Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

dogsicle posted:

i'm so excited to see Deku get punched

Deku is going to beat up all of his friends before his mom shows up to give him a stern talking to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheHan posted:

Bakugou's at a huge advantage since he's willing to maim innocents

When has this happened?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rhonne posted:

Deku is going to beat up all of his friends before his mom shows up to give him a stern talking to.

but moooooom, i'm the thin ragged line holding back the forces of evil!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

oh jay posted:

When has this happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb2TvD1bCDk&t=12s

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

oh jay posted:

When has this happened?

I don't think Bakugo would maim innocent people

unless there was a maiming innocent people contest

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lol.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, that's some vintage Bakugo hate.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nephthys posted:

I think it says something that I still give Deku a 50/50 chance of winning this even when he's barely able to stand up. He's just so strong now and narratively it would be a cool parallel to Bakugo beating him and being unhappy about it.

No poo poo one of the first things I thought of how this could play out is Deku simply owning all of them at once to really hammer home what a weird god-avatar he's become, but then being snapped out of it by a "oh god what have i become/what am i doing" moment triggered by Bakugo or Uraraka.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lmao, that's some vintage Bakugo hate.

What’re you talking about this is the part of Bakugou that rules.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku stands over the defeated Class 1-A (sugar man is dead offscreen.)

He looks at Momo.

"But...I don't feel like I won."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Funky Valentine posted:

He looks at Momo.

*knocks her out immediately with a black whip/smokescreen combo*

"She was one step ahead the entire time"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

One for All is a power meant to save people, Deku thinks to himself as he uses Blackwhip to ragdoll his friends

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

No poo poo one of the first things I thought of how this could play out is Deku simply owning all of them at once to really hammer home what a weird god-avatar he's become, but then being snapped out of it by a "oh god what have i become/what am i doing" moment triggered by Bakugo or Uraraka.

I think that seems a lot less likely considering that the class just had to bail him out against the latest assassin, and with how he had to think his way through his fight with Nagant.

Deku's strong, but he's also tired as hell, and he's not yet in the All Might "Why did you even show up?" tier.

On a more meta level, that undermines all the other characters for future use. If a half dead Deku can kick everyone else's rear end, then how are we supposed to buy them contributing against the villains that give Deku trouble?

Better to have them win, one way or another, to emphasize that Deku can't do this solo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku also still has one more quirk we haven't seen yet, so that might come into play here.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think there's any way this ends with Izuku winning. It would be weird given what the story is building towards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Prediction: Deku is in a position to win with one more move, but his hesitation and exhaustion finally pull his legs out from under him and he collapses... right into Class 1-A's arms.

I did also absolutely love the one silent panel of him being left momentarily speechless by Bakugo asking where his smile is.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 11, 2021

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Sure BakugoGreat Explosion Murder God Dynamight, just yell out everything about One For All for everyone to hear.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rhonne posted:

Deku also still has one more quirk we haven't seen yet, so that might come into play here.

Unless that quirk is some kind self-induced healing coma that fixes him up and catches him on weeks of sleep-deprivation in like a day or two I don't see why the vestiges would help him out on this one.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

chiasaur11 posted:

On a more meta level, that undermines all the other characters for future use. If a half dead Deku can kick everyone else's rear end, then how are we supposed to buy them contributing against the villains that give Deku trouble?

Welcome to shonen

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Sure BakugoGreat Explosion Murder God Dynamight, just yell out everything about One For All for everyone to hear.

They already know, Deku left them all a letter admitting to it before he left UA remember?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

They already know, Deku left them all a letter admitting to it before he left UA remember?

I meant any civvies/villains still around.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what Class B is up to now?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Ah yeah, but at this point everything’s already going to hell/we’re probably getting close to the final arc of the series anyway so why bother keeping secrets anymore.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Well, I feel like the next step after this is going to be Deku going public with the whole story of All for One and One for All.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

chiasaur11 posted:

I think that seems a lot less likely considering that the class just had to bail him out against the latest assassin, and with how he had to think his way through his fight with Nagant.

Deku's strong, but he's also tired as hell, and he's not yet in the All Might "Why did you even show up?" tier.

Better to have them win, one way or another, to emphasize that Deku can't do this solo.

Yeah Deku is going to get rocked to show the power of ~teamwork~!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Welcome to shonen

More to the point "Deku is am good at fighting" doesn't mean even his multi-quirk is the right tool for every situation. Pretty much everyone in the class can do poo poo he can't to some degree except maybe the sugar hulk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

He looks at Momo.

christmas boots posted:

*knocks her out immediately with a black whip/smokescreen combo*

"She was one step ahead the entire time"
These made me chuckle.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

More to the point "Deku is am good at fighting" doesn't mean even his multi-quirk is the right tool for every situation. Pretty much everyone in the class can do poo poo he can't to some degree except maybe the sugar hulk.

