (or Sucrose).

Kale
May 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think she was rumored to be a polearm user for awhile wasn't she?

But given she pulls a whole rear end sword out of her boobs in the trailer sword makes complete sense. And we don't have another sword electro besides Traveler.

People also love to be the first to break the big news for stuff to so could i
Misreport rumors or the datamines could just be incomplete as well or deliberately set up to thwart leakers.

Anyway managed to get an extra claymore billet for Diluc now (remembered i still had the special pick on type package from the summer quest) so thats sorted out and now and he has a prototype archaic with the atk% multiplier. Cant wait to see how different his hits are when i have it leveled properly.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Harrow posted:

Not really? The only other real options I have are also pyro (Xiangling, Klee) or are electro (Razor) which would be even worse because I'd be constantly blowing myself up.

Even if I did I'm pretty mad that I have to stop and pour a couple weeks' worth of experience into a different DPS just to get good artifacts for another DPS.

My main DPS is Razor, if its any help I get through the Crimson Witch domain using Kaeya (for elemental skill and burst) and the anemo Traveller (for swirling purposes). Now, I had kept my Traveller levelled more or less in line with the rest of my main team, but if you havent, maybe another anemo character would do? Full disclosure, I also had Xingqu for minor healing and an underlevelled Zhongli for shields (which led to me realising that he was loving amazing and I should probably level him a whole bunch more). I'm not going to deny you'll have a harder time without Zhongli, but it should still be doable if you have other shield sources.

But yes, I had to use Razor and Bennett to grind for the ice related set (and level it) in the mountain domain in order to give that set to Kaeya so he could grind the fire domain to get crimson witch to give to bennet (and now a second set because I pulled Diluc). Havent even looked at what electro set exists that I might want to give to Razor, he's currently got a mixed rarity gladiator set that will do him until I can be bothered doing more grinding. Not this week, I've completed the battle pass so this week all I'm doing is the daily quests and the event battle thingy because I cannot be bothered with grinding domains.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This event is showing how little I actually understand how to play this game properly. I cannot hit 2000 points even if I drop the difficulty because then nothing spawns in quick enough to catch up thanks to the lower modifier value. I've got Venti with a level 7 ult and- honestly not that great- VV artifacts but I still can't get over 1400 in the second one.

Harrow posted:

Well on the bright side my main team can absolutely annihilate the Viridescent Venerer domain!

It's the slimes that are the problem, I think. I can't consistently deal enough damage to get past them in time with just Diluc's physical damage and whatever hydro and cryo damage Xingqiu and Kaeya can contribute. I tried bringing Chongyun to infuse cryo into Diluc's attacks but somehow that was even worse.

Well you said that you have Razor, and he absolutely shines in dealing physical damage compared to Diluc. Can't he beat the slimes to death? Choungyun is better off doing cryo damage but I'm guessing from the sound of it that he's not actually leveled up and you were just using him to drop his frost field for Diluc to try and take advantage of.

Barring that, just try doing it co-op, usually anyone trying to run it will either bring in Ganyu or Childe and they can handle dealing with the slimes and fire mages for you.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 11, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Well you said that you have Razor, and he absolutely shines in dealing physical damage compared to Diluc. Can't he beat the slimes to death? Choungyun is better off doing cryo damage but I'm guessing from the sound of it that he's not actually leveled up and you were just using him to drop his frost field for Diluc to try and take advantage of.

He probably could but I just got him so I haven't leveled him yet. That's why I was kind of :negative: about having to spend days' worth of resin grinding EXP books to raise a character I'm only vaguely interested in using just to get through one domain. I'll try co-oping it first but I guess I probably just need to level Razor or Chongyun or someone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Harrow posted:

I'm finally AR 45 and now I'm too weak to do any of the artifact domains that I need to do :negative:

This Crimson Witch one is torture if your only good DPS is pyro, which... seems mean
I started with Venerer. Easiest domain, best artifact set. You can co-op if you need to as well.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RareAcumen posted:

Trust me, the domains are not nearly as bad as you think they are. I spent like, months doing co-op in domains solo before I realized I didn't actually need to call in help all the time. Who are your standout characters right now?

