Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

freebooter posted:

I knew I should've moved back to Perth last year

gently caress off we're full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bill/Kevin ticket.

Spill the leadership

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It was good to hear the media actually mock the "gold standard" in NSW over the weekend.

It's terrible what's happening there but an abject lesson in how to handle this poo poo.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Anidav posted:

Bill/Kevin ticket.

Spill the leadership

Kevin is very happy at his wall Street consultancy job, where no one is allowed to get mad about his managerial style because they're just shitheads and he ran a country once

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 12, 2021

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

I knew I should've moved back to Perth last year

West Cost, Best Coast.

Come hang out with the Perth goons, we're not all as awful as me, I swear.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Opening salvos of Sydney's plague war against Victoria have begun. Legions of sleeveless puffer jacket-wearing consultants are descending on Victoria as we speak.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

'24 Kevin.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

'24 Kevin.

Kevin '27

Also lol that we're in 2021, and now have 29 years to totally decarbonise and we're still building fossil fuel plants.

If anything Corona has thoroughly proved our inability to react effectively and in a coordinated fashion to save ourselves.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

Kevin '27

Also lol that we're in 2021, and now have 29 years to totally decarbonise and we're still building fossil fuel plants.

If anything Corona has thoroughly proved our inability to react effectively and in a coordinated fashion to save ourselves.

id argue Climate Change proved that first.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Amoeba102 posted:

'24 Kevin.

hooman posted:

Kevin '27

Kevin '24/7

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Kepfin

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Kevwhen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ys 5: Kevin, Lost City of Sand

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This burn at the last paragraph was so good it burnt half a US state to the ground today.

https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1414459193692590081

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for June:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Paging cat interceptor to tell me what this means for the possibility of a corona super villain

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Tommunist posted:

A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

What are the private school fees for year 28? :chanpop:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

id argue Climate Change proved that first.

Honestly you're probably right. I just naively assumed that maybe if the disaster was imminent and obvious we'd be able to act on it, rather than being imminent and more subtle.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tommunist posted:

I was able to intercept an entire pallet of Pfizers first vaccine shipment. 4000 doses at 2 shots per dose. I've got it stored in a chest freezer in my garage. Ive been injecting myself every day, sometimes multiple times a day if I can stand it. The symptoms were terrible for the first few weeks. There were times I was completely paralyzed with pain, contorted like the Edvard munch painting and frozen in agony for hours. I became stronger and some of the worst symptoms subsided over time. I've been vaxmaxxing far almost 4 months now and I feel as though I'm becoming something greater than human now. I will continue to administer the injections into the same arm as long as possible. I'm increasing the dosages as much as I can stand and will maintain my journal.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

What are the private school fees for year 28? :chanpop:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

This dudes amazing and I love him

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Rather than vaccinating all of Australia twice, how about we just vaccinate one dude 52 million times.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

AZ [X]
Pfizer [X]
J&J [ ]
Moderna [ ]
Gamaleya [ ]
Sinovac [ ]

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hooman posted:

Rather than vaccinating all of Australia twice, how about we just vaccinate one dude 52 million times.

For some reason Recoome didn’t like it when I suggested this earlier

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
man there was even a video gag some months back about some guy getting all the vaxxes and developing super powers, force strangling a doctor while turning to the camera and deadpan saying "you should get vaccinated"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tommunist posted:

Paging cat interceptor to tell me what this means for the possibility of a corona super villain

Help me Covid-Man, you're our only hope

Tommunist posted:

Science is certainly saying AZ then Pfizer is pretty drat good as a two dose regime, wouldnt be surprised if there's studies looking at two shot AZ / two shot Pfizer? Seems a bit of a dick move to do off hand when he was already pretty well protected.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Dude just wants to lick a lot of dancefloors

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

I'm Covid into NSW

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

I'm Covid into NSW

Hi I'm Covid into NSW, I'm dying (apparently)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

moice
making

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
murder
nationals

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-13/sydney-covid-lockdown-1-billion-week-economic-cost/100287426

How much could 50 million doses of Pfizer cost, Michael? Seven billion dollars???

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

Sydney living rent-free in Victoria's head

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

oh :same:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Recoome posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-13/sydney-covid-lockdown-1-billion-week-economic-cost/100287426

How much could 50 million doses of Pfizer cost, Michael? Seven billion dollars???

Thank God that Morrison encouraged them to hold off on locking down, imagine how much just a week or two would of cost!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

getting first clot

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

hooman posted:

Vaccine Georg is an outlier and should not have been counted*.

*Except for LNP marketing efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

That is absolutely disgusting, and absolutely on par for 7 News.