Deku can do several of their powers, but better

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Blackwhip basically is a better version of the tape guy’s quirk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know what'd be cool? If those people he "obsoletes" instead countered those powers because they've had them all their lives, in contrast with Deku who's had them for a few months and is swinging them around with no real ideas about the deeper intricacies of their usage. Sero baiting Deku into trying to Blackwhip onto something that he knows from experience won't support a person's weight would be an amazing way to bring my boy back to relevance.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

bobjr posted:

Blackwhip basically is a better version of the tape guy’s quirk.

He also has Froppy style!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

You know what'd be cool? If those people he "obsoletes" instead countered those powers because they've had them all their lives, in contrast with Deku who's had them for a few months and is swinging them around with no real ideas about the deeper intricacies of their usage. Sero baiting Deku into trying to Blackwhip onto something that he knows from experience won't support a person's weight would be an amazing way to bring my boy back to relevance.

Sero is supposed to get at least one more cool moment according to an interview.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I don't see any way Deku wins here, if only because he's not going to be all that willing to hurt his friends, whereas Bakugo is perfectly willing to knock Deku's lights out to force him to take a nap.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Well it's nice to see that my desired theme of "you can't and shouldn't do this on your own" is potentially what's gonna happen. Alternatively it's a shonen moment and he kicks everyone's rear end.

That said I wonder if Stain is gonna/already did kill All Might to push Midoriya towards his viewpoint on heroism.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chiasaur11 posted:

We don't even know if they actually needed to bail him out. He was being attacked by a bunch of mind controlled innocents and was in the process of working out how he was going to win without turning them into chunky salsa when 1-A showed up. He might have been fine!

Deku seems to be getting pretty close to the All Might demigod tier, given that he's escalated to the point of speedrunning the defeats of professional assassins that give pro heroes pause while being tired as gently caress. He trivially beat Muscular, an accomplished pro hero killer who had previously almost killed Deku, in seconds while not even trying really hard.

This manga hasn't really been shy about undermining other characters from a power level standpoint. Horikoshi already decided that The Strongest Strength Quirk Ever wasn't enough super special power for the protagonist, so he decided Deku needed a bunch of other quirks too. Similarly, "I can disintegrate you if I touch you" wasn't enough for the Shigaraki, so he's now some kind of chimera super being with AfO stacked on top.

Demigod Deku being able to beat up his friends doesn't mean they're useless narratively. It means that we get an obvious final fight setup where Deku takes on Shigaraki while Deku's friends deal with the LoV. Uraraka doesn't need to be able to punch Deku's lights out to kick Toga's rear end, for example.

I could see this fight plausibly going either way and working in the narrative.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Midoriya is going to lose this fight for the simple reason that it would completely undermine the purpose of 1-A showing up at all to rescue and help him for them to lose to him. If he wins, the lesson is suddenly that he doesn't need help and he can do it all alone, which is rear end-backwards from the way the story has been presenting this. It just doesn't make sense and if he somehow wins I'm willing to say it's kind of bad for the story.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah there's no way Deku wins here. The real question is whether Stain makes an appearance.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

girl dick energy posted:

Prediction: Deku is in a position to win with one more move, but his hesitation and exhaustion finally pull his legs out from under him and he collapses... right into Class 1-A's arms.

I did also absolutely love the one silent panel of him being left momentarily speechless by Bakugo asking where his smile is.
This also matches what Nighteye said to All Might after his injury.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Deku can do several of their powers, but better

That's pretty unlikely. Even if Deku has more raw power he's going up against people who have done literally nothing but work on improving their own abilities and powers and we've already been shown on multiple occasions that a Quirk doing one thing doesn't preclude it from evolving and doing more things.

Like honestly that alone is a perfect fine justification for why they can stand up with Deku. The League of Villains were getting their poo poo wrecked until they started getting powerups and it's pretty easy to imagine the same happening for the protagonists should the need arise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sindai posted:

Yeah there's no way Deku wins here. The real question is whether Stain makes an appearance.

If Stain or another assassin were to show up in the middle of this fight and hurt one of Deku's friends, then Deku would just see that as proving he is right to distance himself from everyone for their own safety. Alternatively, if Stain or someone else did something to All Might after Deku left him behind, then that would show him that he's not actually keeping his friends safe by distancing himself.

Part of why Deku pushed All Might away is because he still remembers Nighteye's vision of All Might's death and Deku is just trying to keep him safe, but I wonder if he's unintentionally pushing All Might towards making that vision come true?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 12, 2021