Yeah, having to switch to co-op for a while after starting the AR45 domains is normal. That was the case for me, anyway.

If you have a decently-built healer to bring, you should be set. Everyone wants to play their fun DPS characters; you'll save some time on the "okay who's going to switch so we don't all die" staredowns that happen so often. You could also ask goons for help; I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be game to carry you for a bit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If it changes anyone's pull potential, Gorou is probably based on a shiba rather than a fox.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Harrow posted:

He probably could but I just got him so I haven't leveled him yet. That's why I was kind of :negative: about having to spend days' worth of resin grinding EXP books to raise a character I'm only vaguely interested in using just to get through one domain. I'll try co-oping it first but I guess I probably just need to level Razor or Chongyun or someone.

Like I said, just start doing co-op for that. You'll either A) get someone with a massively min-maxed Childe or Ganyu and they'll do 10/40k damage on every hit or B) get someone with a Diluc so min-maxed that even without pyro involved they're doing like 8k damage with their basic attacks and basically solo the entire thing.

Ever since I got Xinqiu to C6 I haven't needed to do co-op for that or the Noblesse domain at all so I doubt people are using Chongyun anymore and I have no idea since I haven't done that one in a while either.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

I started with Venerer. Easiest domain, best artifact set. You can co-op if you need to as well.

The Venerer domain is real easy for my team, yeah, and it gave me a 5* EM VV sands just now so my mood is better :toot:

RareAcumen posted:

Like I said, just start doing co-op for that. You'll either A) get someone with a massively min-maxed Childe or Ganyu and they'll do 10/40k damage on every hit or B) get someone with a Diluc so min-maxed that even without pyro involved they're doing like 8k damage with their basic attacks and basically solo the entire thing.

Yeah, I'll start co-oping for it once I have the resin again. I got very mad at video games there for a bit so I went and spent all my resin on the VV domain instead (which worked out, so hey)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

This event is showing how little I actually understand how to play this game properly. I cannot hit 2000 points even if I drop the difficulty because then nothing spawns in quick enough to catch up thanks to the lower modifier value. I've got Venti with a level 7 ult and- honestly not that great- VV artifacts but I still can't get over 1400 in the second one.

don't you get more points the harder the difficulty? you might be making it harder to do rather than easier

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

If it changes anyone's pull potential, Gorou is probably based on a shiba rather than a fox.

this makes Baal's fondness for them very funny

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

don't you get more points the harder the difficulty? you might be making it harder to do rather than easier

Yeah I tried both the middle and hardest difficulty and neither attempt really went super well. Probably need my team examined, my VV artifacts leveled up more and to watch a few videos on how anemo works and does damage to actually get there.

I've got every anemo character but Xiao at 70 now but no one's really set up to be a DPS though.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

I think a full set of subpar VV would be better than good individual pieces of random artifacts. The full set just gives so much value. You can settle for purples with decent stats, which are easier to find. I wouldn't wear like HP/DEF/Healing main stats, but anything that helps damage will work until you find more ideal pieces.

This is what I was thinking at first, and is why I've been grinding that domain for the last few days.

That said, I've got 2 Wanderer Troupe pieces with EM as the main stat, so the difference between suboptimal 4-piece VV and 2-piece VV paired with 2-piece WT is like 300-400 EM, which seems really significant.

e: this loving domain just gave me my second VV piece with ameno damage as the main stat. i am being taunting with awesome-yet-useless stuff

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

e: this loving domain just gave me my second VV piece with ameno damage as the main stat. i am being taunting with awesome-yet-useless stuff
That's good on Jean and Xiao at least. I actually use VV anemo damage on sucrose because I don't really have any other options, if you get bored farming it's the least bad of the suboptimal pieces to use just because it boosts base damage so much (she's using an EM off-set helmet).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah I tried both the middle and hardest difficulty and neither attempt really went super well. Probably need my team examined, my VV artifacts leveled up more and to watch a few videos on how anemo works and does damage to actually get there.

I've got every anemo character but Xiao at 70 now but no one's really set up to be a DPS though.

I found the second one the hardest so far, but I've just been trying to ram through my team of Klee, Eula, Venti, and Bennett.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
This event is pretty hard. I'm only managing to get gold by running a real nonsense team (Zhongli, Albedo, Xingqiu, and Kazuha).

It might be time to start leveling my most-used characters to 90, if the increased difficulty of the past few events is going to stick around.

Kale
May 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Barring that, just try doing it co-op, usually anyone trying to run it will either bring in Ganyu or Childe and they can handle dealing with the slimes and fire mages for you.

I could barely scrap 500 so i cant even fathom 2000 right now. I thought my party was coming along decently but guess not lol.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm making no real attempt at this event because I don't have the reactions it wants and I managed to scrape 1000 points in the latest part.

Also don't use Razor in the Crimson Witch domain because he'll explode and die and cannot put out enough damage without his stand.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

Also don't use Razor in the Crimson Witch domain because he'll explode and die and cannot put out enough damage without his stand.
I mean, if your options are gumming them to death with Razor, or gumming them to death with Diluc or Klee, I feel like Razor might be the better option. It's not pretty, but it can be done.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Traveller posted:

Incoherence posted:

I mean, if your options are gumming them to death with Razor, or gumming them to death with Diluc or Klee, I feel like Razor might be the better option. It's not pretty, but it can be done.

Probably varies for person to person, mine was my main DPS and got great Gladiator artifacts and is at 1968 atk with everything equipped. And 2336 with the Song of Broken Pines that I lucked into getting while going for a Sacrificial Sword on Eula's banner.

So I probably shouldn't suggest people use Razor for things that often :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

He's also my main DPS (my only DPS really) but artifact luck is bad. I think he's got like 15% crit chance bonus because the stat won't show up.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RareAcumen posted:

Probably varies for person to person, mine was my main DPS and got great Gladiator artifacts and is at 1968 atk with everything equipped. And 2336 with the Song of Broken Pines that I lucked into getting while going for a Sacrificial Sword on Eula's banner.

So I probably shouldn't suggest people use Razor for things that often :v:
I also farmed a Crimson Witch set with a Razor carry, so I know the feeling. If I ever feel the need to get better Crimson Witch pieces, I'm probably just going to go build out Rosaria or something so I don't have to do that again (also my Razor is C6 now so he probably explodes that much faster).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've been having a decent enough time with it so far

2430 on the first stage...i think this was Eula/Barb/Kazuha/Mona. took several attempts, the slimes feel like the slowest part of this so it was just a matter of pushing through them + the second stage fast enough to be able to chew through multiple waves of the hoarders for points.

2148 on the second stage, Xiao/Bennett/Kazuha/Mona i think? cleared on second or third attempt, nothing about this one really stood out to me as a strategy other than you can abuse the suction areas and swirl is good.

2211 on the third stage, second attempt with Xiao/Barb/Mona/Kazuha. this def feels like one that Venti benefits since the guys have a ranged bias and are spread out beyond what Kazuha can reliably group, but it also feels like the gimmick does a lot of work as long as you're keeping momentum maxed.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
When looking at the new map, I don't see why they couldn't just add the Golden Apple Archipelago in between and make it permanent addition. The more land on the same map feels better.

They could also finish Mondstadt, a lot of places feels very barren there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Incoherence posted:

I also farmed a Crimson Witch set with a Razor carry, so I know the feeling. If I ever feel the need to get better Crimson Witch pieces, I'm probably just going to go build out Rosaria or something so I don't have to do that again (also my Razor is C6 now so he probably explodes that much faster).

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about the C6 effect because I'm only halfway along. I spent most of the time using Razor with him at C0 honestly. But at this point I could easily solo Crimson Witch since I have Xingqiu and while he doesn't have world shattering spectacular artifacts he is C6 and holding a Sacrificial Sword so he's basically unstoppable in there.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Not at all since he's adorable either way :getin:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Descar posted:

When looking at the new map, I don't see why they couldn't just add the Golden Apple Archipelago in between and make it permanent addition. The more land on the same map feels better.

They could also finish Mondstadt, a lot of places feels very barren there.

My guess is that there are long-term concerns about storage for mobile players. The more they add to the map, the bigger the install, and while that's not a huge deal on PC, it'll get too big for a lot of phones over time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I'll start co-oping for it once I have the resin again. I got very mad at video games there for a bit so I went and spent all my resin on the VV domain instead (which worked out, so hey)

Are you on the Discord? We have a channel specifically for finding people who want to do the same domain runs.

Also, feel free to break some Fragile Resin if you've been stockpiling them. Being able to do 4-5 Condensed artifact runs at once feels really good (even if you get junk).

Also also, you are using Condensed Resin, right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There isn’t actually that much to the archipelago I don’t think it’s worth keeping around at all and being some mystery nowhereland is slightly more interesting than ‘a bit south of beidou’s ship’.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

i've been having a decent enough time with it so far

2430 on the first stage...i think this was Eula/Barb/Kazuha/Mona. took several attempts, the slimes feel like the slowest part of this so it was just a matter of pushing through them + the second stage fast enough to be able to chew through multiple waves of the hoarders for points.

2148 on the second stage, Xiao/Bennett/Kazuha/Mona i think? cleared on second or third attempt, nothing about this one really stood out to me as a strategy other than you can abuse the suction areas and swirl is good.

2211 on the third stage, second attempt with Xiao/Barb/Mona/Kazuha. this def feels like one that Venti benefits since the guys have a ranged bias and are spread out beyond what Kazuha can reliably group, but it also feels like the gimmick does a lot of work as long as you're keeping momentum maxed.

Yeah, on the first stage I went in with my traditional Klee, Zhongli, Xingqiu, Bennett team after not reading the description at all and trying to hit every target and got 1400 or something, switched to Klee, Venti, Sucrose, Bennett and got 2250

Second I failed with that team because fire shield and switched to Klee, Eula, Venti, Bennett and squeaked out a victory at 2028. Definitely not the optimal team there.

Third, Venti just dominates this one for sure. Did Klee, Eula, Venti, Bennett again and got 2820.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, on the first stage I went in with my traditional Klee, Zhongli, Xingqiu, Bennett team after not reading the description at all and trying to hit every target and got 1400 or something, switched to Klee, Venti, Sucrose, Bennett and got 2250

Second I failed with that team because fire shield and switched to Klee, Eula, Venti, Bennett and squeaked out a victory at 2028. Definitely not the optimal team there.

Third, Venti just dominates this one for sure. Did Klee, Eula, Venti, Bennett again and got 2820.

I have all of those characters! But Bennett's built to throw bursts and nothing else so I'll give it a shot.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Also also, you are using Condensed Resin, right?

Oh yes, definitely yes. I love Condensed Resin.

I did finally start popping some Fragile Resin but I don't yet have a good feeling for how quickly I'll build up more now that I won't be getting a ton from Adventure Rank rewards anymore, so I'm a little nervous about using it all up. Then again I still have almost 50 stacked up so I'm probably worrying too much.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There have been two events in the game so far that rewarded you for stockpiling fragile resin, the alchemic transformer event and the alt-oceanid event. Both of them gave you a ~25% better return on XP books than farming leylines. I imagine future rewards will be similarly moderate, I assume they don't want players to feel punished for spending their fragile resin.

I still don't like dropping below 50 though. Just me being dumb. Spending a lot of it makes a really big difference at AR45 because spending 21 fragiles puts you ahead an entire week on artifact farming, but it matters less as you move forward.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The main ongoing source is the Battlepass. So not quickly but you do get more on a set schedule so if you feel like you need to use a bunch of Resin quickly you can plan how soon it will come back.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've discovered after a few co-op runs with randos of the Crimson Witch domain that people love to bring Keqing in there and then immediately explode

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have 3 fragile and 1 transient resin

will probably spend that trying to get VV stuff this week

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Leveling up Kazuha is not fun. At all.

It's good that he's pretty fun. Otherwise I'd put his rear end on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

I have all of those characters! But Bennett's built to throw bursts and nothing else so I'll give it a shot.

I only shot at the targets when all the enemies were gone, but I am not sure what the optimal strategy is there.